All hotels in Lakeport, California, United States of America
1010 North Main Street, Lakeport, CA, 95453, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.8
"There are better alternatives"
I came with a boat for a fishing tournament. I stayed 4 nights. Room was adequate. Decent location in Lakeport. Negs: they charged me $10/night to charge my boat batteries. Parking for a boat is poor. Neighbors fought loudly unto 1:30am.
4 night trip Jun 8, 2015
"Alright"
It was alright for $65 per night.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Yulee
"Not as advertised"
Hotel is advertised online as having breakfast. This is intact not true. When I checked in and asked the times of breakfast I was told to go across the street to the cafe. There was random furniture out sitting in parking lot. Place was rundown and not well taken care of. The room bedding was my last straw. The pillows and sheets had dark hair on them randomly throughout all the bedding. Very disappointed.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Noisy patrons"
NOISY neighbors in the room over us, well past 1 AM
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Gerald
"go next door"
The pool on the website is in complete disarray and when we asked for extra pillows and towels they gave us 1 even though they had more available. Definitely not a "customer first" place. The beds are also rock hard, hence the need for more pillows.
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Sean
I rented a room for an out-of-town visitor because we didn't have a spare bedroom. She was happy with the room and was thrilled that the motel was in walking distance to many amenities.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Laurie
"Good place to stay in Lakeport"
All was good, given the price. The beds are very soft and old so if you like a hard bed, maybe ask for it or check it out before you spend the night there. Overall it was a good stay.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"waking up to mobile homes, oh my"
clean rooms, service accommodating, location ? rates well.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
L. T.
"Decent for overnight"
Nice management but this is an older bit rundown n frills motel. Reasonably clean and comfortable. Coffee maker, fridge. And microwave in room. No iron or iron board and no blow dryer. Had to have my sister bring one from her house. Haven't had to carry a blow dryer in my luggage since the 80s! Good for a quick overnight not much else in the area
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Jill
"Just OK"
Nothing to write home about, but adequate and reasonably priced.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Was the loudest hotel I have ever stayed. The staff/owners were rude.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Hotel was just OK!"
Room was clean but a little worn out. Towels were rough and thin. We were on the 2nd Floor. Stairs up were very steep and the floor squeaked. Parking was limited but when I asked if there was any other off street parking the manager moved his car so I could park. The second night there I drove up and found the police at the front desk dealing with a problem person. Location was good and right in Lakeport near the water.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
NF
"Lakeside hotel without a view"
This place is pretty rundown and in need of some TLC. It is lakeside but it doesn't face the lake, so only one end room has a view. The lake itself is a stinky, green mess next to the dock. The lakeside pool is the best feature. You can sit poolside and have a lovely view of the lake and a fence blocks your view of the green algae mess near the shore. Unfortunately they don't bother to play up their best feature. Every chair poolside was cheap plastic with no cushions and most were cracked and broken. I won't be back.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Nan
The bed was bad unconfirtable, sagged in the middle.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
John Dillinger
"1/2 Star Rating"
Nice motel staff but the room seemed dirty and the deadbolt didn't work. Also had to SLAM the door loudly to get the knob to lock and it was the kind that could have been opened from the outside by a credit card... Not very secure
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2013
"Basic and Clean"
The hotel has all the basics needed - clean, usually quiet, fridge, microwave and free wifi. There are some maintenance issues and some upgrades are needed but for the price and location, it serves the purpose.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2013
"Average"
Generally good, just one incident of noise from other guests. It was cold but the heat in the room was very comfortable. Housekeeping is a little lax. The used coffee packet was alaways left in the holder and the shower curtain was moldy on the bottom. But the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
4 night trip Jan 11, 2013
The room was satisfactory. But when I booked the room I asked about boat parking. The parking lot was to small to turn around in. So we had to stop traffic on the street so we could back the boat into there parking lot. When they filled the motel we had to back into a spot uncouple and then back the truck in and recouple. To say the least we will not be staying there next time we visit.
5 night trip Oct 2, 2012
It was ok compared to price , but it's kind of old and if u stay on ground floor , hear lot of squeaking noise , and we had bad experience as the neighbors were noisy !
2 night trip Sep 1, 2012
Ray
"Stay elsewhere if possible"
If it wasn't for the good location, this hotel would have nothing going for it. For starters, they still give out regular house keys for the rooms. I really have no problem with that, it's actually kind of cool, except that the key takes the strength of a giant to turn and I had to body slam the door to get it to open each time. Very poor condition. Inside the room was even worse. Last update was no later than 1963. Sink and bathroom were very dirty. There was no alarm clock in the room. The bed was as comfortable as a sheet of plywood with one cloth sheet over it. And the WiFi was extremely spotty which was a problem since I was on a business trip and was depending on the wireless Internet to get work done. Stay somewhere else if you can. The Anchorage Inn just up the road looked a lot nicer than this place. But it has poor reviews on here as well.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2012
"Could use a little work."
Never could get on the internet. The place could be much nicer with minimal work by owners.
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
Ron
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2013
Morten
3 night trip Aug 31, 2012
2 night trip Aug 18, 2012
John D

TripAdvisor reviews for Regency Inn

"The worst hotel we have ever stayed in!!"
07/22/15 Amstorer6 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
This hotel was the most uncleanly place we have ever stayed in. We made sure to only let our suitcases and belongings touch hard surfaces and definitely did not go barefoot or touch the blanket or bedspread. It was trully disgusting. As another reviewer said, the beds were hard and old. We stayed two nights and on our second night two or three more people stayed. The place was 90% unoccupied yet they put the newcomers right next to us. We could hear the conversations next to us pretty clearly through the paper thin walls. I hate camping but I would much rather have been in a tent!!
"Horrible Customer Service"
02/16/15 Amber d San Francisco, California
First complaint had to do with the hardness of the mattress, something that the staff can't fully control. I stayed two nights and woke up the next day with terrible back pain because the mattress was so uncomfortable. Then I asked for extra pillows over the phone and was instructed to go get the pillows myself from the front desk. This wasn't too bad but when I did go get the pillows, the lady at the front refused to give me more than one pillow claiming that if I needed another I can get it from her later which made no sense. This extra pillow smelled of curry for some reason and the last night I spent was still wildly uncomfortable, all because the front desk lady was too lazy to give me more than one extra pillow. What were they worried about, that I would steal their curry-smelling pillows??
"Bed hard very basic accomodations"
05/26/14 carolab california
The small lobby smells of curry, my Room a king, hard bed, small towels all for $89 night.the air conditioner is loud,needed to call front desk to get a hair dryer .we did not try the pool, it was Memorial Day weekend.
"AWFUL"
11/03/13 readytoleavequil San Francisco, California
We had to stay here for my husbands work, and the other hotels in the vicinity that were available looked to be about the same-money & review wise. If we didn't have to stay here for 3 days we would never have done so! The rooms are old and in need of desperate repair. I say rooms because my husbands work associate stayed a few doors down and his room was bad too. Out dated smelly dingy bedding and carpet that was so unclean looking I insisted we all wore socks or shoes at all times. The complimentary tea bags were mildewed & old, the phone & TV looked to be from 1980 something and don't even get me started on the bathroom with the broken screen and not enough towels, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper, & even when we left out the "Make up room" door hanger it was not done once within 3 days. We had to go to the office at night and request anything which made me feel bad since the owners young daughters were the ones sent to fetch the items (clean towels, cups...) we needed. The owner and his son had a huge fight at about midnight one night in the parking lot...enough of a ruckus that people were opening their doors from the balconies to make sure everything was okay. The ice machine outside next to the office did not have a cover over it and worse yet, it was directly below a bug zapper!!! I can't even describe the condition of the pool. It was a joke. Dirty, with some dilapidated old lounge chairs that were so broken down, ripped and full of bugs you couldn't have paid me to sit on them. Upside? Nice diner with decent American fare at a good price directly across the street, & the lake view is pretty. The whole area just feels like it is in a time warp. Interesting museum in town and Chopsticks had good Chinese food & excellent service. I have posted several photos of the pool situation. I've stayed in a LOT of hotels....only one worse than this was a room in Kathmandu, Nepal 1987 & I think it was about the same price. Oh...we also got a call the day we were to check out from the desk...the sounded hysterically panicked that we wouldn't be checked out at noon on the dot (10 minutes late). We were the only people in the whole unit in the middle of the week!?!!!
"Affordable, decent and convenient"
08/28/13 johnpr Juneau, AK
Clear Lake, in Northern California, is really quite beautiful, but it can be hard to find a vantage point from which to admire it. The lake’s 62 miles of shoreline are mostly lined with rocky cliffs, trailer courts, and tacky strip development. One good solution is the Regency Inn, in the town of Lakeport, CA. This property is a traditional motel, meaning that there is a strip of parking spaces along the side of the building, one per room, and parking is included in the rate. The building appears to be quite old, but well maintained. Although the rooms are small by today’s standards, we had enough space to walk around and between the two double beds. The room was definitely big enough for two, and it was helpful that the sink was located in its own alcove, outside the bathroom. The round table was big enough for the two of us to sit opposite each other, banging away on our respective laptops. Unfortunately the nearest electrical outlets were pretty far away. In fact, the one drawback of our room was that there were not enough outlets for us to charge our phones and cameras and all the other gizmos that the building’s designers probably never dreamed of. The room did come with a working fridge and microwave, a welcome touch. The heated, outdoor pool is the central draw of this motel. While some properties locate their pool in the middle of the parking lot, making pool-goers feel as if they are on display, this one is located so far back that the primary visual interaction is with the lake, as it should be … but Wait! There’s more! From the pool there is a rickety jetty that leads to a floating dock. Heaven knows how long that will remain available – probably until somebody falls in – but for now it is the perfect spot for watching the sunset and/or sunrise on the lake. The Regency Inn does not have onsite food service, but there is a full service restaurant directly across the street that serves an awesome breakfast. Lakeport is regionally prominent because it is the county seat: Its tidy downtown offers shops, museums, parks and pubs, some of which are open late. The downtown area is only a ten minute walk along the road, so you can leave the car safely parked and explore the town on foot. All in all, the Regency Inn turned out to be an excellent find. Nothing fancy – no fluffy towels or extra pillows; it’s a motel fer heaven sakes – but you will get a comfortable, serviceable room at a reasonable price, in a super-convenient location, with a decent pool that provides a superb platform for admiring the lake. So who cares if the electrical outlets are a bit limited? Bring a power strip; you’ll be fine.
"Great romantic getaway for beautiful experiences of sunsets and sunrises by the lake."
07/29/13 G L city
Our stay here was quite pleasant overall experience. From the street, it appears to be just another motel. The room is rated a basic plus, clean room - no issues, a good sleep quality queen bed, coffee maker, working air conditioner, TV, working wi-fi, microwave, mini-fridge that actually kept the ice from the hotel's ice machine frozen, shower, a round table with two chairs allowing two laptop users to use the table at the same time which is great and quite rare, we can't even get this from better more expensive lodging places. No breakfast is included, but Renee's is right across the street for dining or walk several blocks away for other dining options. The swimming pool is in the back by the lake and is well maintained. But the best feature is further back after the swimming pool going down a walkway on a not so steady nor well maintained floating plank, experiencing a beautiful sunset, waking up early to catch the sunrise are priceless, the reason for the excellent rating, just steps outside our room to catch this romantic moment.
"Welfare Motel"
07/07/13 David J Rancho Cordova, California, United States
The staff was great. The room had an overbear smell of human urine. We reserved 2 nighs, but didn't stay the 2nd night. They accept pets but that wasn't the smell. My wife is a retired nurse and knows a people smell verses a dog. Also the pool was cloudy. Found out later that the county puts up transits in the motel.
"Quiet, Basic Motel"
03/05/13 MzMurf Salida, California
This is right on the lake which makes it very convenient. We have not used the pool but it looks nice. We have had problems here but go back because the owner is willing to take care of anything we need. If it is cold, ask for a room with a baseboard heater. The other kind with the fan is very loud. Some repairs are overdue and this is not the Hilton but, for the price, is a good, basic, clean room. Fridge and microwave in every room and close to restaurants and stores. We have stayed a total of 15 nights here in the last 8 months.
"This place is GREAT"
07/07/12 agreen54 vallejo
Very nice rooms, fair prices, right on the lake with dock and swimming pool, BBQs. Great family who runs the Inn, friendly and helpful. Moonrise and sunrise every night and day, from behind the mountains along the lake.
"The Best!"
06/17/12 Shawna S Fairfield, California
We stay here all the time and love this place. It is right on the lake and the pool has the best view in Lakeport. The rooms are clean, with fresh paint and recently upgraded. There is a fridge and microwave in every room which makes it very convenient. The location is perfect, in close walking distance to the downtown restaraunts, shops, and parks. The family that owns this hotel is very nice and friendly and has always taken care of us. This hotel is defintely the best deal in town!