All hotels in Newark, Delaware, United States of America
400 David Hollowell Drive, Newark, DE, 19716, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Quite clean
    Great amenities
    Rather comfortable
Excellent stay. Hotel was very comfortable and clean. Will definitely stay here again. Only slightly negative comment is that the exercise room is on the small side and limited amount of weights/weight training machines.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Systems need updating. AC was sluggish; no hot water one morning, coffee and coffee pot needed next level
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Solid"
Solid stay, fair price and STARBUCKS.
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
david
The people in the next room kept telling us to be quiet. We were just talking - since I hadn't seen my son and daughter in a month or so, it got late like 1:00 pm. The people next door made it very uncomfortable for us and I felt bad about them not being able to sleep. There was no complimentary breakfast as other hotels in the area do, and that was disappointing. Also the hotel staff knocked at the door at 8:50 am to clean the room and woke us up - when check out was not until 12 noon. This caused us to be tired the whole day.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Was awesome all staff was nice pool was anazing
3 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Valerie
"UD Parent stay"
One night stay for a campus visit. Very convenient and clean. Breakfast was abundant.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
"Blue Hen visit"
We were here to deliver some things for our grandson who is attending the University. The accomodations were excellent and very conveniently located.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Harold
We were only here one night, it was convenient to my sons house but was difficult to get out to the main road. You have to drive through the UD Housing to get out. My granddaughter enjoyed the pool.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
marcia
"Good location, nice lobby"
Liked it except mattress sunk in and hurt my back. Waitress in the morning was very slow.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
P
"so convenient for a visit to UDel"
Second time we've stayed here. Best part about the hotel is easy access to a pedestrian walkway so we could walk into town and walk all over University of Delaware campus and Main Street. Oh, and the hotel is nice, too. I usually stay at budget-places, so this was a nice splurge.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
dee
My stay was just overnight but the room was comfortable and the staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Goid
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Jenny
"One night only"
Only stayed one night but may be frequenting area more often. Will definitely stay again. Room clean, quiet, nice balcony! Only thing is the AC wasn't on when we got into room. Was a late check in, close to midnight, had been a long day and just wanted to relax. Had to wait for room to cool off first. Otherwise, very happy with place.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Bob & Ellen
Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel; however, I thought the price was expensive.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Comforting Hotel"
Stayed at the hotel with friends as we were commuting to concerts down near Dover. The hotel was about 45 minutes away from Dover. We loved the hotel. The staff was very aware of people walking in late and parking in the lot. That was comforting. In addition, the beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were cleaned perfectly everyday. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2015
Rebecca
Clean and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
The stay was good. Just didn't know where the free coffee was & had to purchase a Starbucks which I don't like. All else was great
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Awesome stay"
It was great
1 night business trip May 24, 2015
A quick overnight while picking up my daughter at college. Very clean, quite and my breakfast the next morning was fabulous.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Family Reunion"
Family Reunion, great location,Pleasant staff
5 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Quiet at night, can't beat that"
Despite having a room next to the elevator bank, our room was unbelievably quiet, we all slept like babies.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Subpar service at Mariott for a full priced stay"
Water was out at checkin, with no notice from staff until I called to ascertain what problem was after attempting shower on a hot day; fire alarms went off that first afternoon and we had to evacuate hotel and staff on floor had no idea how to protect guests, where the exits were, nor what was going on; management didn't notify staff when to return. "Free" Internet service was out as well on 2d day and staff wouldn't recycle or troubleshoot their router. Worst stay I've ever had at a Marriott, despite being a long-term rewards member with frequent stays at the chain throughout the USA. Location is close to campus dorms and is within walking distance to main street for restuarants. Front desk and restuarant/bar staffed mainly by students learning hospitality service, and need more supervision and training. Staff didn't offer help, nor refund for all the issues, just more questions when I raised it with them at check-out. Regret I didn't check-out after the first afternoons follies and went somewhere more customer friendly. At $165 a night there are cheaper, better choices in the area unless you want to put up with subpar services at a nice location. I won't stay here again when in Newark, DE.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Decision Day visit a pleasure!"
It was Decision Day at Univ of Delaware and we decided to stay at the hotel because it was conveniently located to the University. We arrived late and hungry. The restaurant was already closed but a very nice woman gave my kids menus and explained that we can order and have food delivered which they were thrilled to hear! My husband and I sat at the bar and met the most wonderful, knowledgeable bartender! We had a great stay and will definitely come back!
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
thomas
"Positively Pleasant"
Outstanding stay. There was a problem at check in and staff handled it quickly and efficiently. Staff was so kind and the UD students did a great job.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Kristin
"Very Nice Hotel"
Very nice hotel, on UDEL campus. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with nice high def TVs and strong, fast internet signal. Lobby is large, sprawling area, good for meeting/socializing. Front desk people are very responsive and accommodating. Pool and hot tub on the small side but nice and clean nevertheless. Only two elevators, which seems one or two shy for a hotel of this size...and they are slow, to boot! Bistro is convenient when open but hours are somewhat limited. Those relatively minor flaws aside, this is one of the better places to stay in Newark.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
"RE Travel"
Hotel far exceeded any expectations that I had. It was very clean, staff were friendly, and located in the perfect location for me. I will absolutely return.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Ryan
"Truly pet friendly!"
I have to comment about the pet friendly rooms. They are amazing, with private patio doors opening to a pet courtyard. First floor accommodations are perfect for dogs. Human accommodations also were good, as was the food.
1 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
"Quiet and Hospitable"
My stay was wonderful. the front desk and the bartender are reasons for me to come back on a personal getaway stay.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Tia
"convenient to Main street"
Very convenient walking distance to Main street. The room was a little dusty, but the bed was very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"emergency need"
nicely-sized room, all the amenities of home. we'd stay again!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Outstanding comfort near campus."
Excellent property. Perfect for any University of Delaware related business. There isn't much close by but they offer a free shuttle to get you there and back from many areas. The common areas are nice. A fairly lively bar for a smaller property. The rooms are big and comfortable. All around excellent amenities. A first rate property for its class.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Alex
"Clean & Friendly"
Clean rooms, friendly staff & free 24 hour coffee!!!
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
"It's a CourtYard by Marriott, which is fine."
Three rooms, three nights for Thanksgiving week. No complaints. No surprises. Clean, in a good neighborhood (on the edge of UD campus). Rooms are spacious. Small balcony overlooking courtyard at back of the hotel a plus (front side would look over parking lot). Slow draining bathtub in our room was annoying, but water was hot and plentiful. Linens on the edge, but fine. Housekeeping has annoying habit of "shorting" the comforter/blanket so you have to unmake bed to get it up beyond mid-chest level. Two of our party had breakfast and thought it was fine. Would stay here again (several in our party had been here before and recommended return).
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Never disappoints"
We have stayed here many times and it never disappoints. The staff is courteous and the rooms are clean and extremely comfortable. We love the ability to walk into town. The brunch on Sunday morning is perfect, and our large group is always accommodated without any problem.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
c
"Unhelpful Staff"
We did not stay. On arrival I discovered that I did nor have on me a government issued photo ID. I did have the receipt and confirmation from Hotels.com but that was not enough. I even had them Google me (I have thousands of Google entries, many with photograph). They were unhelpful and would not let us stay. We were going to a University of Delaware dinner (I am on the Faculty) at Tetley Hall next door to the hotel. I would like to get reimbursed!
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Newark-University of Delaware
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your most recent reservation. While we apologize for the inconvenience this situation caused you, it is hotel policy to verify and confirm identity and payment with all guests at the time of check-in; unfortunately, neither was able to be presented at the time of check-in. Rest assured, the hotel did not charge you due to the circumstances, so if you wish to seek a refund, please contact your booking agency.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
I've stayed here many times before and it has always been consistent - good service, clean, comfortable and reasonable rates. No reason to stay anywhere else in Newark DE.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"great location and very nice hotel"
location is amazing if you are visiting the college,hotel was great, very clean and comfortable beds
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Great location and customer service. For the price, I wish they served a free breakfast. No complaints, otherwise.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Clif
"Nice hotel!!! Beautiful room and lots of space."
We had a home emergency late Saturday night and needed a place to stay. Through Expedia we found this wonderful hotel in Newark late night. The front desk clerk took us in immediately before Expedia sent them the reservation information! Great customer service!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Peachy
"College orientation"
As advertised. On campus, clean, courteous staff, nice breakfast choices and VIP benefits for visiting parents of UD students
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Frank R.
Spa not working.
2 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
Jake
Depends on why you are going to Delaware. If you are visiting the college you couldn't get closer. Nice place, clean rooms, great lobby restaurant.
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Marc
"close to U of D campus"
We stayed at this hotel while touring the U of Delaware ; easy walk to campus ; very friendly staff. Only complaint is the size of the exercise room, basically a large storage closet.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Best hotel I've been to in Delaware"
Beautiful...clean...friendly and helpful staff. I was pleasantly surprised.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Blue Hen's Fan
"Excellent for University of Delaware Visitors"
This is an excellent choice for anyone visiting a child, relative or friend at the University of Delaware. It is at the south end of the campus and is about a mile from the Welcome Center. The room was clean and well appointed with all the expected amenities. A large part of the staff is made up of UD students who will go above and beyond to meet your every need. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the University of Delaware.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Ed
Very nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The room was too warm the and the AC did not work.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Ken
"Nice and convenient."
Pleasant, helpful staff. Nice hotel and very convenient when visiting U of Delaware.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"A peaceful night sleep"
Everything was quite pleasant and clean, the staff were helpful and polite. Acquaintances stayed at another hotel and had a problem with bedbugs I am trained to look for bedbugs before I do anything else in a hotel room. I have never had a problem with a Marriott room. Keep up the good work and I will keep coming back to Marriott.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"Hard to find, surprisingly bad service"
The hotel is good. But only after you find it - what is not so easy. Navigation system said "you are arrived" and we see the sign with hotel name pointed to another road with several similar seen buildings and parkings. Which building is ours? No any text "Mariott" on any of them. We drove from one to another to find ours - over-and-over several times. At the and I found the hotel name on the door mate!!! The entrance has no any other indication that is is the Mariott! As I said, the room was good and clean - no any problem. The problems we had on the next day with the breakfest. We have prepaid breakfest (important) - but there was no buffet but the bar. You must order the meal you need. We ordered some, sign that paper that we do that with incl. our room number. And during check-out the reception woman said we must pay for the breakfest! She saw that we have stay including breakfest, but after call to the bar said "you eat to much (!) for the breakfest and not what is included in free breakfest (!)" I heard this for the first time in my life. Nobody asks us do we have a prepaid breakfest and I assumed everybody has prepaid. Now I will just avoid Marriott.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"Great hotel after having surgery"
My wife just had surgery that day so the room was spacious and accommodating. The dinner we ordered from room service was very good. Amenities were great
Other trip Sep 26, 2013