All hotels in Marathon, Florida, United States of America
4590 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL, 33050, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
"Check in was not 24hr"
Good location. Hot tub was so small. The desk was not 24hr. The room was clean but a lit wet.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Ryan
"BANANA BAY, THE BEST RESORT"
FANTASTIC. FABULOUS. AWESOME. SIMPLY SUPERB. I don't have a great adjective than this. I am from Chicago and I had wonderful stay at Room#303 at Banana Bay @Marathon. Banana Bay has all greenary plants, trees whatever a tropical country has. The environment is very very rich and lively with croton plants, coconut, banana trees, hibuscus, rose etc. flower plants. The lake and near by Marathon beach are added advantage for their great effort of having all plants. The rent per oneday is very much affordable when you compare with Key West Island resorts. I recommend this hotel to all. I already shared my experience with many of my friends in Chicago area. Sure, they will take details from me whenever they visit Key West/Marathon area. I had fantastic trip to Marathon, Key West, Miami in this November weather. If I visit Marathon, I will stay in Banana Bay. It's the BEST OF THE BEST resorts in that Island of Marathon, Key West.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Aditya
"Nice place to stay"
Location OK, not far from what little Marathon has to offer, 2 grocery stores, a Kmart and numerous bars, dining etc. Unless you are an avid fisherperson and are either prepared to charter a boat or bring your own, not much to do except drink. Sombreo beach OK, actually one of the best in the Keys but there are much better ones elsewhere. My next vacation destination Panama.
Terri
"Don't be fooled by the pictures!"
This motel looks great online, but this is a very old motel who's sheets are old and tattered, doors and walls could use a good washing, the beds were terrible. We couldn't leave fast enough.
"Best place to stay on the way to Key West!"
Very nice size pool & hot jacuzzi. Nice laundry, tennis courts and rooms were comfortable.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"discusting"
It was awfull. I suggests you take this place off your list ! I did not get the room I reserved and then the room was dirty like carpet and furniture stains, the door outside and inside dirty /black the beds wer about 20 yrs old teh furniture from teh 70 s ist was awfull smelly . we left asap. found a yellow satined towel on teh bed as we walked in
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
"November 14,2014"
Very nice place to stay. They have a pool,hot tub and a Tiki bar. Staff was very friendly.
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
Dianne
"Fun time in the Keys"
Friendly Staff, and could be a great Resort. Hope new owners give it a great makeover. Bed was comfortable, but furnishings were out dated. We were there for 2 nights, we did not use pool area, although it looked nice. Would have been more inviting if the Tiki bar had been open. Love that it was pet friendly and we felt accommodated. Fun time in the Keys! Looking forward to returning and staying again at Banana Bay once it's renovated :)
2 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
Lyn
"get what you pay for"
Served the purpose.would stay again but this was not a vacation trip either.
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2014
"Its there."
We'd needed an inexpensive place within driving distance of Key West. This wasn't much of a place - room smelled midew-y and shower was very old and uncomfortable. For a night, we dealt with it, but wouldn't want to stay longer. Convinient location right off the highway though.
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
Poorly managed. We requested towels for the pool, but were told that even if we used the room towels, no additional towels would be available.Room was not cleaned after the first night. The pool and jacuzzi were great. BBQs available at a nice location with ocean view
3 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"2 nights stay"
Location is perfect. The outdoors are great. Pool/jacuzzi area is not taken care of. Rooms are ok, but their bathrooms, although clean, they need a lot of work. It's a shame they don't take care properly of this property. Staff is very friendly. I would probably recomend this hotel, but not to my most demanding friends. I would recomend it to the ones who are on a limited budget
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
vladytom
"Great Get-away"
The wife and I decided to get away i.e. an overnighter. Found Bananna Bay Resort & Marina, on Expedia. We were very pleased! 5 star? No, didn't want that anyway. We will be back, next time for two nights along with our boat for fishing.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Leo
"NEEDS HELP"
HOTEL IS IN NEED OF TLC.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
CARL
"great secluded resorT"
Website needs updating as well as property. Pool area was awesome, nice marina and fishing area. Staff was great.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
R
Pool was great
3 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
"Not what you think."
Well we had been to Marathon Fl in July for 2 weeks and seen this place from the road and knew we were coming bavk to look a few house for our vacation next year. By all counts the outside and office looks good and so when I went online to book it, we thought it would be fine for one night. WRONG. Check in went well no problems. We checked in around 4:00 pm. On our way to the room we noticed the door was left opened to entrance to the rooms and there was no AC. Well no big deal, when we went our room I knew this was going to be bad, paint, wall paper pealing, pop corn ceilings that were dirty extremly old fixtures and room in general needed a major over haul. The desk in the room had marker drawings all over it. Large mirror on wall was peeling so bad you could not look at yourself in it. TV was very very old. Internet was terrible. Carpet was so aweful unreal. Then the bed was a king but my gosh the worst night sleep or lack of, I was scared the whole night. Especially since posted on the back of door was a sign which stated sercurity until 2:00 am Mon-Sat, well guess which night we stayed, you got it Sunday. No sercurity and if I shook the sliding glass doors you could open them. So needless to say I will never ever stay there again I did not even shower here. We were going to Hollywood FL later and we did shower after we arrived at our other hotel. We do not reccomend this place at all. This is also the only review I have ever written.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Not a good place to stay"
We arrived and the check in was fine, it went down hill from there. The room was musty, the doors were open due to no air in the hallway. The room had air. There was no drinks in the soda machine. There was no coffee in the room next to the coffee maker, the front desk said they ran out of coffee. We asked for an extra pillow there were no to be had. They said they were out. The pillows that we had were terrible. The beds need to be replaced. I stayed here before and it has gone down hill fast. The new owners have not done anything to improve there place. I go to the keys 4 or 5 times a year and will NOT stay at BANANA BAY again!!!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Greg
We loved it. the tropical setting was great. We would come back.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Craig
"Hotel not resort"
The hotel was advertised as a resort but it's just a motel with a pool, a tennis court and a boat ramp!
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Ali
"Old and run down"
Slept very little because of the toilet running water and the air conditioner was super loud. The ice machine was right across the hall. the box spring has a good size hole in it.We heard the noise from the highway.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Ed & Joann
We've stayed a couple times and it's the best deal you'll find. Rooms are clean and comfy, big pool, good marina to keep the boat in.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
jmet
Overall a good time the place is rundown and about to be renovated, the staff is great especially Lisa the bar tender she does a good job with limited supplies as it is a beer and wine only bar by the pool and the bar at the point is closed but still a great place with a great future. Hopefully they will reopen the restaurant and the bar and get a full liquor licensee you'll never have to leave a great hide a way. Again Lisa the bar tender is the best.
4 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
Rocky and Mary Kay
"Quiet, affordable spot in Marathon"
If you are needing a quiet, affordable hotel to stay at in Marathon and don't mind a little "roughing" it, this place is for you. We stayed 3 nights in a King room with a "garden view". Not sure there was a garden to view as it was more of a parking lot. Resort title is stretching it, other than they have a nice pool, hot tub and outdoor tiki bar I suppose is what makes a "resort". Our room was definitely in need of a make over with very outdated furniture, but for the price it worked for us. Plus, who really spends a lot of time in their hotel room in Keys? I will say the bed was AWFUL and we slept very poorly due to this. I wouldn't stay here again but for our trip it worked.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Sara
"Rude staff that appeared bothered to checkmyou in."
When we went to check into hotel the lady was absolutely bothered that we were even there. Our blow dryer blew the rooms fuse. Our truck was broken into and items were stolen. Boat dock was unusable and a real joke. Shutters were taped together.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
bird
"old style motel"
The room was decorated in the 70's there was no service to speak off. The vegetation is overgrown and when the cleaned the room the forgot to do the balcony and give me fresh towels. Now great views very peaceful but that's almost everywhere in the keys.
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Julio j
"very dissapointed"
hotel was falsely advertised for their amenities. No restaurant as shown. Tiki bar is very poor. Pool area needs resurfacing. Room had a very distinct musty smell. Rec room not existant. No beach area. Overall very dissapointing. Staff wasnt even friendly.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
Lmp
"close to family member"
Our first impression wasn't good because the woman at the desk wasn't personable at all. We weren't able to check in until 3:00, and when we went back the Indian gentleman was much more pleasant and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised after reading several poor reviews of the hotel. The hotel does need a make-over, which we found out they will be getting soon. The bed was uncomfortable, and the pool was too warm, but overall it wasn't bad for the price, from what we heard. We had rented a boat for lobster diving, which we were able to keep at the hotel dock, so that was convenient. The dockmasters were very pleasant and helpful.
7 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
rooms is clean. but old. my resevation room is garden view. But I can see just the parking lot. So sad..
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
M
I reserved pool view. But our room could not view the pool. Just parking lot.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
M
"Did not like it"
the pictures in Expedia of that hotel were nice. Location was also nice. But when we got there we were upset. Very old hotel, room, bathroom is not clean. The only bed was OK, comfortable. the car parking was also OK, they did not charge for parking and it was very close to our room.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"good for the price"
fishing,diving, lounging @ pool. grilling out , relaxing , just hanging out with friends /family
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
joe
I did and you rejected for no reason. I did and you rejected for no reason.I did and you rejected for no reason.I did and you rejected for no reason.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"AWFUL"
This was the WORST experience EVER; the hotel was NOT at all what was promised by the internet, nor the reviews appropriate to what was present at the time of arrival; indeed, I spoke to the hotel prior to booking and what I was informed was completely not what I arrived to ...the promised TIKI bar was closed and had Halloween decorations up in August. The hotel had an odor, the outside pool bathroom was overflowing and disgusting. The staff on arrival was not nice. I will say, two employees did rise to the moment; Remy and Elizabeth deserve appreciation but the hotel was a disaster.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Moldy. It smelled of mold everywhere. And our ceiling fan looked like it was going to fall down. The front desk guy was very confused when I asked for another pillow.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"lobster season"
it is the keys thirty years ago when I use to frequent the hurricane
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
hotel could use a face-lift but in all the rooms were clean, no problems.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
unknown
""Resort" may be a bit generous"
I'm sure 20 years ago this was a beautiful resort but time has not been kind to these buildings. They need to invest some money in the infrastructure. Restaurant closed, pool side tiki bar very limited hours, laundry facilities poor. But, if you're looking for an affordable place with great AC, hot showers and a place to lay your head between fishing or dive trips this is it! Centrally located near shopping, dining, and marinas.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Christa
our stay was pleasant and comftorable and the staff was very nice from when we checked in from the front desk to when they cleaned our room
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
All accommodations fairly nice except our room was beside the ice maker which was in the middle of the hallway. Starting at 4:30 a.m. each morning, we were awakened to the scooping of ice and slamming of the ice maker door every 5-10 minutes.
2 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2014
"Very disappointed with the Banana"
Pool was not kept up needed a good scrubbing and chlorine. Pool side tiki bar was there but not staffed. No restaurant. Halls were dirty. Our overall stay was terrible.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Vic
"Ehh!"
Well, they didn't have shampoo in the room. We had to get it from the front desk. They also didn't have decaf coffee available at all. The pool was as hot as a hot tub. The shower head mostly spit at us. The nearby beach was unpleasant with a persistent sulfur smell and seaweed on the beach. On the other hand, the room was nicely decorated and the towels were very nice. I just expected more for the price.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Jay and Barb
"Blah"
The hotel was....okay. It is in a very central location which makes it awesome. However, the hotel itself is run down. Apparently there is new management or new owners of the hotel. It needs a facelift to make it awesome. The pool was big but not the cleanest. The rooms were nice but outdated. We had a garden view and to be honest, it was really nice. With a lot of TLC, this could be a great place to stay. We are going back down there next year and I will check to see if it has been improved. If so, we shall give it another go.
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Erik
Pool was nice and the tiki hut was nice also, even though they could only serve beer right now
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Great pool, good atmosphere"
We selected this lodging randomly and felt we scored. Great pool area. Accommodations are a little rundown, but new owners have great plans to breathe new life into this wonderful place. A one minute walk on the property to a splendid viewing area of the open water. A must is to eat at Sunrise which is up the road at the base of the 7 mile bridge. Happy hour and at 6pm live music. Excellent eatings!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Wendy
"old world charm"
stayed for 7 days, room was cleaned great every day, the hotel is older the hallways are a little dark and need paint, the air conditioner worked great, the price was good through expedia, a good location set in the heart of the keys, marathon. a nice marina behind the hotel with a sea wall you can fish from, the pool and the hot tub worked great. the furniture is out dated in the room yet the beds are clean and comforable. the land scaping is nice throughout the property.. if you just need a good place to sleep and save money on your logging i would say this is a good choice.
"Needs a complete update"
The Banana Bay is in bad shape. We heard it has recently sold. Hopefully the new owner will improve the property. The buildings are old, with dirty moldy carpet and the rooms are in bad shape. Peeling wallpaper, old curtains and furniture. The beds are awful and the thin coverlet was stained and shabby. We brought our own pillows, thank heavens. The hair dryer did not work and the switches in the bathroom were hot to the touch. The pool area is large and was about the only thing that was not too bad. They do have Wifi. The AC was newer and did work great.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Babs
"dump of a dump"
filthy, disgusting, scary hotel. I don't think this hotel has ever been remodeled since 1950.
kk
The staff was extremely accommodating and quite understanding. I wish we had more time to use some of the amenities like the pool and the tennis court.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Pictures are not accurate."
This place is old and run down. It is clean and safe, but not worth what we paid.