All hotels in Williams, Arizona, United States of America
334 East Route 66, Williams, AZ, 86046, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
Everything is within walking distance. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendl, a great deal too!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Ok for maybe one night but wouldn't stay two nights. No way.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Nice and clean"
Staff is so helpful , room is clean ,tv nice ,breakfast is good I enjoy my stay.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
alex
"Good place"
considering its price, we are satisfied to this hotel. Very comfortable room, the keeper is very nice.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Nephon
"Horrible. Carpet is very old, stinky & sticky."
Very very poor. Unhappy. Very expensive compare fecilities.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Very old, dated & uncomfortable furniture"
Stay was only one night & it was very uncomfortable. We had a sm fan with us which helped the a/c. I don't think this place should be on Expedia.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
Dear traveler, i apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are working with staff to ensure that issues such as yours, get handled more promptly. Thank you for your feedback
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Alamocookie
"bad bad"
I understand old but this place is really bad! Dirty and dark to try to hide the filth! Walked in and walked back out! They wouldn't refund any money either! Even though desk guys said they always are booked w weekendvistors...
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope you will provide us with another opportunity to restore your confidence
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Toni
"Grand Canyon Gateway Inn"
I like the fact that the hotel is old, however for the price, the room could use a renovation. Paint and new carpet. The beds were comfortable and the t.v. was nice.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Robin
"Shocking!"
I was not terribly disappointed in the overall appearance of the room and the staff was friendly. What gave me the biggest SHOCK was the morning after my stay when I sat outside with my coffee and watched them clean the rooms. I saw the staff bring out dirty towels from several rooms and watched them dust the rooms with a spray of some kind. BUT, I never saw them change a bed in the hour I sat and watched. The bed/beds in each room were made up with the sheets that were on the bed from the night before. The rooms looked nice and neat so I walked over to a couple of the rooms thinking maybe they would be coming back to remake the beds, BUT NO, THE BEDS WERE COMPLETELY MADE UP, nice and neat. It gave me the willies to think I slept between sheets that had been used by someone else the previous night, or nights for all I know. I would never recommend this place to anyone because THEY DON'T CHANGE THE SHEETS AFTER PEOPLE CHECK OUT.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
Dear traveler, i apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are working with our staff to ensure that issues such as yours, get handled more promptly. Thank you for your feedback
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"nice"
Really nice staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Close to most things.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
We appreciate the very kind comments. Thank you for your feedback.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
me
"stay at another hotel"
will never stay at this motel again..a/c did not work and tv when turned on,only got ''snow'' no channels working. gentleman at counter got upset when I returned room card to check out three hours later
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
I am deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience you faced during your stay in our hotel.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Great value w/new owners!"
Thanks to places like this that make a vacation to a national park still affordable! This was one of the least expensive hotel/motels within an hour drive of S. Grand Canyon. For the money it was a great deal. The prior reviews were TOO harsh. They were paying for a 1-2 star and rating it as if they expected a 3-4 star place! Not fair. The night attendant was VERY friendly when we arrived at 1am. (Usually when I arrive late I get an attitude they'd rather I didn't come at all. Not here.) The room was clean without any smell or stains. The airconditioning had been turned on previously so it was nice and comfortable. The included breakfast was standard motel fair but served later than most places. The only hiccup was when the cleaning staff tried to kick us out at 11am, when we had not really been told a strict check out when we arrived at 1am. After explaining that, the cleaning crew on their own said noon was fine. On checking out, I learned the place had recently been sold, and they were doing a lot of maintenance work. It definitely showed. Had lunch at the 1960's diner across the street. The cheeseburger was fantastic, but the friend fish was inedible. I had one bite and left the rest, the staff didn't seem to care and didn't ask/offer any thing. Definitely avoid that place!
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
We appreciate the very kind comments. Thank you for your feedback.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Dad & Daughter
"No frills"
The room was old somewhat clean, but at $100 it really wasnt worth it. They had a Very cranky old guy that worked there who walked are complaining about everything. The younger guy was very helpful and nice.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
I want to apologize that you found your accommodations at Grand Canyon Gateway Inn not to your expectations. If you are in the area again, we do hope you will reconsider giving us a second chance.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"you can walk to resturants"
the hotel is older but in fair condition. the top bed cover smelled. the water was good. and its close to 3 restaurants. it needs room to room insulation.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Ankur GM
2 night trip Jun 14, 2014
ajohnnyreb
"Not bad"
My only complaint was that the ac really didn't cool down the room. Other than that though it wasn't bad. Great for a quick stay to see the grand canyon for a cheap price.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Not at all what I expected for the money"
When I got there they had moved to another hotel down the street that wasn't even named the same and it was a total slum
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
chris
too old.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"expensif"
Loction was ok. Motel can use a renovation
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"nice enough for one night stay"
a bit cramped but overall it was ok. I have nothing more to say so please stop asking to add to my review. It was fine nothing extravagant by any means
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
It was Ok. The condition of the hotel was ok. but at this price you could not expect more than this.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Barely met expectation"
Bed sheets a appears like they have not been changed,found hairs on the sheets and linens,breakfast is just cereal and muffin and barely had milk in the pitcher ,coffee is okay bathroom is okay but shower is either too hot or cold very hard to control
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
jC
"Old motel on Rt66. Past it's pride. Overpriced"
Room had open space below the door so cold air could get in. One room had no chain lock on the door. Had to go to the office for a hair dryer.. Could not call room to room. Wall heater in one room was hard to regulate. Window was unlocked and broken in the bathroom. No fan in bathroom. no place to sit for breakfast, had to go to a diner down the street.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
Comfortable, breakfast good, AC OK. WIFI CONNECT TO INTERNET IS FAST. closed to restaurant, very convenience.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Alex
"No money invested. Just like it was in 1960"
Person who checked me in was security person.......
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
State traveler
"Dirty sheets, smelly room,"
No good, the room was so bad that we need to sleep with our clothes on and we ask for clean sheets and got ones so old.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Needed more cleaning. Tv remote was gross, bathroom window broken. Hair in under bed covering.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"Terrible Hotel and Breakfast"
I was on a road trip with a party of 4 (including myself) and stayed here before we went to visit the Grand Canyon. I stayed in close to 10 different hotels on this trip but this was the only one that charged me extra for two additional people ($20 over the $55 base charge). Breakfast was a joke. Our "Continental Breakfast" consisted of crappy sugary doughnuts, milk, cereal and coffee. The person in charge was asleep in his room while we were having breakfast in the lobby, and we had keep ringing the bell to ask him to bring more milk or water. Also, the heater in the lobby was switched off so we had to eat in freezing temperatures. I might be nitpicking, but this was just my experience in comparison to other hotels I stayed at during my trip. Overall bad. Stay at this place only if nothing else is available.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Brakfast was not good."
There just small place for brakfast in front of check in office. only few of foods without any desk and chair.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013

The Fridge in our unit was not plugged in and when we plugged it in, it didn't work. There was no hairdryer in the slot in the bathroom and the airconditioner was not working correctly. When we reported these items to the young man in the office he was very rude. I did receive an e-mail from the Manager of the Hotel apologizing for the incident as he overheard what was said and he thanked us for reporting the items.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Maureen
"Very cheap motel"
The bed was three old mattresses piled on the floor with all the support of a hammock. The bathroom had mold on the shower curtain. There was dust around the mirror; it looked neglected. The decor was very outdated. Newer TV and comfortable backless chair. The night clerk was very friendly and provided nearby restaurant info, but did not share details on the grab and go breakfast the next morning so we missed it.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014

"Finns bättre för det priset"
Hotellet var som man kan vänta Frukosten var inget vidare.Inget ställe som jag skulle komma tillbaka till.
Claes
SE
"besøge Grand Canyon"
Udmærket hotel hvis man skal besøge Grand Canyon
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
DK
"correct par rapport au prix payé."
Bon point de départ pour une visite au grand canyon sans ce ruiner.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Anita
"Nicht zufrieden"
Wahr nicht so gut.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
CH
"Bra beliggenhet men lav standard."
Hvis man bare trenger et billig rom til å sove i, er dette hotellet helt greit. Har du planer om å oppholde deg på rommet mer enn det, så styr unna. Vi kommer aldri tilbake hit.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Voyage en Californie"
Hotel choisi pour son prix. Nous n'avons pas été déçu. Hotel très propre et acceuil très agréable.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
Rémi
FR
"Total fraud. Stay away!"
We arrived at the evening, and showed our prepaid voucher. The desk clerk then told us, that he couldn't see our reservation. He called his supervisor, who said he couldn't help us. There we were, in Williams, AZ, without a motel room. We called Hotels.com customer support and told them what happened. Support could see that our voucher WAS paid for, and WAS approved by Rodeway inn. They couldn't give us an explanation for the behavior at Rodeway inn, but gave us a new hotel room somewhere else. Good service from Hotels.com as we expected, but if you go to Williams, AZ, do yourself a favor and book your stay somewhere else than Rodeway Inn. Never expected such lousy behavior from anyone.
3 night trip Apr 11, 2014
DK
"Den værste ferieoplevelse nogensinde"
Der var beskidt, sengetøjet var ikke skiftet siden sidste gæst. Morgenmaden var ulækker, bla meget snavset mælkekande / alt var beskidt. Føj for pokker. Prisen var jo ikke lav, så vi burde have pengene tilbage.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Lissi Riis Vestergaard
"Zentral gelegenes Motel"
Das Motel liegt sehr zentral mit vielfältigen Einkaufsmöglichkeiten. Die Zimmer sind sauber und komfortabel ausgestattet. Eis- und Kaffeemaschine waren während unseres Aufenthalts leider kaputt, alles andere war in Ordnung.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Daniela
DE
"hotel sympa restaurant avec un magnifique buffet"
hôtel situe a l'entre de Brice canyon avec beaucoup de possibilité pour la détente et loisir
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Tricia
"mysig stad"
Bra att det var gångavstånd in till en mysig stad. Trevligt hotell med bra prisklass.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
Stefan
SE
"1 notte.. basta e avanza..."
se volete risparmiare 1 notte ma dico 1 notte potete anche passarcela... bagno che si è attappato e ci hanno dato 2 asciugamani per sistemare noi la situazione!! i letti ci sono e una bella televisione!! Posizione centralissima unica cosa positiva.. insomma sopravviverete ..ma nn troppo!!
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
tomy
IT
"Ondermaats, verouders"
Motel veel te duur voor wat het is. Airco verouderd. Beperkt ontbijt. Microgolfoven van de kamer was defect. Vriendelijk onthaal.
2 night trip Jun 9, 2014
BE
"habia cucarachas en la primera habitacion que me a"
muy agradable
1 night family trip May 16, 2014
juan
MX
"Nie wieder"
Dieses Hotel ist das schlechteste, was uns auf unserer 4-wöchigen Reise untergekommen ist. Unser 1. Zimmer hatte eine Spritze unterm, auf Anfrage wurden wir dann in das Zimmer nebenan verfrachtet. Das war auch nicht viel besser aber immerhin lag da nur eine Socke unterm Bett. Der Teppich war widerlich, die Toilette an sich eher eine Kindertoilette aber immerhin sauber. Die Dusche war auch okay. Die zur Verfügung gestellten Handtücher haben wir ignoriert und unsere eigenen benutzt. Die Tür ließ sich nur mit Glück mit der Keycard öffnen und schloss nicht wirklich dicht. Das Frühstück bestand aus Muffin und Frootloops und schlechten Kaffee.
Response by Grand Canyon Gateway Inn
I want to apologize that you found your accommodations not to your expectations.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Mira
DE
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Ed

TripAdvisor reviews for Grand Canyon Gateway Inn

"Best for late night stop"
08/13/15 Nick R Wyckoff, NJ
Nothing against the owners but this isn't the prettiest place. From our spot we could see a Loves Truck stop and trucks would obviously be pulling in and out whenever. The bathrooms were nice but the gravel rock location with some trees located primarily on one side of the park weren't helping to overall location. That being said, if you're looking for a perfect over night stay on your way for an early morning drive into the Grand Canton then I would recommend this place.
"Do Not Book This Hotel"
04/09/15 MickgillEngland England
Arrived on Good Friday afternoon with a confirmed booking made last November to be told by reception staff that not possible to have us stay as computer down. I showed him my computer confirmation booking made through Hotels.com which he totally disregarded and became very rude telling us to get out despite having a sign up saying he was open. We then had to find another hotel with great difficulty on the start of an Easter.weekend at considerably more expense
"A place to sleep"
09/20/14 ian c
The room was clean but like many we have used living on past glory, if it ever had one. The guy in the office was very helpful. The breakfast was not nice. The toaster did work eventually. The Bagals were stale, the muffins were nice though. There is a good brew house and vinery down the street who serve some food. The Steakhouse opposite had a good night life with a live group. Down the street was another bar used by the locals all of which were very friendly. A train leaves for the Grand Canyon every day at 0900 from the station. Beware the Main Street is one way.
"Paid $100+ for a 1-star hotel."
07/19/14 Lordoftheringwraiths
We went into Williams looking for a place to stay. We could have stayed at Best Western for about $20 more. This hotel was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The floors were never vaccumed. Comforters were still dirty. AC didn't work. Few power outlets worked. Scudmarks everywhere. No hairdryer. STAY AWAY!
"Older motel but cozy"
07/06/14 Yoipitydafool67 Phoenix, Arizona
I decided to go to the Grand Canyon on the 4th of July & this hotel was the cheapest at such short notice. For one night it was $145.00 but most motels were already booked. My room was fairly large and had a queen size bed. The TV is the older style but did have direct TV with 300 channels. The window A/C worked well & was not too noisy. The bed was comfortable. This hotel is on the main downtown street & is within a few blocks of the restaurants and coffee shops. The free continental breakfast is from 7am - 9am & is what you normally get at budget motels...cereal, danish, bagels with cream cheese, yogurt, coffee. The motel is older & a little run down but I did not find it to be dirty. The only gripes that I had was the Wi-fi did not work even though it showed connected & I was in room 202 which is right above the office. As far as the train, I only heard it once in the evening & all the hotels in this area you will hear the train horn. Also the shower head appeared to be missing but it still sprayed water out. For some reason all the motels in Williams is expensive. Normally you can find a good namebrand motel for $60.00 in most areas.
"In the middle of a remodel???"
07/03/14 Cindy Y Dallas
Room seemed to be in the middle of a remodel. Bathroom light was actually a heat lamp. Room did not have a phone or an alarm. Breakfast was in a small room and very little variety. After the remodel, rooms might be nice. Guy at the front desk was friendly.
"NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!!"
06/27/14 Patti M Bensalem, United States
This is the worst HOTEL and one could ever stay in. It is disgusting dirty. They never clean the room. Carpet is dirty and has trash on it, drawers have trash it them, wet towels are left in the tub, Hair is all over the bathroom floors, bathroom sink is dirty, Shower curtain has snoot on it and the curtains have a strand white substance all over them. Plus a broken door lock. whatever you do DO NOT STAY HERE...BAD,BAD,BAD . Plus the people who work here and own the place don't care. They should be shut down by the Board of Health.
"Avoid if you can"
04/01/14 Fred W Santa Maria, California
Requested to change rooms as the bathroom was just plain nasty. Breakfast is a joke, cold cereal and stale donuts. Shower curtain was moldy. There were bugs in the bed and hair on the bedsheets. Glad it was only for one night.
"Beware! There are TWO Rodeways in Williams! Avoid this one!"
01/01/14 MetriRN Santa Cruz, California
Unbeknownst to me, I made a reservation with the Rodeway Inn at 334 Rte. 66 based on trip reviews for a DIFFERENT Rodeway (Downtowner Inn and Suites) just down the street at 201 Rte. 66. My actual reservation turned out to be a very dumpy place. Dirty lobby, towels and sheets, while allegedly clean, were super thin, cheap, and LOOKED dirty and stained. Bed spreads looked dirty and dingy. Dark hair on one of my pillowcases! Shower curtain old and stained. Super-cheap soap slices. junk strewn around behind office and house, where the owner family lives. ice along all lower room entrances so that I nearly fell and killed myself each time going in and out (they didn't bother having their parking lot plowed the last time it snowed.) I was seriously afraid I would have bedbugs. But so far, no evidence of that. Thin pillows like rocks. Curtain broken to leave an unfixible gap at top, allowing porch light to shine in room at night. The good news: everything worked ok except the telephone. Good heat and hot water and water pressure. Small TV with cable. Tiny microwave and fridge I did not use. While this room was marginally adequate, it was terribly depressing to stay here. The proprietor was very helpful and sweet, but is obviously used to a third-world standard. They need to invest some major money, or charge a hell of a lot less.
"Very cozy and clean"
01/01/14 JobesFamily Phoenix, Arizona
You might think that this place would be nasty by pulling up to the old building, but man... it was a great little place for my family to stay for a night! Bathroom was clean, there was even SATELLITE television. I thought it was well worth it. The breakfast was very small only cereal, muffins (which were good) and coffee. I will stay there again no questions.