All hotels in Long Beach, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here231 Kennebec Avenue, Long Beach, CA, 90803, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful place and easy walking to beach"
This is a B&B, and the only reason I don't give it a 5.0 is because the room has no AC. This is a restored 102 year old home. It is only a few blocks from the beach and Pat, the owner, was as nice as she could be. Rooms are clean, towels and even plush robes are awesome. Our particular room "Long Beach", is small, only room for a bed and TV. So with a bad back, it was a bit troublesome for me, but not for my wife. :-) Still I would stay here again as long as it is not hot out.
4 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"excellent"
Wonderful location, very nice ladies who own it.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
"Another home away from home"
Had to go to Long Beach with my daughter so she could check out CSULB, and although I had grown up in the area, it has changed so much, it was a different city. Going from the Amtrak station to the B&B was a bit scary, but once I entered the doors, I felt like I was at home. Pat treats everyone like they're extended family members, and that's nicer than a regular hotel where you're Room #. The only downsides are that since this B&B is over 100 years old, there is no air-conditioning, but you do have windows that open, and if you're not used to noise, Broadway and Kennebec are VERY busy streets. Overall, though, these are so minor.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Tracy
"Beachrunner's Inn-yes, morning run on beach"
Great getaway to Long Beach. Convenient to beach and a short bike ride, walk or bus trip downtown. Comfortable and offered a nice sitting patio area in the back. The bed was VERY comfortable - just for that, would stay again. Appreciated the Wi-Fi for morning work. Pat and staff are friendly. Ultimately the question is, would I stay again? Yes. The B&B is on a busier street. Request room away from road to be on the quiet side.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
"Will stay again"
Very nice stay with Pat. Place was immaculate and perfect for an overnight stay.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Priscilla
"Fantastic location!"
Great staff and location! I look forward to my next stay
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"A Charming Home Away from Home"
I can't say enough good things about the Beachrunners' Inn. The hostess/owner, Pat, is as friendly and gracious as they come and her breakfasts are delicious. They include a cup of fresh fruit, which was my favorite part. The Inn itself is charming and evokes a pristeen nostalgia while kept immaculately clean. The location is just three blocks from the ocean and one block from a park that runs to the beach -- a very nice area of Long Beach. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will, no doubt, be returning.
7 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice Bed & Breakfast"
Situated in a quiet residential area in Long Beach not too far from E 2nd St with its selection of bars, restaurants and everything, this B&B had everything I expected. It's in a nice, mid-sized house. The place was perfectly clean, the hostess was friendly and helpful. Pat, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are excellent
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Perfect Little Place"
Beachrunner's was the perfect place to stay and have a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle I needed to attend to at the convention center. While its not walking distance to the convention center like some other big hotels, it was only a 6.00 ride on Uber. Pat was a gracious and warm hostess and I really enjoyed our conversations. I'll definitely be back when I'm in Long Beach.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Wonderful, small B&B 5 minutes from the beach. The breakfast is great (fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, oatmeal, hot eggs), help yourself style. The rooms are nicely decorated and unique, and the common areas are very nice as well. There is a small fridge with drinks and a snack basket.
Margaret
"Quaint and cozy B&B"
Great owners, very helpful in resolving a mistake we made in the reservation. Gave us great directions to Long Beach state. friendly guests, nice rooms very reasonable prices.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Mountain
"Great morning Breakfast"
Historical dream that came alive with the comforts of a B&B.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Tax and legal
"Beautiful historic home close to the beach"
We enjoyed our stay at the Beachrunner's Inn B&B. Pat was very accommodating and our room was immaculate. The room was small but well designed to maximize space. There is no air-conditioning and it became somewhat humid when the shower was used with the only ventilation being windows that could be viewed from the adjacent apartment/condos. Breakfast was much more than a traditional continental breakfast with fresh fruit and lots of choices. We loved the fact that it is a short distance from the beach and we could store our bikes i the back garden then ride our bikes to the beach bike path. We will definitely return but will try the room with the king size bed next time!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Dr. SDC
"Long Beach Business Trip"
I had reserved a room for two nights, paid in advance. Travel disruptions prevented me from arriving the first night, but I did arrive the next day. On the afternoon of the second day, I attempted to check in but nobody was there and the establishment was locked and appeared to be closed. I called the office number and left a message, then waited for an hour for either a call back or the appearance of anyone else inside the building. I was forced to locate alternative lodging for the second night. The next day, I received a call back with an apology, which i appreciated but it was too late to correct the situation. I am out for the cost of two nights, since they were paid in advance. Being charged for the first night is understandable--my travel disruption is not the fault of the establishment, but I should be reimbursed for the second night since I was there but they were not. I await the reimbursement.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Terry Maddox
"Misleading and rude staff!"
No where on the hotels.com description does it say this is a bed and breakfast! The rooms are TINY and I booked 4 people to stay here. We were turned away by the staff when we arrived because she said four people could not fit in the tiny rooms and another room wasn't available. She also said she has been having trouble with hotels.com allowing customers to book more than two people per room. No more than 2 people can stay in a room according to the staff. We were forced to cancel our reservation upon arrival and the staff would not refund our full amount due to "policy" even though we aren't the only ones this has happened to. I'm am extremely disappointed with hotels.com in addition to Beachrunners Inn. There should be a description somewhere saying this is a B&B and no more than 2 people can stay in one room. I will not be using hotels.com again.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Very Quaint"
Beautiful house and breakfast every morning was wonderful. The only draw back was there was no AC in the room.
3 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Rhonda
Loved my stay here! Book now ;)
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
"Loud, hot nights"
Our first night we had a tiny "queen" bed that was barely big enough for both of us. There is no a/c (typical for California) and only one slightly ok ceiling fan that did not provide much for air movement. We slept with the two windows open. I had ear plugs in the whole night but still was awoke several times during the night. My boyfriend is mostly deaf and can sleep through almost anything but he woke up constantly and even woke up in a fright at one point because a car almost crashed on the street next to us. Now, to clarify, the adjacent street is Broadway. By adjacent I mean there is a side walk literally right outside the house and you are literally only a few feet from the street. That means there are cars whizzing past all night long and people walking on the sidewalk (yelling at each other) all night long. We stayed in the Sunset View room. If you can stay at any of the rooms stay down stairs. They are all on the opposite side of the house and are probably much quieter. If it hadn't been for the fact that we couldn't sleep this wouldn't be a bad place to stay. It is cute and has a nice little outside area where you can smoke or hang out. But this is also right next to Broadway and a shady apartment building, where people will walk by with their laundry and stare at you. I was excited because it was my first B&B but I will know better next time and only stay at a B&B when it is secluded.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
"Only 3 blocks from beach, 5miles LongBeachAirport"
Very lovely historic B&B, Pat owner so nice and accommodating. Only small issue Expedia listed address as 731 Kennebec Ave in error.address is 231 Kennebec Ave.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Susie snd Paul
"Great bed & breakfast! Close to beach & downtown."
Had a great experience and accommodations were terrific. Charming historic home and fantastic location. Pat was a great host and it felt like home away from home. It was truly an experience and will recommend for anyone to try out. Met other guests during my stay due to intimate setting and breakfast was delicious. Has everything you need without the cost. I will stay here again and recommend to my friends/family.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Rico
"Fantastic place!"
What can I say? If you're looking for a B&B in Long Beach, this is definitely the place to go! Conveniently located, lovely rooms, fantastic service, and Pat was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Zach
"Loved it!"
My wife and I had early meetings, so it was easier to stay than fight traffic. The home is wonderful, and Pat was very welcoming. We highly recommend Beachrunners!
2 night business trip May 7, 2014
"Day of Rest"
The Beachrunners Inn was like being at home in our living room. We were very warmly welcomed into their home. We were exhausted from our travels and we just ended up vegging on their living room couch, ordered a pizza for delivery and watched a move from their DVD collection. The next morning there was a Wonderful Breakfast spread and eggs made any way you liked them. The food and hospitality were wonderful. If I have to give any negative, it was how very warm it is in the upstairs bedrooms, there is no air conditioning and the street noise is very loud. We were so exhausted that we fell right to sleep and the bed was very comfortable. We do, recommend this B&B if you don't mind no air conditioning in the summer.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"quaint and very beautiful"
Beautiful little place, very nice woman in charge. Don't miss that it is a "bed and breakfast". Small rooms in a large house. Shared kitchen, and living room and thin walls. Perfect location, however, and immaculate. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
Joe & Roberta
"Nice Bed & Breakfast"
Great staff and good food. Stayed 5 nights and everyday breakfast was great. Be sure and check your windows as we arrived late a night and the road noise was pretty loud. After some investigation i found the top window of the the double hung was open at the top.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"One night at a time."
We spent one evening there enroute to another. Top notch breakfast and friendly staff. The decor was very pleasant to look around the establishment. We stayed in the smallest room in the place. The full size bed was adequate for the two of us. Not the size of room you would get at a chain hotel but a lot more character. The one major drawback is the rooms temperature is controlled by having the windows open and fans on. Not so bad this time of year. We were glad it was not any warmer. All and all good experience, just have to remember B&B are more about charm than the extras from a chain hotel. Your choice.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Home away from home"
Very comfortable, very good treatment. We would definitely go back
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
The host is very nice. Clean and like home. It' s near the beach two blocks away.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
this was a very quiet, clean, nice B&B in long beach. It was a lovely place to spend a few nights
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2014
"Perfectly situated for what we came to see."
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Our hostess was superb. The breakfasts were very nice.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
James Delaria
"Great room! Amazing Service!"
Very kind host! She was very helpful and attentive in everyway, the room was spotless and everything we needed was there. I would highly recommend anyone who is visiting the area to spend a night here!
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Nice place and staff was very friendly."
Would definitely stay there again. Staff was very friendly
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"The Beachrunner"
This is a great little B&B .. the only downside is that the rooms on Broadway have to listen to the automated bus message since the Beachrunner is located on a bus stop.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"A wonderful B&B close to the beach in Long Beach"
I really enjoyed my week's stay at the Beachrunner's Inn. Pat, the innkeeper, was very kind, helpful, and served an awesome breakfast each morning. The Inn was very quiet, peaceful, and immaculate and I truly had a relaxing week. I would return there to stay in a flash!
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
Pam
"Awesome B&B!!"
Our experience began with a nice surprise upon arrival. Our flight arrived very early in the morning and we arrived at the B&B at 9AM. Our hopes were to store our bags and head to a local restaurant until a room was ready. We were really surprised when Pat told us she had a room ready for us and we could check in early. The B&B is beautiful and our room was very comfortable. The staff was more than helpful...they really treated us like family. We were only a few blocks from a very large and clean beach. Shopping and dining were within walking distance. The next day when we asked if we could leave our bags until 4 because the cruise send a notice that they were delayed in boarding. Pat let us stay in the B&B until we needed to leave. We checked out of the room on time but enjoyed the rest of the B&B for another 5 hours. I can't say enough great things about Pat and this B&B. I plan to return to Long Beach and WILL stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013
"Lovely B and B in Long Beach"
Pat was wonderful. She was welcoming and helpful;she created delicious breakfasts. Also, the location of Beachrunners is great--a short walk to the beach. The room was pleasant and very clean. I will certainly stay again.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Linden
"Long Beach Beachrunners"
Beachrunners is conveniently located two blocks from Pacific Ocean swimming. A good, family-owned pizza place is a block away. City bus transportation is available nearby with multiple routes including going downtown Long Beach. Bus transportation connects with the train to Los Angeles frequently arriving and departing until late evening. Excursions to Catalina Island depart from downtown Long Beach. Now--about the hotel. It is a family-run bed and breakfast in a home which just turned one hundred years old. The daily hot breakfast is excellent iincluding hot foods and fruit and cereal as well as coffee and hot tea. Tourist information is available on all the important things to visit in the area. A daily newspaper from Long Beach and Los Angeles is on the coffee table in the living room if you prefer your news hard copy. Internet access is available as well. A nice laundromat is a ten-minute walk away. Pat will answer all your questions. Highly recommend.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Nice quiet place close to the beach"
Room was a little small. Parking was a little weird. The owners were very nice. Excellent breakfasts! We would definitely stay here again.
3 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
"Lovely little B&B"
Pat and Courtney were so sweet! I wasn't terribly awake when I arrived at their inn and as a result they had to explain to me how to work the front door lock twice, but thankfully they were tremendously patient. My room was beautiful and clean, and they made a lovely omelet for me on Wednesday morning. I had a lovely time walking to the beach near the inn and just relaxing for a day before I had to leave Long Beach. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast, the owners are great people. There was a bit of traffic that was loud before I shut the windows, but they also provided a complimentary eye mask and earplugs for me, so I couldn't complain~
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"very disappointing"
After reading the other reviews on Beach Runners on hotels.com it sounded like a great place. We were very let down by our four night stay there. We arrived on wendsday morning and no one was there to let us in to the B&B . not a huge deal so we walked down to the beach for a while. when we arrived back at the B&B we were greeted by Pam. which by all the other reviews you would have expected her to be a ray of sunshine. we experienced quite the opposite. Pam was very cold to us, almost seemed more hospitable to the other guests. And when staying at a B&B the last thing you want is to be uncomfortable around the inkeeper. She gave us our tour and showed us our room. we asked twice if the hot tub was in working order and she assured us it was. Well at 8 o'clock that night I uncover the hot tub to find cold rust colored water. I informed Pam of this and even offered to drain and refill the hot tub for her before the weekend arrived. She said she thank you but she would take care of it. Well 2 days later it was finally hot (too hot) and the water was still filthy. She was made aware of a problem in her "business" and ignored it. We made the best of the rest of the trip but needless to say will not be returning. I write this review not to complain but to warn other travelers. cheers and safe travels.
4 night trip May 29, 2013
"Worn"
Cute house and nice owner are not enough to overlook the cement slab bed and mildewed brown water jacuzzi. Lots of traffic noise and dirty carpet on stairs
1 night business trip May 18, 2013
"great bed and breakfast, clean, cute, near beach!"
i love this Bed and Breakfast and will only stay here when i go to Long Beach. Pat is a great hostess, the rooms are cute and clean and the breakfast is yummy (always something warm with a lot of other choices and the fruit bowl is my favorite). waterbottles in the room and more for a small fee if you need it. conveniently located 3 blocks from the beach and a few restaurants within walking distance as well. the street can be noisey but Pat provides ear plugs (which i don't actually need). LOVE IT HERE!
2 night business trip May 14, 2013
"Homey B&B near the beach"
Friendly, family owned B&B in a decent neighborhood within walking distance to grocery, ect. We were presented with a gluten-free and tasty cupcake for our anniversary! Ask about where to park, as this is a little tricky. They have an area, but it's through an ally; street parking is brutal!
Other trip May 19, 2013
"Pleasant stay, will come back again"
I stayed here in 2011 after a hectic conference in LA, I came back again in 2013, after similar conference. The place is very clean, confortable, the atmosphere warm and convivial. The hostess makes an excellent breakfast. Ask for a room away from E. Broadway street, if possible. There are some good places to eat nearby. The beach is a couple of blocks away. I will definitely come back again
3 night trip May 8, 2013
"Like a home away from home on the Belmont Shore!"
I lived in Long Beach, CA in 1991, and then again from 1994-1998. I really loved my time on the Belmont Shore, but I have to admit that the area is even nicer today than it was 15 years ago! That said, I booked the Beachrunners' Inn for my wife and I to spend a night near friends before heading to points south for a wedding. We were greeted at the door by Pat, the lovely owner, and she made us feel immediately at home! Our 24 hours on the Belmont Shore ended up being a highlight of our 4-day trip to Southern California! We enjoyed a Gondola ride at sunset in Alamitos Bay, met friends for a drink at the Belmont Brewing Company, and enjoyed the best breakfast I've had in 2013 in the comfy dining room at the Beachrunners' Inn! Pat made this amazing "baked french toast" that I should have gotten the recipe for! And we enjoyed relaxing after a long beach walk in the backyard hot tub. What a perfect start to our vacation!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2013
Matt P.
"Great one night stay"
Due to late plane and slow car rental agency, I arrived at 11 PM. Owner was wonderfully welcoming. Breakfast was a plentiful offering of many choices and cooked food was prepared well. Some B&B's offer too much food, and it is hard to resist and then you feel too full. This one was just right and quite healthy. My room (I think it was South Beach) was small and would have been cramped feeling if I had not been alone. Lovely home and very nice owners made me wish I was staying longer. In a great neighborhood also!
1 night trip Apr 17, 2013
Pam
"near csulb"
Great location near beach and my college age daughter. Good breakfast and comfortable bed. Room really cramped but ceiling fan and windows kept it perfect temperature.
2 night trip Apr 13, 2013
jl
"Very nice place!"
We really enjoyed our stay here. Nice rooms and breakfast, overall a very good stay with nice people.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013
It was lovely. Pat was a wonderful hostess. Breakfast was great.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"Couple from Las Vegas"
This was our first stay at a B&B. We were always hesitant staying at a B&B because some of the online photos were not inviting. My husband did his research and felt good about the Beachrunner Inn. First impression was great because when I called to see about checking in early, around noon, Pat the innkeeper said to come on.....the Inn is a historic mark in the community and is well cared for. Our room was cozy and very very comfortable. The Inn felt like it was your home away from home. Breakfast was very good and being it was our first B&B, eating at the main table was not bad, met some very nice people. The beach was within walking distance and many other shops on Broadway. Polly's Pies at 3490 Atlantic Blvd is the place for comfort food and great pies. The Farmer's Market downtown was cool, we had a bacon wrapped hot link, so goood! Staying at the Beachrunner Inn was a great B&B experience and a great way to spend our 10th anniversary. Pat has set some high standards for our next B&B experience. Thank you to the Beachrunner Inn family.
Other trip Jan 21, 2013