All hotels in White River Junction, Vermont, United States of America
121 Ballardvale Dr, White River Junction, VT, 05001, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

• Value
    Quite clean
    Rather comfortable
"Excellent Hotel"
We drop off our daughter at dartmouth and stayed one night at this hotel. We have been up to handover/white junction several times staying at different hotels. This was a pleasant surprise, it looks like it was newly renovated, everything is clean and orderly. They welcome you with cookies, fruit, magazines.. don't forget free breakfast, underground parking (its was snowing but not on our SUV), at this price range its an excellent deal. we will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Cristina
Excellent value Second year stating here Great room
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Just what you need"
Just wanted a nice, clean place to rest my head while visiting family, this hotel provided that.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Convenient place to stay on the way to Killington"
We stayed here on the way to Killington Ski Resort so that we wouldn't have to drive on route 4 at night in pouring rain. This hotel was easy to find and conveniently located right near routes 4, 89, and 91. There is no restaurant in the hotel and nothing was open on Christmas Eve. Luckily, we had dinner near our house because we guessed that this might happen. Other than that, this hotel was perfect for our needs. Breakfast the next day was fine. We would stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"white river junction vt"
nice clean place breakfast was marginal - there was a low head count and they could have turned the hot items over more freq.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
greg
"Good basic hotel"
Good value. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Todd
"Nice place to stay - worth the price."
Very comfortable room. Breakfast was excellent - good choices & nice location. Front desk personnel were very helpful and courtieous.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Rich
Great stay clean comfortable Will come back
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
"nice location"
The hotel tried to accommodate my special request for the number of beds and was kind enough to oblige when my travel plans changed unexpectedly. The location was perfect for my needs (I was trying to get close to the school we were visiting).
Lori
"good stay"
Staff helpful and gracious. Nice variety at breakfast. Person who was taking care of breakfast area kept things clean, food warm and was around to give anyone additional help if needed. Only complaint was the ceiling in the bathroom looked like water damage had happened and parts above the tub looked like they might fall in.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
mark
"WRJ"
I have stayed in Hampton Hotels hundreds of nights. The issue I find most disturbing is poor lighting. It is hard to see to put on make up and hard to read a book because the lighting is so poor. I understand conservation of resources but I do wish management would reconsider better lighting. And--it is time to review the breakfast choices for eggs. The omlets are just too rubbery and icky. The scrambled eggs are pretty good.
4 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Carole
"Great Stay, serivice and hotel!"
great stay. I am in the WRJ area on business a lot, will be staying at the Holiday inn going forward.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Megan
"GOOD OVERNIGHT"
NICE HOTEL, GOOD ROOM, NICE DESK AREA FOR WORK
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
GH
"Great place to stay in White River Junction"
Hotel was very well maintained. Rooms were clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was really good. Overall a terrific value.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"small touches"
I think they could use a better quality toilet paper and put a hook on the bathroom door for a shower cap. Otherwise it was very nice.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
renee
Clean easy to access hotel. Beds comfortable. Breakfast was huge with plenty of choices and food
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Sue
This hotel exceeded my expectations. I wasny expecting much. i ended up there out of necessitiy but will definetly return. The staff was GREAT!
9 night trip Sep 5, 2014
The staff is very helpful an friendly.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Lei
"Convenient Location"
The location of this hotel was very convenient to Quechee and Woodstock. We arrived late afternoon and were able to check in immediately. The front desk clerk was very helpful in letting us know where there were restaurants close by. I thought the room was very comfortable. It was definitely set up for people who might want a long-term stay. The room had a stove and microwave, as well as dishes, pots and pans, and utensils. I did think the room was rather dark and could use some updating. There was a large area that was just open, which I would guess is good for storage of ski equipment when staying in the winter. The breakfast was very good. There was an excellent variety of items, including scrambled eggs, turkey sausage patties, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, etc. Free parking is always a plus. I did think it was a bit over priced compared to other hotels where we've stayed recently, but I didn't do much comparison shopping and have not stayed in this area before.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Great motel for the price."
Everyone was very nice, the room was spacious and very clean.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Mary Anne
I called yesterday. I had left 2 golf shirts in the closet..forgot them. So I would like them mailed back to me. Nobody has called me back to let me know if they found them.
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"Will stay Holiday Inn Express Whenever Possible"
Beautiful place, good breakfast, wifi, business center all wonderful. Staff are extremly friendly. Impvoment may be done on the speed of wifi, this is not a compaint since the it is already better than all the other place we stayed.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Harry
Although the haven't a room for the amount of people we were (2 parents, three young kids) as Expedia "confirmed", they managed to include a bed for us very quickly. All the staff was always super nice
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Convenient location, right off interstate. Perfect for a one-night stopover.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"A pleasant surprise"
I hadn't expected a lot from a Holiday in Express, but the owners of this franchise have created a clean, friendly, and comfortable place to stay. My room had a comfortable king-size bed with pillows labeled as firm or soft. A fridge, microwave and Keurig-with coffee pods-as well as a desk with a rolling chair, and side chair and table made this a well-functioning room. To illustrate the commitment to cleanliness, my husband was in the garage (no extra charge to the surprise of us city stayers) when a maintenance worker went through the garage dusting the fluorescent lights as well as the water pipes. And the automatic pancake maker was a hoot. And the pancakes weren't too bad either. Good job.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"No more"
This hotel needs to be updated. The beds squeak, the is furniture worn, the pull out sofa is useless unless you prefer sleeping on springs. The saving grace is that the hotel staff is helpful and the breakfast is sufficient. I won't stay again.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"nice, clean, comfy room, friendly staff"
we had a very pleasant stay. spacious, clean, comfortable room; and friendly staff
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Was good"
The music in the out side porch kept we awake the all night
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Basic no-thrills hotel. Modest, modern & convenient. Reasonably comfortable and clean. Staff rather friendly.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"A bit overpriced"
The location is very convenient and the hotel is nice and relatively new. However, the rooms are smaller than advertized. Our "deluxe two queens" bedroom was nothing more than a regular-size room with two queen beds, a microwave, and a small fridge crammed in. The bathroom sink was also nearly clogged in; a bit of a lack in maintenance.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
One of the nicest Holiday Inn Express' I've stayed at. Breakfast decent, hotel clean and tidy. Staff very helpful and friendly. Nothing right near hotel, but a few miles away several dining options. Just a few minutes from Dartmouth College, too.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
We were in and out quickly but it was great ~ We enjoyed the breakfast.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
The room was in desperate need of updates. It had not been dusted in ages. The staff seemed friendly at first but when I had a problem the receptionist was rude. The only nice person was the lady who came to fix what was broken. I stayed there twice now, but after given them two shots I'm done.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Former customer
great customer service at front desk. food was good,room was clean
2 night business trip May 9, 2014
Nativetaz
"It was Ok"
Nothing wrong, but didn't excel either. The coffee machine wasn't cleaned out (no bid deal)/ Breakfast was thin even fairly early in the morning. Coffee very weak. Comfortable room. I will look for a different place next time I'm up there.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Knightrider
Free newspapers for a quiet reading during the free breakfast. Nice room. Helpful staff. All around an excellent stay.
2 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
"a nice hotel"
We were very satisfied to stay there.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
"room needs maintenance"
Room was clean but in dire need of maintenance. Heat system made room and halls into a sauna. Only relief was to leave the door to the balcony open all night. Old leak from room above caused a cracked and bubbling in ceiling plaster. Wall above shower had water damage and peeling walpaper. Final straw was ant infestation in bathroom.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Why do I keep staying here"
I've stayed at this hotel a few times as a stop over only way to Burlington. The cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast goes down with each stay. This time my shower had a couple of hairs stuck to the wall and the milk at the breakfast was bad. That on top of the disgusting throat clear by staff while I was eating were the last straw. I don't think I'll stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
Drew
"close to highway"
clean room, pleasant service, comfortable at a really good price.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"NOT the holiday inn express"
When I arrived at check-in, I was told of a water pipe break and sent to the 'sister' hotel across the parking lot. It wasn't what I paid for and I'm sure it was a lot less expensive than the HIE. I felt I had no leverage to negotiate because I booked through Expedia instead of booking directly with the hotel. The room was baron, no pictures, the lamp didn't work on the one bed-side table. I had reserved two queens and was given the option of one night with 2 queens or one night with a king. The only way not to change room was take the one queen for me and my mother to sleep in, very cozy. I'm sure the hot breakfast was much better across the street at the HIE but I didn't want to walk over and see it with my own eyes. I was assured this property was 'as nice' but this being the sister hotel, seemed like they got all the old beds and pillows from 'across' the street.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
sue
Great hotel overall, no real complaints other than I should have looked further into location. Searched for hotels near Killington. This one said 23 miles which is correct but due to rural routes speed limits, it was a 50min-1hr drive to mountain
4 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2014
Everything was very good, although the room was too warm. It eventually cooled down (opened the sliding glass doors in 25 degree weather), but they could save some energy by not overheating vacant rooms.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Greg
I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. It was easy to find and could easily get right on the highway. My only complaint was that the room was extremely warm even with turning off the room control. Otherwise I would stay again.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Close to Upper Valley Aquatic Center"
I thought the hotel is very nice. I have to say, I found the complimentary breakfast quite a disappointment. I try to avoid sweets and wheat when possible. The only choice was peanut butter, a banana and some very overcooked scrambled eggs. There was no unsweetened oatmeal, breakfast meat or fresh fruit salad.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
"in the middle of nowhere"
the room was not clean, neither the second room I requested
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights while skiing at Killington (about an hour's drive away). The public areas of the hotel were in good condition, but our room left something to be desired. The bathroom had a light fixture that was falling off the wall. (It never came completely off, but it was the kind of problem that had obviously been there since before our arrival and should have been fixed between room occupants.) Housekeeping seemed to be a problem for the hotel. We found used dental floss on our bathroom floor and a long blonde hair in the bedding. The low point of the stay, however, was that on the second night of our stay, a battalion of tree service trucks was beeping and maneuvering in the parking lot outside our room between 10pm and 5am, making it impossible to sleep. It was utterly bizarre -- I've never experienced anything like this at a hotel before. It wasn't clear whether these trucks had been hired by the hotel to perform service in the parking lot, or if their drivers were staying in the hotel while en route somewhere. I never got the chance to find out, because when I checked out, the front desk staff did not bother to ask how our stay was.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Too warm for Skiing at Killington"
Reasonable distance from the ski resort, but farther than we would have liked given the two lane travel to the resort. Very pretty drive though. The immediate area of the hotel lacked character and hotel staff offered limited help with suggestions of what to do when the ski slope was lacking snow. We found a movie theater in Lebanon and some fun restaurants in Hanover and Woodstock.
2 night trip Dec 22, 2013
skibunny
Room is spacious, equipped with a small kitching area, which is more than i expected. Dishes and Cups are available in the cabin.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
room was prepared with everything we asked for before we arrived. Easy access to major highways. Clean and friendly environment
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013