All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
243 Kingston St, Victoria, BC, V8V1V5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"a nice option"
Quiet residential area near to downtown ...beautiful victorian building. Nice host very congenial. Options available for sleeping, only downsize no a/c.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great price for a B&B."
The location was a pleasant walking distance to the museum, shops, cafe's, etc. There was some construction nearby one morning that was very loud, but those things are temporary. I believe we had the last room available when booking, it was the Roses & Lace room and it was lovely. The shower was awesome! The room was spacious enough but the bed was a little lumpy. Breakfast was delicious, and the innkeeper, Douglas was very kind. It was a beautiful building.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Kristi
"Beautiful house, great stay!"
We spent two days in the Kingston Suite. It was perfect for us with a king bed in one room and a double in the other. The house is beautiful and Douglas, the owner, was very hospitable. Breakfast was a delicious feast! Location is perfect and within walking distance of the water and all of downtown.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Christine Catemis
poor food, no daily cleaning unless more than 4 nights I wont be back
4 night trip Sep 10, 2014
DWB
"Lovely, gracious bed and breakfast"
We had a large, comfortable room in this old Victorian home. It was spotlessly clean and Douglas, the Innkeeper, was very welcoming and helpful. Great breakfast!! A short walk into the center of town.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Delightful, but inexperienced host"
Host very new to this country and breakfast customs, but his heart was in the right place. Some humorous "misteps," like ice-cream every morning for breakfast! Our room was lovely, but a bit dusty, and there were a few minor maintenance issues that he was clueless as to how to fix. Given more time in this country, and the experience that comes from running a B and B, our charming host will make a great success of his endeavor. A mini-fridge and microwave in each room would be welcomed by guests.
3 night romance trip Aug 6, 2014
Susie and Brad
I stayed for two nights. The innkeeper, Douglas, was a very charming person. He gave me the breakfast menu the afternoon that I arrived so that I could select what I wanted to have for breakfast the following morning. My room was quiet and comfortable. The Haterleight B and B is within walking distance to everything. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Historic building Close to Inner Harbor"
Bed and Breakfast with comfortable bed and way too huge a breakfast. What was lacking was host availability. Rarely there and not offering any suggestions regarding restaurants in area when requested. It is in a wonderful neighborhood and has good parking, so it was a very convenient location in a very walkable neighborhood. We were there four nights. Trash was never emptied nor were used towels replaced with fresh during our entire stay. Host never inquired if we had everything we needed.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Lovely B&B near ferry/harbor"
A gorgeous heritage home very close to the Victoria ferry terminal. Our host, Douglas, was gracious, hospitable and eager to make our stay pleasant. The breakfast was spectacular -- plenty of choices, generous portions, and very high quality gourmet foods all served in a lovely dining room filled with morning light.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
Keri
"Big disappointment"
Arrived at B&B at 6pm from ferry to find the front door locked. From the appearance of the front of the B&B and real estate cards by the door you would think the place was empty and for sale. The host finally answered the door and gave us an envelope as he showed us to our room, the Victoriana. He pulled out a sheet of paper and told us to fill it out for breakfast, leave it on table and off he went. It took a total of 3 mintues. He never asked for our names or even told us his. Left for dinner and returned to a completely dark house, no lights on the porch or in the entry. Not very helpful or secure for the guest. Only when we get back in the room do we discover that the jetted tub we paid for does not exist. What we do have in the bathroom is a small clawfooted tub. Between all that, hair on the bed, a dirty sink, layer of dust on the furniture, and the blowdryer dying on me in the morning we were ready to get home. Each time I tried to speak with Douglas (name that was on paperwork in envelope) he was cooking/serving or gone. Thought I would I have the opportunity when I turned in the keys but all I got was a finger pointing to the desk and a "thank you bye bye" Off he went, back to making breakfast that was running 30 minutes late.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Tropic Lovers

"Great guesthouse !"
Great stay at a charming guesthouse. James bay is the best area to stay in, close to everything.
2 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
Rachael
"Beautiful old house!! Our room was amazing."
This was a great experience. The only fault in this place was the wifi wasn't very good. Everything else was great. This place includes breakfast and I couldn't have asked for a tastier one
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Fantastic getaway for an overnight stay"
Walked one half marathon. Hotel was extremely accommodating to our needs.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Betty
"Comfy"
Pretty good spot
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014

"Atypique"
Nous cherchions un hôtel atypique et nous n'avons pas été déçu. Il s'agit d'une vieille demeure super bien entretenue, on se croirait en 1950. Le propriétaire est aussi dans cet esprit, ce qui accentue le charme de cette escale. La chambre et les parties communes sont propres, très confortables, le petit déjeuner est personnalisé en fonction des goûts des clients et très bon. Séjour dépaysant pour celui qui recherche ce type d'ambiance.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
FR
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Haterleigh Heritage Inn

"Lovely Quiet Spot!"
07/23/15 StormsEnd BC
Haterleigh is a lovely home on a quiet street, well located for exploring Victoria on foot. We had the Secret Garden room on the second floor, which is south facing, spacious and sunny. It does overlook the nearby homes and care should be taken to draw the blinds at night! :-) It was a bonus to have not only a coffee maker, but a kettle for tea in the room. The breakfast menu, while limited, was interesting and very tasty. Having free parking in the rear was great. The stained glass windows are worth the visit alone! We would recommend this B&B.
"Great Place to Stay in Victoria"
06/22/15 boeinguy2 Burien, Washington
We are currently staying in the Day Dreams room at the Haterleigh. Wonderful, unique room, and very comfortable. The location is just two to three blocks from the Victoria Clipper terminal in the Inner Harbor. The setting is a quiet neighborhood, with little noise from surrounding traffic. The proprietor has been very helpful.
"A fantastic Inn/B&B"
10/14/14 Ann-Marie C Lummi Island
Three of us stayed at the Haterleigh in order to participate in the Victoria Marathon. The Inn provides a fantastic breakfast, but because of our early race start we were unable to be present for the sit down breakfast servicing time - so Douglas arranged to have the breakfast put in our room and it was ready for us when we finished the marathon. It was delicious and beautiful presentation. The room had a king bed and another room a double. The spacious bathroom had a huge jetted bathtub. The Inn was just a short walk to the start of the race.
"Wonderful Anniversary Stay"
09/24/14 uanahelefromhi Bend, Oregon
We chose here for four nights of our anniversary trip to Victoria and Vancouver and we loved it. Douglas served big great breakfasts (we never ate lunch the entire stay)and who can argue with ice cream as a breakfast finish if you like, the inn is a historical treasure and the room was very clean and comfortable with a nice big jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. It is close enough that we walked the whole city and were really pleased that there was parking behind the inn so our car wasn't on the street. We would definitely stay here again.
"Beautiful stay"
09/08/14 BlueFingers Durham, North Carolina
We stayed in the Haterleigh Heritage Inn for 5 nights. Our host, Douglas was helpful and breakfast was excellent. He was very conscious of my wife being a vegetarian and had many options. The Secret Garden room was spacious and comfortable, with a little balcony we could open. Bathroom was large with a jacuzzi tub. The Inn was perfectly located - easy walk to the harbor and all the restaurants and attractions. We walked to dinner every night. Definitely would stay again.
"Wonderful stay, excellent host"
08/13/14 Ellen C Durham, North Carolina
We stayed at Haterleigh Heritage Inn August 2014 for several nights in the Secret Garden room. The room was spacious and comfortable, and it was nice to be able to open the balcony doors for fresh air whenever we wanted. The location is perfect--an easy walk to the harbor and downtown, very convenient for travellers. Our host, Douglas, was very accommodating, kind and generous. I am vegetarian, and he prepared my breakfast each morning with my needs and tastes in mind. Very much appreciated. Would readily recommend this B&B.
"Not Very Accomdating"
07/14/14 sorrythatstaken Langley, Washington
We made a last minute reservation for a 3 night stay based on the good reviews we read. We were a little concerned because of the reviewer who talked about new owner/manager. When we arrived and were shown to our room we were very disappointed to see that the bathroom that had been advertised as full bath with shower was in fact a jacuzzi tub with a hand held nozzle like on a kitchen sink that you had to hold over your head while you sit in the but. Not exactly a shower. The windows opened but there were no screens so bugs came in. The breakfast was okay but the owner seemed very overwhelmed and unsure of himself when preparing and serving breakfast. We had to ask for everything, butter, jam, sugar, salt and pepper. There were no condiments on the table. We had a family emergency and had to leave a day early and the owner was unwilling to give us a refund or even a partial refund. Okay, I understand it was probably too late for him to re-rent the room but there is no excuse for what happened next. When we got home we realized that we had left two phone chargers in the room. I emailed, texted and phoned the owner to see if he would send them to us. We offered to pay for the mailing costs but he never answered any of my inquiries. Definitely not what we were expecting for the price. We have stayed in Victoria many times and will definitely be looking elsewhere on our next stay.
"Perfect in Every Way"
07/14/14 TheBlargg Vancouver, Canada
My wife and I stayed for two nights here, July 12th & 13th, 2014. Our experience here was just outstanding. Our room, the Roses & Lace room, had everything we needed, including a jacuzzi and a very nice welcome basket. The property was immaculate and it felt almost like staying in a museum. The location was ideal, even if you don't have a car. As nice as the property was, the real highlight for me was breakfast. This isn't your typical half toasted bagel and crappy coffee. You get your choice of 3 courses (two choices for each course). I've included pictures. I give the Haterleigh Heritage Inn my highest recommendation.
"Great location in charming Victorian"
07/05/14 JKS55 Andover, Massachusetts
This B&B is in a great location close to the inner harbor, so it was great to walk to all the many attractions in the area. The owner gives you many choices for breakfast which is unusual for a B&B. We enjoyed having a glass of wine on the veranda in the evening. The decor is definitely Victorian with lots of leaded glass windows. This may seem a bit dark and staid for some. We wish the new owner luck in his new venture.
"That extra bit of service...when it counts"
06/30/14 Oliver F Sydney, Australia
We found this well located small B&B very comfortable. It's located on a tree lined street only a few minutes walk from the harbour, with several good restaurants close by. Our host prepared a delicious fresh breakfast to order and was very informative and helpful, so must so that he personally delivered my partner's forgotten nightdress to the ferry terminal as we were about to board... That's service!