All hotels in Atascadero, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6005 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA, 93422, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Hotel maintenance"
This hotel needs new shower heads in the rooms. This would not only save water, but also improve the showering experience. I've stayed in 4 different rooms here.
1 night family trip May 4, 2015
Pamela
"Great place to stay."
The hotel was beautiful and the staff were all courteous and helpful.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Jody
"Carlton"
Lovely hotel! A real gem. Just too bad the restaurant has closed. Very disappointing that the Hitels.com site and confirmation indicated a complimentary breakfast was included but it was not. The had coffee and donuts in the lobby all day.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Wedding"
Fantastic very accommodating beautiful hotel
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Really nice place"
Really liked this hotel. The only catch was that the reservation said that they serve breakfast, but they do not. Not sure if it is hotel or Hotels.com who messed up
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Luxurious accommodations, friendly, charming!"
A really comfortable, beautiful and charming hotel from the 1920 s, renovated with all the modern luxuries. Spacious rooms, large marble bathrooms and a staff that could not be friendlier or more helpful. And it sits in the middle of beautiful San Luis Obispo county with great wineries, the Hearst Castle, beautiful beaches on a scenic coastline and much more.
3 night trip with friends Mar 31, 2015
alan
"Recently Renovated...Beautiful Hotel!"
They have renovated the Hotel recently and it is very comfortable and we loved the size of the rooms much larger than most hotels which makes it extra comfortable!
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
"Fantastic."
Fantastic place. The décor exceeded my expectations. Felt like a boutique hotel in a major city. The deluxe room was spacious. The bathroom was large and had a Jacuzzi tub. The location was close enough to Paso Robles that the tour group picked us up. Only slight hiccup was the restaurant has closed permanently. Breakfast coffee and Danish were complimentary. I was told they are getting an on site café in April 2015. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Great hotel, bad shower."
Great hotel in a nice little area, actually loved the bed (very comfortable). However, the shower was in pretty bad condition and the water stream was very poor. I'm only docking the hotel for their shower situation.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Zach
"Classy Hotel"
This hotel is like going back in time. Very lovely. Disappointed the restaurant was closed, but otherwise had a very nice stay. Loved the bathtub. It was a Hugh bathroom, also loved the Kurig coffee machine in the room.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Margie
"Comfort is Found at The Carlton"
The Carlton Hotel is quaint, quiet and comfortable, if a tad frumpy, like a grandma's house. The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfy. All that's lacking is a functioning restaurant in the shuttered, ground level dining room. I would love to return to find an interesting gastropub, or some such, appealing to locals and visitors, alike. Thankfully. there are a few places to eat/drink within walking distance.
3 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
Fred
"Pleasantly surprised"
Although the building is old, we were so surprised to see a beautifully renovated hotel. The wood is gorgeous. My only disappointment wa the not so soft towels, however, we plan to return in the fall.
3 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Angelina M.
"Great stay for a beer budget!"
Great stay for the price! An opportunity to have a bit of a 4 star hotel experience on a beer budget.
2 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
"Loved It"
beautiful accommodations! Wonderful staff ! I love the Carlton !!!!
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"A 5 star Gem for 3 star pricing"
A gem of a Hotel - 5 Stars worth of investment in top quality materials, design, and Luxury. Boutique style so amenities are slim and the Hotels beautiful bar and Restaurant need a tenant but the rooms and Hotel itself are a great value - 5 star accommodations for 3 star pricing. Area has a great restaurant next door and two wine tasting bars - otherwise the city needs some investment influx to match this hotel.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Theodore
"Amazing. You must stay here"
Amazing hotel with beautiful rooms. Everything was amazing from the decor to the tub to the large room.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Lara
"great stay"
The hotel staff were more than polite and helpful. The hotel was very nice and we enjoyed out stay. The only reason I can't give it a 5, is because around 9pm some one was trying to use a key to get into our room. When I asked them if I can help them, they said "oh, we didn't know the room was occupied" the fact they didn't say wrong room, let's me know it was either hotel staff or friends of staff thinking they had a room to hang out in. When I brought to the front desk attention they tried to tell me it was probably a drunk guest. I don't buy that, but lucky my room was dead bolted shut because had they got in with my wife and son sleeping, I'd be typing my jail cell review.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Two great stays"
This is a wonderful hotel with very nice large rooms, but both rooms we stayed in (about 10 days apart) need new slower heads. A small restaurant will open soon we were told.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Pamela
"Over Nice and Under Priced!"
Stayed here midweek -- apparently they have great midweek rates? Either way.. $110 was my rate, and I felt like I was staying in a room that could easily command $250-300/night. Mind you, I'd have never stayed here as that room rate wouldn't be in my budget, but I was exceptionally impressed. This is a historic hotel, but many modern updates. FAST WiFi! WOOT! Ethernet in room. A night stand converted to be functional with Ethernet and outlet plugs for charging cell phones or connecting laptops. Beds were UBER comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. Sheets were like silk. A huge Jacuzzi tub in room and separate shower enclosure. Got a Kuerig coffee maker at home? Bring your favorite k-cups, as there's a personal machine in your room. Great front desk service. Fantastic place. The *only* complaint I could leave is with the hotel. CRT? Really?? You get so much right, why leave these ancient relics around here? Alas, I didn't bother even turning them on. I must say, I'm overwhelming satisfied with my stay.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Christopher
"I still love The Carlton"
The rooms are lovely and well appointed. I wish someone would lease the restaurant and coffee shop space, but I just walked to a quaint local spot across the street. I've stayed here 3 times over the years, and will be back. By the way, I discovered the workout room, and it was also clean, with a nice selection of equipment. Don't overlook this gem...you will have peace and quiet, a beautiful room with robes, jacuzzi tubs, super comfy beds, and all in the heart of central coast wine country!
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
"Highly recommended!"
A wonderful hotel with very friendly staff. Highly recommended.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"Great location to stay"
Everything was good except we did not have a microwave in our room had to use the service room one
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
business travel
"Comfortable Luxury with Some Minor Caveats"
Our room was very comfortable and quite luxurious and I would rate our experience here very good. However, there were a few oddities about our Friday night stay in late Janaury. The room was well appointed although lacking in a few things like an iPod player or modern music player. They actually had a CD player in the room! Who uses CDs anymore? And the bathtub jets were not working very well. One of them was not working at all. Also not sure why the phone had a button for room service as none is available here. The hotel was mysteriously quiet like we were the only ones there. I considered this very strange but was not complaining. When I mentioned this to the front desk manager, she assured me that we were not alone. Just a very slow weekend I guess. If you're looking for a hotel with a restaurant you should consider looking elsewhere as their restaurant is closed. I assume due to lack of business as this area of Atascadero is like a ghost town. Every other business seemed to be closed down or vacant.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Alice
"Carleton"
Stayed here several times since wedding several years ago. About halfway between sacramento and santa barbara. Only 10 miles from paso robles. Completely restored historic hotel in downtown atascadero. Close to wineries, golf, hearst castle.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Great place"
An unknown jewel. Very comfortable, reasonably priced get-away resort style hotel. Not much amenities, but very comfortable, and near the wine country of the central coast of California. Beds are very comfortable and the rooms are large and elegant.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Pretty Hotel"
Loved the hotel, will stay again when I can
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Cathy
"My stay at the Carlton Hotel, Atascadero, CA"
My wife, daughter and I recently stayed at the Carlton and the experience really could not have been more enjoyable. Everything was top notch from the friendly, professional staff, to the luxurious room, to the overall ambiance of the hotel, and the accessibility of almost anything you could need just a short walk or drive away. The front desk staff gave us some wonderful recommendations for nearby food and entertainment. The beds were very comfortable with plush linen. The bathtubs were Jacuzzi style for those needing a night a relaxation. And the overall atmosphere of the hotel was historic in nature. It really is a gem embedded in a beautiful town and at a reasonable price at that.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Greg
"Nice Surpirse"
Very surprise on the cleanliness and comfort level of the hotel. I would rate this hotel as a 4* hotel for the room itself. Very spacious. Large and comfy beds. 20 minutes to SLO. Dog friendly.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Cozy hotel on an icy cold night."
The hotel was lovely. The lobby was beautiful. The rooms were clean and in great repair. They were beautifully appointed. The parking is convenient. My only disappointment was that the restaurant that I had peeked into before and gave me the thirst to try the hotel, is closed. There are no nice restaurants close by. Other than that, it was excellent. We will definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"great hotel"
When expedia over booked hotel upgraded us and gave out free wine tasting passes to wineries. Even though it wasn't there fault. Beds are great and private bathrobes.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
dale
"Wonderful!!!"
We have always wanted to stay at The Carlton and it was everything we imagined it would be and more from the desk clerk to the hotel overall and especially the room.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Philip
"very pleasant stay"
overall very pleasant and quiet stay --great location and staff very helpful and efficient
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
tom
"Cenral California Wine Tasting"
We enjoy this hotel a lot. It is a must stay while spending a few days wine tasting. Its got an interior court yard that is like visiting Europe and we love it!!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
"Wow very nice! Can't wait to go back."
This hotel is like a boutique hotel at normal hotel prices. Lots of charm and very nice facilities. The hotel restaurant and bar are closed down, but there are restaurants and bars nearby you can visit. What a great hotel, we cannot wait to go back on our next wine tasting trip.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Romantic room for weary travelers."
Making the road trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles can be a daunting and agitating task when traveling with a significant other. But stopping at a hidden gem called the Carlton put the romance back into "Road Trip". No more long, boring, smelly, constant lane changing drives up and down highway five in our future. More Beautiful scenic cruises next to the the pacific, jacuzzi tubs at the Carlton, and happy travels ahead!!!!
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
R
"Classic Luxury, get it while you can!"
The Carlton Hotel is a Grand Dame Hotel from yesteryear.Built in 1929, we enjoy staying here whenever we can. Classic and regal with lots of marble and dark wood, it has seen better days but it holds up very well. The hotel has an almost "Ghostly" feel because the area is rather depressed and the glory days seem to be long gone. They used to have a wonderful lounge and restaurant which kept the aura lively and perhaps when those assets return - so will the Carlton. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the staff and hotel; they are top notch. Its just I would love to see it back in its glory and I think, soon; it may be poised to do so.
2 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2014
"Quick stop off 101"
Quick stop off 101, but a surprise. Very nice place, well maintained (except for the machines in the fitness room).
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"small town feel"
very nice hotel but needs the restaurant and the bakery filled.
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
"Incredible gem in heart of central coast"
This hotel is incredibly well-appointed and lovely! We had no idea what to expect, and were blown away by how clean and elegant the hotel is, and how everything one would want in a hotel was perfect: in-room Kureg coffee maker; incredibly soft bed, pillows and linens; in-room sitting area, large bathroom! And the staff were great, too! We travel from SF to Santa Barbara coast often and always pick a place to stay somewhere along the central coast wine region. Now that we've found The Carlton, I don't think we'll stay anywhere else. Also... great bakery down the block, and a great cafe and amazing hamburgers are all within a 1-minute walk!
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Joen
Great location for midway stop from Orange County to San Francisco.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"nice hotle"
Super nice staff. Love the ambiance. comfortable room.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Ben
"Second time visiting for weekend"
Let me begin by saying this is a beautiful hotel with very gracious and helpful staff. Our weekend was overall a wonderful time, with many happy experiences. Our room was apparently " upgraded" to one with no mini fridge ( broken, no replacement) and a thermostat with control removed. We had intended to watch a movie but had to wait for a dvd player to be brought in and hooked up , then found it was not compatible with the tv and was useless to us. They were , however, successful in repairing the holder for the hand held shower head so it didn't have to rest on the floor. The thermostat was also rendered functional. The real challenge came on our last morning when the water pressure in the entire hotel failed,( not their fault) thereby preventing showers or toilet flushing from happening. Their maintenance man devised a plan and pressure was restored partially, which was enough for toilets but not showers on the third floor. We checked out with an adjustment made to the charges and I was happy with their gesture. As I said, we still had a great weekend and would stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Debra
"very nice place!"
We had a very nice stay here, local to what we set out to do.
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
alvaro
"LOVE the Carlton!"
We love this hotel. It has been beautifully restored and the rooms are gorgeous!! We stay here whenever we come to this area for wine tasting. Great staff, too!!
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
Robyn
"great hotel...town only so so"
Sleepy town. Too bad the hotel doesn't have a restaurant...have to drive to get dinner anywhere nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"The Carlton:A Jewel in California's belly button!"
The hotel is great, and Lauren, at the desk, was fantastic! She was helpful, personable, and went the extra mile to help me! I love the beautiful old world style, and elegance! I stop by the Carlton each time I go to LA, and soon, I am going to go there purely to stay at the Carlton, and have a relaxing, wonderful time!
1 night trip Oct 27, 2014
Cheryl J
"Paso Robles Wedding"
We had a wedding to attend in Paso Robles. We tried first to find a Hotel close to the wedding venue, but could not find any suitable accommodations that were available that weekend. So we widened the search to include Atascadero, and are happy that we did. The Carlton was only 10 minutes away from where we had to be in Paso Robles. Close to the 101 freeway. I have to say that the Staff were all very nice, very accommodating. We asked if we could check in early, and they were able to accommodate that request. I felt like I knew them before I checked in, friendly and knowledgeable about the area.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Beautiful hotel near Paso Robles wine country"
A beautiful historic hotel, completely renovated for today's comforts. Highly recommend you stay when you are in the Paso Robles country!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"A little bit of luxury."
We truly enjoyed our stay at the beautifully redone hotel! We would stay there again. Wish there were an onsite restaurant, however.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Ann B
"Elegant"
A very posh room for the cost. I felt pampered when all I needed was a bed for one night. A block down the street was a burger joint called Sylvester's which makes very good burgers and beer. One very minor inconvenience: the front desk was not manned at check in or check out and both times I had to hunt for the clerk, but overall a nice stay.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014