All hotels in Long Beach, California, United States of America
231 Kennebec Avenue, Long Beach, CA, 90803, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Nice B&B - Great Breakfast, lots of choices, Park in Lot not on street.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
great clean place to stay. Very homelike and very friendly
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2016
steven
"Restful and convenient stay"
I needed a place to stay in Long Beach that would be close to where my family lived and be convenient for entertaining my self with local sightseeing and activities. Beachrunners has a great location so one can walk to attractions, restaurants and a farmers market that happens twice a week, if I read correctly. Long Beach is parking-scarce to parking-difficult and is stressful for me wherever I visit. Beachrunners has parking spaces specifically for their guests. That said, drive a small to medium size car as spaces are tight for any larger vehicles to share the room. I am eating vegan and Beachrunners was willing and able to accommodate me. I enjoyed a vegan hot entree each morning as well as access to whole grain cereals, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and non-dairy 'milk'. My fellow diners eating animal products had very tasty meals as well; they told me so. I could have stayed in a motel for somewhat less money, but my savings would have been offset by more driving, more money spent on meals, less convenience and less opportunity to socialize and to get my walking in. B&Bs are such a pleasant and personal option. I will stay with Beachrunners again next time I'm going to Long Beach.
5 night family trip Dec 16, 2015
Denise
"Great Host"
Everything was great except for the room temperature (no AC). Pat was a great host and the overall experience was good. If you opened the window the room temp was good except for the street noise. I would still recommend this bed and breakfast.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Jimmie
The street can be noisy if you sleep with the window open but the breakfast was awesome and the small touches like the robes made it a great experience.
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
Randy
Pat was very nice .Stayed in the kennicen room. There is parking off the street that worked out great.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Excellent family run bed and breakfast"
We loved staying at Beach Runners Inn; the facilities are great. The ambience is welcoming. The inn is close to the beach We would definitely stay again and recommend to friends
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Cozy and comfortable"
Everything was perfect. The breakfasts were delicious and the hosts pay attention to every detail. Great location, close to everything. I'm definitely going to come back.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
kristel
"I'll be back."
Very clean. Enjoyed my brief stay. Pat was very hospitable. (hotel service rating in this case is non-applicable. It is a B&B)
1 night trip Jun 30, 2015
W Ty
"Perfect location, reasonably priced"
Pat is an excellent hostess, very accomodating and beautiful home
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Classic Long Beach B&B"
Local B&B in a 1915 vintage home. Very comfortable room would be tight for two. Since I was on a business trip and up early - out late, it was perfect. In an area of very tight parking, they have reserved spaces located conveniently nearby. The owner (Pat) was a delight. The only negative - located on a busy street; however, the room came with both earplugs and sleep mask should one have trouble falling asleep. Was a very nice touch and appreciated. Would stay there again.
2 night business trip May 13, 2015
Alan
"Warm, friendly with hospitable host"
I really love the place. Felt like I am at home. Pat is a very nice person..very welcoming. Courtney too. The place is cosy... Just a suggestion...maybe once in a while. .to host tea time with the guests. I will come back...for sure. I have recommended Beachrunners Inn to my friends.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Rina
"Beautiful place and easy walking to beach"
This is a B&B, and the only reason I don't give it a 5.0 is because the room has no AC. This is a restored 102 year old home. It is only a few blocks from the beach and Pat, the owner, was as nice as she could be. Rooms are clean, towels and even plush robes are awesome. Our particular room "Long Beach", is small, only room for a bed and TV. So with a bad back, it was a bit troublesome for me, but not for my wife. :-) Still I would stay here again as long as it is not hot out.
4 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"excellent"
Wonderful location, very nice ladies who own it.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
I didn't realize how small the rooms were and that the sink was near the bed and not in the actual bathroom.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Another home away from home"
Had to go to Long Beach with my daughter so she could check out CSULB, and although I had grown up in the area, it has changed so much, it was a different city. Going from the Amtrak station to the B&B was a bit scary, but once I entered the doors, I felt like I was at home. Pat treats everyone like they're extended family members, and that's nicer than a regular hotel where you're Room #. The only downsides are that since this B&B is over 100 years old, there is no air-conditioning, but you do have windows that open, and if you're not used to noise, Broadway and Kennebec are VERY busy streets. Overall, though, these are so minor.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Tracy
"Excellent Stay!"
The room was a little small but I think that adds to the quaintness of the experience. All in all it was a really comfortable stay just 2 blocks from the beach and for a great price. We'll definitely be back!
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
James B.
"Beachrunner's Inn-yes, morning run on beach"
Great getaway to Long Beach. Convenient to beach and a short bike ride, walk or bus trip downtown. Comfortable and offered a nice sitting patio area in the back. The bed was VERY comfortable - just for that, would stay again. Appreciated the Wi-Fi for morning work. Pat and staff are friendly. Ultimately the question is, would I stay again? Yes. The B&B is on a busier street. Request room away from road to be on the quiet side.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
My wife and I made the short trip from Los Angeles to stay at this place for the first time. We rode our bicycles down the LA River Path; when we showed up exhausted, the staff let us wheel our bikes into the back yard right away. The hosts were amazing, and we especially loved the hot tub! The location is also great, just next to Bixby Park and plenty of good bars and restaurants. I will definitely stay here again next time we're in town.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Ryan
"Will stay again"
Very nice stay with Pat. Place was immaculate and perfect for an overnight stay.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Priscilla
"Fantastic location!"
Great staff and location! I look forward to my next stay
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"A Charming Home Away from Home"
I can't say enough good things about the Beachrunners' Inn. The hostess/owner, Pat, is as friendly and gracious as they come and her breakfasts are delicious. They include a cup of fresh fruit, which was my favorite part. The Inn itself is charming and evokes a pristeen nostalgia while kept immaculately clean. The location is just three blocks from the ocean and one block from a park that runs to the beach -- a very nice area of Long Beach. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will, no doubt, be returning.
7 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice Bed & Breakfast"
Situated in a quiet residential area in Long Beach not too far from E 2nd St with its selection of bars, restaurants and everything, this B&B had everything I expected. It's in a nice, mid-sized house. The place was perfectly clean, the hostess was friendly and helpful. Pat, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are excellent
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Perfect Little Place"
Beachrunner's was the perfect place to stay and have a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle I needed to attend to at the convention center. While its not walking distance to the convention center like some other big hotels, it was only a 6.00 ride on Uber. Pat was a gracious and warm hostess and I really enjoyed our conversations. I'll definitely be back when I'm in Long Beach.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Wonderful, small B&B 5 minutes from the beach. The breakfast is great (fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, oatmeal, hot eggs), help yourself style. The rooms are nicely decorated and unique, and the common areas are very nice as well. There is a small fridge with drinks and a snack basket.
Margaret
"Quaint and cozy B&B"
Great owners, very helpful in resolving a mistake we made in the reservation. Gave us great directions to Long Beach state. friendly guests, nice rooms very reasonable prices.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Mountain
"Great morning Breakfast"
Historical dream that came alive with the comforts of a B&B.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Tax and legal
"Beautiful historic home close to the beach"
We enjoyed our stay at the Beachrunner's Inn B&B. Pat was very accommodating and our room was immaculate. The room was small but well designed to maximize space. There is no air-conditioning and it became somewhat humid when the shower was used with the only ventilation being windows that could be viewed from the adjacent apartment/condos. Breakfast was much more than a traditional continental breakfast with fresh fruit and lots of choices. We loved the fact that it is a short distance from the beach and we could store our bikes i the back garden then ride our bikes to the beach bike path. We will definitely return but will try the room with the king size bed next time!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Dr. SDC
"Long Beach Business Trip"
I had reserved a room for two nights, paid in advance. Travel disruptions prevented me from arriving the first night, but I did arrive the next day. On the afternoon of the second day, I attempted to check in but nobody was there and the establishment was locked and appeared to be closed. I called the office number and left a message, then waited for an hour for either a call back or the appearance of anyone else inside the building. I was forced to locate alternative lodging for the second night. The next day, I received a call back with an apology, which i appreciated but it was too late to correct the situation. I am out for the cost of two nights, since they were paid in advance. Being charged for the first night is understandable--my travel disruption is not the fault of the establishment, but I should be reimbursed for the second night since I was there but they were not. I await the reimbursement.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Terry Maddox
"Misleading and rude staff!"
No where on the hotels.com description does it say this is a bed and breakfast! The rooms are TINY and I booked 4 people to stay here. We were turned away by the staff when we arrived because she said four people could not fit in the tiny rooms and another room wasn't available. She also said she has been having trouble with hotels.com allowing customers to book more than two people per room. No more than 2 people can stay in a room according to the staff. We were forced to cancel our reservation upon arrival and the staff would not refund our full amount due to "policy" even though we aren't the only ones this has happened to. I'm am extremely disappointed with hotels.com in addition to Beachrunners Inn. There should be a description somewhere saying this is a B&B and no more than 2 people can stay in one room. I will not be using hotels.com again.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Very Quaint"
Beautiful house and breakfast every morning was wonderful. The only draw back was there was no AC in the room.
3 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Rhonda
Loved my stay here! Book now ;)
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
"Loud, hot nights"
Our first night we had a tiny "queen" bed that was barely big enough for both of us. There is no a/c (typical for California) and only one slightly ok ceiling fan that did not provide much for air movement. We slept with the two windows open. I had ear plugs in the whole night but still was awoke several times during the night. My boyfriend is mostly deaf and can sleep through almost anything but he woke up constantly and even woke up in a fright at one point because a car almost crashed on the street next to us. Now, to clarify, the adjacent street is Broadway. By adjacent I mean there is a side walk literally right outside the house and you are literally only a few feet from the street. That means there are cars whizzing past all night long and people walking on the sidewalk (yelling at each other) all night long. We stayed in the Sunset View room. If you can stay at any of the rooms stay down stairs. They are all on the opposite side of the house and are probably much quieter. If it hadn't been for the fact that we couldn't sleep this wouldn't be a bad place to stay. It is cute and has a nice little outside area where you can smoke or hang out. But this is also right next to Broadway and a shady apartment building, where people will walk by with their laundry and stare at you. I was excited because it was my first B&B but I will know better next time and only stay at a B&B when it is secluded.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
"Only 3 blocks from beach, 5miles LongBeachAirport"
Very lovely historic B&B, Pat owner so nice and accommodating. Only small issue Expedia listed address as 731 Kennebec Ave in error.address is 231 Kennebec Ave.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Susie snd Paul
"Great bed & breakfast! Close to beach & downtown."
Had a great experience and accommodations were terrific. Charming historic home and fantastic location. Pat was a great host and it felt like home away from home. It was truly an experience and will recommend for anyone to try out. Met other guests during my stay due to intimate setting and breakfast was delicious. Has everything you need without the cost. I will stay here again and recommend to my friends/family.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Rico
"Fantastic place!"
What can I say? If you're looking for a B&B in Long Beach, this is definitely the place to go! Conveniently located, lovely rooms, fantastic service, and Pat was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Zach
"Loved it!"
My wife and I had early meetings, so it was easier to stay than fight traffic. The home is wonderful, and Pat was very welcoming. We highly recommend Beachrunners!
2 night business trip May 7, 2014
"Day of Rest"
The Beachrunners Inn was like being at home in our living room. We were very warmly welcomed into their home. We were exhausted from our travels and we just ended up vegging on their living room couch, ordered a pizza for delivery and watched a move from their DVD collection. The next morning there was a Wonderful Breakfast spread and eggs made any way you liked them. The food and hospitality were wonderful. If I have to give any negative, it was how very warm it is in the upstairs bedrooms, there is no air conditioning and the street noise is very loud. We were so exhausted that we fell right to sleep and the bed was very comfortable. We do, recommend this B&B if you don't mind no air conditioning in the summer.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"quaint and very beautiful"
Beautiful little place, very nice woman in charge. Don't miss that it is a "bed and breakfast". Small rooms in a large house. Shared kitchen, and living room and thin walls. Perfect location, however, and immaculate. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
Joe & Roberta
"Nice Bed & Breakfast"
Great staff and good food. Stayed 5 nights and everyday breakfast was great. Be sure and check your windows as we arrived late a night and the road noise was pretty loud. After some investigation i found the top window of the the double hung was open at the top.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"One night at a time."
We spent one evening there enroute to another. Top notch breakfast and friendly staff. The decor was very pleasant to look around the establishment. We stayed in the smallest room in the place. The full size bed was adequate for the two of us. Not the size of room you would get at a chain hotel but a lot more character. The one major drawback is the rooms temperature is controlled by having the windows open and fans on. Not so bad this time of year. We were glad it was not any warmer. All and all good experience, just have to remember B&B are more about charm than the extras from a chain hotel. Your choice.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Home away from home"
Very comfortable, very good treatment. We would definitely go back
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
The host is very nice. Clean and like home. It' s near the beach two blocks away.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
this was a very quiet, clean, nice B&B in long beach. It was a lovely place to spend a few nights
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2014
"Perfectly situated for what we came to see."
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Our hostess was superb. The breakfasts were very nice.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
James Delaria
"Great room! Amazing Service!"
Very kind host! She was very helpful and attentive in everyway, the room was spotless and everything we needed was there. I would highly recommend anyone who is visiting the area to spend a night here!
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Nice place and staff was very friendly."
Would definitely stay there again. Staff was very friendly
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"The Beachrunner"
This is a great little B&B .. the only downside is that the rooms on Broadway have to listen to the automated bus message since the Beachrunner is located on a bus stop.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"A wonderful B&B close to the beach in Long Beach"
I really enjoyed my week's stay at the Beachrunner's Inn. Pat, the innkeeper, was very kind, helpful, and served an awesome breakfast each morning. The Inn was very quiet, peaceful, and immaculate and I truly had a relaxing week. I would return there to stay in a flash!
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
Pam
"Awesome B&B!!"
Our experience began with a nice surprise upon arrival. Our flight arrived very early in the morning and we arrived at the B&B at 9AM. Our hopes were to store our bags and head to a local restaurant until a room was ready. We were really surprised when Pat told us she had a room ready for us and we could check in early. The B&B is beautiful and our room was very comfortable. The staff was more than helpful...they really treated us like family. We were only a few blocks from a very large and clean beach. Shopping and dining were within walking distance. The next day when we asked if we could leave our bags until 4 because the cruise send a notice that they were delayed in boarding. Pat let us stay in the B&B until we needed to leave. We checked out of the room on time but enjoyed the rest of the B&B for another 5 hours. I can't say enough great things about Pat and this B&B. I plan to return to Long Beach and WILL stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013