All hotels in Moran, Wyoming, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here11 Miles North Of Moran Jct, Highway 89, Moran, WY, 83013, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"ugh"
I had a change of plans in the last minute, so I booked a second night separately. I asked at the check in if I could keep the same room both nights and was told that it should not be a problem. so after two nights when I was checking out, the lady told me thatI caused them a lot of headache because I didn't check out, and that they charged my credit card for an extra night. but both nights were already paid for. I had to ask why I had to pay for three nights of stay when I only stayed two nights for her to even think to cancel the extra night's stay on my credit card. and if they had an issue with my not checking out after first night, why didn't they at least call me to ask about it? all in all, check/in and check-out process did not go smoothly, rooms were kinda dirty, running water in the bathroom sink was cloudy, and it was a way overpriced.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
smy
"I didn't want to leave!"
My friend and I just returned from our road trip from Oregon to Idaho to Montana, Glacier National Park, down and over to West Yellowstone then down to Colter Bay Village in Wyoming. When we arrived at our cabin, we were very happy when we went inside. The cabin was roomy with comfortable beds. We felt so cozy and happy there we wished it was our home. But, unfortunately, the only had a 3 night limit. The next day we headed slowly south through the The Grand Teton Naiional Park down to Jackson. Then through Idaho and back to Oregon. Out of all 11 nights that we stayed at cabins and motels, Colter Bay Village Cabins was most definitely the best room we had. It was actually one of the most enjoyable places I have ever stayed in.
1 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2014
Cindy W.
"What we were looking for...but"
We were there on the last night of the season. Everything was closing down which we weren't aware until we went to the restaurant. Our server was exceptional but the cabin could have been cleaner. All in all it was what we were looking for...no TV..no cell phone...quite!
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Laurie
"Ideal for a trip with friends and family!"
Stayed there for a night on our way to Yellowstone through Grand Teton. This place was awesome! Would recommend it to anyone!
1 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2014
Rito
"Beautiful place"
Rooms were rustic which was great. Very quiet . Beds were soft and Sind in the middle and heater was quite noisy but the staff was great the place was beautiful so made up for the beds
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
Sherie
"Rustic"
Booked as a one bedroom, wrong, this was a one room with bathroom. One small heater in the room. small bathroom without heat, stall shower okay but hot water for 2 short showers only. Room set up with 2 double beds and one twin bed, 3 wall lamps, 1 floor lamp, chairs and tables, linen, soap dispensers, that is all.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
CV
Paradise
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Rustic relaxation"
Part of Grand Tetons Park- rustic cabins over 100 yrs old. A trip back in time But with all the necessary comforts...kids would love this. Took the breakfast boat cruise to Elk Island-never had a better breakfast, especially when your breakfast table is an outdoors front row seat to the Teton range!! Nice restauant, bar, gift shop, convenience store. Don't miss this lovely rustic nature resort!!
1 night family trip Sep 7, 2014
CKay
"Beautiful getaway"
Warm & cozy cabin, nice restaurant on-premises, great places to stroll. Colter Bay is a lovely choice for anyone in the Teton-Yellowstone area.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
DuoStay
"Rustic Yellowstone accommodations"
Very Yellowstone(e) but clean and very roomy. No TV (not a big deal) or phone (which worried me since cell phones did not work either so not sure how to get in touch with anyone if there is a problem or emergency). Log cabin that we got to in the dark so it was a little hard to get acclimated from the outside. But, it was comfortable and clean which are the main things.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Sheryl
"Comfortable cute cabin"
Wonderful, cozy, cute cabin. Staff was amazing. Worth it to have a hot shower and warm, comfortable bed after hiking in the park.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Over rated"
Too pricey for what you get. Yada yada yada.Yada yada yadaYada yada yada.Yada yada yada.Yada yada yada.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Camper
"Getting there"
I do wish the promotional materials for this place used "Colter Bay" rather than "Colter Bay Village." It is a group of cabins, i.e. a "village", on Colter Bay. The road signs are only for "Colter Bay." I'm sure everything is clear for those who live and work there, but were not for this traveler. The cabin was fine.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
not much to do because of rain. no tv, no internet and no cell coverage.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Pretty location but no heat, restaurant was disapp"
I would only recommend it as a mid summer stay. Cabins were vwery rustic and were but on site from other historic venues.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
We had an enjoyable experience. The hotel was nice in all details and the setting in the mountains was perfect. It also provided a close location to the Parks and Jackson.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Relaxation
"Cabin in the Tetons"
What a great little gem, we booked this last minute not expecting to need to stay in a hotel / cabin. These cabins are a short walk to Jackson lake, a restaurant, general store, hiking trails and all sorts of great recreational facilities. This is a cabin, not a hotel. There is no internet, TV or phone in the room and that's the reason you come to a place like this. What there is, is comfy beds, a hot shower and a roof over your head. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to enjoy the outdoors in the Grand Teton National Park
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
AJ
"Terrific location for Grand Teton activities"
Great location, easy access to other resorts with activities. The Frontier cabin was very spacious with 2 double beds and a twin. The bathroom was small and the shower poorly lit. The facility was clean and well maintained. The restaurant served 3 meals a day which was convenient when leaving early or returning late. Located on a bay of the Jackson lake and place to walk and watch the sunset. There is no coffee pot or hair dryer in the cabin. Ice is located at Guest Services just down the street from the cabin. No AC but the windows open and the heat works, an extra blanket is provided for each bed. I would stay again anytime.
4 night family trip May 31, 2014
"sunset"
Great place to stay to enjoy the great outdoors. Nice cabin, small bathroom with a shower. Great for the purpose of a good nights sleep and going outside to see the beautiful area.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Mad hikers
"Rustic, historic log cabins set among the pines."
The idea sounded great: a log cabin in the woods. I did not realize how much I depend on comfort. Yes, we did have indoor plumbing--1960's basic. Our first night there was their first night of the summer season. The wall heater was not up to warming the place. The second night was better as the heater began to dry the moisture laden air. If I were 40 years younger with kids I would think it was a great adventure. The location was good with a marina, store, nice gift shop, restaurant and gas station plus a Tetons Nat'l park office and museum nearby.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Pris
"Picnic on the lake"
We really enjoyed having a picnic on the lake in the campground picnic area. Also, the General Store had a wide variety of goods to purchase. The cabins were authentic log cabins. Fun.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Right inthe middle of Grand Teton National Park"
Could not make reservation in The Yellow Stone Lodge. So I made a reservation at Colter Bay Marina Resort which turn out to be the best choice, because it only 20 minutes drive from the South entrance. The location is the best in Grand Teton National Park. We can see the bears walk around near the cabin area. The wilderness area is no TV and no internet connection. So bring your lap top and the movie with you. Lovely place for relaxing, boating and driving for the scenery around the Grand Teton.
2 night trip May 22, 2014
Kanchana Sureephong
"Great location, Good price, rustic cabins"
We stayed in a log cabin that was originally built in 1922. Overall, the experience was fine, but it definitely has that "old" feeling - including a musty smell. The bedding appears old as well. The sheets had some small stains on them. I don't believe the rooms have AC, but we did not need that in the spring. Does have a small heating unit that worked well. I would recommend staying here for the amazing location, but not for the quality of the cabins.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Erica
"Great for a Quiet Vacation"
The cabin was clean and comfortable. Location is perfect within Teton National Park with Activity center, marinas and Store nearby. Only flaw I can think of is the marble flooring which tends to get cold in winters. We had to wear socks all the time. Restaurant was way expensive (ordered a Pasta entree which was $20 and totally blah... recommend their Salad bar)
1 night trip with friends May 26, 2014
Hirel
"Beautiful location"
We stayed there for 3 nights. Excellent service. People at the front desk were very helpful and professional. Loved the location. Rooms are rustic, clean and very close to nature. I highly recommend this place!
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Cabin at Colter Bay"
I LOVE the location and the quaint cabins, they're charming and the setting is postcard perfect. We got checked in later (around 9:30 p.m.). In the morning when we were starting to get ready, we discovered that there was no hot water. I found the maintenance crew and let them know. They said they'd fix it and even stopped a little later to let me know the problem was reported the engineering staff and would be taken care of. We got back late after a day in Yellowstone and found that the hot water hadn't been fixed, even though I had reported it more than 12 hours before. I went to the lobby to see about having it fixed or moving (not my first choice). The staff were friendly but having computer issues. They indicated we could move that night but would have to move back the following day. That was unacceptable. After getting moved and settled in, another family tried opening the door, indicating they were assigned that room. We explained that we had to move and we're given the room. In the morning, house-keeping stopped by very early, saying they had us down as having checked out. We weren't ready yet so asked them to come back, which they didn't so our room wasn't made up while we were there. Not the end of the world, but just a hassle
Other trip May 27, 2014
Chad
"Great location. Fun experience."
We loved the cosy--and authentic--cabins. The restaurant on the grounds was very good. And the location on Jackson Lake was perfect.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
D.Gallo
"Good location but disappointed in room"
Very little privacy between walls- could hear activity/conversations in adjoining room. Insufficient electrical outlets and low levels of lighting. Room was clean, convenient parking. Included breakfast which was OK.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Colter Bay"
Nice facility near Jackson Lake that was reasonable.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"Cabins needed definite update"
The entrance at night was dark and we had to use flashlight to find path to cabin. The bathroom was in terrible shape. The tile on floor was damaged and water damage evident everywhere.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
sdown
"Rustic cabin in beautiful setting"
The cabin was rustic but very comfortable. The view and surrounding is what's made it a delight. The accompanying restaurant was excellent
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Nice cabin but the restaurant is a bummer!"
We arrived early and were able to check in which was great! We decided to eat dinner in the restaurant that evening and, after a small wait to be seated, we were not happy with the high prices and the poor quality food. We ended up eating the soup & salad bar, which was just okay. Since we had purchased a "breakfast included" package for two nights, we went to breakfast the next morning and again had to wait even though there were plenty of empty tables available. The food on the breakfast buffet was inedible!! My husband and I didn't go back and threw away the ticket for the next day's breakfast. It is a real shame to have such a wonderful place only to have such a terrible restaurant experience. We ate at the Jackson Lake Lodge and was very pleased.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
Ann
"Peaceful vacation"
I was in need of a peaceful quiet time away & thought this would be the ace. That & I had not been to the Tetons & Yellowstone for 50 years.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
Peggy
"Super friendly staff"
The staff was very flexible and super helpful. We booked this hotel at the end the season not knowing that the lake is being drained every fall. This was the reason why we wanted to check out earlier. It was no problem at all. The staff even assisted us at handling the case with hotels.com. The lake was bad luck. Other than that the hotel was good. The old wooden cabins were exciting. But be aware of that it gets pretty cold in fall nights. You might want to ask for an extra blanket since the heater isn't powerful enough for the spacious cabins.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"not satisfied"
We canceled our stay upon arrival. The cabin had an odor and the entrance way was either muddy or lying water. All the blankets were wool and I'm allergic to wool. There was no cell phone reception and no tv. It should have been stated in the brochure. I was very disappointed.
3 night family trip Sep 15, 2013
judy
"No beach in site!"
Expensive for a 1 room cabin...Cabin was clean and beds were comfortable.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Colter Bay running on empty"
Despite the shock of finding a dried up Colter Bay, with less than scenic views and no possibility of kayaking, for instance, I must admit we enjoyed our rustic stay. The best: the restaurant and general store/gift shop right alongside the cabins. Staff were extremely friendly and competent.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Bean
"Price up, water down but still enjoyed the stay"
We've stayed here before and enjoyed the rustic setting, the ranger-guided boat tour; but this time it seemed that the rates had increased about 50%, the "bay" was totally dry (no boat tour, no rental canoes, etc.). The visitor center, however, had several interesting videos and a ranger walking tour was very informative.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Rustic and charming."
Quiet and comfortable. Cool inside when it was hot outside. Good walking paths to restaurants, visitor center, lake, and convenience and gift store. Rangers helpful. Maid staff nice. Loved being in a rustic, quiet spot in such a busy park!
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"History in the making"
Nice to see old log buildings saved for us to enjoy. Great food and breakfast on site. Really helpful staff.
2 night trip Aug 25, 2013
"Cabin in Grand Teton National Park"
The cabin is located in the Grand Teton National Park. You don't get to see the lake from the room I lived in, but the lake is close enough. All sheets and towels are clean, there is a heater that works properly (since it would be very cold at night even in the summer), the water is hot, and the room is specious enough for the entire family.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Jen
"Short Visit to Yellowstone and Grand Teton Parks"
We checked in later in the evening. We had driven from the lower end of Yellowstone Park. It takes longer to get places in the park due to slower speed limits. I did not like that I would be charged on my credit credit/debit card for incidentals and would be credited back at a later date if there were none. The room was sufficent for our needs. The lighting in the room was poor, which I had seen that in other reviews. The bathroom could use some extra counter space. It was difficult when trying to get prepared for the day. There was no where to set all of the items we needed handy for getting ready for the day. Other than that there was plenty of space in the room. It was quiet and we were able to rest for the next day.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"06-12-13 four night stay"
Cabin was large and comfortable for 4 people. Facility had all we needed for a National Park visit.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Very nice area and comfortable cabin..
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
"Tetons"
Loved it
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2013
"Big cabins, great location"
The cabins have a good size. We got 2 for 5 people, but could have probably all fit in one of them. The views of Teton from the picnic area are breathtaking. Breakfast is not the best; all seemed old or frozen. Still, very decent. Highly recommended.
5 night family trip Jun 2, 2013
Ivan
"Colter Bay Rustic Cabins"
If you are used to being pampered, this is not for you. But we fell in love with our historic log cabin and the entire experience. It was comfortable, convenient and charming. Very cool!
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2013
Alan
"Nice spot!"
A good place to stay either for an overnight sojourn or an extended getaway. I wish I had more time to stay, explore and participate in the activities. Really peaceful and picturesque setting.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Our stay at Colter Bay Village was great! We booked our cabin only one day before we arrived. The price was reasonable too.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
Brent
"Rustic cabin with no Wifi and no TV"
The cabin was very old with almost no comforts. No Wifi, no TV, etc. I actually liked it but my wife was not impressed. We left a day early because she did not like sleeping here.
3 night trip May 30, 2013