All hotels in Hinton, Alberta, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here571 Gregg Ave, Hinton, AB, T7V1N1, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9479

"Clean & quiet"
Was clean & quiet. Nice continental breakfast.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Shelby
"nice hotel close to things"
A nice hotel. the bed was comfortable. Had a nice breakfast. Not hard to find was off the mad in street you drive into.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
liz
For us this was a cheaper way to visit Jasper National park. It is best if you are going to the Miette Hot Springs area or another location close to the North end of the park. There is a lovely grocery store, Freson Brothers, right across the street which allowed us to make lunches for hikes and had delicious oatmeal raisin cookies. The staff was a bit distracted, not greeting us when we walked in the door sometimes, but it was OK. Room was comfortable.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Scott & Vikki
"pick another place to stay"
This is a poorly managed hotel. The clerks behind the desk were either 18 years old or in one case, outside having a smoke. The basement flooded and the Wi-Fi went down. The breakfast room was ill stocked and nobody was there to make fresh coffee or refill items that were empty. One morning a new employee showed up in the breakfast room and told us that they had not even told her how to make fresh coffee. Needless to say, we won't be staying here again. This place needs new management.
2 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2014
"Close to Jasper National Park"
We liked the hotel, but were disappointed that the balcony advertised on Hotels.com was not present on all rooms and wasn't even a balcony! It was just a grid on some of the windows. Other than that, we had a great experience.
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
"Terrible experience"
- They just forgot to clean the room one day. First time this happens to me! - Breakfast experience was terrible. Half of the equipment didn't work one day (no coffee, one microwave, one toaster). People lined up waiting to get food, staff didn't know how to prepare for breakfast, and guests had to help to refill the juice machine, grab bread (frozen) from fridge, etc. Breakfast area did not have enough room for everyone. In reality there was one asian lady on the first day that had it all figured out but she wasn't there on the other two days and it was horrible.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Juan
Somewhat bad small in my room.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"The worst motel on a 10-day trip around BC & AB"
The hotel is pretty much worn off and is facing a busy highway. Old floor carpet does not look clean, beds were creaky, a/c rattling, and WiFi did not work. On my request to change the room (they were all booked but there were unchecked rooms), the receptionist made no effort to help me, instead, made fun of my naiveness. In the morning we were woken up by very loud cleaners, screaming and laughing in the corridor. Free breakfast was miserable, I could not eat anything. I've never seen orange juice so much diluted with water. Hotel staff really lacks training and supervision. Hotel.com was not able to relocate us to a different hotel because of the high season. By I recommend staying away if you have a choice.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Nice building exterior, very yukky inside!"
Good gosh, the beds are 100 years old!!! Bed's springs squeak shockingly LOUD even when just sitting on the bed. Disgusting! Carpet in room and hallway all worn out.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Joyla
"Good Value"
Great location, easy to find. Breakfast left a little to be desired!
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Sheri
"Outside of Jasper Park Great place to stay"
We were looking for a moderately priced hotel outside Jasper Park. Some Econo Lodges are average. Not this one. It was well above average. We came down 10 minutes after the breakfast closed. The manager graciously opened it again and we were able to have breakfast. An added benefit of this location is the VERY excellent Japanese restaurant adjacent to the lobby of the hotel. Moderately priced and excellent food. Quite unexpected this far north in Alberta.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
GeorgeP
"Very Good"
This hotel is a little far from Jasper National Park. But the road to the hotel from thr park is very beautiful and we had a wonderful experience to see a elk going across the big street.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
chris
"Reasonable distance to Jasper"
Room was good. Extra pillows--nice. Clean. Decent breakfast
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
charlie
I need a receipt for my bill. The front desk said I book it with Hotel.com therefore Hotel.com will have to generate a final receipt to me. So far I have not got any final receipts.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"If you don't need WIFI this hotel works"
Compare to other hotels we stayed during the trip. This one has the best price. Room is tiny but you get everything done. The only thing especially if you are a business traveler need to watch out is that their WIFI does not work in the room. You have to go to the lobby downstairs. Also, their breakfast finishes at 9am. That's very early.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
SZ
their internet is terrible, can't get on or do anything at all.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
The hotel was clean and close to where were were traveling. Morning front desk was very nice
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Amenities are Terrible, Unknowledgable Staff"
advertise free wi-fi-- didn't work continnental breakfast was minimal, frozen waffles, no orange juice, no forks or knives available. Other Econo-lodge Motels have been excellent...this one definitely is not up to paar...do not waste your money here. Staff didn't know enought about the wi-fi to help us log onto our own device...told us just to use the lobby computer. I finally asked the desk clerk to reset the lobby part of the wireless router and that let us on...but with much persistance. Should have been done right when we were first having problems...45 minutes is much too long to wait for someone to help us.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Cathi
""I have no idea". Sounds like "I really don't care"
Room was fine, but I needed a hotel with wifi, or a working computer in The lobby. Neither was connected to internet, and staff still hadn't called for tech support the next morning whne I tried to connect again before checking out.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"Noisy beds"
Beds make noises when you toss and turn. Otherwise it is OK.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Easy highway access"
Room was clean and quiet. Continental breakfast was good and the staff kept it full and clean.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Molly
"Perfect!"
Every thing is perfect, for the hotel comfort, the cleaness, the staff, and the price.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
DaTouYu
"Hotel stuff shall pay more attention to details"
when we arrived to the hotel, they informed us that the Wi-Fi connection in the rooms is not available because some problems with network. But they promised that the connection will be restored soon. However, they have not restored the network in the next two days of our stay there. They have a desktop computer in the lobby that is connecting to the internet though. The beds in rooms are too firm, air conditioners are too noisy, room service maid forgets to put a soap bar in the bathroom.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
"Wonderful staff."
The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and didn't seem bothered at all with our many questions about the area, etc.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Convenient, clean and affordable"
Conveniently located. Easy to find. Clean rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Can not sleep because creaking sound from upstairs. Need to repair for upstairs floor.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2013
"very convenience for shopping"
It was very good. They could do better maintenance.
1 night family trip May 18, 2013
Audrey
"Good for a cheap stay near Jasper"
The room as ok, not great and not bad. The bathroom sink was clogged and the best the night clerk could do was to give me a bottle of draino. Evidently the maintenance guy only comes by once every few days, and would not be present on the two days I stayed there. Staff was nice enough and even gave me a little discount on the stay and offered to move me to another room on the 2nd night. It's a bit of a coin-flip here. I might stay again; I might not.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
Stanley
"Exceeded Expectations"
Pleasantly surprised. We had to drive outside of Jasper National Park but it was a lovely stretch of road and there were lots of wildlife sightings along the way - elk, coyote, mountain goat, deer. The breakfast was included which we weren't expecting plus our room had a microwave and fridge. All the staff were courteous and friendly. Nicely done!
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
K & M
"Wouldn't stay here again"
The lights would not work until after they warmed up, which took a long time, especially after they had been off for a while. It was impossible to keep the temperature regulated in the room. The breakfast room was crowded and hot.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
Andy
"Surprisingly nice for the brand; unfriendly srvc"
Only stayed one night. Maybe the best quality I've seen from this hotel brand. Everything clean and comfortable. The night clerk at the desk couldn't have been any less interested in being friendly or hospitable. Getting answers was like pulling teeth. But the stay was good nonetheless. Used the Internet in lobby. Breakfast selection was good, altho they closely and strictly monitor you to be sure you don't bring food back to your room and clse it at 9, so my late sleepers didn't get any food. Grocery store is right across highway if you need it.
Family trip Jul 20, 2012
front desk was clueless - they told me I had a hardwire internet connection when I did not, and did not tell me about the free breakfast when I checked in. Room needed maintenance.
Other trip Jul 11, 2012
The coffe maker had no coffe pot, airconditioner made noise and TV did not work despite following telephonic instructions from the receptionist. She promised to come to the room, which she did not. The break fast was good.
Other trip Jul 9, 2012
Brij
"Worst experience of my Life - Never Book"
I just recently stayed at the Econo Lodge & Suites in Hinton AB Canada at 571 Gregg Avenue and I am lodging an official complaint against this hotel because I am extremely dis satisfied with the level of service they have provided during my stay at the hotel from 06/29/2012 to 07/02/2012.On the second night no room service was provided and when I came back with my family that night the room was very dirty and in filthy condition. Bathroom was not cleaned and floor not mopped at all and no bed sheets were changed and the trash was there with the smell filling the entire room. I had to go down to the reception and ask for atleast clean towels for the bathroom and I collected the trash my self and handed over to the front desk person. When we checked in the first night there was no Iron board and iron in the room so I had to go dowm and get one from the reception myself and luckily he had one sitting right there in the reception area.
Family trip Jul 9, 2012
Bilal

"Excellent hotel!"
Great service, clean rooms and a nice view. I definitely recommend it!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Everything is good except noise from the pipe in the midnight, very good service of the front desk.
2 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Hang
"good"
I have stayed on two occasions nice fairly new property friendly staff and priced right for a business traveler
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
richard
"One night in Hinton"
Stayed overnight, nothing special.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Hinton overnight!"
Quiet and enjoyable stay with a good breakfast room and a quiet atmosphere.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
Doug We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continiuing effords to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so very much for your service and we look forward to seeing you int he near future. Valerie
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Doug
"Decent value"
Reasonable cost. Breakfast included. The room was clean but the thermostat was broken and the room was terribly hot. TV was a bit small.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
Vic Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at EconoLodge Inn & Suites in Hinton, Alberta. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an expectional experience for our guests. With regards to the thermostat, these are being looked at. Thank you for again, for taking the time to complete our online survey. Valerie
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Vic
"Recommended Stay"
The hotel was conveniently located along the highway. Parking was tight as we were pulling a travel trailer, but the attendent was accomodating and sugested we park in their lot in visibility of the hotel as the neighborhood wasn't the best.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
Thank you for taking the time to conplete our online survey regarding your recent stay. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thak you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. Valerie
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Albert
"Great price and location"
We needed a clean comfortable room on a cold winter night. It was nice and close to places to eat, gas station and lots or room for parking a big unit. Great breakfast was a bonus. Will go again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"good night sleep"
I stay there often now priced right and the sushi in the restaurant is excellent
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
John Thank you very much for your kind words. I have shared your response with our team and to the restaurant as well. We very much appreciate and value your feedback. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a please to receive positive feedback. Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon. Valerie
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Nice hotel clósed to high way."
Staff were so nice. The room was clean and tidy. We enjoyed our stay there.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I have shared your comments with the entire staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
luke
"good place"
Better than average for the price.
2 night trip Dec 27, 2014
P
"Nothing Special, Watch for Extra "Fees"!"
The hotel is what you would expect from any two star place, the rooms were clean and nice enough, though the temperature in ours was a little finicky during the night and it got very hot. The breakfast is suitable but nothing to write home about. Very basic. However, after returning home from my trip I found an additional charge on my credit card that I was never informed of. After phoning the hotel I learned that I had been charged for two extra people in my room, despite seeing online that the maximum capacity was 4 people, and the room having two queen sized beds. I was never notified that there would be an additional fee for myself and my three friends, nor was I ever asked if any charge could be put through on my credit card. I have phoned the hotel to have the charge reversed but will have to wait for a manager in the morning to see if it will be.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
"Good hotel, great value"
I found the staff helpful and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. In the morning I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Easy and cheap"
May not be 5 star but clean cheap and very nice staff. I felt very welcome there and the staff helped me with any questions I had about the area. Next time I'm in Hinton I'll be staying there again.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Hinton Traveller"
I have stayed at the Econo Lodge before and didn't hesitate to stay here for the second time. The staff is friendly and helpful. My arrival was 9:00am and they were able to get me a room then instead of having to wait until check in time at 2pm. When I added another night on they worked it out so didn't have to change my room.
Glenda
"Hotel on main highway, very easy to find."
we were very glad it was pet friendly, but the carpets were disgusting. no liner for the ice bucket. dead batteries in the TV remote. I was charged 3 times for our pet, was discovered next morning by another employee when checking out.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014