All hotels in Key West, Florida, United States of America
2319 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL, 33040, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
    Poor vibe
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Bad internet service
"Amazing Hotel"
Amazing stay at Banana Bay! The staff is very friendly and the grounds are absolutely beautiful with that old Florida charm! The rooms were great and clean. The staff met all of our needs. The pool was beautiful and it was very quiet. Loved the adults only hotel. Would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Maggie
"You get what you pay for"
It was a good stay for what it was. The biggest complaint I have is that my room smelled like animal urine. The room was large enough and very accommodating for the purpose that we were there for. It is old and a bit rundown but after all you get what you pay for.
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Misty
"Only wish I could rate them less than 1."
It started with the check in, the room I reserved wasn't available. I reserved a room with two double beds instead I received one king size. There was little air-conditioning, so the room is always hot . The receptionist was rude and when I asked about the tours I saw that they were all over priced from what I've seen online. It was a total rip off. Then when I got to my room it was dirty and the bed was like a rock. The only good thing was it was quiet, I'm sure it was because no one wanted to stick around there .
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Becca
"Very close to the beach, but...."
We found black mold on the shower ceiling and hair/oily tinted foundation and/or sunscreen on the blowdryer handle. The room could have been cleaner, but it's a convenient location away from the bussle of Duval St.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Lovely place to stay, good location"
Excellent stay on Key West.Two female friends and one male nephew were staying in one room for one night only, but we will be back. Nice hotel, huge, comfortable room, decent complimentary breakfast, nice pool area, even a hot tub, that we did not even have time to try. I did relax though in the rocking chair from the big patio, watching the beautiful sunset. Parking was very convenient and free, location great, easy access to everywhere. Kindly recommend this place!
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2015
susan
"Older Resort"
This is a resort that caters to adults, not children. It is near the water, provides a continental breakfast, and is at a quiet location. We have stayed here several times and have been happy with the staff and relaxed feel of the resort.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Barb
"Old and Dirty!"
We booked this hotel for 1 night, 1 room with 2 bed. Upon arrival to the hotel, they only had a room with 1 bed. To accommodate us, they put us is a "suite". We entered the door to the suite and the smell of mildew punched us in the face. This room was disgusting! The paint on the walls were bubbling and cracking, the furniture was from the 1970's, There was a dead bug on the floor and the old TV (which weight about 50+ lbs) was sitting on top of a flimsy wicker dresser that rocked back and forth. At this point, we went back to the office and told them this place was completely unacceptable. The were very nice and did everything they could to accommodate us, considering what they had to work with. We were then moved to another room, that opened up, with 2 beds. This room at least smelled better, but was very dirty. I wouldn't even touch my bare feet to the filth stained carpet. In a nut shell, I seriously doubt the owner(s) of this property invested $1 in this property since it was built, many, many, many years ago!
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
JT
"Dog Friendly"
Dog friendly was definitely the plus with this hotel. We had a marina room (#303) and there was a separate bdrm a small kitchen and a little living area, so our two dogs had some room to walk around. There was also a nice area to walk them on the property, so as far as the dogs go, it was not bad. But, the room was far from clean, luckily I brought some blankets/sheets, so I used them to cover the entire couch otherwise I would not have sat on it. Most of the blinds did not work, the door from the bdrm to the little patio did not open, the baseboards were filthy, bathroom cabinets were swelled up and just plain disgusting, the bed was like laying directly on the box springs, did not walk in there without flip flops on, etc. I could go on but I guess I'll leave it at that. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it, there are other dog friendly places in Key West and will definitely find another spot next time we travel there with our dogs.
3 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Lori
"Very nice setting, pool and view."
All was good once we moved to another room. The first room lock stopped working so we had to transfer all our items to another room. The hotel compensated us very well. Thank you Exspedia
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Sharyl
location was ok, games on resorts were old and falling apart. Nice it is an Adult only, a big plus
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
I visit this resort twice and always love that place. It's not Hilton but bc I have dog and I don't need listen child scream that place it's perfect! Bannana bay is adult resort.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
p-wille
"Nice place to stay"
Good service, good location, excelent breakfast and nice place to stay
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Daisy
"One noght stay"
Travelling with 88-yr old mom who walks only short distances, so I requested a certain room location on arrival and they were great at meeting my needs. Well located. Tiki bar was closed, deck area needed mantainance, but the water and sun take a toll on all the properties in this area. Carpet in room needed better cleaning (coins and wrappers left from other people were still there, in plain sight) same as bathroom floor. Room was spacious, balcony overlooking pool.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Maria
"2 Night Banana Bay Stay in Key West"
Banana Bay Resort must have been lovely in its heyday. Since Westin will be taking it over in the near future it will, hopefully, be renovated to its former self and thensome. Currently, it is in a good location, was clean, staff was very helpful and the price was right for what we required.
2 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
"The worst place ever"
The hotel was horrible. Run down dirty. I checked out after 1 day afraid of getting a disease
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Nice getaway"
jason front desk person was great and full of information. Our room was already occupied we we walked in. Fixed immediately. Location great. No kids running around. Hotel needs upgrade. Carpet stained, curtains did not fit balcony door,bathroom cabinets old, great continental breakfast and nice surroundings. We will stay there again. Oh by the way the pool is clothing optional. Surprise!
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Nice hotel with relaxing atmosphere"
The room was nice and spacious. Jason, front desk clerk, was very helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed the pool, lounge chairs and the rocking chairs at sunset. The rooster crowing in the morning was interesting. We had an iguana climb out of the tree and join us for breakfast. That was pretty cool!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"GREAT HOTEL"
Great price, Great stay! Room needed minor repairs but overall we had an Excellent stay. Initially they gave us a 1 queen room when we reserved a double but they quickly, without hesitation or problems corrected the problem and gave us the room we reserved. The staff was very friendly and accomadating.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
Louis
"Disappointing"
The rooms wasn't that great.. No view and it wasn't comfortable the furniture was old
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Banana Bay Resort"
This hotel was very shabby for the price of $199.99. The office and exterior need to be updated and cleaned. The beach was not a swimming beach and was really not clean. The pool however was okay. The room was clean for the most part but very outdated. The mini refrigerator needs to be replaced. I personally would not book here again.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Banana Bay"
The hotel was the cheapest rate on the island during my stay, so my expectations were not great. That being said, the hotel was more than satisfactory. Keep in mind, I am no hotel snob... Room was pretty clean. Bed and bathroom were clean--which are the most important things to me in a hotel. The grounds were not great. The hot tub was cracked on the floors and was not in great shape--but it appeared CLEAN. Pool was nice; I believe it was heated but was a very comfortable temp. There is a "private" beach area, but apparently you cannot swim there. I did not have an opportunity to see it or use is as my stay was only for one night and it was already nighttime when I showed up. Overall, the hotel was acceptable. I would stay there again if necessary (in a bind--like I found myself in at the time) however, if you want a super nice hotel and want nice amenities and grounds, stay somewhere else. If you are someone who doesnt expect to spend too much time in the room or on the grounds, there is no issue with this hotel.
Other trip May 26, 2015
B
"I would recommend if you have a pet"
Very Pet friendly and nice size room. Furniture and Bed real old. Pool OK and Free Breakfast buffet. Good location and quiet. You are not staying at the Ritz, but neither are you paying the price
Other trip May 26, 2015
Vacationer
We visited on Memorial Day weekend and "Josh" the desk check in was awesome! This is not a Marriott but I wouldn't trade our stay for the 5-star! We will for sure stay there again! Very attentive staff and comfortable room...and very affordable'
Other trip May 24, 2015
tanya
"Terrible"
Dirty, mold, mildew, air-conditioning bad parking lot dangerous
Other trip May 24, 2015
two seniors
"Terrible place - terrible service by Expedia"
Booked through Expedia and paid for one night. The place was terrible, dirty, maintenance nonexistent, parking lot scary no elevator, bathroom with a broken shower and mildew sm booked through Expedia and paid for one night. The place was terrible, dirty, maintenance nonexistent, parking lot scary no elevator, bathroom with a broken shower and mildew smell throughout. We only stayed a short time, left at 4 AM. We did not stay the second night. But the hotel billed us anyway. When I called them and told them that we weren't staying they said we have to get our refund from Expedia. When I called Expedia they said we have to get a refund from the resort. I get the picture. We won't be using Expedia ever again.We only stayed a short time, left at 4 AM. We did not stay the second night. But the hotel billed us, When I called them and told them that we weren't staying they said we have to get our refund from Expedia. When I called Expedia they said we have to get a refund from the resort. I get the picture. We won't be using Expedia ever again because your resorts aren't reliably nice and there's no way to get a refund when it's bad.
Other trip May 23, 2015
two seniors
"Much better than I expected.."
We took an A1A road trip and this was one of our stops. Nice find in Key West and we've been there maybe 10 times. It's our first time out of 'old town' but I liked the extra space. Nice pool and a very cool area by the water. Shaded with hammocks and chairs. Room was very nice and cool Ours had a canopy bed.One word of caution if you have kids..the pool appears to be 'clothing optional'. I was taking a late swim and some old dude took his clothes off. There was a sign when leaving the pool saying 'clothing is required past this point'. It does say no kids at the pool
Other trip May 18, 2015
Room needed a fresh paint job and fill the holes in walls properly not just gob in on the wall. Carpet was filthy and like most hotels in dire need of new lamp shades, they were broken, stained and dirty. Pool area was nice but needed the wood deck sealed many splinters. We enjoyed the beach area and the breakfast was fair. Nothing some real TLC could not fix
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Nice place with more potential."
Check In was quick and painless. Front staff(Helena) was nice and friendly. Room was clean, cool and spacious. The grounds were well kept but there are a few things that were noticed that need some TLC to step it up a notch and help earn the price of the room.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Clean Hotel"
This hotel was clean but it definitely needs a few upgrades. Neat atmosphere with cats and roosters running around on the grounds.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Everything was excellent only one thing the was better is they have wifi in the rooms ...
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Not as I booked"
I booked a bedroom with 2 king beds a month ago. However, when I arrived, the staff told me there's no 2 king beds. He can only give me a suite with one bedroom and one coach. So my dad had to sleep in an unconfortable sofa bed. This is not what I booked.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"lovely location"
The grounds & rooms were lovely. Only two negatives: the breakfast was lacking any protein & the breakfast room was difficult to get in & out of.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Quaint Place Bed like a Hammock"
Very quaint hotel. Nice that it was more for adults which was nice. Had a nice pool area and hot tub and a private beach area. Only downfall you couldn't swim in the beach area, too rocky. However the ambiance was wonderful for a nice getaway. It had a jungle like atmosphere and the help were very nice and friendly. Looking forward to our next getaway. The only downfall I can think of is the hotel is older and the hot tub needed to have some maintenance done to make it more comfortable to sit in. The concrete had eroded down below the tile the surrounds the seating area. Other than that the pool and tiki bar etc. were very enjoyable. Rooms comfortable except the King bed did need to be reinforced in the center....felt like you were in a hammock. Overall a great place to stay .
Other trip May 8, 2015
ST & BK
"Ambiance of the Banana Bay Resort was Quaint"
Although the hotel was like being in paradise there were some things that were quite deceiving about the hotel from the advertisement. The bed was very pretty but as for sleeping...well the mattress would have been more comfortable on the floor as it had a good 6" drop in the middle which made sleep a little bit roly poly. The Hot Tub need some updating as the tile around the seating area stuck up above the seat area which was quite uncomfortable. However being mostly an adult only hotel and allowing pets, having it's own beach, which by the way no swimming as it was all rocky, but was nice to sit out at, nice pool and the people were very helpful and nice, over all for the price I would say it is worth the stay. It definitely had the ambiance of getting you very relaxed and away from the hub bub of reality of the real world while you were there. I would stay there again.
Other trip May 6, 2015
ST & BK
"Dissappointed"
Not the cleanest hotel. We had ants crawling up and down the walls. The rooms need a lot of updating. We didn't say anything because we there only one night and needed a place to get some sleep. Definitely not worth the 224.00 we paid for the night. The pictures on the website are deceiving.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"A good value in Key West"
Key West is pricey and Banana Bay delivers a reasonable, convenient alternative to the big name hotels. The location is convenient, the pool has a tropical feeling and beach and marina lovely. The rooms are large, with a small balcony so you can sit outside. It is an older hotel but does the trick for the $$$.
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"quaint hotel"
Loved this hotel.Not much for grounds but the price was great. Not fancy but the rooms were cute, cool, and clean. The Dolphin tour leaving from the hotel was great and the best snorkeling I have experienced so far.
2 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
It was what we expected for the price. Nothing fancy. Really liked the "beach" area, relaxing with a beautiful view!
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"one night two day in Key West"
came in on the Key West Express and didn't realize how far this hotel was from downtown. Room was clean and comfortable but the hotel has seen better days. Breakfast was adequate. Could barely get wifi on the balcony.
1 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
Grant
"A diamond in the rough"
The hotel is old, but is in an awesome location on the water. Beautiful sunsets, near shopping. It has everything you need, however older and worn decor. Worth the price, free breakfast, nice pool area, sandy beach with lounge chairs. Not near Duval street, but can cab easily. Will stay again.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"First time Keys visitors"
Jason at the front desk was friendly. Disappointed with: 1. Hotel beach closed by Coast Guard 2. Tiki Bar closed by "Corporate" Probably would have chose another hotel had we known. Not as nice as the photos on Hotel.com website Probaly
2 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
Jeffrey
"Pool and waterfront great!"
Had a great stay. The pool is large and has seating for many people. The water front is beautiful and has lots of seating. Continental breakfast was larger than I had thought....very nice. Rooms (carpet/sinks/vanities) could use some renovations. Wi-Fi only in breakfast area....not in rooms...could put Wi-Fi in rooms.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"If you have another choice take it."
This hotel is old and neglected. It is clear the owners are not interested in sinking another dime into it. The reception desk should have warned us away but we didn't have another choice. The whole place needs paint. The furniture in our room was dirty and broken. There were cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling, rusty dirty lamp shades, tattered carpet that was dirty and stained. There were toenail clippings on the bathroom floor when we arrived that were still there when we left. No one cares about this place and it shows.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
madonna
"Good location but a little old"
You see clearly that this hotel is past his best days. The staff is good and the rooms are clean. At least you get what you pay for.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"WE DIDN'T STAY LONG - WATER OUT"
We checked in and went to shower and meet friends. Shocker no water and the desk clerk knew it and checked us in any way. We went to another hotel. However, before that we got to the room. The bed and bedding was nice and clean. The sink, wet bar, bath cabinet had broken formica coverings and it was very worn and dated. The desk clerk offered not other room and said we'd have to talk to the manager in the morning. Told me the water would be back on soon. Completely unsatisfactory. After finding another hotel and spending the night, I went to see the manager in the morning and he said they'd process a refund. He apologized and said it happens in an old hotel. I can't tell if they have processed the refund or not, but will deny the charges for lack of services rendered.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"No Attention to Detail at this Resort"
My wife and I have given this Resort a one (1) star rating 1. Location of Resort: A. Located outside of the tourist area – a $15 cab ride away 2. Logistics: A. The check in/out lobby is located far from the motel B. There is no parking near the lobby C. The walk between the rooms and lobby was dangerous, no sidewalks and roadway very narrow/limited visibility 3. Front door: A. No security latch on the front door B. Magnetic door keys failed twice 4. Bathroom: A. Door was chipped/paint missing B. No stopper or drain guard in sink C. No stopper or drain guard in tub D. Sheetrock seam coming loose over shower E. Lightbulb out F. Bath tub slippery/no bath mat 5. Kitchenette: A. Hot and cold faucets installed backwards 6. Rug covering kitchenette and bedroom area: A. Not installed properly. Many areas had wrinkles 7. Wall along headboard: A. Hole in wall B. Paint touchup did not match 8. Air conditioner: A. Fan would only operate on low, room could not be cooled adequately 9. Floor lamp adjacent to air conditioner: A. The switch was faulty 10. Wi-Fi: A. No Wi-Fi in guest rooms 11. Television: A. TV controller didn’t work properly B. TV volume would default to high when started 12. Reception and maid service staff: A. Very friendly and polite.
4 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
Milton L.
"A Two Night Stay"
Overall it was a good hotel for our purposes. I can give you a picture of pros and cons so you can decide if it suits your purposes. I will start with the cons: 1. Exterior hallways (outdoor) were untidy. 2. In the room the carpets were well worn, needed new paint in the bathrooms and woodwork. 3. Only mirror was in bathroom 4. Woodwork and corners were dusty looking. 5. The pillows were all overstuffed, almost like balls. 6. No wifi in the rooms. You're told you must go to the breakfast room. 7. The breakfast room didn't have tables but there were tables on the patio overlooking the water. This would have been fine except nobody thought to dry off the chairs and table and since it had rained the night before everything was too wet to use. Okay, now for the pros: 1. The receptionist, Violet, was most helpful and friendly. 2. Our room (117 I think) was in a corner with a view of the water. 3. The rooms are very big so we have plenty of space for our luggage. 4. There was a balcony where you can dry out swimsuits and lay out snorkeling gear to dry. 5. The bed was comfortable (apart from the pillows).
2 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
"A Total dump! Don't let the pictures fool you!"
The lady at the front desk was the only pleasant thing about the place. Bathroom cabinet door was broken, the entrance door there was a huge gap at the top and bottom. when we went to bed the mattress was pretty much a broken mess. Carpet looked dirty and it smelled or they tried to cover it up.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Over Ripe Banana"
I enjoyed the tropical vibe and setting between marina and road to Old Town, but the furnishings and room were aging and tired. Adult only warning was not needed during my stay - tame and clothed fellow travelers. Breakfast was very minimal - didn 't bother after first morning , unless coffee and toast floats your boat. I was underwhelmed.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
SJ
"Pleasant and comfortable stay."
It was a comfortable stay (relatively last minute reservation) and convenient for access to activities in Key West and the other lower Keys.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015