All hotels in Holderness, New Hampshire, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here31 Manor Drive, Holderness, NH, 03245, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"warm and comfortable"
It was a one night get away for my husband and I and it was perfect to recharge!
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Not worth the money"
I was looking forward to going this hotel and was very disappointed. It is definitely NOT worth the money. When I got there I thought I was lost and that I had made a mistake. The pictures are very misleading... The hotel isn't even on the lake. My room was small and dark with a tiny bathroom. The room has a super old TV with a VCR (yes a VCR!!!) and it did not have internet access. It felt like my grandmother's house in the 80's. The place is OK but not worth the money at all.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Romantic Getaway"
Amazing. Remote with no distractions. Our room had a large soaking tub and a fireplace. Very romantic with no kids.
3 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
JCE
We had a very nice stay and regretted that we didn't have more time to enjoy the pool and tennis courts at the Inn. They were both in very nice condition and lovely. The breakfast was great!
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
BethL
"Fantastic Stay"
My husband and I visited the Manor on Golden Pond for our anniversary. We were just thrilled and will go back again soon.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Enjoyable Romantic Weekend Getaway"
This is a great place to "get away from it all." We had a room with a jacuzzi and fireplace, so it was a perfect way to spend a quiet evening. The comfortable robes and champagne the staff left in our room didn't hurt either! Meals were good and consistent throughout our stay. The cost for the room is expensive, but we felt the luxury was there to warrant the price. We also loved the shaded tennis courts for a morning round. The only challenge was that restaurants, bars and shops closed very early (around 8p-9p) and we felt there were limited activities in the surrounding area. But we would recommend The Manor to friends.
3 night romance trip Jul 13, 2013
Courtney
"Gorgeous views, incredible complimentary breakfast"
Amazing stay. The only complaint that I have is that I didnt stay at the Manor longer. We were in town to see a concert during Laconia Bike Week and unbeknown to us most of the hotels were sold out. We had no idea what a gorgeous property we were getting when we booked so we did not spend a lot of time here but we did enjoy a wonderful breakfast the next morning and walked the beautiful grounds before checking out. The inn keeper was lovely and really made us feel welcomed. I cannot wait to go back for a visit with my husband when we can spend some quality time on the property.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Holly
"great solo getaway"
the fireplace in the room was the best! staff was so kind and accommodating. it was a beautiful true retreat. thank you!
Other trip Mar 1, 2013
Enjoyed it immensely.
Other trip Aug 14, 2012
"Close to Laconia Bike Week!"
The Manor was fabulous - that is the only word to describe everything about the place.
Other trip Jun 20, 2012
"Wonderful get away"
Expensive, but worth it! Meals were wonderful.
Romance trip May 29, 2012

"Zuhause mit Seele!"
Sehr viel Seele, toller Service und excellentes Essen. Jederzeit gerne wieder. Wir haben bereut, nur 2 Nächte gebucht zu haben!
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Rüdiger
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for The Manor on Golden Pond

"Great place to celebrate a special occassion"
04/23/15 runs57 Concord, New Hampshire
My husband loves to cook and what better way to celebrate his birthday then to learn and share ideas with the fabulous Chef Peter in the "Fork in the Road" cooking class. We stayed in the Savoy Court room and enjoyed the fireplace each evening. The service and food were outstanding, worthy of any big city dining experience. The Manor is simply a beautiful, historic gem with much to enjoy from the afternoon tea to the delicious breakfast to the special touches honoring a landmark birthday. I would recommend the Manor, especially for a very special occasion.
"Fantastic Weekend on Golden Pond"
04/19/15 ShazamBoston Boston
I wanted to treat my wife to a nice relaxing weekend for her birthday and the Manor on Golden Pond did not disappoint! We booked the Magic Manor package which included breakfast and dinner for one of the nights at the amazing restaurant. The views of the lake were outstanding and we were both impressed with the terrific customer service. Prior to arranging I requested champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a box of chocolates which the staff did a great job arranging. We loved the Buckingham Room, which was a very large room with a double sink, huge fireplace, super comfortable bed. Even though there were many people staying at Manor we didn't hear a sound. The Inn was very cozy with its own British style pub, boardgames, puzzles, and complimentary tea and sandwiches in the afternoon. The food was top notch, from appetizer to entree to desert, with a very impressive menu. We also liked the creative breakfast choices including pumpkin sourdough french toast, omelets, and cranberry pancakes. The staff was happy to assist with ice, additional firewood, extra towels, etc., and were extremely welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend the Manor and we are planning on returning!
"Living like an aristocrat"
03/19/15 TravelWriterDB Cleveland, Ohio
As we arrived, we couldn’t help but be impressed with the wood beams and fabulous woodwork throughout the interior of the Manor. Brick and plaster walls, fine hardwood flooring and beautiful area rugs set off the comfortable seating in the many public spaces. Huge back-to-back fireplaces were the focal points in the lobby and the “tea room”. Afternoon tea was available at 4:00 p.m. with a selection of small sandwiches and fresh bakery. We stayed in the Yorkshire Suite, a 450-square-foot oasis of luxury. The room was bright and elegant with its wide, white woodwork and blue and white wallcoverings. A high-backed airjet Jacuzzi sat between the living area and the bedroom, such that you could enjoy the fireplace while luxuriating in the tub. Across the hall in the bathroom was a walk-in steam shower with waterfall head, beautiful suspended sink and toilet. A smart, white, glass-doored wall unit contained hair dryer and multiple bathroom essentials. A sofa, stuffed chair, as well as a small round table with two chairs gave you plenty of options for sitting while enjoying the fire. We pulled the table in front of the fireplace for a board game before retiring. In the separate bedroom, the bed was centered in the room and its tall, four-poster bed tried but couldn’t touch the cathedral ceiling in the room. Fine, blue, shear, drapery fabric swagged over the head of the bed, falling to the sides of the headboard. A white soffit around the bed concealed two recessed downlights, making it easy to read in bed. Had it been warmer weather during our stay, I would have wanted to enjoy a glass of wine on the private patio outside our room, overlooking the lake and the mountains in the distance.
"Quiet Retreat"
03/10/15 AnneV87 MA
We were looking for a place to get away from our routine for a few days. Our expectation was to rest, relax, shop, eat well, and maybe get a hike in. We were able to do all of it here. Updates are needed to the inside (outside was hard to tell, as the snow was still deep), but it was a charming New England inn. We never saw the owners and we weren't given a reason why; however, both Carol and Matthew were wonderfully helpful and hospitable during our stay. We stayed in the Savoy Suite and enjoyed the soaking tub and the fireplace. We had a fire each night while reading and sitting in front of it - just lovely. Breakfast each morning was delicious and served in a friendly, timely manner. There were plenty of choices. There weren't too many people staying there so it was as if we had the place to ourselves, especially on the Monday and Tuesday morning! It did feel a bit expensive without some of those small touches to make you feel really pampered - tea or coffee delivered early in your room (breakfast wasn't until 8:30), little fridge for leftovers or water or juice, etc. Overall, we were happy with our visit and would come back in the off season!
"A delightful getaway. We highly recommend doing a cooking school trip."
02/24/15 PamelaandLars Seekonk, Massachusetts
My wife and I have stayed here three times now. The staff has always been very friendly. They always greet with a smile and will go out of their way to make the stay special. The food is excellent. We had the tasting menu during one of our stays -- it was wonderful but way too much food! On each of our trips we received a personalized dessert plate wishing my wife a Happy Birthday or both of us a Happy Anniversary. Most of our nights we felt like we "owned the place" as we rarely saw or heard others. This last trip was the busiest we have seen it, but the service did not suffer in the slightest. We had the unique experience to do cooking school this trip. It is run by the Executive Chef and only 6 guests are allowed to attend. It was quite the treat! We learned how to make four different pasta dishes from scratch. Our schooling included cutting techniques, a "backstage pass" to come into the kitchen during dinner service to observe, and overall great food and fun. Our complaints with the Manor remain the same (which is why we do not give it 5 Stars). The technology is in DIRE need of updating. My wife joked that she forgot to bring binoculars to be able to view the TV. Internet service exists, but barely. The landscaping could use an over-hauling if they wanted to attract wedding parties and more special events. The outside of the building could really use some painting and TLC. Overall, the trip is on the pricey side, but worth it. We will return.
"Very nice stay, with one exception"
02/24/15 CJags8 Boston, Massachusetts
My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay over Valentines day- it's an old, well kept manor, and the staff were very nice. We stayed in the Wellington Room- the accomodations are very comfortable and clean (the bed was great, the jacuzzi spacious and clean, and the fire place perfect for a cold and snowy night). Our room only had a view of the yard, but it was the last they had available. The decor suggests someone's grandmother put it together 40 years ago, but I can't complain about an old manor being decorated with old styles. The dining area and bar have a very classy appearance- as did the meal itself. The food (dinner and breakfast) scored high points for both appearance and quality, though we didn't find the flavor to be anything special. Really my only negative comment was with regard to the noise. The booking website advertised that they are 'sound proof' rooms, however we must have been over the kitchen because I could hear what sounded like doors and cabinets slamming until 11 pm, voices loud and clear from the hallway, and someone's V-day bed frame a'banging.
"Romantic and beautiful, great service"
02/21/15 SAF1985 Toronto, Canada
My fiance planned a romantic Valentine's weekend stay here. It was wonderful! The room had a real fireplace and deep jacuzzi tub. The views of the lake were stunning. The hotel restaurant is top-notch ( recommend the mushroom risotto and chocolate creme brulee), and the breakfast is great too. The staff did everything to make us comfortable. E.g., we were late for afternoon cider in the lobby. When we asked, the concierge immediately brought out piping hot glasses just for us! We felt relaxed and rejuvenated after two days there. Would love to go back.
"Very nice visit in off season."
02/06/15 bostonjames Key West, Florida
We had a great time at the Manor. We wanted to see some snow and Mountains. ( we live in Key West ) I also wanted a private horse snow sleight ride just for the two us. First-the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's a fine line between good service and to much attention. They knew the area. Made two good suggestions. We were the only guests the first night. It's winter. A nice thing happened the first night. We were enjoying a bar drink and the server came over and told us that she had the best seat for us but it's first come etc. A meal at the word burning fireplace is as good as it's gets. We stayed in Buckingham room . Nice fireplace. Over all a very good trip advisor find. Two minor problems. The TV was so small we had to stand up close to view it. Second the manor is very old. The toilet seat had lost some of its paint..didnt enjoy looking at it for two days. First look and you think it's something else on the seat. These are two simple updates at very little cost. We showed the room to another dinner guests and we all laughted at the size of the TV. They didn't comment on the toilet seat. The dinner gets mixed reviews . First night one meal was perfect. The other one so over cooked that after one bite, I stopped eating it. The next nights dinner meal was 5 star. I think this might be a staffing problem due to late January weather conditions and lack of customers. I would go back and the price was right for our visit.
"Relaxing weekend in a beautiful Inn"
01/11/15 Douglas H Methuen, Massachusetts
My wife and I stayed two nights at The Manor on Golden Pond and it was a fantastic and relaxing experience. We stayed in the 'Sandwich' room which was a beautiful room to stay in. This luxury room was very comfortable to stay and in and was very accommodating for our needs. The Spa at this Inn was fantastic as well. The restaurant at The Manor was great for breakfast as well as dinner. The service was top notch and the food was "five star". All together this Inn was worth every penny.
"Property and Building Beautiful but poor service from the "Owner""
01/01/15 kjfiliault new hampshire
Beautiful property and buidling/ New Years Eve my husband and I had dinner here .. not knowing what to expect for dinner on new years... Food was really weird and came out EXTREMELY slow. The waitstaff was really not helpful AT all.. she was polite but really poor service. Our food was dropped off every time with nothing said really and she never asked us how everything was untill our last entree?? Our water was only replaced 1x when I asked.. then my husband had to get up and fill them up 3 different times... never asked if we needed more wine etc.. list goes .. At end of dinner she dropped off bill and I saw TIP was included I said UGH thats why our service was awful. Anyways tried make best of it. My hubby left extremely hungry portions are very very small.. Next am mentioned it to the manager and she told the owner.. I was assuming he come talk to us... NOTHING we went ck out I asked if he was aware of the situation and the women in charge said YEAH I told him he is doing nothing... my mouth dropped I said he wont even come talk to us?? Nope... I said OMG I will never come back here... I was willing to try this place again cause its beautiful figured it was a bad night but now NOPE the owner didn't even care we had an issue.. Just telling you my experience and I work for an Inn and been to so many I will not recommend it I can't not since the owner would'n't even listen to our concern...unreal sad I spent so much money...