All hotels in Petaluma, California, United States of America
508 Petaluma Boulevard South, Petaluma, CA, 94952, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Business"
This is the only hotel I stay at in Petaluma!!! Much nicer than the Sheraton that cost more than twice as much. I have stayed here at least 8 times.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
I enjoyed this funky hotel very much. If I need to be in the area, I will definitely stay at Metro. Cute room with great posters and much coior. Right up my alley.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
M Elliott
"Stay again, longer"
Metro Hotel is almost a site in and of itself to visit. It's almost like a mini museum as there are several rooms/spaces filled with curiosities like an air-piano, antique toys and figures, etc. where one can hang out/relax. Outside, Metro has a lovely terrasse adjacent to the "bar/café" where one can enjoy freshly brewed Peet's coffee and another lawn area with grape arbor and pond. A delightful home away from home, worth staying several days, which we plan to do next time(s).
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Outstanding stay"
We stayed in Annas Nest our last night at the Metro. It was more like a little condo with two full bedrooms and a nice sized bathroom with two sinks. The creativity that went into this enchanting hotel is amazing. I have stayed at many hotels over the past two years or so and this was by far my favorite. I didn't get to stay long enough to get to fully enjoy Anna ' s Nest and I definitely plan on coming back someday. You have to experience this hotel to get the whole idea. All of their furnishings, fixtures, and decorations were imported directly from France. It's all shabby chic style too which you have to appreciate to get the full benefits. The shower curtains were a little too small in both rooms, the water pressure could be stronger from the big wonderful sprayers in them, and it was such a delightful surprise to get Annas Nest our last night but was a little disappointed that there wasn't a freezer. My ice cream melted :( I suggested that they put microwave and fridges in the rooms but I think the owner's wife would not approve of that. She does all the purchases and her husband said she has a strict criteria she goes by, which is very theme oriented and tasteful. Very nice and friendly, homey place, full of endless things to look at. Intriguing, delightful, they had WiFi and nice flat screen tvs, everything was comfortable and we'll thought out. They had an ice machine in the lobby with a microwave, and a little Cafe, although it wasn't open while I stayed there. There are nice little restaurants very close by, within walking distance and an AM machine at the liquor store practically across the street. The neighborhood is safe and nice, and it was very peaceful and quiet throughout our entire stay. The entire hotel and all the rooms were nestled inside greenery, fruit trees, and beautiful white roses. A couple of the rooms even had their own private front yards and patio area and I sat in the sun for awhile in the mid morning which was very enjoyable. The sta
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Kristie
"Business"
This was my fourth time staying here. I love the quirkeyness of the hotel. The beds are very comfortable and the place is clean. I will stay here every time I'm in Petaluma. Some others stayed at the Sheraton , paid twice as much and said the service was terrible and very expensive to eat there.
2 night business trip May 6, 2014
"Homey decorative whimsical hotel"
The Metro Hotel was very charming and surprisingly unique. The decorations were very stylish and whimsical. Each room has its own style and is decorated differently. The atmosphere was very quiet and peaceful. Our room was very bright and cheerful. I would call our room an artistic antique-ish French Shabby-chic style, filled with both modern and used furnishings made to look old and worn. The colors didn't really follow a theme but they all seemed to blend nicely together somehow. We had a small backyard and there was greenery all around us. We called to say we were arriving late and the receptionist front desk man (who was very kind) said we could check in ourselves which was really nice. He gave us the code to the door and put instructions and directions to our room in a small plastic envelope with our room key in a box by the front door, which had three things attached -a classic key, a decorative old fashioned brass key, and round brass medallion key-chain. They don't allow pets but allowed our service dog... but because we brought our dog, we weren't able to move rooms and try another one (we think probably because our room was the only one that had an enclosed small yard. The TV was a flat screen and worked well and had a remote with cable stations. We had WiFi which worked Ok but we were disappointed there wasn't a microwave or small fridge. The towels were nice, but the shower and bathroom were too small, the shower curtain wasn't wide enough to reach from one side to the other, it didn't have a bathtub which was disappointing, and the sink was too small with separate hot and cold sides so the water didn't blend together. They had separate supplies of 4 full 12 oz bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion, which I couldn't help but wonder if these were for single use only or if they were refilled and the leftovers were shared with new guests. Overall it was a pleasant stay and they took on our unique requests and had excellent customer service.
1 night trip May 5, 2014
Kristie
"Cozy and relaxing"
Check in was very friendly, we were given a choice of various rooms. Historic building with modern features, like Wi-Fi and televisions. Great gathering area with coffee and pastries included.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Gloria
"Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient"
We had a great time at the Metro Hotel & Cafe. The hotel is housed in a historical property and has lots of charm. It's decorated from top to bottom with French paraphernalia and has a bright, airy feel. The rooms are small but really comfortable--the bed and pillows are so soft and feel like home. We had no problems with noise. The staff is nice, helpful, and efficient. There is coffee/tea available 24/7 and a communal microwave/refrigerator available for guest use. It's in a great location with off-street parking 2 blocks away from the waterfront and a five-minute walk from downtown and Theatre Square. The Metro Hotel would be my first choice next time we are in Petaluma!
2 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Home away from home"
This is the third time that I have stayed at the metro. I go to the Metro when I need a couple days not couch surfing when I am working in the North Bay and this place is the perfect home away from home. I enjoy that the staff is very hands off and let's you be. It feels like a large home that you have access to, and they have a cute kitchen / social area downstairs. I truly recommend that anyone coming to Sonoma county check this out. It's close to restaurants, bars and a movie theater (walking distance) and also much cheaper than chain motels and hotels.!
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
J
"Nice hotel located in the City"
The hotel operation was a new experience for me. The hotel is self-service. Be prepared to carry your own bags, make your own coffee, and have fun your way. Staff is available during the day. The staff is available 24 hours per day by telephone. I found the entire experience pleasant and without any significant issues. The rooms and grounds were extremely clean. The setting is park like. There are flowers, a sitting area with privacy and grape vines everywhere. I found the outside area to be extremely peaceful. Upon returning from a night out on the town, I returned to my room to find that the maid service did not leave any towels. I called the 24 hour staff number and had my call answered immediately. I had clean towels within ten minutes!
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Al
"Loved this spot in Petaluma!"
I chose Metro Hotel by clicking on a few websites and we were thrilled with this fun and quirky spot in Petaluma. The room was spotless and lovely. The hotel is fun and quirky. All staff members were friendly and helpful including the adorable daughter of the owner who identified herself as the manager. Highly recommend this hotel for those visiting Petaluma.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2014
Tiana
"What a great surprise!"
OMG what a great surprise! Booked with expedia and was not really sure what to expect. I arrived a bit late but staff was amazing. Gave a tour of the hotel and took me up to my room, made sure every thing was in order. I've never been treated so well at a hotel. The next morning I looking out my window and I see a couple of a airstream trailers and the I remembered reading a story in a sun set magazine about the place. So nice that I stumbled on open the place
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
matt
"Great hotel with a french ambiance"
Loved it. Even the music in the breakfast room was tuned into a french radio station. What a find! What fun!!
1 night trip Feb 10, 2014
"Great unique little get away"
The hotel is well managed and clean. It's small and unique which is fun and entertaining. Overall my girlfriend and I had a great stay and enjoyed everything about the hotel. The walls are kinda thin (as others mentioned) so if you are shy or easily distracted by sounds you might not like it but it wasn't a bother to us
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"1st time"
interesting
1 night trip Dec 17, 2013
PGU
"Thanksgiving getaway"
Nice place in an even nicer town. Great coffee, but you have to go to a community room to get it. Maid service not top notch. It's like staying in a nice big house with strangers. Friendly staff. Free parking, but small lot. Gas station across the street. Neighborhood is picturesque with lots of mom & pop places in walking distance. There is a curfew here, Fyi.
2 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
"Nice B&B Alternative"
Nice B&B alternative. Jeff was very friendly. We might stay there again if in area.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Our booking was for three nights, but the room was not available for all of those nights. One hotel attendant was nice and infromed us of the problem, expecting that a second attendant would be in charge of helping us out the following day. However the second attendandt was not as helpful and seemed to have an atitude. Nevertheless the second attendant did contacted the hotel owner, who ended up booking the third nght for us at a different hotel using his own credit card. We would have preferred to stay as was originally booked, of course.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"Cozy"
This is a cozy little place that was very inviting. Although I didn't really see any hotel reps the stay was very nice and the rooms were comfortable. The courtyard was very cute. Very nice place to to stay
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Very homey feel"
I absolutely loved this hotel! The room was a bit small, but it was so cozy and cute. I loved the private areas for people to sit at outside of our rooms, and the community kitchen was amazing. We went to dinner at the Thai restaurant right next door and it was absolutely delicious--not to mention convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel, we will for sure be returning.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2013
Nora
"Metro Hotel"
Room was very clean. Bed was king sized and very comfortable with down duvet. Room heater was marginal - no central heating. Bathroom fixtures were functional but dated.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Barry
"Walking distance to lovely down town Petaluma."
Very enjoyable experience in a bucolic small town. Great for adault couples get away, would not recomend for families with younger children.
2 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Metro Hotel and Cafe"
Metro Hotel fell short of expectations. Nothing in the promotional blurb mentioned 2:30 PM check-in. The queen bed size was more of a double and the mattress was uncomfortable. WiFi access was per (admittedly low-cost) subscription. The deep, claw-footed tub was uncomfortable . TV screen was up-to-date but channel selection limited to local and sports programming. Safety issues were of particular concern. Our room location offered only one way out in case of emergency and that path included uneven tile and pavement between the lobby/dining area and rooms could . Staff was rarely available. The "Cafe" is more of a space used for dispensing coffee, tea, and coffee cake.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Roberta
"French Boutique Hotel in an All American town"
The place looked a little over the top in the pictures on the websites but was not so in person. It was clean and more like a B&B than a hotel but the staff was super friendly and helpful. Jeff at check-in took great pride in his job and was a real ambassador for the hotel and town. Check out the Helen Putman Park in town if you like to have a little outdoors hiking time and the Lagunitas Brewery & Restaurant was fun too.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2013
"For Francophiles"
We loved this little French-flavored hotel. The only drawback is there is no elevator and the winding staircase to the second floor is somewhat narrow. That said, we're in our 60's and managed okay. There were no screens on the windows but we opened them anyway and bugs weren't a problem (we were there in October, so no mosquitoes or flies at that time of year). Nice atmosphere, but if you like modern decor, forget this one. Bed was super comfy and had quality linens with European-style bedclothes and pillows.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
"True gem in Petaluma"
First time here and definitely will not be our last. Great one-night stay at the Metro Hotel. Super comfortable, cozy, and cute. Room and bathroom were very clean. Enjoyed the morning pastries and drip coffee (a bit ghetto, but good). Check-in and check-out was seamless and pleasant. Highly recommend!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Quirky but interesting"
If your looking for different and quirky this is your place. Bell staff is only part time so don't expect what you have available in a normal hotel. Close to charming old Petaluma and restaurants.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Just Shy of Charming"
Read reviews & was prepared for an out-of-the-ordinary stay. Didn't mind the spare furnishings or tiny bathroom (too much), but hotel is sadly in need of some TLC. The website picture is very flattering; hotel appears extremely charming & inviting. Not the case close up. To pull off the French flea market look, clean & tidy is a must or you end up w/shabby instead of charming. My room was a bit better, fairly clean & comfortable bed. Cute French doors, but badly in need of new shades. Table in my room & outside needed good wipe down; broken bistro chair should be replaced. Large cobweb in my shower & top edge of the tile was very dirty. Warm water took a long time coming-never got hot. Sweep walkways, trim olive trees, replace dead plants-every Vinca but one in the cute "ferris wheel" planter near rear entry door was dead. When you arrive there's a phone for entry; had to call twice before a young man answered. His greeting was friendly enough, but he clearly had too much to juggle. Said he was on the phone & I had to wait to check in. Another woman came in; he gave both of us the "welcome/introductory" speech together; took me to my room while she waited. Lack of staffing was off putting; one woman I saw a couple of times in the cafe area (possibly the owner) was very unfriendly. Morning "pastries"-store bought pound cake. Too expensive, not enough charm to overshadow the lack of attention to detail. Hotel website reviews sound glowing; check Yelp & other sites.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Taloola
Overnight stay on my way to the airport via the Sonoma Airporter. Everything about Metro was fun perfection..
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Gail
"Unexpected hotel in Petaluma"
First off finding such a place out in Petaluma was entirely unexpected. the people who run the place day to day are very helpful and accommodating. Everything there is a delight. Some might call it "cute" (but i wouldn't ever use that word) so instead I'll charming!
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
"Cute hotel in Petaluma"
Definitely different from the chain hotels. Metro has a kitschy, Parisian theme. It works pretty well, but can be a bit over-the-top. Check-in was fine. Rooms are scattered around a rambling bulding (no elevator). Room was basic, but comfortable, but without a lot of amenities. No air-conditioning, so be careful in the summer. Easy parking and free wifi. A very sparse breakfast is provided--coffee and blueberry pound cake. Overall, it was a nice change from the chain hotels, but I am not dreaming about a return visit.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"adorable french romantic getaway"
I loved the personal touch that this place had, being from Petaluma myself my boyfriend and I decided to stay there one night after a road trip all through California and decided it would be a nice way to end it. It felt like we were in a little cottage in the country side of France! the rooms are so quaint and cute I never wanted to leave, and the cafe down stairs was to die for. the little garden outside was lovely, feeling like you're off in a distant land- although just a few blocks down the road is historic down town with some of my favorite coffee shops! The owner is so nice and helpful with anything you need.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2013
"good location in up-and-coming Petaluma, fun hotel"
Kind of quirky hotel, very comfortable and clean but small room with rusty sink. Definitely not your name brand hotel. Nice cafe with good help-yourself coffee bar. Take a look at the photos and you will see what I mean. Petaluma has come a long way in the past ten years and is now a much nicer town with good connections to wine country, Pacific and San Fran.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
This is a cute little converted home, decorated and comfortable. They have a nice downstairs kitchen area that guests can use for simple food prep. Petes coffee in a pour over cup, do it yourself, in the morning.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
This hotel is definitely for tourist. It has a lot of French rustic charecture. Very cute and traditional. As far as my being a business traveller on the functionality of the room I rented; I found it lacking acruechments.
3 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
Johnny
"Fantastic place to stay; unique and charming!"
The hotel is very nice, secure, comfortable, and had great internet. I was first disappointed that each room did not have a refrigerator , but the hotel only has so few rooms that a communal fridge worked out well. Muffins were provided in the morning and my wife and I just loved the atmosphere.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Collin
"Room is too small, small overhead window"
We were given a room with no window except an overhead skylight that opens with a stick. When we try to open it more, the stick disengaged. The shower does not work well. We were given a queen for two people . We have a down comforter in summer in a warm room with no A/C. Not a comfortable stay.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"J'aime le motif francais!"
Really lovely. Enjoyed my morning Peet's coffee at little table in little garden right outside my door in glorious sunshine.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Tres adorable!"
Loved loved this little gem. Great decor and homey atmosphere. Cutie cute room. Clawfoot tub, yes! Parisian feel but much bigger room than you would get in Paris! Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2013
Kerri
"Cute, quaint hotel"
Enjoyed our stay at the Metro Hotel. Cute, quaint place with French flair. If you enjoy getting a different overnight experience than a Holiday Inn, you will like this place. Smaller, unique rooms. Our first room was too hot (no vent), but we were quickly moved to a much cooler room with a skylight. Petaluma is very cute too--wished we would've scheduled more time to spend in this small town.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2013
Shannon
"Quaint and Clean Metro Lodge and Cafe"
I booked last minute on hotels.com and booked this one because the rate was reasonable. I didn't realize it was a French-themed hotel, which pleased both my boyfriend and me since we like French things. But due to the holiday weekend, the front desk wasn't staffed much, though nothing was needed as we had all we needed. In the morning, the radio played French songs and there was coffee and tea. The store-bought plastic-wrapped sweet pastries didn't appeal to us, but we brought our own breakfast, so that was fine. We liked very much the patio area which was shaded by umbrellas and decorated with metal chairs and tables. We would definitely stay here again on our way north.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Charming French Theme"
We loved the decor, the yard, the room, the quaintness, the morning coffee. Overall a great place. Our only disappointment, and not totally unexpected in such an old building, is the shower in the morning went from icy to scalding.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Cindy
"Quirky but Pleasant"
This is a nice place to stay in Petaluma that is based upon someone's vision of small, quaint European hotels. Quite quirky, but of good quality. No elevators, but they will take your bags up and down for you to the 2nd floor. Nice breakfast area, very comfortable beds. Best said is that my SO (female) loved the place. I thought it was good, but I am not a big fan of "quaint" and tend to like Hyatt Regency style to that of B&B's. My SO "aggressively" disagrees and really enjoyed staying here.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
JC
"loved it!"
So glad we chose the Metro. We loved everything about it.
3 night family trip Jul 1, 2013
marylou
"Cute hotel with excellent service"
This is a wonderfully located B & B just a couple of blocks to stores and restaurants in downtown Petaluma. Jeff, checked us in and was so kind, warm and very professional, his bosses should double his pay !!!!! He answered all of our questions, and made us feel at home. Because the hotel was built in the 1800's, the floors are a little creaky, and the walls a little thin, but that adds to the charm of the property. No extra charges were made for using the toiletries provided in the bathroom. They are CLEARLY in large containers which the hotel refills when low, and are not meant to be taken at the end of your stay. Don't worry, they won't charge for them as a prior guest had written. He probably took the 10 oz container of shampoo thinking it was free like the sample sized ones given at motels Although the room had no a/c, a room fan was provided in the closet and helped to cool down our room in summer. Highly recommended for a fun time at a wonderful location with a great price.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
socalfoodie
"Right in wine country..."
The Metro hotel was perfectly located for our stay in wine country. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were very well decorated. Very easy to get to downtown Petaluma, as well as the rest of Sonoma county and surrounding wineries. My only complaint is that Jeff told us he was moving us to a "better" room, however, the room he moved us to was right next to the kitchen and cafe, which meant a lot of early morning noise and traffic.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2013
Loved it
1 night trip Jun 20, 2013
The hotel is a neat site. Old fashioned french style close to downtown Petaluma. The staff is geat.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2013
Harlan
"Quaint"
If you're looking for modern this is not it. If you want clean, comfortable, charming amenities with a French BnB flair and style then you cannot miss with Metro. Very friendly staff in a very different setting. Will stay again.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
"Funky Fun"
Funky fun. It was nice for 1 night but I'm not sure my husband would have gone for 2. The rooms were clean with rustic, eclectic furnishings. It's an old building so the walls are thin. A lot of places for outside sitting but the cafe chairs are a little rickety. Within walking distance to shops and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013