All hotels in Mendocino, California, United States of America
45020 Albion Street, Mendocino, CA, 95460, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
  • Value
  • Bar
    Standard bar
    Quite clean
"A quiet, spacious room in Mendocino"
We stayed in the annex, which was a few blocks away, but preferred it because my wife wanted to avoid climbing stairs (the main house does have a handicapped entrance on the back for access to the dining room). The room was very spacious and quiet, so we were very satisfied with our choice. The room included breakfasts which were terrific. We had dinner in the dining room on our second night and also rated that tops.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Philip
"Good bed, bad breakfast"
I had planned a one-night stop in Mendocino. The town is beautifully located. Check-in was OK. The suite was quiet, very comfortable and in good condition. However, the suites are adjacent to a cemetery and are a couple of blocks away from the main house that is pictured on Expedia and offer no views at all. Breakfast was included but it was a waste of time: it took about 20 minutes to be seated, another 30 minutes for order-taking (after alerting one of the servers), and another 20 minutes for a mistaken order of below-average pancakes and yogurt parfaits. To her credit, the server was apologetic and didn't charge for beverages not included in breakfast. Good bed, no views, not so good breakfast. Not a good value for the price paid.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
my2cents
"Beautiful building in great location"
Commercial management more suited to impersonal city hotel than quaint BnB. Not what we remember from earlier stays, very disappointing. Our room lacked a table and good lighting for reading. The closet was down a flight of stairs - no convenient place to hang things. Most signs were framed in a negative tone: don't do this or that, there will be a fine, etc
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Mendocino fans
"Charming !!!"
This Hotel and town is the most charming place we have visited in many years. Everyone was so friendly. Spectacular views in all directions! Fabulous dinner! We can't wait to return! And we will !!!!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Nice resort"
This hotel has the best pool in Maui and it's right on the beach.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Dirty glasses in room. Disappointed in double beds when requested king
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Great value!"
Very comfortable, lovely inn. Ideal for a few days in Mendicino. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, breakfast was great!
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
Clare
"Room not in MacCallum house"
Fireplace in room didn't work
2 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Mendocino: Magical place, spectacular views"
The staff was great, the complimentary breakfast at the Inn was delicious - among other thinks: chicken apple sausage, home made wholewheat hazelnut bread and yummy coffee. The rooms were beautiful, especially in the Suites where we were, about 4 blocks from the main house. Comfy robes are provided for use during your stay but you have the option of buying. Huge shower/bath, fireplace, private terrace. In sum: awesome.
2 night romance trip Jul 22, 2014
Anna
"Charming Mendocino inn"
At check-in we were surprised to find that our room was in another facility several blocks from the main hotel. We drove there and found our room, but there was no obvious staff there to welcome us or make us feel secure. Use of the hot tub was out of the question for us as we'd have had to drive back to the main hotel for that. Room and bed were comfortable. The included breakfast was very good, but we were unpleasantly surprised that we were charged for the juice that was offered. The person at the first floor desk was quite short with me when I asked if I could leave our room key with her rather than going upstairs to give it to the hotel clerk. We did make a reservation for dinner at the restaurant and had one of the best meals we've ever eaten!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Connie
"Nice traditional hotel with a great view"
A good hotel with a nice restaurant in a gorgeous area !
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Excellent service. Exceptional breakfast.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
Doris Petersen
"comfort in Mendocino"
The Mccallum suites were perfect for a girls' getaway as the room was large with 2 queen beds. Beds were ultra comfortable and the bathroom was tricked out with granite and a jetted tub. The suites are a short walk from the main property. The breakfasts offered at the Mccallum house are gourmet and beautifully presented. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.
3 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Anne
"Main hotel is good, but secondary location is terr"
It seems that booking here is a dice roll between the gorgeous main location and a horrible secondary location about a mile away. If there was a way to choose or know in advance, I'd book here again, but if you get the wrong location, you won't know until you get there, and if the hotel is full then you're out of luck.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2014
"Beautiful and well furnished room with large tub."
Staff were exceptionally nice. They explained everything clearly about the accommodations. The waiters were welcoming and attentive and the food was excellent.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
diane
"Peaceful and relaxing."
Highly recommend the suites for a short trip to Mendocino. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is fabulous although a bit on the high-end range.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013

Great location, food excellent but had to wait a long time to be served.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015

"Mendosino"
Sehr gutes Abendessen mit schöner Auswahl. Preis Leistung sehr gut. Große Zimmer. Sehr romantisch und ruhig.
1 night family trip May 27, 2014
DE
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for MacCallum House Inn

"Attic Sweet!"
01/15/16 Jody W
My daughter and I chose the attic suite on the third floor. It was perfect. Two little rooms, so we had privacy, a nook for watching TV, a roomy bathroom, and best of all, two comfy chairs looking out at the ocean. The stairs are steep, but the accommodations are wonderful. Also, it has a restaurant, and is very conveniently located.
"Didn't live up to expectations"
12/28/15 Remington L Pacifica
The grounds and the location are fantastic. We opted to go for a nice extended weekend and splurged a bit and paid $500/n for the one their fancier rooms, which was unbelievably beautiful. We however ran into issues the first night. The buildings are old, and there is virtually no sound proofing between floors. We were rattled by banging, yelling, and laughing most of the night until we had enough around midnight. We called the front desk letting them know of the party below us, they did nothing. A few hours later we ended up leaving in the middle of night over the inability to sleep. We cut our vacation short, checkout out in the middle of the night and we haven't heard from since. This place is gorgeous but beware of the noise
"Highly recommend MacCallum House for your next visit to Mendocino"
12/09/15 Cory C Walnut Creek, California
Five years ago we started an annual trek to Mendocino to hike during mushroom season. Our favorite place to stay in town is MacCallum House or one of their other properties (We have also stayed at Hill House and MacCallum Suites). In our opinion this is a first rate property that takes wonderful care of their guests which enhances the entire weekend. Great location, wonderful staff, good food and a warm inviting environment will bring me back every year going forward. Thank you to everyone at MacCallum House!!
"Delightful!"
11/15/15 anela_2010 Bakersfield, California
The town of Mendocino is small and quaint, and while I do not know if I would want to spend an entire week here, I cannot think of a more idealistic place to stop for the night on our recent trip on PCH. We arrived the first weekend of November, just for an overnight stay, but the air had turned cool with a passing front a few hours prior. Our room did have central heat, that was on when we checked-in, but the innkeepers had laid a out a fire in the huge fireplace, just waiting for us to light. We were also traveling with our dog and 2 year old daughter, and they had also laid out a dog bed, clean dog bowls, extra poop bags, and even a towel to dry his feet since the front had brought rain. For our daughter they had set up a pack-n-play with clean sheets and extra blankets. I do not know that I have ever had any inn or hotel be so prepared for our arrival! It was wonderful. After a little tour of the town of Mendocino we decided to have dinner at the restaurant at MacCallum House. Prior to our meal, we decided to have a cocktail in the lounge of the old house and met a couple of other guests. Everyone was so kind and friendly, there was a fire roaring in each fireplace of the main house (every room had a separate fireplace), and the cocktails were amazing. Our meal was as nice as the cocktails and we thoroughly enjoyed lighting the fire in our room before retiring for the night. We had breakfast in the same dining room the next morning before heading south. We loved Mendocino and I would highly recommend staying at the MacCallum House if you are traveling PCH.
"Weekend Getaway"
11/12/15 SLO2013 Santa Rosa, California
I was just reading reviews of hotel for an upcoming vacation and thought how could I not share my experience at the MacCallum House in Mendocino. Mendocino has to be one of the most magical places in the world and The MacCallum House one of the best places to stay. I travel a lot for work so staying at hotel is one my least favorite things, when I travel on vacation we usually will pick a vacation home. For our trip to Mendocino we knew we wanted to stay right in town so we could walk around the town. MacCallum house was the perfect place! Everything is in walking distance. That is if you even want to leave your room!! Room 17 The Barn Studio is a private getaway!!! I don't know what I loved the most, cuddling up by the fire, the bathtub, the cozy bed, or the private hot tub on the deck. The only thing missing, a view of the ocean from the bed. But you can see the ocean from the writing desk where I spent plenty of time day dreaming!! The grounds at the MacCallum house are beautiful and the staff friendly. The breakfast amazing!!! I wish we could spend every weekend there! I can't wait to go back!! I should note, while it is a private hot tub appropriate coverage maybe required. A person in the room above (which I would assume has an amazing view) could potentially stand at the window and look down at the hot tub. It seems as if at the MacCallum house you can pick the room perfect for you!
"Slipping"
10/18/15 BobnNancjoy Pleasanton, California
This restaurant has always been #1 in our annual stay in Mendocino. We called for dinner reservations mid-afternoon and voicemail answered. The message suggested a tag-on internet reservation service (like everyone is on-line). We do not use these due to incessant spam and a bad experience with this particular one. So we left a message and a callback number. No call back. We arrived at the requested time, and obviously had no reservation as we had to take a table in the bar. Our server was very good. The food, however seemed unevenly after-salted. Not up to the standard we experienced in the past. We love the ambience of the dinning room at MacCallum House, so we will be back in June. Hopefully, the food will will return to its tradition of excellence.
"Unique B&B on the North Coast"
10/13/15 768theresam
We loved this quaint B&B for a quick weekend get-away. Centrally located in the town of Mendocino, this inn offers a great launching pad for exploring the town and local area. We stayed in the restored water tower, and the views from the third floor bedroom were incredible. Loved the large bathroom with sauna, and the beds and bedding were very comfortable. Our nine-year-old daughter loved being able to peer into the old well, covered by thick glass in the floor of the living area.
10/02/15 R1chardN
My wife and I were looking forward to a night at the MacCallum House Inn and eating in the restaurant at the end of our tour of America. Tripadvisor reviews are very positive almost without exception and we felt it a bit of a final treat. Two days before we were due to arrive we received an e mail telling us we could not eat in the restaurant because a wedding was taking place in the hotel. Whilst we had not booked a table we felt this was incredibly short notice as I think it is quite common for people to want to eat at the Inn where they are staying. Longer notice would have been better and would have given us the chance to properly consider alternative accommodation where we could ‘eat in'. We had paid for the room in advance but I assume we would have been able to get a refund.. When we arrived we were assured the wedding would not spoil our evening or be noisy beyond a reasonable hour. This was true but there were other limitations as we could not even buy a drink in the bar because everything was focused on the wedding. It was at the time of checking in that we were first advised the room we had booked (no 4) was directly over the kitchen. The kitchen starts its very noisy preparation for the day at 6 a.m. and so it is just as well we did not go to bed too late. The room was a reasonable size and relatively clean although you could not help but notice the dust on a number of shelves and ornaments around the room . The bed was comfortable and the shower worked well although the bathroom was quite small. We booked a bed and breakfast rate but were told the breakfast was complimentary. The ‘gourmet’ breakfast was the standard breakfast we had taken on most days of our holiday regardless of the rating of the hotel/inn. However, the service was below the level we had become accustomed to in America. There was no bill to pay and we honestly forgot to tip the server as our minds were other things to do with the journey ahead. Unknown to me at the time the tip was charged to my room and therefore my credit card after I had checked out. This resulted in my card being blocked as the card issuer identified this small payment as being out of context with my usual behaviour. I discovered this when my card was declined at the next hotel I was booked into which I found very embarrassing. I guess from reading other reviews that we were unlucky. I have spoken to MacCallum House Inn who assure me the charge will be reversed.
"Mixed experience"
09/29/15 Skysurf88
We got send away twice because our room wasn't ready while a complete wedding company was checkin in already. After that we got our lovely bungalow on the premises of Mc Callum House a two floor bungalow with our own patio and a huge bathroom on the ground floor and a sweet sleeping room on the top floor. Even though there was a wedding party going on it was quiet enough to have a good night sleep. The house features a very nice garden with lots of places to sit. The breakfast is an other story you'll get a voucher for a full breakfast but this doesn't include any side orders you make and prices for those are high. The Pancakes we got were burned too. Staff is mixed some are very friendly others well let's say could improve. All that makes for an average experience
"Quaint"
09/28/15 hellison Knoxville, Tennessee
My husband and I stopped here for one night after we had been camping for 3 nights on our PCH trip. We stayed in Room 10, the carriage house. This was wonderful for us. We were looking for a place to relax in since we had been hiking and on our feet non-stop for three days. This room has it's own private deck with hotub, that was wonderful to help us relax. The bed was very comfortable, and if it had been a little cooler out, we would have used the fireplace. Just be forewarned that if it is hot out and you like your room to be cool, there is not A/C. The only issue I had was that we checked in around 8 o'clock at night, and when asked about food and a drink was told that they were basically stopping service and I couldn't get any. The restaurant does not close until 9. And they gave me a free drink coupon and then told me the bar was also closing. So despite feeling unwelcome for food and drink that night, it was a good stay. We did eat breakfast and that was very good. The area we sat in was what used to be the porch of the house that was enclosed, so it was a little loud, but overall we were happy, despite being told we could not get food or a drink the night before.