All hotels in Hinton, Alberta, Canada

"Great price and location"
We needed a clean comfortable room on a cold winter night. It was nice and close to places to eat, gas station and lots or room for parking a big unit. Great breakfast was a bonus. Will go again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"good night sleep"
I stay there often now priced right and the sushi in the restaurant is excellent
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
John Thank you very much for your kind words. I have shared your response with our team and to the restaurant as well. We very much appreciate and value your feedback. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a please to receive positive feedback. Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon. Valerie
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Nice hotel clósed to high way."
Staff were so nice. The room was clean and tidy. We enjoyed our stay there.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I have shared your comments with the entire staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
luke
"good place"
Better than average for the price.
2 night trip Dec 27, 2014
P
"Nothing Special, Watch for Extra "Fees"!"
The hotel is what you would expect from any two star place, the rooms were clean and nice enough, though the temperature in ours was a little finicky during the night and it got very hot. The breakfast is suitable but nothing to write home about. Very basic. However, after returning home from my trip I found an additional charge on my credit card that I was never informed of. After phoning the hotel I learned that I had been charged for two extra people in my room, despite seeing online that the maximum capacity was 4 people, and the room having two queen sized beds. I was never notified that there would be an additional fee for myself and my three friends, nor was I ever asked if any charge could be put through on my credit card. I have phoned the hotel to have the charge reversed but will have to wait for a manager in the morning to see if it will be.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
"Good hotel, great value"
I found the staff helpful and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. In the morning I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Easy and cheap"
May not be 5 star but clean cheap and very nice staff. I felt very welcome there and the staff helped me with any questions I had about the area. Next time I'm in Hinton I'll be staying there again.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Hinton Traveller"
I have stayed at the Econo Lodge before and didn't hesitate to stay here for the second time. The staff is friendly and helpful. My arrival was 9:00am and they were able to get me a room then instead of having to wait until check in time at 2pm. When I added another night on they worked it out so didn't have to change my room.
Glenda
"Hotel on main highway, very easy to find."
we were very glad it was pet friendly, but the carpets were disgusting. no liner for the ice bucket. dead batteries in the TV remote. I was charged 3 times for our pet, was discovered next morning by another employee when checking out.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
wendy
"Not too bad"
Could have been cleaner. But nice enough. There was a used bar of soap left behind in the tub.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"bad stay"
Stay was not good..bed was the worst i have tried to sleep in .very old .no toiletries .i booked a king and it was a double bed. to top it off we found a plastic bag by the bed that had remnantes of a white powder in it . would not stay again .
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
Timothy
"Dirty and Gross!"
A ring in the tub with hair still in it! Called front desk to get it cleaned, cleaning staff started to argue about it immediately telling us she cleaned it. Then what was this crud on the wipe we found? Staff then lied to the owner about the incident, floor not vacuumed, mud and some other stuff on the carpet. Long dark hair all over bathroom floor and in the tub. (Yes I did take pictures) Even the microwave had burnt crud inside. Staff having a smoke out front spitting all over the place. We were suppose to be there 2 nights, only stayed 1 and didn't want to do that but after 8 hours of driving stayed because too tired. While I was complaining another lady was also telling them the housekeeping needed to be improved. I can handle an older place to stay but it really doesn't take much to keep it clean. We felt like we were going to catch something by staying at this place. I have never complained about a hotel ever but this one crossed the line! Never again!
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Close to all amenities"
I booked for a king size non smoking but I was giving queen size non smoking and hotel staff said they can't do anything about it
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
padam
"Convenient to the highway"
I was visiting the town where I had lived as a teenager
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Two nights for bike tour"
Room was fine. Wi-fi very weak signal.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Just off Highway"
Bed was comfortable - carpet not that clean. Towels were thin and not very big. Smaller than most I have seen. Found out at check in that breakfast was from 5am to 9am. What the heck?? I'm on holidays!! I don't expect much from a continental breakfast in a motel, BUT I do expect there to be food and working appliances. The toaster was broken and left there with no note saying that it was broken!! When we arrived just after 8am there was 2 yoghurt and 3 of us. NO fruit. Apparently there SHOULD have been omelets as there was a note on the microwave saying how long to microwave them. But no omelets to be found. Coffee was very watery. No bread to make toast - bread was brought in later - had to use bagel toaster for that. No pasteries. A container for 3 cereals, but only 2 with cereal. A bare drizzle of milk. My husband and daughter "shared" it, but nothing for anyone after us. Raspberry and blueberry jam, no strawberry. AND there was pancake syrup - for WHAT?? Usually staff pops in to refill items but this was very slow to happen and the only thing I saw refilled was the bread for toast. The guy did say that the toaster was broken - but why leave it there?? Night staff was watching TV when we arrived - in the lounge area. All the morning staff said to us was "what room" when we turned in the room keys. we travel through Hinton 1 or 2 times a year. Thank goodness that there are other places to stay as this is the first and last time for this place!!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Internet mess"
Internet is non-existent even in the lobby next to the main desk. Why advertise it if it doesn't work? The rooms were fine and decently clean. The included breakfast was a mess, poorly laid out and in a very cramped area for a hotel at capacity.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Nice, clean hotel."
Great location as stepping stone to Jasper National Park. Good breakfast, friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Orio
"Needed a one night stop-over,"
We had no problems with the check-in. The carpet was very soiled. The toilet stogged and we didn't put anything in there that would have caused this, so I think it must have been a problem that should have been taken care of before we got there. Breakfast is included. We drink decafinated coffee but they had none, not even instant. There was only one possibility for breakfast for us as we are gluten sensitive.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Shari
The hotel was fine, but the internet was too busy, I can't even get into the network.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
Dora
"Comfortable stay"
A clean and comfortable stay. Nice staff. Very good continental breakfast.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Trevor
"Good place to stay"
I will recommend other people to stay at this hotel
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
"Good place for a short stop"
It's very convenience for shopping grocery, and many easy to find a restaurant.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Okay motel"
The minus for your stay would be the housekeeping. The housekeepers barely service your room. The housekeeper that cleaned our room skipped a lot of tasks. So she cut corners. She skipped doing things like: Giving new tea bags, giving a new bathmat (and she didn't take out the used one), cleaning mirrors, and her vacuuming was very questionable. So the Econo Lodge probably under staffs it's housekeeping department. The plus side for your stay would be the location: Across the street is a 24 hour grocery store and a Shoppers Drugmart that stays open until 10 pm.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"A little run down"
not bad. Very basic. Could use an upgrade. WIFI only worked in the lobby.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"I do not recommend this property."
The hotel didn't have any extra blankets and the WiFi sucked. The front desk staff was unhelpful and didn't look up from their smart phones. I do not recommend this property.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Value for money"
it was very clean and up to my expectations. I would go again
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Wrost Econo Lodge Ever"
Stay away! The whole hotel smells very bad and the facilities are very out of date.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Tony
"Hinton EconoLodge"
The hotel room was spacious. The breakfast was good with quite a bit of choice. The staff was helpful. We had to wait for a room because we arrived early, but there was a nice lounge in which to sit. We would book there again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Total package"
Everything was very good.efficient staff,lovely room and a great location for the continuation of our journey.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Hudson Holland
"Good hotel to travelling Jasper during hot season"
I could not make a reservation in Jasper in July and looked for substitute in Hinton. I stayed at this hotel for two nights and my family were satisfied even I had to drive for 45 minutes from Jasper. This hotel has coin laundering machine costed only $1.50 and dryer $1.75.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Econo lodge"
it is small but clean. close to Jasper. Breakfast was fine. nothing to complain about.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"The last option"
The AC was not working in my room. It was very hot all night and we couldn't sleep well. The breakfast room was too small for the motel. Most of the foods were out of stock and no one came to replenish the stock. The dining tables were dirty from previous guests and nobody came to clean up so we had to clean our own. Front desk staff was not professional.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
misha
"Very nice place"
wonderful, I will recommend to friends for sure.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Min
"One night stay"
The stay was OK but the front desk lady was not very friendly.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Maureen Shaw
"Great breakfast"
Room was clean and suitable. One of good services was breakfast because they provided lots of food such as omelet, egg, muffin, waffle, yogurt, fruit, bread, sereal, juice, milk, oatmeal and coffee. It was enoughed to feel full and we could trip without tired.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"good room"
The two thing they could improve is the breakfast where not much choice for food and someone smoke in their room and im asthmatic and had to walk in front of their room.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
mike
"excellent, can't complain"
it was a new hotel, comfy bed, clean room, . good selection of continental breakfast.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"A roadside hotel for a short stop over."
The front desk was polite , but not very helpful. There are limited food and restaurant services around the hotel.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Moe
"Not good"
Beds were hard as a rock. Hotel was very dated. Did not receive our wake up call as ordered.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
CO
"OK stay"
Hotels in Japser were too expensive, so that's why we stayed in Hinton. The price was reasonable, but the beds were not comfortable. Overall, it was a ok stay.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
"Average hotel, just what we needed"
Great service at check-in. The room was average, nothing spectacular.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Breakfast closed too early"
Before arriving here, we just finished visiting Banff and Jasper, we are too tired to get up early in the morning, hence, when get up at 9:30 am, there wasno breakfast, hope you can extend the breakfast time, or notice us when we arrived there, but overall, it is good.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
Jack
We just needed a room to stay the night on our way to Edmonton. We were pleased with ou overall stay.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
Norma Grayson
"Good location close to Jasper."
Close to Jasper national park, glacial adventure and skywalk. Very good breakfast provided at no additional cost.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Surprising for the money"
We were pleasantly surprised the hotel is actually a pretty nice place, better than we had expected for the price we paid. The front desk girl was rude and incompetent and kept talking to other guests in a foreign language I could not understand - highly unprofessional! Luckily someone else had set up our stay before they left the hotel in her hands so even though when we asked her about the cot we had requested and she told us the hotel didn't have any available it turned out our room had a pull out couch. The continental breakfast was very nice, lots of options to choose from. Overall I would stay here again and hope we got a different staff member to help us.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Nick
"good"
We were on our way to Edmonton, nice town.rooms are clean, kids love the waterslide.I would stay there again if I'm going that way.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
allan
"Basic things don't work in the breakfast room"
I normally hate to write bad reviews, but this experience has been truly disappointing. I spent two nights at this hotel. On both mornings, the breakfast room was simply chaotic. And the reason? First both 4 slice toasters were only half-functional (meaning you can only toast two slices of breads). Then the microwave oven did not work (and you have to use the microwave oven because they have only frozen omelette and waffle in the fridge). the breakfast is supposed to be from 5 AM to 9AM, but the fridge was already empty shortly after 8, there is no more yogurt, fruit, omelette etc left. It is just more disappointing that the problems are so easy and cheap to fix (there is a Walmart and a Canadian Tire just a few minutes away), and the toasts/microwave oven can not cost more than 200 bucks to replace, and both stores were actually open on those two days while I was there. This shows how much the hotel management cares about customer satisfaction. AVOID THIS HOTEL IF YOU CAN!
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
YMA
"Close to shopping"
No Wifi, breakfast is for animal, terrible, I dumped it
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Accommodation"
Oor room was clean but whoever painted did not clean up very well. Two star at a good price.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014