All hotels in Atascadero, California, United States of America
6005 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA, 93422, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
Very Comfortable bed and pleasantly surprised overall with hotel. Looking forward to coming back and spending more time exploring the hotel and town.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Pricey But Comfy"
This a great hotel for comfort... There were a couple drawbacks.... After coming in late at night from a long driving day, the town was closed up, and other than vending machines we were surprised to learn that there were no other options for food in the morning which was surprising. A continental breakfast would be the perfect addition to make this the absolute perfect place.... But there was none. Too bad, as they have a beautiful rooftop patio with tables and chairs perfect for for casual dining!! A little pricey for not having any food options. The staff was very courteous, the hotel rooms were amazing in terms of comfort. There was a bar two doors down playing really loud rock and roll.... Which ordinarily I don't mind but at midnight - 1 a.m. after driving all day, it was not pleasant! The comfort level, 5 stars
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Jeri
"big room"
the room was much larger than any standard modern hotel room, or even a springhill suites room. had a small fridge - very nice. super comfortable beds. very large bathroom. nicely appointed. No question I would stay here again over any other standard (non suite) hotel. Cost was same as others.
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Luke J
Wonderful hotel. Stayed here with my daughter while visiting several colleges. Will definitely go back. I was surprised that it only received three stars--it should have been four. The bedroom and bathroom were very nice, spacious, very well-appointed and on par with many four-star hotels I've stayed in. We had a quiet room on the second floor with a french door that opened onto a patio courtyard, where we enjoyed lunch brought in from the excellent place next door.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Quiet town with great finds"
A little gem in Atascadero, beautiful comfy room. Service was great. Travis and Hilda were so helpful, offering local highlights to try out. Try Scotty's , Sylvester's, or the Fig for yummy food.
3 night trip Jun 18, 2015
"True unexpected diamond"
Love this hotel. Attention to detail of the decor is amazing.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Wonderful hotel. Very classy. Would definitely recommend staying here. The staff was very friendly, rooms are large and luxurious.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Great Place"
Really nice place with friendly staff. Would come back to area just to stay there!
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"Fix the Shower Door Bottom Please :)"
Very nice room and clean. Did have trouble with the shower (door completely closed) spraying water through the bottom of the shower door and all over the place - took a lot of towels to clean up!
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"a night at The Carlton"
very beautiful ,clean, and in a great neighborhood. I hope to return.
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
Beautiful hotel. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. And it was so quiet, which made it easy to rest. Very friendly and efficient service. I have stayed here before and will stay here again.
1 night trip May 17, 2015
Rose
"Hotel maintenance"
This hotel needs new shower heads in the rooms. This would not only save water, but also improve the showering experience. I've stayed in 4 different rooms here.
1 night family trip May 4, 2015
Pamela
"Great place to stay."
The hotel was beautiful and the staff were all courteous and helpful.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Jody
"Carlton"
Lovely hotel! A real gem. Just too bad the restaurant has closed. Very disappointing that the Hitels.com site and confirmation indicated a complimentary breakfast was included but it was not. The had coffee and donuts in the lobby all day.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"Wedding"
Fantastic very accommodating beautiful hotel
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Really nice place"
Really liked this hotel. The only catch was that the reservation said that they serve breakfast, but they do not. Not sure if it is hotel or Hotels.com who messed up
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Luxurious accommodations, friendly, charming!"
A really comfortable, beautiful and charming hotel from the 1920 s, renovated with all the modern luxuries. Spacious rooms, large marble bathrooms and a staff that could not be friendlier or more helpful. And it sits in the middle of beautiful San Luis Obispo county with great wineries, the Hearst Castle, beautiful beaches on a scenic coastline and much more.
3 night trip with friends Mar 31, 2015
alan
"Ok"
Hate to rate a hotel just on toilet paper but you can tell when a place is going down hill when they but cheap toilet paper.
"Classy hotel in a great area of town."
Our room was extremely spacious, with one of the fanciest bathrooms I've seem in any room for this price. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and took the time to tell us all about the restaurants in the area, of which there were many. We almost changed our schedule just so we could spend more time here.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Ron
"Beautiful rooms and comfortable"
We have stayed here several time, the rooms are beautifully decorated, elegant, clean and comfortable. Not much to walk to but quiet.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
jassy
"Recently Renovated...Beautiful Hotel!"
They have renovated the Hotel recently and it is very comfortable and we loved the size of the rooms much larger than most hotels which makes it extra comfortable!
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
"Fantastic."
Fantastic place. The décor exceeded my expectations. Felt like a boutique hotel in a major city. The deluxe room was spacious. The bathroom was large and had a Jacuzzi tub. The location was close enough to Paso Robles that the tour group picked us up. Only slight hiccup was the restaurant has closed permanently. Breakfast coffee and Danish were complimentary. I was told they are getting an on site café in April 2015. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Great hotel, bad shower."
Great hotel in a nice little area, actually loved the bed (very comfortable). However, the shower was in pretty bad condition and the water stream was very poor. I'm only docking the hotel for their shower situation.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Zach
"Classy Hotel"
This hotel is like going back in time. Very lovely. Disappointed the restaurant was closed, but otherwise had a very nice stay. Loved the bathtub. It was a Hugh bathroom, also loved the Kurig coffee machine in the room.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Margie
"Comfort is Found at The Carlton"
The Carlton Hotel is quaint, quiet and comfortable, if a tad frumpy, like a grandma's house. The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfy. All that's lacking is a functioning restaurant in the shuttered, ground level dining room. I would love to return to find an interesting gastropub, or some such, appealing to locals and visitors, alike. Thankfully. there are a few places to eat/drink within walking distance.
3 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
Fred
"Pleasantly surprised"
Although the building is old, we were so surprised to see a beautifully renovated hotel. The wood is gorgeous. My only disappointment wa the not so soft towels, however, we plan to return in the fall.
3 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Angelina M.
"Great stay for a beer budget!"
Great stay for the price! An opportunity to have a bit of a 4 star hotel experience on a beer budget.
2 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
"Loved It"
beautiful accommodations! Wonderful staff ! I love the Carlton !!!!
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"A 5 star Gem for 3 star pricing"
A gem of a Hotel - 5 Stars worth of investment in top quality materials, design, and Luxury. Boutique style so amenities are slim and the Hotels beautiful bar and Restaurant need a tenant but the rooms and Hotel itself are a great value - 5 star accommodations for 3 star pricing. Area has a great restaurant next door and two wine tasting bars - otherwise the city needs some investment influx to match this hotel.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Theodore
"Central downtown location."
We enjoyed visiting the little shops near the hotel and the City Hall. We had a late lunch at the Fig which was healthy and delicious, very casual. The next day we found baked goods at Hush Harbor half a block north in a little shopping center. We wanted to lunch at Scotty's BBQ but hours were from 3-8 PM , smelled delicious and will definitely try to catch this BBQ next time.Our hotel room was posh, lovely linens, deep jetted tub, nice shower. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Dianne
"Amazing. You must stay here"
Amazing hotel with beautiful rooms. Everything was amazing from the decor to the tub to the large room.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Lara
"great stay"
The hotel staff were more than polite and helpful. The hotel was very nice and we enjoyed out stay. The only reason I can't give it a 5, is because around 9pm some one was trying to use a key to get into our room. When I asked them if I can help them, they said "oh, we didn't know the room was occupied" the fact they didn't say wrong room, let's me know it was either hotel staff or friends of staff thinking they had a room to hang out in. When I brought to the front desk attention they tried to tell me it was probably a drunk guest. I don't buy that, but lucky my room was dead bolted shut because had they got in with my wife and son sleeping, I'd be typing my jail cell review.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Night clerk directed me to a closed restaurant. Otherwise was very helpful.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Two great stays"
This is a wonderful hotel with very nice large rooms, but both rooms we stayed in (about 10 days apart) need new slower heads. A small restaurant will open soon we were told.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Pamela
"Over Nice and Under Priced!"
Stayed here midweek -- apparently they have great midweek rates? Either way.. $110 was my rate, and I felt like I was staying in a room that could easily command $250-300/night. Mind you, I'd have never stayed here as that room rate wouldn't be in my budget, but I was exceptionally impressed. This is a historic hotel, but many modern updates. FAST WiFi! WOOT! Ethernet in room. A night stand converted to be functional with Ethernet and outlet plugs for charging cell phones or connecting laptops. Beds were UBER comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. Sheets were like silk. A huge Jacuzzi tub in room and separate shower enclosure. Got a Kuerig coffee maker at home? Bring your favorite k-cups, as there's a personal machine in your room. Great front desk service. Fantastic place. The *only* complaint I could leave is with the hotel. CRT? Really?? You get so much right, why leave these ancient relics around here? Alas, I didn't bother even turning them on. I must say, I'm overwhelming satisfied with my stay.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Christopher
"I still love The Carlton"
The rooms are lovely and well appointed. I wish someone would lease the restaurant and coffee shop space, but I just walked to a quaint local spot across the street. I've stayed here 3 times over the years, and will be back. By the way, I discovered the workout room, and it was also clean, with a nice selection of equipment. Don't overlook this gem...you will have peace and quiet, a beautiful room with robes, jacuzzi tubs, super comfy beds, and all in the heart of central coast wine country!
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
"Highly recommended!"
A wonderful hotel with very friendly staff. Highly recommended.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"Great location to stay"
Everything was good except we did not have a microwave in our room had to use the service room one
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
business travel
"Comfortable Luxury with Some Minor Caveats"
Our room was very comfortable and quite luxurious and I would rate our experience here very good. However, there were a few oddities about our Friday night stay in late Janaury. The room was well appointed although lacking in a few things like an iPod player or modern music player. They actually had a CD player in the room! Who uses CDs anymore? And the bathtub jets were not working very well. One of them was not working at all. Also not sure why the phone had a button for room service as none is available here. The hotel was mysteriously quiet like we were the only ones there. I considered this very strange but was not complaining. When I mentioned this to the front desk manager, she assured me that we were not alone. Just a very slow weekend I guess. If you're looking for a hotel with a restaurant you should consider looking elsewhere as their restaurant is closed. I assume due to lack of business as this area of Atascadero is like a ghost town. Every other business seemed to be closed down or vacant.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Alice
"Carleton"
Stayed here several times since wedding several years ago. About halfway between sacramento and santa barbara. Only 10 miles from paso robles. Completely restored historic hotel in downtown atascadero. Close to wineries, golf, hearst castle.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Great place"
An unknown jewel. Very comfortable, reasonably priced get-away resort style hotel. Not much amenities, but very comfortable, and near the wine country of the central coast of California. Beds are very comfortable and the rooms are large and elegant.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Pretty Hotel"
Loved the hotel, will stay again when I can
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Cathy
"My stay at the Carlton Hotel, Atascadero, CA"
My wife, daughter and I recently stayed at the Carlton and the experience really could not have been more enjoyable. Everything was top notch from the friendly, professional staff, to the luxurious room, to the overall ambiance of the hotel, and the accessibility of almost anything you could need just a short walk or drive away. The front desk staff gave us some wonderful recommendations for nearby food and entertainment. The beds were very comfortable with plush linen. The bathtubs were Jacuzzi style for those needing a night a relaxation. And the overall atmosphere of the hotel was historic in nature. It really is a gem embedded in a beautiful town and at a reasonable price at that.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Greg
"Nice Surpirse"
Very surprise on the cleanliness and comfort level of the hotel. I would rate this hotel as a 4* hotel for the room itself. Very spacious. Large and comfy beds. 20 minutes to SLO. Dog friendly.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Cozy hotel on an icy cold night."
The hotel was lovely. The lobby was beautiful. The rooms were clean and in great repair. They were beautifully appointed. The parking is convenient. My only disappointment was that the restaurant that I had peeked into before and gave me the thirst to try the hotel, is closed. There are no nice restaurants close by. Other than that, it was excellent. We will definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"great hotel"
When expedia over booked hotel upgraded us and gave out free wine tasting passes to wineries. Even though it wasn't there fault. Beds are great and private bathrobes.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
dale
"Wonderful!!!"
We have always wanted to stay at The Carlton and it was everything we imagined it would be and more from the desk clerk to the hotel overall and especially the room.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Philip
"very pleasant stay"
overall very pleasant and quiet stay --great location and staff very helpful and efficient
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
tom
"Cenral California Wine Tasting"
We enjoy this hotel a lot. It is a must stay while spending a few days wine tasting. Its got an interior court yard that is like visiting Europe and we love it!!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
"Wow very nice! Can't wait to go back."
This hotel is like a boutique hotel at normal hotel prices. Lots of charm and very nice facilities. The hotel restaurant and bar are closed down, but there are restaurants and bars nearby you can visit. What a great hotel, we cannot wait to go back on our next wine tasting trip.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014