All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1900 Rio Grande Street, Austin, TX, 78705, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
1 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Ella

"Couple on work/play weekend trip"
04/29/15 Bonnie W Vancouver, Canada
Beautiful, generously sized rooms. Great for anyone who appreciates on-trend home decor and design. Service and staff were excellent. Laid-back and comfortable. Restaurant food could be better but in general it was a 10/10 stay.
"Beautiful Mansion, Nice Visit"
04/21/15 Lisa S S Chicago, Illinois
I only stayed one night. The property is very nice, on the edge of the UT-Austin campus. Nice to have a drink on the veranda with a good breeze on a warm day! I stayed in the main building on the 2nd floor, and if not using the stairs you have to squeeze past the cramped front desk area to take the elevator (remember it is a old building!). There were several windows in the suite, one which faced the pool area. The room was lovely and just enough room.
"Pure Charm"
04/15/15 oceanliving11 Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Wonderful, darling, charming hotel. Decor is somewhat mid-century with a twist of history. The staff is incredibly nice from the check in to the restaurant. Highly recommend. The only thing I can't comment on is the location as I was there on business with no down time to explore. Such a unique hotel!
"Wonderful hotel!"
04/13/15 Anna M Austin, Texas
My husband and I stayed at Hotel Ella for our 5th wedding anniversary and the staff went above and beyond to help us celebrate! They were kind enough to offer us an upgraded room and complimentary drinks due to the occasion, which we enjoyed thoroughly on the wrap around balcony on the second story. The bed was really comfortable and the hand soap and lotion smelled heavenly! Would highly recommend Hotel Ella!
"superb hotel for business trips"
04/11/15 zestrax
I booked into the Ella for a 3 day business trip. Not the sort of hotel you might consider usual for business, but I was pleasantly surprised. First of all everyone at the hotel were very friendly always had a smile and ready to help you with anything, no matter how small. Even the maids were happy and wished you good day as you passed them busy working in the corridor. It felt like a big happy family welcoming you to their home. The hotel's comitment to service even extends to having there own car to carry guests on short trips-shopping, dinner, or evening business meetings. This was really cool. The hotel is not only a nice historical looking building, it has great places to kick out, set up your laptop and do some work. I spent an early evening on the varander catching up the email with a couple of g&t's. There is a small lap pool outside great to unwind after work in the sun, do some conference calls as it's quiet and chilled out. The rooms are spacious clean. With a giant bed you can loose yourself in. They are also really quiet perfect for getting over Jet lag. Highly recommend the hotel and would stay again
"Outstanding Hotel!!"
04/10/15 Larry S Chicago, Illinois
I stayed at this hotel with my wife recently and it was a fantastic experience! It had a walk out balcony and everything about it made it a memorable stay. If you want a comfortable mansion home like environment and a quiet place to relax this is the place! The staff was friendly and gracious. The room had locally produced goodies and everything about it was unique and not mass produced like so many hotel chain experiences today. The furniture, and the bed were really comfortable. I travel constantly and I can say this is the best hotel experience I've ever had. If you want to stay somewhere unique, comfortable, and have both a Texas history and Austin experience ---this is the place!!
"Wonderful Hotel for Texas History and Perfect Service"
04/08/15 J S Houston, Texas
Hotel Ella is a beautifully restored boutique hotel brimming with Texas History. Our room was filled with personality - it was like staying in the guest room of some very well to do friends. The room opened up to the second-story balcony one can enjoy with other guests staying on the same floor (be sure to ask the staff why the balcony ceiling is painted the color it is painted - it is an interesting story and a part of Texas history). A nice touch were the "goodies" in the room's mini bar - loved the "locally sourced" Texas snacks - so much nicer that the usual vending-machine stuff you will find in the big hotel chains. If you are looking for a corporate, cookie-cutter standard room you should look elsewhere. If you are looking for beautifully appointed and elegant rooms (to say nothing of extremely comfortable beds and thick towels) and a staff that makes you feel like a guest rather than a customer, then you should stay here. The service is outstanding, striking that perfect balance between friendliness and professionalism. Take the time to read up on the history of the building and its previous owners, then stroll the building and grounds and enjoy the architecture and the art. Wonderful!
"Great week at Hotel Ella!"
04/08/15 Lamm1154
Hotel Ella was our home base for the last 5 days and we hate to leave. Wonderful boutique feeling. Our room was spacious and wonderfully appointed. The bed was so comfortable I thought I was sleeping on clouds. Best "pillow chocolates", great unobtrusive service. Annie in the bar was terrific and we enjoyed starting and then ending our evenings there. Fabulous happy hour with a variety of seating areas to enjoy. Annie in the bar was particularly friendly and made us some very good drinks. The veranda was so enjoyable at any time of day. Courtesy car was very convenient although hotel itself is centrally located. Easter brunch with petting animals was wonderful. A real "family" feel. We would highly recommend Hotel Ella and look forward to returning
"Best Hotel Experience"
04/07/15 Titamalita
I recently spent 6 days at Hotel Ella and it exceeded all of my expectations. I was in Austin for a conference that could have been stressful but the staff made sure that everything worked out for me. I was always greeted with a smile and I assume that southern hospitality that doesn't exist in Los Angeles. My room was very comfortable and I enjoyed winding down there after a long days work. I could go on and on about how great every individual was who worked at Hotel Ella but just know when you stay there you get beauty, comfort, luxury, delicious food, and amazing people. I will definitely be back unless I just move to Austin all together because my experience was that good.
"Hotel ELLA is a CHARMING DEIGHTFUL HOTEL"
03/31/15 barbara b Redwood City, California
We both were delighted with our stay at the HOTEL ELLA. it is like a quaint European hotel, a nice dining room, a beautiful veranda to sit and read, eat, drink or just relax. Their Pim cocktails are superb. The rooms are very comfortable, and decorated with charming taste. We would definitely recommend this place to our friends. The staff is so friendly and helpful,