All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
1900 Rio Grande Street, Austin, TX, 78705, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
The front desk guys were a little rude and not very helpful.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"5 star Hotel and Service"
Near the capital. This hotel is very impressive from its historical significance and restoration. The staff and valet were very accomidating from setting up our in room couples massage, hair appointment to helping us get to and from our appointments. The resturant has an amazing atmosphere with 5 star service amd food. Thank You Hotel Ella for a great experience!
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Hotel Ella"
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the transportation service was fantastic.
3 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
"Great Bar, Great Staff"
I booked Hotel Ella for my wife's 30th birthday weekend in Austin. It was perfect! The happy hour at the bar was amazing! Great atmosphere.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Hotel Ella is a must in Austin!"
This is the best!. The rooms are large, well planned, beautifully appointed and the beds are terrific. This is a world class hotel with the charm of an exclusive inn. The staff is friendly, efficient, and polite with out being officious. It does not get better than this
3 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Great place to stay in the city of Austin. Will definitely be staying at Ella again when I'm in Austin.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Hotel Ella"
Beautiful mansion converted into a hotel, very elegant, the restaurant and bar were lovely and the staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Jose L
"T & M will go again - to Hotel Ella"
Thank goodness we chose Hotel Ella for our weekend stay in Austin! In the past when visiting Austin, we have stayed at a couple of very high-end hotels (which will remain nameless) because of their reputation and location. Those experiences were adequate but nothing special and certainly, the money spent didn't equal the experience. At Hotel Ella, the charm and warmth of the environment was palpable and so very relaxed. We stayed in the 'Main House' - lovely! The room itself was small but well accommodated and the bed was so comfortable I didn't care about how much space I had. As an interesting juxtaposition, we could've roller skated in our bathroom it was so big! The bar was elegant with a great wine/cocktail selection and food menu. We were in town for a concert and the convenience of having the hotel car drive us there and pick us up was more than spectacular - shout out to Jacob who took great care of us! The next morning our brunch in the restaurant was impressive in that it was creative and bountiful! We'll be staying again next trip. The ONLY thing I could say that might bother some people is the construction all around the hotel. However, that is pretty much everywhere you go in Austin right now...
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Teel
"Ella nice but"
Parking terrible valet parking only at $25 extra per day. Unable to connect to wifi. Great ambiance and comfy room. Excellent porch.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Lance
"Lovely period piece"
I enjoyed my stay. The old elegance of the hotel was a pleasant surprise. The building is a designated landmark. My room was lovely, well-appointed, and quiet. The service was excellent, and the location was perfect for a visit to the University of Texas
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Elissa B
"Historic hotel near UT Austin/Austin State Capitol"
Overall, our stay at Hotel Ella was excellent. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We really like that they have a bar that hosts happy hour everyday for half off all drinks and bar appetizers. My husband particularly enjoyed the local beers served at the bar as he is a beer enthusiast. We took advantage of their free car service (first come, first serve) pickup/drop-off to nearby locales and tourist spots. The drivers were friendly and were knowledgeable on local recommendations for places to see, visit, and eat. They also have free bikes to use but didn't get a chance to try it. Our room was on the first floor (windows faced a fence) but next time we come back, we will pick a room where the window faces to the poolside area. The hotel did an excellent job of cleaning our rooms, making it comfortable, and having a turndown service every evening. However, there was some inconsistency on how the housekeeping left our articles of clothing and toiletries in the room. (I guess this may be due to different housekeeping staff doing the cleaning everyday.) The hotel was also quick on getting us something we requested when we called the front desk (example: forks and napkins if we ate inside our room.) We would love to come back to Austin again and if we do, Hotel Ella would be our choice for a hotel.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Nikki
"Excellent hotel staff"
Very nice hotel, impressive hotel staff. It was unusual set up, lots of art pieces to admire. Relaxing atmosphere.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Oasis close to university"
A bit quiet on Sunday after thanksgiving but very nice hotel with excellent restaurant.
3 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
Jonathan
"Great hotel location for UT game"
Everything was great and even had Thanksgiving dinner on property. We even won the football game.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Greg
"Amazing service - above and beyond freindly staff"
Every staff member goes above and beyond w service friendliness and accommodating us ! Room was impeccable and we wish there was one in every city we travel to ! We would always stay here !
3 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
"Business trip"
Hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our only issue was noise. We had a first floor room and we could hear everything above us and beside us.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"nice hotel, didn't disappoint."
Room was nice, staff great. Loved the free shuttle to the downtown area. Breakfast was good. Nice bar. I would stay there again.
Jennie
"Near UT campus"
This beautiful old building has been remodeled into a hotel. I didn't get to spend much time here, as I had meetings, but loved the look of the porch and common areas. Our room was small for the price. Two negative comments. Coffee was available at 7, but I needed it way before then because of my departure time. There were no accessible electrical outlets near the bed for my phone.
CDC
Hotel Ella was a very charming boutique hotel. The location was not great, but everything you need is very close. I would recommend to anyone to stay here.
scott
The lobby is very welcoming and I like the old style columns on the outside. The rooms themselves are very clean, well kept and maintained well. They were more modern then I thought they would be. There is a lot of construction going on near the hotel so walking is a bit difficult.
matt
"Hotel Ella"
I really enjoyed the hotel. There are great photographs and original art through out the hotel. They have a great bar with a mixologist and a happy hour that is hard to beat. The rooms are not large but very comfortable and attractive. A beautiful hotel!
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Rita
"Business trip"
This hotel is a neat boutique find. It sits right across the road from University of TX. Hotel offers a free shuttle within a 3 mile radius that was extremely helpful!! Rooms were small but very comfortable. Staff was so helpful!!!
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Dana
"Very Disappointed"
Very disappointing for the price...Attempting elegance, but fails in the most basic convenience categories. The room does not even have a closet. Clothes must hang on a garment rack that is open to the room and just looks and feels very unkempt. No surface area to put anything, including makeup when trying to apply. No coffeemaker in the room. At $500+ per night, I would expect quite a bit more. Probably the most disappointing stay in the 8 years I've been coming to visit my UT college students in this wonderful city.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Paula
"Not a good place if you are on business."
This was our first stay since the remodel and name change - the hotel was formerly the Mansion on Judge's Hill. For $259, our room was barely large enough to move around in. It was raining the entire time and there was no way to get from the room in the rear wing of the hotel to the registration desk and main lobby without getting wet. Internet wireless service ranged from poor to non-existent. We won't be staying here again, which is unfortunate, since it is in a convenient location.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Quaint yet sophisticated"
This hotel is charming but also fresh and modern. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and they had a very convenient hotel car service for going short distances around town. I only wish I could have stayed longer. The ambience was very relaxing. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Smallest room I ever paid $300 plus dollars for. Sink was in the bedroom, bathroom small, very cramped and uncomfortable
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
greg
Beautiful hotel. Walking distance to many great restaurants and sights.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, Superb hospitality"
I could stay here just to enjoy the architecture alone, but add the convenient location, beautiful and clean room, extra-hospitable staff and amenities and the place is unbeatable. The small staff was attentive and kind, and we seemed to know many of them by name within our 3 days stay—they just took care of us. Don't you want to feel taken care of? The bartender, valet guys, waitress, and manager we spent time with all impressed. My husband complained that the shower didn't keep a hot temperature, but I didn't really notice. A complimentary crib was in our room before we arrived, which I really appreciated. Daily desserts, magazines and a really comfortable robe were little luxuries I liked. Our request for an iron & board and razor were met quickly. The valet left cold water in our cup holder after retrieving our car—we very much appreciated that! Our room no. 216 had the BEST 2nd story view of the pool, it physically overlooked it and we got a great breeze from the small balcony. The location was excellent, you could get anywhere in no time at all, and while the neighborhood is very walkable, keep in mind you're really in the heart of UT campus so most walkable food/drink options are of the fast food variety, but better options are under 10 minutes away.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
jessica
"Good location, not much else"
The good- centrally located by the campus, nice verandah area, cute pool. The bad- zero attention to detail, for ex they'd replenish the coffee only w/decaf, or forget the cream. You need a shower cap- none to be found. Some rooms face an expanse of white wall- you feel almost trapped in. The tiniest vanity area. Service is lacking; front desk met a few run of the mill inquiries (shuttle service info for ex) with slack jaw and a blank expression.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Nah Thx
"Great central location"
Nice hotel for next to UT campus, little pricey, but overall a pleasant experience.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Wait a bit"
Place is under renovation and so a little shabby and disorganized- but still plenty pricy for what you get.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
KE
"Trip to Austin"
The entire experience was outstanding! I enjoyed the bar, the restaurant, and car service, the staff and the neighborhood. They did everything to make my stay enjoyable.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Very helpful staff, beautiful hotel next to the UT campus. Loved the cozy lofts in the mansion.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Very nice hotel, feels mansion style living. Next time will stay in this hotel again
Other trip May 22, 2014
david
"Charming and the people are proud to work there!"
Nice to smoke my cigar with the guys outside that arrange the transport!
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
klaas

"Sweet little Spot"
Excellent sweet hotel off the beaten path! Relaxing and comfortable. Great service.
3 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
Elise
"Nice but expensive"
Location was excellent however it's hard to justify the cost.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Clarke
"Perfectly located for the university"
Modernity mixed with old elegance and with the most impressive staff. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and the idea of a car available to take within a 3 mile radius was heaven.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015

"Si vuelvo a Austin me quedo ahí de nuevo!"
Excelente experiencia, muy cómodo hotel, servicio sobresaliente, muy buena relación costo beneficio, defintivamente si vuelvo a Austin me quedo ahí de nuevo
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015