All hotels in Freeport, Maine, United States of America
537 Route 1 South, Freeport, ME, 04032, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

was ok could use some work
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Keith
Great stay. Bed linens need to be updated.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Stay was okay"
Staff was very rude!
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"Nicest Econolodge I've stayed at."
Nicest Econolodge I've stayed at.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Travis
"get what you pay for"
Pros - friendly service, clean, good breakfast. Cons - low water pressure for shower, very tiny bathroom, very loud air conditioner.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Nice hotel to stay and visit area."
This is a basic hotel, no amenities beyond a nice room.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Place to Lay Your Head Only"
Seemed clean and attempts at modernizeing but was the "old style" MOTEL. No internal hallways, walk outdoors to lobby. NOT fora vacation but OK to lay your head.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
D & J
"decent place, good location"
You get what you paid for.. decent place, good location. Right next to Maine Beer Company, short ride to downtown. Room was ok. Not dirty but didn't have a super clean/fresh feel either. Staff was nice, can't complain for $60.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Perfect for what we needed"
We needed a place to sleep. We arrived late and left early. It was the perfect place. The price was right and it included breakfast.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Riley
A good alternative to the more expensive in town hotels,B &Bs. Clean but small bathroom Comfortable king size bed. Safe, close to room door parking. The Maine Beer Co new brewery is right (walking distance )next door!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"decent stay"
In the area visiting colleges with our son. Room was adequate, clean and quiet. No frills but had everything we needed. Breakfast was typical free continental breakfast which left little to be desired so we opted against it on the second morning of our two night stay.
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Trip"
Room was o.k.
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Donald
"Clean, has everything you need"
The Econo Lodge was a very nice place to stay. Nothing fancy, but it was comfortable, the desk clerks were very pleasant and helpful in finding restaurants in the area, and we were very impressed with the cleanliness. I would definitely recommend it to others and would stay again.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Carolee
"pet friendly"
Very good but there wasn't a desk chair. Which is minuscule, but annoying when i had to do my paperwork on the bed with my dog trying to cuddle the whole time.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Roderick
"Would stay here again!"
Would say this is a good value for the money, free wifi, microwave and fridge in the room, free continental breakfast, including yummy fresh waffles. Fixtures in room seemed worn but everything worked.Close proximity to downtown Freeport with a few good restaurants along the way.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Deanne
"A nice stay!"
I have stayed at this facility a few times. It has always been clean and the staff is nice. There are a lot of nice places to shop in Freeport and many nice restaurants.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Christine
We stayed here on a overnight to antique in Maine and found this motel conveniently located.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Art
"Great value for LLBean area."
Good value. Clean room, adequate breakfast, mattress nothing special. Heat was off and took 2 hours to reach comfortable level but would stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Ernest
"Nice hotel in a good location"
I look for only a few things in a hotel room: Is the room clean? Yes Is the bed comfortable? Yes Is the room quiet Yes This room was a nice deal. The continental breakfast was good, not spectacular. I admit I do like to make my own waffles! Location is good, right at the I-295 exit to Freeport. I would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great Value"
We were worried because the price was too good top be true. But the place was clean and you could tell there was pride in the detail. The breakfast was simple but everything was good. We had no regrets, we come every Christmas season to shop and we will stay again next year.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Martha
"Exceptional"
Staff was very accommodating, especially given the short notice of my reservation. I'd stay there again without hesitation. Great value, too.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Lydia
"Right off the interstate"
Nice enjoyable overnight stay. Clean and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
jerry
"Family vacation"
Convenient location for mid coast Maine adventures. Great place to put your head down for the night and clean up in the morning for your next adventure. Nothing spectacular or anything that stands out about the place. Very friendly staff.
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
Was perfect for one nigth on travel. Very nice staff.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Urs
"Business Trip"
The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable (and there were lots of pillows). I typically find the water pressure in showers in hotels lacking, but this one was fantastic. They also have a great selection of TV channels to choose from. The location is nice with a supermarket, gas stations. And great restaurants less than a mile away. Very convenient right off of Route 295, but no traffic noise. I would recommend and stay again if I am in the area.
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"First Come First Serve Should matter"
The hotel was satisfactory, however I checked in Friday and it was early, the rooms were 75% vacant, My room did not have a refrigerator or microwave oven. I called the front desk and asked if they had these items and I would pay extra for them. I was told by the front desk Econo-Lodge did not supply those items. I was very surprised to see on Sunday morning while I was getting ready to check-out that as housekeeping opened the rooms for service to discover that nearly all the rooms contained these items. I was very unhappy about that, I questioned the front desk and was told that, " You asked if we had any refrigerators and we didn't" I was not given a refrigerator and microwave and feel that because it was a reservation made from Hotels.com that I wasn't given that a walk in would get.I was there for work and was forced to eat out every meal. They could have been more accommodating with a "first come first serve" treatment.Other than that it was a satisfactory stay.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Henry Moses
"econolodge freeport"
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It was clean and within a short distance of restaurants. I had forgotten my toothbrush and they gladly gave me a new one. Breakfast was free and this was the only place I've ever stayed at that had boiled eggs. One of the few foods I can eat before running a half marathon. Staff was courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"The room was nice. It smelled fresh and was clean"
Very pleasant staff. Accommodations were very nice. Continental breakfast was great. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Our go-to place in Freeport"
We usually visit Freeport at least once a year and this Econo Lodge is always our go-to place. It has never been anything but clean, comfortable, and very reasonable. Breakfast is included and the staff is friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Jeanne R
"Good location for Shopping at Outlets"
We have stayed at the Freeport Econo Lodge multiple times over the years. Staff are always friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast is okay but nothing extravagant. The hotel is very easy to access off of the highway and is close to the outlet shopping and our favorite pizza at Antonio's Restaurant. The rooms are always clean and the price is reasonable.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Al
"Staff are nice"
Very nice! Breakfast place is small but good. Good location! Good area!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
mainelover
"loud noises from adjourning rooms"
Terrible. We had to leave a day early because the door that separated our room from the next did not close properly. We could hear every word from our neighbors and could have easily carried on a conversation without raising our voices.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Clean safe and comfortable."
I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The only issue was free breakfast until 10am was packed up by 9:20.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Rob
Hotel was good, in a good location. We were only there 1 night, but had no complaints.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"You get what you pay for it."
I didn't expect too much from what I paid so I think, this is just O.K for the price. I really didn't like the smell of water though.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Takuma
"Good 'nough"
It was a safe, clean, basic hotel for those who plan to be wowed by the sights and sounds of Maine rather than their hotel room. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Stayed here over a twenty year period in time."
This was my go to motel in the area when I started traveling for work to the area in mid 90's, it was sold a couple of times since. First time back in many years. It is an Econo Lodge at best. My floor felt damp all the time. Other then that OK. Will I stay again. probably not. But if I had to, It is not the worst place to stay. Very close for Portland and Freeport shopping. Safe and convenient to highway. Breakfast is mostly carbs, but down the street is Sunrise Cafe, a local breakfast nook.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Gary S
"Mystic vacation in July 2014"
Driving south on 95 and looking for a modest motel, free of mold and smoky smelly rooms. This motel is it. Modest in price, clean, comfortable bed, hot shower with plenty of water pressure. Room had microwave, frig, tv, and good a/c.close to two eateries.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Good motel close to shopping area"
This is not 5 star but for the market it aims at I could not fault it. Room was clean and fresh, showers hot and bed comfortable. Breakfast was good with hot waffles, cereals, muffins, eggs and donuts. Shopping is about 1 mile down the road.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Excellent location"
This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It's in a great location, just off of the highway for easy access to get to Portland area for shopping or dining and it's also conveniently right down the road from the Freeport outlets. Such a nice area, shops and restaurants. I come up to Freeport, Maine a few times a year and this has become my go-to hotel.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Good Value & Dog-Friendly"
This was a good "pet-friendly" hotel on the way to our destination. The pet-rooms were on the first floor and convenient. The coffee-maker in our room did not have the right pot, so it did not work correctly. There was some noise from upstairs tenant, which was annoying, as we were tired and it was quite late at night. We had a little trouble finding the driveway in, as the lights for the entrance sign were not turned on. The continental breakfast was quite adequate. I would recommend they have a table near the coffee decanters for adding creamers and sugars to coffee, near to the trash containers.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"Rest and relaxing"
Clean room and bathroom. Tons of snow but they did a good job removing it. The staff were excellent and the continental breakfast was very good. Going back to Maine in May and already reserved my next room.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Enrique Camacho
We've been coming here on and off for years, and I have to say that since the newer owners have taken over, each year brings about more updates and positive changes. This time, the big thing was flat screen TV's as well as several gluten free breakfast options upon request. This is by no means a high end hotel, but location, convenience, service, and cleanliness make for a very pleasant experience. Keep up the good work, guys!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Alex
"Close to family"
It was overall pleasasnt, but the bathroom, although fairly clean, is showing signs of wear and tear. There are what seems like permanent stains in the bathtub and cracks along the drywall joints. Nevertheless we give it a overall rating of 3.6. Great price, amenitites (fridge and microwave included, pets at no extra cost, Wi-Fi) and a fairly decent continental breakfast for a reasonable price, makes it all a place to go back to when given the chance.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
"Not Clean"
The first room we checked into had beer bottle caps on the floor and a gross bug like thing hanging from the ceiling. We switched rooms. The new room was better but was still somewhat dirty. We saw potato chip crumbs behind the bed headboard. The breakfast coffee was the worst tasting coffee I have ever had and the choices of food were limited.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"Close to LL Bean shopping"
The floors were dirty, the blow dryer was disgusting (I put a washcloth over the handle). We had to walk outside in the cold to get down to the office and breakfast. Would not stay there again. Staff was nice, but that doesn't make up for the other pitfalls.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
RS
very helpful staff,willing to help
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
baldo
It served us well for a shopping trip to freeport.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Girls Shopping weekend"
Stayed for one night to go shopping in freeport. Great location close to highway and shopping. Coud room was spotless. Clean smell, not perfumed or trying to cover anything. Beds were very comfortable.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Sue
"Price Value"
Considering the price, it was a good value. The only negative is: the lack of space for patrons to sit down and have the continental breakfast.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013