All hotels in Hinton, Alberta, Canada

Great
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Meihua
"okay for economy"
The front desk staff were all very friendly and professional. The complimentary breakfast was fairly decent. The only complaint is that the beds were very uncomfortable and not one of us got any sleep so we checked out early.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Idea for a trip to the Rokies"
At the outset we were greeted by a very polite and helpful Receptionist. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. they had the added bonus of including a kitchenette complete with stove, fridge, sink and microwave. All in all we found the place to be very good and the staff was fantastic too.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
Parchment Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey with such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words We take pride in our hotel and the services we procide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and services the next time you are in town. Val
Parchment
"Clean & quiet"
Was clean & quiet. Nice continental breakfast.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Shelby
"nice hotel close to things"
A nice hotel. the bed was comfortable. Had a nice breakfast. Not hard to find was off the mad in street you drive into.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
liz
For us this was a cheaper way to visit Jasper National park. It is best if you are going to the Miette Hot Springs area or another location close to the North end of the park. There is a lovely grocery store, Freson Brothers, right across the street which allowed us to make lunches for hikes and had delicious oatmeal raisin cookies. The staff was a bit distracted, not greeting us when we walked in the door sometimes, but it was OK. Room was comfortable.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Scott & Vikki
"pick another place to stay"
This is a poorly managed hotel. The clerks behind the desk were either 18 years old or in one case, outside having a smoke. The basement flooded and the Wi-Fi went down. The breakfast room was ill stocked and nobody was there to make fresh coffee or refill items that were empty. One morning a new employee showed up in the breakfast room and told us that they had not even told her how to make fresh coffee. Needless to say, we won't be staying here again. This place needs new management.
2 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2014
"Close to Jasper National Park"
We liked the hotel, but were disappointed that the balcony advertised on Hotels.com was not present on all rooms and wasn't even a balcony! It was just a grid on some of the windows. Other than that, we had a great experience.
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
"Terrible experience"
- They just forgot to clean the room one day. First time this happens to me! - Breakfast experience was terrible. Half of the equipment didn't work one day (no coffee, one microwave, one toaster). People lined up waiting to get food, staff didn't know how to prepare for breakfast, and guests had to help to refill the juice machine, grab bread (frozen) from fridge, etc. Breakfast area did not have enough room for everyone. In reality there was one asian lady on the first day that had it all figured out but she wasn't there on the other two days and it was horrible.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Juan
Somewhat bad small in my room.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"The worst motel on a 10-day trip around BC & AB"
The hotel is pretty much worn off and is facing a busy highway. Old floor carpet does not look clean, beds were creaky, a/c rattling, and WiFi did not work. On my request to change the room (they were all booked but there were unchecked rooms), the receptionist made no effort to help me, instead, made fun of my naiveness. In the morning we were woken up by very loud cleaners, screaming and laughing in the corridor. Free breakfast was miserable, I could not eat anything. I've never seen orange juice so much diluted with water. Hotel staff really lacks training and supervision. Hotel.com was not able to relocate us to a different hotel because of the high season. By I recommend staying away if you have a choice.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Nice building exterior, very yukky inside!"
Good gosh, the beds are 100 years old!!! Bed's springs squeak shockingly LOUD even when just sitting on the bed. Disgusting! Carpet in room and hallway all worn out.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Joyla
"Good Value"
Great location, easy to find. Breakfast left a little to be desired!
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Sheri
"Outside of Jasper Park Great place to stay"
We were looking for a moderately priced hotel outside Jasper Park. Some Econo Lodges are average. Not this one. It was well above average. We came down 10 minutes after the breakfast closed. The manager graciously opened it again and we were able to have breakfast. An added benefit of this location is the VERY excellent Japanese restaurant adjacent to the lobby of the hotel. Moderately priced and excellent food. Quite unexpected this far north in Alberta.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
GeorgeP
"Very Good"
This hotel is a little far from Jasper National Park. But the road to the hotel from thr park is very beautiful and we had a wonderful experience to see a elk going across the big street.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
chris
"Reasonable distance to Jasper"
Room was good. Extra pillows--nice. Clean. Decent breakfast
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
charlie
I need a receipt for my bill. The front desk said I book it with Hotel.com therefore Hotel.com will have to generate a final receipt to me. So far I have not got any final receipts.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"If you don't need WIFI this hotel works"
Compare to other hotels we stayed during the trip. This one has the best price. Room is tiny but you get everything done. The only thing especially if you are a business traveler need to watch out is that their WIFI does not work in the room. You have to go to the lobby downstairs. Also, their breakfast finishes at 9am. That's very early.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
SZ
their internet is terrible, can't get on or do anything at all.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
The hotel was clean and close to where were were traveling. Morning front desk was very nice
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Amenities are Terrible, Unknowledgable Staff"
advertise free wi-fi-- didn't work continnental breakfast was minimal, frozen waffles, no orange juice, no forks or knives available. Other Econo-lodge Motels have been excellent...this one definitely is not up to paar...do not waste your money here. Staff didn't know enought about the wi-fi to help us log onto our own device...told us just to use the lobby computer. I finally asked the desk clerk to reset the lobby part of the wireless router and that let us on...but with much persistance. Should have been done right when we were first having problems...45 minutes is much too long to wait for someone to help us.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Cathi
""I have no idea". Sounds like "I really don't care"
Room was fine, but I needed a hotel with wifi, or a working computer in The lobby. Neither was connected to internet, and staff still hadn't called for tech support the next morning whne I tried to connect again before checking out.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"Noisy beds"
Beds make noises when you toss and turn. Otherwise it is OK.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Easy highway access"
Room was clean and quiet. Continental breakfast was good and the staff kept it full and clean.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Molly
"Perfect!"
Every thing is perfect, for the hotel comfort, the cleaness, the staff, and the price.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
DaTouYu
"Hotel stuff shall pay more attention to details"
when we arrived to the hotel, they informed us that the Wi-Fi connection in the rooms is not available because some problems with network. But they promised that the connection will be restored soon. However, they have not restored the network in the next two days of our stay there. They have a desktop computer in the lobby that is connecting to the internet though. The beds in rooms are too firm, air conditioners are too noisy, room service maid forgets to put a soap bar in the bathroom.
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
"Wonderful staff."
The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and didn't seem bothered at all with our many questions about the area, etc.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Convenient, clean and affordable"
Conveniently located. Easy to find. Clean rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Can not sleep because creaking sound from upstairs. Need to repair for upstairs floor.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2013
"very convenience for shopping"
It was very good. They could do better maintenance.
1 night family trip May 18, 2013
Audrey
"Good for a cheap stay near Jasper"
The room as ok, not great and not bad. The bathroom sink was clogged and the best the night clerk could do was to give me a bottle of draino. Evidently the maintenance guy only comes by once every few days, and would not be present on the two days I stayed there. Staff was nice enough and even gave me a little discount on the stay and offered to move me to another room on the 2nd night. It's a bit of a coin-flip here. I might stay again; I might not.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
Stanley

"Not horrible, not great"
Typical motel nothing special very uncomfortable beds
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Hinton value hotel"
Great value for the money. Great continental breakfast. Other part of the family in next room did complain of noise after 11 as we were on main floor.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Lawrence
"Clean and Quiet; Decent Breakfast"
Hotel is relatively new and was clean throughout. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Self-serve breakfast provided a number of options for food and drink.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
"Good to stay"
Quite good place to stay.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Would Stay at Different Hotel Next Time"
I booked this hotel as better hotels were twice expensive due to the summer season (It was not the case in the past several years). This is an average hotel, nothing special I could say about it. The worst part was that guests above our room on the 3rd floor made noise until 2am, we could hear everything - squeaky mattresses, knocking, walking, moving of furniture, etc. It was terrible, I phoned the reception at 12:30am and someone went upstairs to check the room. It was fine for an hour and then it continued again, I waked up at 1:30am. The hotel has the worst mattresses I slept on in my life - they make squeaky noise with a tiny pressure on them. Breakfast area was overcrowded and I wish I could just go to another place instead. During the check out process I explained our issue during the night but was not given any compensation, a lady just expressed a regret and told us we were good to go. I will avoid this hotel the next time I need to stay in Hinton.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"nice place to stay"
Very friendly staff, and the accommodations were very nice and clean.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Rene
OK for money
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Bharti
Hotel is showing it's age, but rooms & beds comfortable & clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Econo lodge was great.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Krishna P
"It's fine without breakfast"
Room was comfortable, but terrible breakfast was really bad for everybody.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"good stop before entering the national park"
Clean, tidy, showers worked well, comfortable bed, a smitty's family restaurant nearby for meals, and an attached sushi restaurant
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
ONe night on the way to B.C.
1 night trip May 16, 2015
"Nice stay in the city"
Staff was very nice and helpful, rooms are brand new and all is very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Good, but mind the extra fees"
Room was just as expected. Included everything that was advertised in the reservation. Overall, the hotel stay was pleasant. Air conditioner worked well and was easier than most to operate properly. Cons: 1) Some things were a little outdated, TV was still a CRT to name one. 2) Room was shown as $99, but "extra fees" added $36 to my total for two nights and I'm not sure why. So instead of $198 plus GST ($207), the total was $243. Other note: They give guests 10% off at the hotel's sushi restaurant (but I didn't try it)
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Room at the back is quieter than at the front. ( Main road traffic)
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"bad experience"
Requested a top floor room and got second floor. Receptionist was snooty. The air-conditioning was so noisy that we couldn't sleep either night, and when we informed the staff we were basically told to bad! Beds are really hard, decor is really dated. Not staying again.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice! Had a clean kitchenette!"
Good! Affordable! Had a kitchenette and a couch made it quite comfortable!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nice hotel, comfortable and clean."
Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Good choices for breakfast. Clean environment. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Walking distance to restaurants and stores. I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Bed was like a rock"
Price is good staff was friendly room was clean but the bed was hard :(
Other trip May 17, 2015