All hotels in Atascadero, California, United States of America
6005 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA, 93422, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"great hotel"
When expedia over booked hotel upgraded us and gave out free wine tasting passes to wineries. Even though it wasn't there fault. Beds are great and private bathrobes.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
dale
"Wonderful!!!"
We have always wanted to stay at The Carlton and it was everything we imagined it would be and more from the desk clerk to the hotel overall and especially the room.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Philip
"very pleasant stay"
overall very pleasant and quiet stay --great location and staff very helpful and efficient
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
tom
"Cenral California Wine Tasting"
We enjoy this hotel a lot. It is a must stay while spending a few days wine tasting. Its got an interior court yard that is like visiting Europe and we love it!!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
"Wow very nice! Can't wait to go back."
This hotel is like a boutique hotel at normal hotel prices. Lots of charm and very nice facilities. The hotel restaurant and bar are closed down, but there are restaurants and bars nearby you can visit. What a great hotel, we cannot wait to go back on our next wine tasting trip.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Romantic room for weary travelers."
Making the road trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles can be a daunting and agitating task when traveling with a significant other. But stopping at a hidden gem called the Carlton put the romance back into "Road Trip". No more long, boring, smelly, constant lane changing drives up and down highway five in our future. More Beautiful scenic cruises next to the the pacific, jacuzzi tubs at the Carlton, and happy travels ahead!!!!
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
R
"Classic Luxury, get it while you can!"
The Carlton Hotel is a Grand Dame Hotel from yesteryear.Built in 1929, we enjoy staying here whenever we can. Classic and regal with lots of marble and dark wood, it has seen better days but it holds up very well. The hotel has an almost "Ghostly" feel because the area is rather depressed and the glory days seem to be long gone. They used to have a wonderful lounge and restaurant which kept the aura lively and perhaps when those assets return - so will the Carlton. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the staff and hotel; they are top notch. Its just I would love to see it back in its glory and I think, soon; it may be poised to do so.
2 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2014
"Quick stop off 101"
Quick stop off 101, but a surprise. Very nice place, well maintained (except for the machines in the fitness room).
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"small town feel"
very nice hotel but needs the restaurant and the bakery filled.
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
"Incredible gem in heart of central coast"
This hotel is incredibly well-appointed and lovely! We had no idea what to expect, and were blown away by how clean and elegant the hotel is, and how everything one would want in a hotel was perfect: in-room Kureg coffee maker; incredibly soft bed, pillows and linens; in-room sitting area, large bathroom! And the staff were great, too! We travel from SF to Santa Barbara coast often and always pick a place to stay somewhere along the central coast wine region. Now that we've found The Carlton, I don't think we'll stay anywhere else. Also... great bakery down the block, and a great cafe and amazing hamburgers are all within a 1-minute walk!
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Joen
Great location for midway stop from Orange County to San Francisco.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"nice hotle"
Super nice staff. Love the ambiance. comfortable room.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Ben
"Second time visiting for weekend"
Let me begin by saying this is a beautiful hotel with very gracious and helpful staff. Our weekend was overall a wonderful time, with many happy experiences. Our room was apparently " upgraded" to one with no mini fridge ( broken, no replacement) and a thermostat with control removed. We had intended to watch a movie but had to wait for a dvd player to be brought in and hooked up , then found it was not compatible with the tv and was useless to us. They were , however, successful in repairing the holder for the hand held shower head so it didn't have to rest on the floor. The thermostat was also rendered functional. The real challenge came on our last morning when the water pressure in the entire hotel failed,( not their fault) thereby preventing showers or toilet flushing from happening. Their maintenance man devised a plan and pressure was restored partially, which was enough for toilets but not showers on the third floor. We checked out with an adjustment made to the charges and I was happy with their gesture. As I said, we still had a great weekend and would stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Debra
"very nice place!"
We had a very nice stay here, local to what we set out to do.
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
alvaro
"LOVE the Carlton!"
We love this hotel. It has been beautifully restored and the rooms are gorgeous!! We stay here whenever we come to this area for wine tasting. Great staff, too!!
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
Robyn
"great hotel...town only so so"
Sleepy town. Too bad the hotel doesn't have a restaurant...have to drive to get dinner anywhere nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"The Carlton:A Jewel in California's belly button!"
The hotel is great, and Lauren, at the desk, was fantastic! She was helpful, personable, and went the extra mile to help me! I love the beautiful old world style, and elegance! I stop by the Carlton each time I go to LA, and soon, I am going to go there purely to stay at the Carlton, and have a relaxing, wonderful time!
1 night trip Oct 27, 2014
Cheryl J
"Paso Robles Wedding"
We had a wedding to attend in Paso Robles. We tried first to find a Hotel close to the wedding venue, but could not find any suitable accommodations that were available that weekend. So we widened the search to include Atascadero, and are happy that we did. The Carlton was only 10 minutes away from where we had to be in Paso Robles. Close to the 101 freeway. I have to say that the Staff were all very nice, very accommodating. We asked if we could check in early, and they were able to accommodate that request. I felt like I knew them before I checked in, friendly and knowledgeable about the area.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Beautiful hotel near Paso Robles wine country"
A beautiful historic hotel, completely renovated for today's comforts. Highly recommend you stay when you are in the Paso Robles country!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"A little bit of luxury."
We truly enjoyed our stay at the beautifully redone hotel! We would stay there again. Wish there were an onsite restaurant, however.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Ann B
"Elegant"
A very posh room for the cost. I felt pampered when all I needed was a bed for one night. A block down the street was a burger joint called Sylvester's which makes very good burgers and beer. One very minor inconvenience: the front desk was not manned at check in or check out and both times I had to hunt for the clerk, but overall a nice stay.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Great Customer Service"
I couldn't stay there due to an accident on the road but the guy at the front desk that night was so helpful when we called him and asked him for alternate routes. When we realized we couldn't make it, we called and cancelled (which was around 2:00 AM) and he didn't give us any trouble and wished us safe travels.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Comfortable and convenient"
Nice rooms in well renovated historic property in a smaller town. Services close by with good access to Paso Robles and SLO. Helpful staff.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Doug
"Quaint and comfortable."
A perfect spot on our way to the winery for our wedding weekend.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
newlyweds
Hotel location is good. No on premises restaurant or bakery café available as shown on hotels.com. Carlton needs to work harder at getting an operator for restaurant and bakery café.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great location / easy on/off fwy"
Enjoyed the hotel. The staff was so friendly. Beautiful old building that they have kept up nicely. Wish they had a restaurant, but understand.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"October 2014"
The Carlton was nice enough. For the money, a few details were lacking. Old school crt tv was not working. Hotel staff did everything they could,but in the end no tv. Shower: half inch gap between shower door and wall. How is this not going to leak onto floor? Funky shower head was barely adjustable. Hotel staff was excellent. But they can only do so much. Sometimes its the little details that make the difference. For this price range,these details should be addressed. Nice,clean,quiet,friendly staff, but not perfect.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Dale
"Beautiful historic hotel"
This is a pet-friendly beautiful hotel with large rooms located in a quaint neighborhood. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. Would highly recommend.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
DANIELLE
"Carlton Hotel"
Wonderful hotel. Only thing I found is they need to improve their mattress. Sloped a bit so had back ache the next day.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
j
"Family overnight stay"
We love the Carlton. It is a beautiful, well-kept hotel with roomy accommodations and an awesome tub with jets. The staff are courteous, friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Rebecca
"Beautiful old-world elegance"
The bedding was unbelievably comfortable... I would returns for the mattresses alone!! Great service, beautiful and charming hotel just minutes from Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Old but good"
Hotel was older but well maintained, bedding and linens excellent.
1 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"What a wonderful night!"
This was the second time I've stayed at the Hotel Carlton and what a wonderful night it was. The bed was super comfortable, the room clean and beautifully decorated. The price was reasonable and the staff was really friendly and helpful. For a great night in Atascadero, the Hotel Carlton is the place to stay!
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Great hotel, really historical and grand!"
It would be great if the exxercise equipment worked and there was a restaurant, but I would definitely stay again, rooms were great size, comfortable, clean, very quiet.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Kelli
"pleasantly surprised"
Beautifully restored hotel with clean, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff and--something you don't usually find even in upscale hotels--wonderful, calming music in the corridors.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Slept well -- just a bit warm"
Arrived a bit late -- very friendly reception. Hotel is a historical gem. Bed was very comfortable. TV & other electronics, dates -- but functional. Bathroom was quite large and very nice. Couldn't quite sort out the air conditioner -- I was a bit warm. My room was on the busy street side, but very quiet.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Decided to stay here based on reviews"
The hotel has been well kept, it is very charming and the room we had was very comfortable. The TV was old but the connection to cable was good. We did enjoy a friendly welcome even though it was quite late. Free parking across the road was good especially as so many hotels charge extra for this these days! The town was very quiet and only limited options for food, this hotel does not have any food service at this time. We enjoyed a checkout just after 11 this flexibility was good and we did find a good diner a couple of miles down the road. Overall our experience was pleasant.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Ian Cassin
"Surprisingly beautiful"
Didn't expect to find such nice hotel, but was pleasant when we did.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Excellence"
I stay here everytime I have to work on the Central Coast. Staff is great and helpful. Lots of place to eat and great variety. Comfy beds and jetted tubs. My only gripe is that they still don't have flat screen tvs. BUT I've been places where they have flat screens but channels are fuzzy. At least the channels come in crystal clear here. Highly recommend The Carlton.
1 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2014
Christopher
"great room for a great price"
Everything was great. Staff was wonderful, parking was easy, room was big and beautiful, bed was very comfortable. Great value for the price. Would happily stay there again if we are ever back in the area.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
Maria
"Wonderful!"
Sorry t have spent only two nights at The Carlton, we didn't want to leave! Wonderful and beautiful, much more than we expected and less money than the dump we stayed at in Santa Barbara. Two minor complaints: The TV didn't work, and the man to fix never came ( to be fair, I didn't pursue the issue), and my room was one of 2 in the hotel where we couldn't control the a/c or heat. The weather was beautiful, so again, a minor issue. Would highly recommend a visit to this hotel. Only wished I lived closer to California so I could visit often.
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Lou
"Very nice!"
We enjoyed our stay.. Thank you
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Kris
"lovely rooms"
My wife and I were impressed with the lovely condition and size of our room. No complaints. Very nice job refurbishing this historic hotel guys.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
John P
Stayed here before and it's a beautiful hotel with clean rooms, friendly service and good rates. This time we were on the freeway side so we indured some noise with the widows open.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Most beautiful hotel, loved it, would definitely recommend
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Best keep secret I have ever found."
You will never feel more at home. The nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"A Lovely Property"
Although the surrounding town does not have much to offer, this hotel is a very well-maintained, heritage property. The room was spacious, comfortable, and very quiet. The towels were super soft! Plenty of electrical outlets for the modern traveler. Just be prepared to leave town for food!
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
CJH
"Nice Surprise!"
This was "stay over" lodging versus "destination" lodging but we were pleasantly surprised by our stay. An old, possibly historic building that is quite charming and kept up well. The bathroom was the nicest of all the places we stayed during our trip. A spa tub, shower, large bathroom counter, nice decor and separate toilet. The room was quite large and the bed very comfortable. The staff was attentive and pleasant. Even though it is located in more of a "drive thru" town, I would stay here again in a second. Very nice! On the Con side of the equation.... It is probably the first nice hotel I have ever stayed at that did not have a restaurant and bar. I mean it does have them but they are both closed. It also had a bakery that was attached to the property and it is also closed. I saw pictures of the bar and restaurant in an old brochure and they both looked really nice. The fact that these rooms sit empty does not bode well for the properties future. I can only hope that the Carlton survives as it was a very pleasant stay!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
We loved it! Awesome room. Wife loved the bathroom. Super comfortable bed. Friendly service; Travis at front desk, a natural!
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Mike Schierberl
"Whenever in this area, stay here"
Whenever we travel to this area, we always book the Carlton. Rates are competitive, location is convenient and the accommodations are 4+ stars.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2014