All hotels in Hinton, Alberta, Canada

Room is all right
    Bad internet service
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities

"Nice Hotel Suiting Our Needs BUT"
The Hotel was perfect for our needs until breakfast. This area was appalling -- the floor was dirty, the sink was full of dirty dishes & coffee clothes. Spills all over the counters, tables not cleaned off (crumbs still on them), top of milk jug filthy, it was obvious that it had not been cleaned from the previous day! When I went to the front desk reporting the situation, I was told someone would be there to attend to the matter. Well, we heard many excuses/reasons why she did not have time to clean it - I told her it would be better for her to start the cleaning and not waste valuable time. When I checked out, I was told there was not a Manager on duty otherwise I would have addressed the situation to him. Hopefully, this situation was corrected and will not occur again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Jeannette
"Good hotel for quick overnight stay."
Easy to reach from Yellowhead Hwy. Close to restaurant. Clean rooms, friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Anon Old Lady
I would highly recommend stay at this hotel. We always stay here almost every year
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"a place to sleep"
stayed 2 nights and it seemed like all the staff didn't know what they were doing or just being trained. No facilities at this hotel to enjoy. Laundry facility was useful after 10 days on the road. Breakfast was over at 9, so we never used that bonus...we sleep in on holidays! Beds were hard. The hotel ran out of hot water both nights around 10, so I would recommend having a shower earlier! Would be good for a stop over hotel, but 2 nights was too long. Long way to Jasper.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
amanda
"Close to all amenities,"
Disappointed in the bed, lumpy squeaky spring bed, breaky was good, some of the staff could do with some hospitality training.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Charlie
"Not horrible, not great"
Typical motel nothing special very uncomfortable beds
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Door locks in all the rooms didn't worked for all the days we were in the hotel. Not a good service during breakfast on the 1st day we were there as some key staff member was on holiday.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Hinton value hotel"
Great value for the money. Great continental breakfast. Other part of the family in next room did complain of noise after 11 as we were on main floor.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Lawrence
"Clean and Quiet; Decent Breakfast"
Hotel is relatively new and was clean throughout. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Self-serve breakfast provided a number of options for food and drink.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
"Good to stay"
Quite good place to stay.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Have never stayed at an Econo Lodge before, was pleasantly surprised great value!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
annie
"Would Stay at Different Hotel Next Time"
I booked this hotel as better hotels were twice expensive due to the summer season (It was not the case in the past several years). This is an average hotel, nothing special I could say about it. The worst part was that guests above our room on the 3rd floor made noise until 2am, we could hear everything - squeaky mattresses, knocking, walking, moving of furniture, etc. It was terrible, I phoned the reception at 12:30am and someone went upstairs to check the room. It was fine for an hour and then it continued again, I waked up at 1:30am. The hotel has the worst mattresses I slept on in my life - they make squeaky noise with a tiny pressure on them. Breakfast area was overcrowded and I wish I could just go to another place instead. During the check out process I explained our issue during the night but was not given any compensation, a lady just expressed a regret and told us we were good to go. I will avoid this hotel the next time I need to stay in Hinton.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"nice place to stay"
Very friendly staff, and the accommodations were very nice and clean.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Rene
OK for money
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Bharti
"Love it"
Room is clean, very comfortable, hotel staff is nice. Oh the the continental breakfast is amazing.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Vivek
"A handy one nite stay."
Room was clean.unable to use in room coffee maker and no newspaper.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Good access to the highway"
The hotel and room was clean, the air conditioner did not work effectively. While a non-smoking room, I think that there was a smoker previously in the room as there was an odour.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Bernie
Hotel is showing it's age, but rooms & beds comfortable & clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Econo lodge was great.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Krishna P
We had two nights there. Except that there was a block-out in the city-wide, overall is okay. Prices are good. A little bit far from Jasper.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"It's fine without breakfast"
Room was comfortable, but terrible breakfast was really bad for everybody.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"good stop before entering the national park"
Clean, tidy, showers worked well, comfortable bed, a smitty's family restaurant nearby for meals, and an attached sushi restaurant
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
ONe night on the way to B.C.
1 night trip May 16, 2015
"Nice stay in the city"
Staff was very nice and helpful, rooms are brand new and all is very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Good location close to highway."
Very clean and good wi-fi connection. The breakfast could be better.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Knud
"Good, but mind the extra fees"
Room was just as expected. Included everything that was advertised in the reservation. Overall, the hotel stay was pleasant. Air conditioner worked well and was easier than most to operate properly. Cons: 1) Some things were a little outdated, TV was still a CRT to name one. 2) Room was shown as $99, but "extra fees" added $36 to my total for two nights and I'm not sure why. So instead of $198 plus GST ($207), the total was $243. Other note: They give guests 10% off at the hotel's sushi restaurant (but I didn't try it)
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Good service"
The matres was not a good condition, but the staff help us to find a better one for us. We really appreciated for that.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
LInda
Room at the back is quieter than at the front. ( Main road traffic)
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Bad hotel, beds need to be thrown out"
The room smelt bad, the beds were the worst I have ever slept on
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
mike
"bad experience"
Requested a top floor room and got second floor. Receptionist was snooty. The air-conditioning was so noisy that we couldn't sleep either night, and when we informed the staff we were basically told to bad! Beds are really hard, decor is really dated. Not staying again.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice hotel."
Conveniently located on way to Jasper. Hotel was OK but air conditioning did not work well enough. Bed was not that comfortable. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Good."
It was good. Just stayed overnight. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Justin G Assistant General Manager EconoLodge Inn & Suites Hinton 780-817-2000
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Good Value"
Breakfast kind of sparse. Self service. Lacking service directions.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for our lack of direction in the breakfast room, we will look into this issue. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Sincerely, Justin G Assistant General Manager EconoLodge Inn & Suites Hinton 780-817-2000
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
My stay at the Econo Lodge was excellent. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was very satisfying.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
j&R
A good clean room at a reasonable price. Central. Close to a lot of restaurants. The breakfast buffet had decent variety and there was free coffee in the lobby 24/7.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Vic
"Nice! Had a clean kitchenette!"
Good! Affordable! Had a kitchenette and a couch made it quite comfortable!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nice hotel, comfortable and clean."
Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Good choices for breakfast. Clean environment. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Walking distance to restaurants and stores. I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Bed was like a rock"
Price is good staff was friendly room was clean but the bed was hard :(
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Excellent hotel!"
Great service, clean rooms and a nice view. I definitely recommend it!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Everything is good except noise from the pipe in the midnight, very good service of the front desk.
2 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Hang
"good"
I have stayed on two occasions nice fairly new property friendly staff and priced right for a business traveler
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
richard
"One night in Hinton"
Stayed overnight, nothing special.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Convenient but......."
Much like a lot of other people, I was in Hinton for work. My use for the hotel room was basically just a place to sleep. The room was clean, everything worked, the shower was warm, but the beds......the beds are like sleeping on the floor. Uncomfortable is an understatement. I was dead tired and still could not sleep in any sort of comfort even with the added support of all the pillows I could find in the room. My only other knock on this hotel is the fitness facility. It was 2 weight machines (1 was broken), a worn out looking treadmill, and maybe 50 lbs of free weights. It was just disappointing. So I won't stay here again unless everything else is sold out. The comfort level just isn't there.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Nice clean room for our stop over"
Nice room with a couch, fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Good price.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Hans
"Easy to access and leave"
Just passing through town and needed to stay overnight
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Ken
"Ok"
Beds were very hard, didn't have a very good sleep. Rooms were outdated. At least it was clean.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
EC
"Comfortable Room in a Cheap Hotel"
I appreciated the room we stayed in (standard room with Queen bed), as it had a couch as well as a small table with 2 chairs. A decent place to relax and be reasonably comfortable. We stayed on the 2nd floor facing South, with a view of a empty parking lot and evergreen trees. The other option being facing the road to the North, with perhaps the ability to have a small glimpse of the mountains. Pretty much what I expected for $100 all in.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Anthony
"Hinton overnight!"
Quiet and enjoyable stay with a good breakfast room and a quiet atmosphere.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Doug
"Decent value"
Reasonable cost. Breakfast included. The room was clean but the thermostat was broken and the room was terribly hot. TV was a bit small.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Vic
"Recommended Stay"
The hotel was conveniently located along the highway. Parking was tight as we were pulling a travel trailer, but the attendent was accomodating and sugested we park in their lot in visibility of the hotel as the neighborhood wasn't the best.
Response by Econo Lodge & Suites Hinton
Thank you for taking the time to conplete our online survey regarding your recent stay. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thak you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. Valerie
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015