All hotels in Sanbornton, New Hampshire, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here516 Steele Hill Road, Sanbornton, NH, 03269, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Needs a bit of sprucing up"
Hotel appeared beautiful upon arrival, however the rug in the suite had stains. I found fecal matter on the side of the toilet, bathrooms are really outdated and no air conditioning in the main part of the hotel. The weekend we stayed was 90 degrees- A/C would have been nice. Service in the dining room and tavern was horrible. Breakfast buffet had empty chafing dishes and the sterno must have been out for an hour as the food that was left was cold. Dinner at the tavern we were told that the kitchen was extremely backed up and that they couldnt take our food order for a 45 min to an hour. The hotel was booked- and it felt as if only 2 servers were on staff. Location is beautiful, overlooking the mountains and lake- hotel itself needs some updating and reconsideration of their dining service. People are on vacation- they dont want to wait for service or a cocktail.
2 night trip with friends May 31, 2013
DMB
"Good time had by all."
My family and I had a great time there. My 93 year old mother in law was kept busy drawing the fabulous views and the two 13 year olds loved the pools and games. It was great having a kitchen. Neighbors were a bit noisy, but that can't be helped. Maybe we were too. We will be going back if we can get the same rates.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2013
CR
"Horrified"
Stressful... Didnt have room ready for us at check-in time. Then let us in the room to put our things in there. Housekeeper(Male) came out of the bathroom an stated( I would'nt go in there anytime soon) Totally freaked my 7 year old grandson out for the night. Then Housekeeping took out bathing suits, Kids Mask & Swimming flotations by mistake. They found them the next day. Very aweful experience.
1 night trip Feb 17, 2013
Was attending a 4:00 wedding. We were told nonapologetically that we would not be able to get an early check in because they were so busy . We were offered to use the humid pool area to change. One would think that they would have prepared for that in advance and be able to accommodate the wedding guests by at least 3:00. We dressed in the bathroom in the pool house.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2012
I was very satisfied with this resort. The one bedroom unit we stayed in contained all the amenities we needed for our stay. We were very satisfied with the indoor pool, spa, and fitness room. We were impressed that we were offered a day use pass to use any of the resort pools on the day we checked out!
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2012
"Great all-around resort"
Hilltop location provided a secluded setting with spectacular lake views. Took advantage of splendid indoor pool and relaxing outdoor pool with pool bar. Played tennis and golf on resort facilities. Short drive to lake attractions. Maid service was a little spotty, but the facilities are in good shape. Seems like it was a choice for extended families and friends. We had a nice week at Steele Hill and would recommend it.
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2012
AJ
2 night trip Jul 7, 2013
2 night trip Aug 10, 2012
1 night trip Jul 7, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Steele Hill Resorts

"Repeat Guest"
06/28/15 CMR2192
This is our second time at resort and I definitely feel that there is great value at Steele Hill. I noticed that some reviews found issue with the staff however our experience was quite the opposite . The staff at check in and departure were extremely friendly and professional. Even though we didn't take advantage of the daily housekeeping services the staff were great with giving us fresh towels as needed. The variety of pools is a huge plus as it keeps everyone in the family happy. The golf course was a huge attraction for my two teenagers. The only area that I think could use some improvement is with the key access to rooms I think a more current card type system would really be a huge addition. Otherwise I would have to say that we had a great time and the views are breath taking !
"Wonderful place to just relax"
06/25/15 BillSeaver Concord, Massachusetts
We went there on an RCi weeks trade and were delighted. We stayed in the East resort which is older but had wonderful views of the lake, valley, and hills beyond. The day it rained we just walked down the hall to the indoor pool. The one bedroom unit had a full kitchen with full sized refrigerator and dishwasher. The king bed was quite comfortable and we slept well. The staff were more than willing to fix any problems promptly. We also enjoyed the walking trails. We felt no need to leave the resort for the week we were there. Bring your own food, the restaurant is marginal at best.
"Atrium pool is amazing!"
06/23/15 MamaS88
We stayed in the older part of the resort, the room was clean and very nice but it was very noisy in the building at all hours of the night as we were right above the restaurant. The first night we had our 3 year old son with us and we all loved the pool area. I liked that there is a small pool area for little kids. The second night my husband and I stayed just the two of us so we could take full advantage of the pool and hot tub. We also ate at the restaurant which was very good. The bucket drinks at the pool are awesome and we had a blast! We are definitely looking to go back but would probably try to get a room in a different area of the resort.
"Can't beat the view!"
06/11/15 SLP333 De Soto, Kansas
We were staying in a time share room, and I am not sure if other parts of the resort had rooms of the same quality. First thing I noticed, was that our living room and patio has a beautiful view of the lake. It appears that this room had been updated. Full kitchen, which was nice because we were able to make our own meals instead of going out to eat the whole time we were there (one week). Great amenities on the property: two indoor pools, two outdoor pools, two jacuzzis, steam room, gym, hiking trails, golf, etc..
"Beautiful location; friendly service; needs some updating"
06/11/15 TNTravelinCouple Pelham, Tennessee
We stayed here a week in the east section through our timeshare exchange. The location is beautiful with a view of the lake. We enjoyed our stay very much. The employees were very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant on the grounds but we didn't go. The pool areas are nice and clean. The indoor pool water at the east section wasn't heated but the area was very warm so the water wasn't very cool. There were gas grills right outside our condo. The downside was the furnishings needed to be replaced. The couch was horrible! It had lumps and dips. The only reasonable place to sit was in the corner of the sectional. The toaster didn't work. There was no washer and dryer in our unit. There is a laundry area. $1.25 a load for each. The heat inside our condo was baseboard heaters. We only had to use it once. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. Just hope that they replace the worn out couch!
"Nice Place for the family"
06/08/15 Andyhcvc
Steele Hill Resort is a great place for a big or small family and has many activities for the kids and adults to enjoy, I love grilling and the fact that there are grills right outside your room is one of the things I love about this place. The pool enclosed in a glass dome is my kids favorite place to spend their days in the winter but in the summer the outdoor pools are awesome, if you are looking for a fun place for the whole family this is the place...
"Nice room, beautiful view, lazy maintenance staff"
06/07/15 JySw72 Derry, New Hampshire
The first two rooms we went to were "not ready" but we did end up in a very nice room with a beautiful view. Front desk did their best to be accommodating with some mishaps. Trash was left in rooms from previous guests. And linen was scarce. The resort was in transition with building and landscaping. The newer section was nice but I did not like the moldy smell of the older units. Needs some updating from 70's decor and furniture in that part of the resort. Chocolates weren't provided in the room for the romance package. We had to ask for it.
"Memorial's Day Weekend"
05/26/15 cyberracing Dover, New Hampshire
everything very good and clean. just keep it upgrade a little bit. Keep it nicely to the customer. The wifi keep it high speed. the room, hall way and pool area, everything are clean and i don't any with trash.
"Nice place to check out"
05/26/15 cardello Norwood, Massachusetts
Friends invited us to stay with them at Steele Hill Resorts a few weeks ago. It has nice views of the mountains and lake. We stayed down by where the restaurant is and the pool down there wasn't open yet but that was fine. The room was clean and the food at the restaurant was good but not great. The pancakes and french toast at the breakfast buffet needed a chainsaw to cut them. I had the meatloaf for dinner, it was a large portion but didn't come out hot. I found the service a bit slow. We walked the trails the resort has in the woods and it was good to get out in nature. The indoor pool area was extremely hot, almost oppressive. The "pool bar" was cool and the food and drinks we ordered were good especially the bucke drinks but we found it odd food items ordered at the "POOL BAR" were not allowed at the pool. We would go again if invited back but wouldn't book it on our own.
"Great Amenities, Room and restaurant service left a bit to be desired."
05/26/15 BoomerWells Haverhill, Massachusetts
Spent a weekend at Steele Hill with my wife and 16 month old son. The property and amenities, especially the pool setup, were fantastic. Lots to do right on site and plenty of friendly employees. Location is nice as it's off the beaten path yet fairly simple to get back to civilization. Our room was dated and a bit rundown. My son was able to pull a knob off the daybed exposing a screw that could have been dangerous, The door stop fell off the wall at one point. The bed was the creakiest I have ever stayed in. The deck was sloppily painted and we had sprinklers running right off the deck outside our room most of the stay. We did enjoy the full kitchen and all the pots, silverware, etc. that were provided and used the kitchen for most meals. Full size fridge was also a plus. I tried to get takeout from the restaurant on two occasions. I realize that room service is offered but with a sleeping baby I didn't want any knocking on the door, so figured I would try the takeout route. On the first attempt, the hostess sent us to the bar to place the order. There were no customers at the bar but the bartender had to make some drinks for the floor, and then got stumped by a drink order and spent about five minutes on her phone trying to look up how to make it. I stood there for over 10 minutes. 2 servers, a hostess and the bartender asked if I needed help, yet no one bothered to scribble down my simple order, and I ended up leaving without ordering. Attempt#2 was a call in for some dessert that I would pickup. They told me to ask for Carol and give it 15 minutes, I gave it 20 minutes, and went down to the bar again. Carol was located and was swamped and hadn't done anything with the order yet when I arrived, and from that point it was another 20 minutes until a bag with food appeared. At that point I decided I was done trying to eat on site. All in all, we would return because our son had so much fun in the pool and on the playgrounds. I will not plan to stay in the room all that much, or eat in the on site restaurant at all.....which is really too bad because who wants to cook over a long vacation weekend? A little attention to detail would really go a long way.