All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
235 Richland Avenue West, Aiken, SC, 29801, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
Bar in the parking lot. Really loud at night or should I say at 2 am to about 4 am. There was also parking issues, since the bar shares the parking lot. Room was clean, bed was O.K. (squeeked). Convenient location, but the noise is rather disturbing. Breakfast was fine (the water for tea was luke warm).
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
M. Sumner
"Hotel was not was the pictures showed."
We had to circle around about 6-8 times just to park a block away from hotel. Then our room was in an alley that had a horrible view. I did not feel safe so I canceled my stay and went to another hotel.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Overall decent"
Hotel Aiken is in need of multiple cosmetic repairs, clearer messaging on advertisements, and stronger leadership for staff members. In general, one gets the impression of a motel stay rather than a hotel stay. However, the location is perfect and the historic building is cool. This was our second stay - the last visit being about a year ago and no real improvements had been made. It is fine to stay here and we will probably go again because of the convenience-just don't have high expectations- this is a no frills kind of place.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
RJ
"Perfect location, less than perfect hotel."
The Aiken Hotel is in the absolute perfect location for this lovely little town. It is in the middle of the downtown district with lots of restaurant, bars and shopping all within one block of travel in any direction. Once you arrive you do not have to get into your car again. However, the physical facilities take away from what would be a great experience. The rooms/lobby are getting worn and in need of a remodel. The current management/owners appear to be not replacing worn items as needed and trying to get by as cheap as possible. Example; on day one I reported a toilet tank leaking due to cracks in the old tank, their fix was to drain it and calk it. This is not an approved plumbing practice and does not work. It kept leaking and I reported each day I was in the hotel. After several days they advised they would get around to fixing it when I left. I was at the hotel for 6 days and had to turn the toilet water on each time I needed to use it, then turn it off when I was finished to not flood the room. What a pain that was. Be aware that the least expense room is in an old motel they own across an ally from the hotel. They are upfront about this but the condition will set you back on your heals.
6 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
"First time stay"
I thought this location was great. It was right in the heart of downtown. They have three bars/restaurants inside the hotel. The service had a small town charm. The rooms are dated, but it's an old town, so yes that is expected. I thought they were very clean and the beds were really comfortable. It's inexpensive too.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"My room was not available...at all."
Can't say anything! My reservation was not honored because they had no rooms left.!
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Heart of the action"
we didn`t want cookie-cutter and wanted to walk around the actual village with restaurants and shops. Great location, rooms a little dated but great price. Also karaoke and food was great. would stay again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
ellen
"Great time in Aiken!"
We enjoyed our visit to Aiken. Aiken is a great place to visit, and this is the best place to stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2014
"Extremely comfortable and quaint hotel"
I will definetly return to the Hotel Aiken the next time I'm in the area. The downtown location was very convenient to many resturants and downtown shopping. I would highly recommend the Hotel Aiken to all of my friends and associates.
1 night trip Jan 21, 2014
"Great Location."
Aiken Hotel is in the perfect location to enjoy downtown. It also had a real nice lounge/bar. The staff was wonderful. The bartenders were hilarious. After 12 the lounge turns into a club. Had a great time. The Hotel is historic and needs restoration. Rooms were comfortable, clean but needs updating. We rented the suite and was suprised there was no microwave, no refridgerator.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
Enjoyed. Staff was very polite and helpful. Convenient.... right in the heart of Downtown Aiken. Wonderful shops, cafe's, atmosphere. Great place for a quiet getaway at affordable rates.
3 night trip Dec 12, 2013
"Heart of downtown but a little run down."
It was okay for it's conveniences to being in the heart of the little downtown area. Near some restaurants and attached to two of the most popular bars in Aiken. The hotel is very old, so it was a little dingy. For a cheap price, what can you expect. So the pictures are a little misleading.
2 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
Picturethissoul
"think first"
We will not stay there again looks good from outside.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
keisha
"Only staid one night."
Room came with two free drinks, bar was nice had indoor and outdoor seating. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Late check-in. Room and Bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"BREAKFAST"
The hotel is great but the breakfast should more fitting with the hotels age. A continental was disappointing to say the least. I expected a sit down with a full kitchen breakfast.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
doug s
Very nice place to stay and friendly staff, however, the amount of trash surrounding the building particularly the parking lot was a big turnoff: broken beer bottles, rubber gloves, used q tips.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Sandy
"Nice hotel, downtown Aiken, SC"
Checked in and staff were very, very nice and accommodating. It was a Tuesday, so not real busy. They told us they upgraded our room to a king. It was very nice and clean on second floor.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Albert
"Nice Stay in Aiken"
Old Hotel with charm. Aiken was a one night stay for us on long trip. Very nice staff were accomadating. Free upgrade to larger room for us. Stayed inside the Hotel. Hallway floors a little warped, added to old charm. We enjoyed the clean rooms and updated bedding. Slept great. The town is fun and has nightlife that ends around 9 p.m.. The hotel has nice bars with character.Breakfast was very good to start the day. We would stay again. Town is nice and has many trees. Great Short stay.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
Greg
"Charming with minor quirks"
Hotel is very old but charming. Elevator could only be operated by front desk staff but, for us, that was no problem. Our only complaint would be the room bathrooms and hallways in the main building have no ventilation or cooling systems and were stuffy. We were happy with the drink vouchers for the bar and the complimentary breakfast was as expected. Overall a great deal for the money.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Very nice service. Quaint.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
shirle
"Fun Hotel with great local music in the bar"
Pleasantly surprised by the friendly scene in the hotel bars. Great live music- a pleasant surprise. Room was comfortable and clean - even if the floor was slanted. Breakfast was a disappointment - they didn't keep the buffet hot. Cold eggs! Hotel need updating but I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Party hotel"
Two bars surround it. They party till 2am
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
DG
"In dire need of paint & new carpets"
The lobby, stairways and hallways are extremely run down. The carpet is so worn you can see the carpet backing. I crawled underneath the desk to plug in my laptop & found a thick layer of dust on the baseboards & wall outlets. Thankfully the bathroom looked clean & recently renovated.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Mei
I didn't feel clean nor safe being in my room OUTSIDE the main hotel.... Men drinking and smoking... It was very dated... Good location if you are interested in touring the area.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
ANGELINE
"Great Place to Stay"
Located in walking distance to everything, Aiken Hotel offers a great accommodation and a great value. Staff is always helpful and breakfast is good.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"Nice old hotel, close to down town"
The hotel is called the party hotel, three bars, good drinks, food and lots to do. The hotel is older so the elevator is dated back too 1950 where you will needs someone to operate it for you. We used the steps to the third floor every day. The complimentary breakfast was not up to par to other hotels, we found a little place around the comer that had multiple coffees and lot of good food.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Ray
"A real piece of living history...."
How many times can you say you've stayed in 115 year old hotel? It does feel like you are stepping back in time but with modern conveniences. True, the place is not up to high standards as more modern hotels, but truly the ambience of the place is undeniable. The beds were comfortable. The bath sufficient. You had to go to front desk for ice. There was no mini fridge in my room.My room had a ceiling fan (blades were dust-free) and a wallmounted HVAC units... I could never get the hang of working the unit but was comfortable nonetheless. There is a working hand operated elevator for the main building, which is worth a try. If you have bad knees or ambulatory problems, you may want to go for the lower level courtyard rooms. It is in the heart of the beautiful city of Aiken, SC. There are several eateries that will deliver (something other than pizza) to your room. I did not eat breakfast there, but did have a sandwich and fries from the Polo Tavern located in the hotel. The fries were to die for, thickly cut from real potatos. I will stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.
4 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Melody
"Charming Hotel, Great Location!"
Upon first walking in to the hotel I questioned by decision to stay there since it appeared quite old. However, the receptionist was quite friendly, the hotel has three on-site restaurants, and the rooms are nicely updated and modern. What I originally saw as old and out dated is in fact quite charming and feels like you're walking into a piece of history. The hotel has kept the original look and feel of the hotel from the entrance to the elevator to the hallways but once you enter your room you're right back to the current time. The location is fantastic and close to quite a few nice restaurants. I was able to walk to the Bowery and Malia's while I was there and highly recommend both establishments.
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2013
Nathan
"southern charm"
classic southern charm,comfortable,well kept in center of town just lovely.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2013
cindy
It was wonderful and very convenient to my meeting the next morning. The staff was very friendly and I will definitely be staying again on my next visit.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
Sheila Foster
"Wont go back"
Pictures on wed site are VERY deceiving, not just a little but by a mile. We were very disappointed, room was poorly maintained. Blanks had burn marks all over them, Im glad I brought our own sheets and blanks. This is a place I would not go back to, or send my friends too..
2 night trip May 25, 2013
Wrona
"A+ grade on Location- F on Condition"
The hotel condition definitely trumps the great location. I'll make the driving trade off the next time I stay in the area! In desperate need of a renovation. Courteous service can offset the poor accommodations only so much.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
Kenny
"WTG"
This was a very unique hotel. The elevator, staff, bars were so NEAT!!! I will stay there again.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
A little run-down; however, folks were most pleasant and the breakfast was very good.
1 night trip May 19, 2013
"Good to see Aiken again"
I was pleased with the Hotel Aiken
1 night trip May 17, 2013
Very convenient downtown location makes it easy to walk to shopping and history museums. Rooms were a little tired (well worn, cheaply adorned) so picky folks may not be happy but the staff was friendly and the local restaurants and watering holes accommodating. I enjoyed the college baseball broadcast on the wall of the patio bar.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"great stay"
We had a great stay and no complaints. The staff was friendly and the hotel is well kept while still holding a rich history.
Other trip May 19, 2013
I actually grew up in Aiken and know this hotel well. I stayed here because of a family funeral and wanting my own space. I no longer live in Aiken though. The bar on any given night is fairly crowded (that is good) but they really need to do some work to clean up the outside area of the bar. There needs to be a bit more pride about it. The backside of the hotel really needs some reconditioning (the bar is partially out back) My room was comfortable and had some work done recently but they forgot to put a new door up, it was very beat up and the veneer was pulling away from it. The hardwoods didn't quite make it to the corner in part of the room as well. The flatscreen TV is nice but a 26" is rather small for the large room. Room could have been a bit cleaner. Found random hairs on the sink (not mine as I have short hair)Price was ok...during an off week you would expect a bit better. Location is perfect for any event downtown. The AM breakfast was ok but some major work really needs to happen in the dining room. It was very hodge podge with random tables placed about.
1 night trip May 12, 2013
"Hotel Aiken"
Great value in downtown Aiken. Very close to all the nightlife. Downstairs bar was nice. Overall would return.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
"lovely historic hotel"
Charming hotel has lovely lobby. There is a charming antique staff operated elevator with a brass grill. Rooms have nice furniture and comfortable beds and a nice view of a tree lined street
1 night business trip May 2, 2013
anr
Older hotel. Manual elevator. Creaky floors/stairs. Not an emphasis on clean. Great for single business travelers who want to be downtown and don't mind noise.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2013
"Great value, great location."
Everything was just fine.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2013
"Great classic hotel"
Stayed one night as I was attending Masters. Hotel is in a perfect spot right in town close to many amenities and restaurants a few steps from hotel. Hotel was built in 1898 and apparently rennovated in 2001. I loved the character of the hotel and the pictures on the walls were amazing - 1934 1st Masters group, hotel from early 30's. One elevator that is manually operated all gave charm and character to the hotel. Room was big, well furnished and comfortable. Everyone was very nice, great service and value. Our stay included two free drink coupons (which we gave away) and breakfast - which was decent. They have a few bars in the lobby that play live music on the weekends, so you have to be aware of where you're room is located if you're an early bed person, but I loved the place and would recommend to anyone - not sure if kid friendly, but adults for sure. Great stay.
1 night trip with friends Apr 13, 2013
Vance
This is our second stay and have already booked our stay for a few days in June. I love this location as it is close to great antique shops, downtown stores and great restaurants. Our favorite place to stop is Aiken Brewery. Staff is always helpful and friendly. Room clean and quiet. Great bars on site as well. Definitely recommend. Not fancy but quaint.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013
Id stay again
3 night business trip Mar 14, 2013
E.Bowie
"perfect location"
great value for money but we must consider that the hotel is of a certain age and was constructed to cater for customers when values were different.Take everything into account and it is great value for money.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2013
ACH
"Great Place to Stay"
Staff is friendly, Rooms are clean and walking distance to many things.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2013
"A good value"
I was pleasantly surprised by the value. Hot breakfast was included. Very fast good wi-fi was included. Coupons for free wine and beer in three hotel restaurant watering-holes were provided. Room is a standard hotel room with plenty of space. Extras like microwave, fridge, ironing board, and a real desk with rolling chair were present. Shampoos, soaps, and lotions and plenty of linens were presented. Only issue was those people using their free drink coupons got very happy and loud much of the night both nights. It didn't ruin my day or night. Life is life.
2 night business trip Feb 22, 2013
"Loved It"
Great place to stay. Staff very acomidating and you can not beat the location.
1 night trip Jan 8, 2013
"Excellent Hotel!"
Always a pleasure to stay here.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2012