All hotels in Kennebunkport, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here59 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME, 04046, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

Loved the "motel" aspect of it and the private outdoor space. Also loved the style of the room and the view-real boaters place! Our only complaint is that the quality of the kayaks and especially their paddles was poor. We turned around and got our money back ( with no trouble,which was nice). Would definitely return!
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Yachtsman Lodge & Marina

"Best location"
04/17/15 Debbie C Kennebunkport, Maine
Fabulous location right on the harbor. Rooms were better then expected. Don't judge a book by it's cover, rooms are very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was fabulous and service was exceptional. Free bike rentals. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the internet. For the price, internet should be fast and available in all rooms. They said they would be upgrading, so hopefully next stay will be a five star stay!
"Wonderful Local Place"
03/02/15 smerfette New York City, New York
Don't judge a book by its cover! The outside isn't much but the interiors are well appointed. Rooms are large and comfortable. Love the deck and outdoor space, it's a great view to wake up to. Simple breakfast spread is available every morning. They're pet friendly! They had a pet bed, bowl and a treat setup for my pup upon arrival. Location is convenient, close to the busy part of town. Internet is free but spotty. The room we stayed in didn't really have internet. Rooms closer to the reception may be better.
"I love this place!"
12/18/14 Amanda B Nashville, Tennessee
I booked a room during Christmas Prelude. I was not expecting such a phenomenal place. This place is great. There were two women I encountered who are running the place. Both were absolutely the best. I am horrible with names but a lady was in the breakfast room every morning making waffles, upon request, and she is retired coast guard. She is very knowledgeable about the area and she normally runs the marina when open. What a rare find this lady is. The property is very pet friendly although we didn't bring a pet. The room was clean and spacious - king with a sofa bed (sofa bed was so hard that our daughter slept with us). There was a lot of privacy from the bathroom, a Keurig, hairdryer, fridge - everything you needed and more. It was cleaned everyday, towels replenished and nothing bothered. The breakfast consisted of waffles, pastries baked daily, meats, cheeses, quiche, coffee, juices, etc. They have fresh cookies in the early afternoon. Ending the day is crackers, cheese and wine until dinner time. All were fantastic and such a nice extra. The property is within walking distance to town. It is dark at night so I second the flashlight as another poster suggested. I love how the staff were helpful but not overly friendly, which I am not a fan of. She remembered me at checkout and I didn't have to give her any information which was nice. It is a fabulous place with nice extra touches. Don't expect the Mandarian but do expect a nice local place to stay that is clean and close to everything. I can only imagine in the summer this is totally the place to be. I love how every room has a great view and a private patio.
"excellent all-around"
12/14/14 Robert R Boston, Massachusetts
Went to the Christmas Prelude and found this gem. From the outside it does not look like much (particularly in winter when the boats are not in the water behind it, the awnings are not up and it is dark). In fact it looks at first glance in the winter like some 50s strip hotel. Nothing could be further from the truth, Wonderful remodeled rooms (so maybe it was a 50s hotel at some point!) and I found out from locals that it is one of the nicer places around. I agree. The rooms were new, clean, high end and the staff was friendly and helpful. It even came with a wine and cheese in the afternoon and a breakfast the next day both of which were excellent and well presented and definitely not a bunch of pre-packaged pastries. I guess in the summer it is the place to be, right down the street from former president bush's house (he parks his boat here I understand). Its is not in the center of town, but only a few blocks - no need to bring a car to town, though (and I thought the trolley went by one time), It is an easy walk, even in winter. One suggestion- bring a flashlight if it is in the winter at night - the sidewalk to it can get a little uneven, but it is really just a short walk. Absolutely no reason not to stay here unless you really want to be in the center of town (and pay much higher prices). Will definitely be staying here again.
"Lovely room"
11/21/14 Anne B
Friday, 11/21/2014... Lovely room with French doors leading to the deck and water. Linens new. Beautifully decorated. Friendly desk clerk. Port and red wine with cheese and crackers on arrival. What's not to like! Enjoy!
"Beautiful area & views in Kennebunkport, ME"
11/19/14 dale_jr_88-2008 dickinson, nd
We stayed at Yachtsman Lodge in Kennebunkport, ME the first week in September. Was the first time we took a trip to the east coast and it was a really good vacation. We stayed 7 nights and the service was very good. The room was clean and bed was comfortable and always cleaned the room. This motel is very close to the dowtown area so we were able to walk and enjoy the sites. Breakfast was served every morning and had a good variety to choose from. The nights were a little chilly but enjoyed just sitting out on the patio watching the tide go in and out along with the boats. Would recommend this area to anyone that is looking for a nice and relaxing place to go to.
11/11/14 Mjp128 Boston, Massachusetts
We were a bit limited on lodging since we prefer to have our yellow lab along with us whenever possible. That's how we found this absolute gem of a property. Each room is waterfront, and looking out to the marina and the boats is absolutely so peaceful. We even had the Secret Service yachts right outside our door. Rooms are modern, clean and have the most wonderful bedding and pillows! The rooms are large enough and the staff is so friendly and kind ... the staff is more service oriented than most larger hotels I've stayed in. It's a perfect blend of quality, high end room with the small Inn charm! They offer a light breakfast each morning and it's always fresh and simple! Nothing to complain about at this property. We look forward to returning for years to come! Thank you for taking such pride!
"Fantastic views onto the waterfront"
11/09/14 Janandguy York
Fantastic location, the Lodge is just far enough away from Kennebunkport to be able to walk in and try the lobsters at the "Clam Shack". The view from the patio doors was stunning in the sunshine. The breakfast was as expected for the continental type, but the social hours of brandy, port and cheese and biscuits was super. Great value for money,
"Very Nice Motor Inn Style Getaway"
11/03/14 Cathy C Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This is an on the water, old fashioned Motor Inn style hotel. You park outside your room, it is all on one floor. The rooms are very clean, but fairly small. The best part is the 'open to the breakwater' sliding doors and sitting area outside each room. Nice to sit and have a cocktails and watch the boats go by. Some may be interested to know the Bushes secret service boats are docked here, if you are in room 15 you will see them docked outside your room. And may see the secret service coming and going. They serve a wide variety Continental style breakfast which is nice. There is a sitting areas inside and out for the breakfast. Newspapers provided. Sound proof is good, you can showers but not voices from other rooms. When it rains it pounds on the roof! I've stayed here several times and don't know any of the staff which is unusal, it's just not that type of place. You only see staff at check in and out. A bit overpriced for what is offered, compared to the amenities at other Kennebunkport locations, that's just my opinion. You are clearly paying to sit on the water on your patio. We last stayed in July 2013 and several other times before that. WE've traveled as a family and as a couple
"Great location...Room location wasn't great"
10/22/14 KandHThordarson Oregon City, Oregon
We staid here on our trip through Vermont and Maine and enjoyed it for the most part. The location is nice, just a short distance outside of town and the marine on the back is a very nice backdrop. The issue we had is that we were placed in room 17 that shared a wall with the common area where breakfast is served as well as snacks. We may as well have been in the room, it kept my wife up late into the night and early in the morning when they prepared breakfast. There was also a constant ticking noise in the wall whenever someone in another room ran their water, not sure exactly what it was but it happened throughout the night and kept my wife awake as well.