All hotels in Sanbornton, New Hampshire, United States of America
516 Steele Hill Road, Sanbornton, NH, 03269, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointing"
I got this room for the jetted spa tub. I was very disappointed when we arrived because the tub was filthy. I took the time to clean the tub so I could still enjoy it. Unfortunately when I turned the jets on the tub got filled with disgusting debri from inside the jets. I tried flushing the jets more then once but had no luck. I understand that Steele Hill is a very large resort and it can be hard to get to every little detail, but if you are going to offer something like a jetted tub it would be nice to actually be able to use it. Also the room had no sound proofing and I could hear everything going on in the room above us. I was very disappointed with this stay
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
"Cozy, Clean and Comfortable!"
My room was cozy and warm and was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The stairs might have been daunting but I requested assistance with my bags and the nicest employees came to my aid with both coming up and going down! Honestly, everyone could not have been more helpful and gracious!
1 night trip Oct 17, 2015
Not Provided
Room was perfect and the spa tub in the room was beautiful. We had a great stay with the fall leaves changing the view was breathtaking. We will return before we know it.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
kimberly
"Quick get away!"
Fabulous meal at the restaurant located on premises and nice to sit by the beautiful pool with water slide and sauna. Pool side bar wasn't open until after 4 which was surprising.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Jose
Nice resort! Pleasant stay, restaurant had great food, will definetly go back !
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Jayme
"First visit to "The Hill""
It was our first visit, we loved the place, the food was fantastic, the rooms were amazing, the view from our room was just gorgeous! We will be back!
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Beth
"AMAZING"
We had an amazing stay. The room was spacious and clean, the staff was very helpful and polite. There just wasn't enough time in our trip to enjoy everything this facility has to offer!
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Great pool area for the kids"
Nice place close to outlets in the lakes region. Went up for a 1 night stay with our 3 year old daughter over the long weekend. There was a wedding going on and it was labor day weekend so the facility was naturally crowded. The inside pool area with water slides was a big hit with our daughter. Pass on the hilltop restaurant-it was frankly, terrible. Ordered food to go and it was just about inedible. Hard, cold, dry...like it had been cooked and microwaved. The room was pretty nice, bathroom was small and a bit dated but not bad. Pretty clean, but did find an open bar of used soap on the floor next to the hot-tub. I'd likely stay there again, with the indoor pool area being the largest draw. If not for that, it was just an average hotel, but you're not going to find anything better in that area.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Nicole
"Would go back!!!"
I read ALOT of the reviews before we booked. But we never know who the person is writing the review, so my husband and myself decided for a weekend how bad could it be. Well, we are so happy we went. We got up there at midnight, after watching the Red Sox WIN!. The staff person at the check was so helpful and friendly. We stayed in the new south hotel. The room was clean and in great condition. Best night sleep!!! We spend Saturday driving around, a lot to see and do. Went back to go swimming and we figured we would try the indoor pool with slide. It was beautiful. However, because of the slide there was a lot of families. Everyone was enjoying there own space, so we stayed for while. Got a drink in the bar and walked back down the hill. Now I read its too far to walk around. Maybe if you have little ones but we enjoyed the very short walk, you have beautiful scenery to look at and it was quite! We did check out the other indoor pool and it was all adults, so that was nice. The outdoor pool areas looked great but it was getting dark, so we never tried them. There was a wedding ceremony next to hotel. They ended up eating in the hotel restaurant, so I think a lot of people didn't bother going over. We did and we were the only couple in the bar area. We have amazing food and service. On Sunday, we went to the "best bunch around" in the hotel. This was not the best brunch we had ever had. Go to Heritage Farms for breakfast, we went on Saturday, it is very close to hotel
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
White
"NH getaway"
Great setup for families.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Ok. Needs updating."
Beds hard. Poorly patched water damage in ceilings. The view was wonderful but the rooms need updating.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Shirley
"Great resort"
The hotel was our destination. The indoor pool and spa was our attraction!
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great hotel/resort with amenities for the kids"
Room was huge (2 bedroom Suite) though we stayed on the older side of the hotel. That area is starting to need some upgrades, but the room was clean, and the views were spectacular. Busy weekend at the hotel with a big wedding there. Kids loved the indoor pool with the slide.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Countryside resort in Lakes region."
Had a wonderful time! The hotel is set in a beautiful setting way out in the countryside. Views of the lakes and mountains from our rooms. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and we'll kept. The new rooms addition looks brand new, even though it's almost 30 years old. The food and drinks are very good, for the Sunday brunch the head chef was out making omelets. I wanted a few things extra that weren't out, so he went to the kitchen and got the hot peppers I wanted. Great service! I would stay here again in the future.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Overrated"
Overrated. Room was sandwiched between two units and loud. They actually call you during a stay for a wedding to try and sell a timeshare. Drinks were way too expensive and mostly mixers.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Angelo
"Great overlooked Gem!"
Hubby & I needed overnight accommodations , and I stumbled across Steele Hill Resorts. It's a bit out of the way, although it was well worth the extra travel time . Very clean, spacious rooms. The only thing that needs improvement is the labeling of buildings rooms. We wandered , as did several others, looking for our room/ building. Would definetly stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Megan
"Great hotel with lots of amenities."
One night stay, booked at the last minute. Beautiful hotel with lots of amenities. Gigantic hot tub. Kids loved the pool with slide. I loved that the kids had their own adjoining suite and the fact we had a full kitchen and living area. Would definitely go back and stay a few days. Would loved to have more time to take advantage of the tennis courts and outdoor bbq areas. They even had a game area with video games for kids. Short drive to Weirs Beach.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Nice once your there."
Hard to get in room. Bldgs.not marked at all We came in middle of night. Six miles off main drag. Was only there for the room unfortunately. Looked like a great facility. Golf course looked inviting.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"pool area and jacuzzi need to be cleaned more"
the inside jacuzzi had human feces in it, no towels at the pool and the bed had no support
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
P
"Great place to stay."
The place is excellent, but getting there with a GPS is NOT. Make sure you find out where it is and do not get there with your GPS..Warning!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Beckie
This is a great resort with tons to do right on the campus. I will definitely go back when I can stay longer!! Beautiful views and quiet in the evenings!!
"3 day ski break over Christmas"
My husband 2 kids and myself went over Christmas for 3 day ski trip, we stayed on the older side of resort and while it's old fashioned looking it was very clean. Even the fridge was spotless with nothing left behind from previous guests. Food was good and staff were helpful. My only small complaint is that it is a little far away from town so it's harder to run out and get supplies if you need something so go prepared. Gunstock is 15 mins away , we saw kids iceskating and sledding on resort so bring all your gear off kids, pool was also great for kids.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
kass
"Lovely resort"
We had a great short weekend getaway here. We stayed in a one bedroom suite in the West Complex. There are several areas of the resort with different kinds of rooms. Ours had a balcony that had a view of the lake to one side and the mountains to the other. The rooms were clean and well maintained. (The shower pressure was the only disappointment). Dinner at the on site restaurant was delicious and had a spectacular view. Due to our short stay, we were not able to enjoy all that the resort had to offer, but the upper level indoor pool and gigantic hot tub were excellent after a day of golfing. I may even make a special trip back up there with the kids for an extended weekend in the fall as there were many things the kids would have enjoyed.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Love NH
"OK stay but Don't Expect "Resort" Quality"
Stunning lake views from atop hill, Excellent family amenities (pool, games). Plenty of open space to relax even during busy bike week. 10 minute driving distance to lakes, shopping and all area restaurants. Excellent amount of space in each room. 1 bedroom w/kitchen & pullout was plenty for 4 people. Room had doors right out to patio area with lounge chairs that was a plus. Out-dated Rooms needed updating & cleaning. (linens on pull-out couch were stained and needed to be retired years ago) A/C clicked and was loud all night. Poor quality of breakfast buffet for price paid. Omelette station good, Fish, Chicken and Eggs looked like wedding leftovers! Staff seemed pleasant but was young and lacked the "wow factor" expected of a resort stay. Experience with all staff was purely transactional. Nobody went above & beyond. Overall stay was just "OK", Steele Hill must spend some money to update before you expect "resort" quality.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Needs a bit of sprucing up"
Hotel appeared beautiful upon arrival, however the rug in the suite had stains. I found fecal matter on the side of the toilet, bathrooms are really outdated and no air conditioning in the main part of the hotel. The weekend we stayed was 90 degrees- A/C would have been nice. Service in the dining room and tavern was horrible. Breakfast buffet had empty chafing dishes and the sterno must have been out for an hour as the food that was left was cold. Dinner at the tavern we were told that the kitchen was extremely backed up and that they couldnt take our food order for a 45 min to an hour. The hotel was booked- and it felt as if only 2 servers were on staff. Location is beautiful, overlooking the mountains and lake- hotel itself needs some updating and reconsideration of their dining service. People are on vacation- they dont want to wait for service or a cocktail.
2 night trip with friends May 31, 2013
DMB
"Good time had by all."
My family and I had a great time there. My 93 year old mother in law was kept busy drawing the fabulous views and the two 13 year olds loved the pools and games. It was great having a kitchen. Neighbors were a bit noisy, but that can't be helped. Maybe we were too. We will be going back if we can get the same rates.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2013
CR
"Horrified"
Stressful... Didnt have room ready for us at check-in time. Then let us in the room to put our things in there. Housekeeper(Male) came out of the bathroom an stated( I would'nt go in there anytime soon) Totally freaked my 7 year old grandson out for the night. Then Housekeeping took out bathing suits, Kids Mask & Swimming flotations by mistake. They found them the next day. Very aweful experience.
1 night trip Feb 17, 2013

we stayed two nights,very nice indoor pool,nice restaurant on the hill.very nice view.the only problem was that you must drive or walk inside the buildings to go to the lobby or to the indoor pool .but overall it is pleasant.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
ardoudig

"J'ai passer un bon séjour à Steele Hill Resorts"
J'avais une chambre avec 1 très grand lit. La chambre était correct mais petite. Le site est vraiment bien avec 2 grande bâtisse qui ont chacun piscine intérieur et extérieur. Par contre il y a une bâtisse avec la très grande piscine + spa + piscine pour enfant et glissades accessible de l'itérieure(+++). Nous avons payer cher pour la chambre à cause de l’événement en ville (Nascar Sprint cup Sylvania 300). Mais bon faute de quantité de chambre dans le coin les prix montent. Notez qu'il n'y a rien à 15-20 minutes à la ronde, mais l'hôtel à tout ce qu'on a besoin(restaurant, dépanneur, golf, piscines, etc.)
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Vacaciones"
Fue un paseo hermoso, un hotel bello y mi familia la paso super bien.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
2 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
Luis
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"It was outstanding. We will be coming more often."
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
2 night trip Jul 7, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Steele Hill Resorts

"Staff great, room leaves a lot to be desired."
01/31/16 Nan04101 Portland, Maine
This review is with mixed feelings. I am here as a time share owner (I've owned for 4 years 1st time using.) The staff here are wonderful! I didnt meet one person that wasn't genuinely helpful, and friendly. I brought my 12 yr old granddaughter, and two of her friends for a birthday weekend. They loved the pools and other amenities. So now for the downside. We were in the oldest building on the property, the unit was very dated, and for cleanliness of the unit they scored a big negative. I will leave the details out as the on duty manager has all the pictures and was going to address the concerns. This property has both time share owners as well as a hotel. The indoor amenities are at the Amenities building with exception to the restaurant and the pool located in the East building ( which is where we stayed) The girls loved that this pool was opened at 730 am ,and that it was 9 feet deep at one end. There is no relaxing sitting in the lobby area of the Amenities building enjoying the fireplace and reading a book as it is open to the second floor loft spaces where the ping pong table, and the x boxes are set up. With all that being said I think if you are here as a hotel guest ( I do not recommend time shares for anyone ) for a weekend getaway in the winter there is plenty to do. In addition to the pools and Jacuzzis inside outside there is sledding skating and if you're there on the right night ( we were not) they have a bon fire. Girls had a great time
"Best Moms Weekend Away Ever!"
01/24/16 EmilyW1983 New Ipswich, New Hampshire
I have stayed here many of times with my family. This past weekend I was able to enjoy the hotel with my sister and best friend with no children. We stayed in the new south side building. This building is great for people without children, since you do have to go outside to get to the indoor pool and other amenities. With kids, we have stayed in the west building, which everything is enclosed. All the kids games and fun things are in the west building. The room had a washer/dryer already in it, which was a huge plus! Its a bit smaller than the west side condos, but plenty big enough for us 3 ladies. The staff was awesome! The hotel was spotless as usual. Whenever we had a problem, it was taken care of right away. Frank and Lisa waited on us all weekend and we really enjoyed them. Again, all the staff we met this past weekend were all very pleasant. Looking forward to our vacation with our kids there next month!
"Do not stay in the EAST Building"
01/23/16 jpspmp Concord, New Hampshire
The east section is very outdated, I asked to be upgraded to another section(which I offered to pay the increase for). The best they could do is give me another 1 bedroom in the same EAST section. The front desk staff was not accomodating. I ended up booking and paying for a 2 bedroom room in the WEST building for one night since we didn't want to travel in bad weather. We stayed the night and had fun with the kids in the WEST building pool and game area, although around 9ish there seemed to be a lot of people walking around with alcohol and smoking "electric" cigarettes(inside the building around childred). We decided to go back to our room since it didn't seem very family friendly. The next morning we recieved a call promptly at 10am(checkout) asking if everything was alright with our stay. I asked for a little longer to finish packing and was given until 11am. When we got home we realized one of the kids had left their cell phone in the room, we called and asked if someone would go up and check out the room. NO CALL was returned from the office staff, we drove up early the next morning and asked to go in the room. The phone was exactly where it was left, they hadn't even taken the trash out of the room yet.... We kept the timeshare swapped room over in the east wing for the week thinking we would go back up and swim. When we arrived on Tuesday the door to our room was open and a box I had left on the floor with dishes was missing. The maintenance person who was working across the hall had helped himself to my box. When I reported this to the office, it took TWO days of empty promises before I was able to speak to the Manager. She was able to find my missing box and offered to ship it to me. I still have not seen it, this was two weeks ago. They did credit me the cost of the 2nd 2 bedroom room I had rented for one night and offered a free 1 night stay to try and convince me that Steele Hill is a nice place to visit. Do not waste your money on a room in the EAST building, if you have to stay there ask to see the room first. I will piggy back on the comment about the restaurant, 5 Shirley Temples cost me $17 and the Mac & Cheese was $15.
"Steele Hill Resort great"
01/06/16 althea2016 Brisbane, Australia
A beautiful place with spacious units and good appliances. My family and I stayed in the West wing and had beautiful views of the forest. There are great short hikes around the resort, a huge indoor pool area which has just been renovated and activity centre to keep kids busy. The resort is also within close range to ski slopes and shops and has an onsite convenience store which is great to get basic supplies. Staff were helpful and friendly. Free wifi was also available. A lot of tourist venues are closed in December so don't count on being able to visit tourist areas but the resort offers entertainment and there you can go on beautiful rides around the area. Sanbornton town offers some good places to go out eating and is a short drive from the resort. Would definitely recommend this resort.
"Pretty views & great pool"
01/02/16 Niccum Massachusetts
The place has great views. The accommodations were great in size. We had two bedrooms and three bathrooms. However, we were not a fan of housekeeping. They didn't visit us daily as expected, so we were always looking for more towels. The big pool was not in our building so we had to walk up and down or drive every time we wanted to use it. That was a pain with four kids and snow outside. The walk wasn't safe either as you have to walk on the street with cars coming up and down. We had a buffet dinner for NYE and that was great. However, it was not cheap. I thought $14 for one drink was very stiff. We are talking about a martini. However, the food quality was excellent. The staff in all areas of the resort was great. Very friendly. I would prefer more activities during the day. The only thing available was the pool over the New Years holiday. Overall, I would stay again. However, I think summer might be a nicer time because you can get out more.
"The good is good, but the bad is pretty bad"
12/30/15 collivan Methuen, Massachusetts
We stayed here in July 2014. We had a one bedroom east unit. We stayed in a different one bedroom east unit in December 2015. Pros: -The indoor pool with the slides is great, especially when it's cold and snowy outside. -The views are beautiful. -The jacuzzi bathtub was a hit with my son. It makes huge bubbles! -There was plenty of space in the guest rooms. -You can use the pool all day after check out. We packed up, went out to breakfast, then hung out at the pool until the kids were tired enough to sleep on the way home. Cons: -2014: We tried to go back to the indoor pool but it was unexpectedly closed. Two year olds do not take that kind of news well. At least there was another indoor pool, but no slide or kiddie pool. -2014: There were bees in the sand at the playground outside our room, so we could not use it. -There's nowhere to get breakfast at the resort on weekdays. -There were serious issues with the housekeeping. As far as I can tell, there is no housekeeping staff! During our 2014 visit, we were gone all day but housekeeping didn't come so we returned to our mess and had to call to ask for new towels. Then, my son found a diabetic needle point thingy (not sure the proper name) by the edge of the bed! I'm so grateful he told me about it immediately instead of exploring it on his own. The needle, along with the band aid wrappers next to the bed, told me that they did not clean thoroughly between guests' stays, in addition to not cleaning thoroughly (or at all, in our case) during guests' stays. A security person came and inspected the room to see if there was anything else amiss. We were told that the housekeeping staff was new and there had been other problems recently. We were offered a credit for a free night in a similar room or a 2 bedroom. I asked to have written confirmation, but I was assured that it was written in my file. When I insisted on having something in writing for my own reference, they sent me a letter describing my future stay in the very same suite with no option to choose other accommodations. I was pregnant at the time of our first stay, so we were unable the use the credit for some time. We tried to book a list minute trip in August 2015, but nothing was available. We tried again this month (December 2015) but were told that credits can't be used on vacations or holidays. Given that the credit is a result of their poor service and that I am a teacher who can only travel on vacations and holidays, I was frustrated. I expressed this and told them that I was planning to submit my Tripadvisor review about our 2014 visit, but management decided to allow us to use the credit during vacation week AND they discounted the second night for us. I was excited to give them a second chance. Unfortunately, this trip was very similar to the last. We had a great time in the pool, but housekeeping never came, even though I called two times to tell the front desk that my son brought us a dead mouse frozen in a trap that he found while playing in the snow on our balcony, and that we needed new towels. When I called at 1pm, front desk assured me that we were on the schedule for a cleaning. Around 6pm, I called to ask if the mouse & towels had been taken care of because we were on our way back. The guy at the desk kind of chuckled and said that if I told them there was a dead mouse, he was sure it was taken care of. I called him back after we returned to find that our room had not been touched. He sent a maintenance person to get the mouse and bring towels. Someone from management is supposed to call me since this was the second time we had a problem with our stay, but if they offer us another credit, I'm not sure I want it! We will be looking for a different hotel with similar amenities the next time we plan a trip.
"Great Getaway"
12/19/15 Becky E Newport, Vermont, United States
This is a nice place to go when you want to get away from it all. Not a lot of activities, but there are many things in town and within driving distance. Layout is kind on funky in the older buildings, with lots of steps, even inside the units, but plenty of privacy for parents.
"Relax in the Heated Pools"
12/16/15 Steven B
Golf Course, Awesome Restaurant, Jacuzzi Pools, Indoor and Outdoor pools, Bars, Gym, just and awesome time all around, the views are incredible and differ depending on the season, I visit here every season.
"Great Couples Getaway"
12/14/15 Katie J Walpole, Massachusetts
I came with my boyfriend for a special weekend and the hotel was nothing short of amazing. Heather was great and approachable at the concierge desk and Sean was amazing in the restaurant. I asked for a private dinner for my boyfriend for an occasion and Sean helped me plan the entire meal. He taught us a great deal about wine during dinner and made the experience absolutely amazing. I would love to come back and would certainly visit the restaurant as it was the best. One thing I would change is, the concierge called us twice during our stay and also showed up at our door to ask if we needed anything. It woke us up from a nap twice which was very inconvenient. If we needed something or wanted something Heather made it clear to press 0 so we did not need to be checked on a bunch of times. Also, room service never cleaned our room during our stay. We got room service twice - about a 20-30 minute wait which is expected, food was amazing. When the concierge called we asked for towels that were brought to us in 2 minutes. Hotel had a WONDERFUL view. We stayed in 49C in the South Hotel which is right next to the building with the restaurant - very convenient and the newest hotel there. The bathroom was amazing. A seat in the shower, glass doors and giant two person jacuzzi. The room was large as well and a brand new TV. I could not complain about anything in the restaurant or in our room, it was amazing. The West pool was closed but we visited to see what it looked like and we are excited to come back and stay again when that pool is open. There is a bar (Oasis Bar) near the West pool that looks like it would be a good time as well. We are excited to come back and stay again!!
"My wedding"
12/13/15 mamaof3lb Brooklyn, Connecticut
Penny Miller, the event coordinator was amazing. We contacted her with the idea of eloping and she not only helped us plan the wedding economically, but answered all my many nervous questions with care and kindness. No matter what my question was, she answered it at all times of the night or day. My husband and I can't say enough about her. The resort was beautiful and accommodating. It is out of the way but well worth the twisting roads and the quiet countryside it's located in, beautiful and romantic. My kids always had something to do and never got bored. The food was delicious and the coupons made it affordable for all of my family members. We are definitely going back for another romantic get away!