All hotels in Williams, Arizona, United States of America

1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Grand Canyon Gateway Inn

"Good view."
11/07/15 Clarence D Louisville, Kentucky
We stayed here on our way home last year. They had all of the Christmas decorations up in town. The rv park wasn't busy so we were one of about 6 thEre. Easy to get into and out of. Not a bad place to stay.
"Best for late night stop"
08/13/15 Nick R Wyckoff, NJ
Nothing against the owners but this isn't the prettiest place. From our spot we could see a Loves Truck stop and trucks would obviously be pulling in and out whenever. The bathrooms were nice but the gravel rock location with some trees located primarily on one side of the park weren't helping to overall location. That being said, if you're looking for a perfect over night stay on your way for an early morning drive into the Grand Canton then I would recommend this place.
"Do Not Book This Hotel"
04/09/15 MickgillEngland England
Arrived on Good Friday afternoon with a confirmed booking made last November to be told by reception staff that not possible to have us stay as computer down. I showed him my computer confirmation booking made through Hotels.com which he totally disregarded and became very rude telling us to get out despite having a sign up saying he was open. We then had to find another hotel with great difficulty on the start of an Easter.weekend at considerably more expense
"A place to sleep"
09/20/14 ian c
The room was clean but like many we have used living on past glory, if it ever had one. The guy in the office was very helpful. The breakfast was not nice. The toaster did work eventually. The Bagals were stale, the muffins were nice though. There is a good brew house and vinery down the street who serve some food. The Steakhouse opposite had a good night life with a live group. Down the street was another bar used by the locals all of which were very friendly. A train leaves for the Grand Canyon every day at 0900 from the station. Beware the Main Street is one way.
"Paid $100+ for a 1-star hotel."
07/19/14 Lordoftheringwraiths
We went into Williams looking for a place to stay. We could have stayed at Best Western for about $20 more. This hotel was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The floors were never vaccumed. Comforters were still dirty. AC didn't work. Few power outlets worked. Scudmarks everywhere. No hairdryer. STAY AWAY!
"Older motel but cozy"
07/05/14 Yoipitydafool67 Phoenix, Arizona
I decided to go to the Grand Canyon on the 4th of July & this hotel was the cheapest at such short notice. For one night it was $145.00 but most motels were already booked. My room was fairly large and had a queen size bed. The TV is the older style but did have direct TV with 300 channels. The window A/C worked well & was not too noisy. The bed was comfortable. This hotel is on the main downtown street & is within a few blocks of the restaurants and coffee shops. The free continental breakfast is from 7am - 9am & is what you normally get at budget motels...cereal, danish, bagels with cream cheese, yogurt, coffee. The motel is older & a little run down but I did not find it to be dirty. The only gripes that I had was the Wi-fi did not work even though it showed connected & I was in room 202 which is right above the office. As far as the train, I only heard it once in the evening & all the hotels in this area you will hear the train horn. Also the shower head appeared to be missing but it still sprayed water out. For some reason all the motels in Williams is expensive. Normally you can find a good namebrand motel for $60.00 in most areas.
"In the middle of a remodel???"
07/03/14 Cindy Y Dallas
Room seemed to be in the middle of a remodel. Bathroom light was actually a heat lamp. Room did not have a phone or an alarm. Breakfast was in a small room and very little variety. After the remodel, rooms might be nice. Guy at the front desk was friendly.
"NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!!"
06/27/14 Patti M Bensalem, United States
This is the worst HOTEL and one could ever stay in. It is disgusting dirty. They never clean the room. Carpet is dirty and has trash on it, drawers have trash it them, wet towels are left in the tub, Hair is all over the bathroom floors, bathroom sink is dirty, Shower curtain has snoot on it and the curtains have a strand white substance all over them. Plus a broken door lock. whatever you do DO NOT STAY HERE...BAD,BAD,BAD . Plus the people who work here and own the place don't care. They should be shut down by the Board of Health.
"Avoid if you can"
04/01/14 Fred W Santa Maria, California
Requested to change rooms as the bathroom was just plain nasty. Breakfast is a joke, cold cereal and stale donuts. Shower curtain was moldy. There were bugs in the bed and hair on the bedsheets. Glad it was only for one night.
"Beware! There are TWO Rodeways in Williams! Avoid this one!"
01/01/14 MetriRN Santa Cruz, California
Unbeknownst to me, I made a reservation with the Rodeway Inn at 334 Rte. 66 based on trip reviews for a DIFFERENT Rodeway (Downtowner Inn and Suites) just down the street at 201 Rte. 66. My actual reservation turned out to be a very dumpy place. Dirty lobby, towels and sheets, while allegedly clean, were super thin, cheap, and LOOKED dirty and stained. Bed spreads looked dirty and dingy. Dark hair on one of my pillowcases! Shower curtain old and stained. Super-cheap soap slices. junk strewn around behind office and house, where the owner family lives. ice along all lower room entrances so that I nearly fell and killed myself each time going in and out (they didn't bother having their parking lot plowed the last time it snowed.) I was seriously afraid I would have bedbugs. But so far, no evidence of that. Thin pillows like rocks. Curtain broken to leave an unfixible gap at top, allowing porch light to shine in room at night. The good news: everything worked ok except the telephone. Good heat and hot water and water pressure. Small TV with cable. Tiny microwave and fridge I did not use. While this room was marginally adequate, it was terribly depressing to stay here. The proprietor was very helpful and sweet, but is obviously used to a third-world standard. They need to invest some major money, or charge a hell of a lot less.