All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
1900 Rio Grande Street, Austin, TX, 78705, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"nice hotel, didn't disappoint."
Room was nice, staff great. Loved the free shuttle to the downtown area. Breakfast was good. Nice bar. I would stay there again.
Jennie
"Near UT campus"
This beautiful old building has been remodeled into a hotel. I didn't get to spend much time here, as I had meetings, but loved the look of the porch and common areas. Our room was small for the price. Two negative comments. Coffee was available at 7, but I needed it way before then because of my departure time. There were no accessible electrical outlets near the bed for my phone.
CDC
Hotel Ella was a very charming boutique hotel. The location was not great, but everything you need is very close. I would recommend to anyone to stay here.
scott
The lobby is very welcoming and I like the old style columns on the outside. The rooms themselves are very clean, well kept and maintained well. They were more modern then I thought they would be. There is a lot of construction going on near the hotel so walking is a bit difficult.
matt
"Hotel Ella"
I really enjoyed the hotel. There are great photographs and original art through out the hotel. They have a great bar with a mixologist and a happy hour that is hard to beat. The rooms are not large but very comfortable and attractive. A beautiful hotel!
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Rita
"Business trip"
This hotel is a neat boutique find. It sits right across the road from University of TX. Hotel offers a free shuttle within a 3 mile radius that was extremely helpful!! Rooms were small but very comfortable. Staff was so helpful!!!
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Dana
"Very Disappointed"
Very disappointing for the price...Attempting elegance, but fails in the most basic convenience categories. The room does not even have a closet. Clothes must hang on a garment rack that is open to the room and just looks and feels very unkempt. No surface area to put anything, including makeup when trying to apply. No coffeemaker in the room. At $500+ per night, I would expect quite a bit more. Probably the most disappointing stay in the 8 years I've been coming to visit my UT college students in this wonderful city.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Paula
"Not a good place if you are on business."
This was our first stay since the remodel and name change - the hotel was formerly the Mansion on Judge's Hill. For $259, our room was barely large enough to move around in. It was raining the entire time and there was no way to get from the room in the rear wing of the hotel to the registration desk and main lobby without getting wet. Internet wireless service ranged from poor to non-existent. We won't be staying here again, which is unfortunate, since it is in a convenient location.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Quaint yet sophisticated"
This hotel is charming but also fresh and modern. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and they had a very convenient hotel car service for going short distances around town. I only wish I could have stayed longer. The ambience was very relaxing. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Smallest room I ever paid $300 plus dollars for. Sink was in the bedroom, bathroom small, very cramped and uncomfortable
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
greg
Beautiful hotel. Walking distance to many great restaurants and sights.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, Superb hospitality"
I could stay here just to enjoy the architecture alone, but add the convenient location, beautiful and clean room, extra-hospitable staff and amenities and the place is unbeatable. The small staff was attentive and kind, and we seemed to know many of them by name within our 3 days stay—they just took care of us. Don't you want to feel taken care of? The bartender, valet guys, waitress, and manager we spent time with all impressed. My husband complained that the shower didn't keep a hot temperature, but I didn't really notice. A complimentary crib was in our room before we arrived, which I really appreciated. Daily desserts, magazines and a really comfortable robe were little luxuries I liked. Our request for an iron & board and razor were met quickly. The valet left cold water in our cup holder after retrieving our car—we very much appreciated that! Our room no. 216 had the BEST 2nd story view of the pool, it physically overlooked it and we got a great breeze from the small balcony. The location was excellent, you could get anywhere in no time at all, and while the neighborhood is very walkable, keep in mind you're really in the heart of UT campus so most walkable food/drink options are of the fast food variety, but better options are under 10 minutes away.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
jessica
"Good location, not much else"
The good- centrally located by the campus, nice verandah area, cute pool. The bad- zero attention to detail, for ex they'd replenish the coffee only w/decaf, or forget the cream. You need a shower cap- none to be found. Some rooms face an expanse of white wall- you feel almost trapped in. The tiniest vanity area. Service is lacking; front desk met a few run of the mill inquiries (shuttle service info for ex) with slack jaw and a blank expression.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Nah Thx
"Great central location"
Nice hotel for next to UT campus, little pricey, but overall a pleasant experience.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Wait a bit"
Place is under renovation and so a little shabby and disorganized- but still plenty pricy for what you get.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
KE
"Trip to Austin"
The entire experience was outstanding! I enjoyed the bar, the restaurant, and car service, the staff and the neighborhood. They did everything to make my stay enjoyable.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Very helpful staff, beautiful hotel next to the UT campus. Loved the cozy lofts in the mansion.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Very nice hotel, feels mansion style living. Next time will stay in this hotel again
Other trip May 22, 2014
david
"Charming and the people are proud to work there!"
Nice to smoke my cigar with the guys outside that arrange the transport!
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
klaas

"Sweet little Spot"
Excellent sweet hotel off the beaten path! Relaxing and comfortable. Great service.
3 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
Elise
"Nice but expensive"
Location was excellent however it's hard to justify the cost.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Clarke
"Perfectly located for the university"
Modernity mixed with old elegance and with the most impressive staff. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and the idea of a car available to take within a 3 mile radius was heaven.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015

"Si vuelvo a Austin me quedo ahí de nuevo!"
Excelente experiencia, muy cómodo hotel, servicio sobresaliente, muy buena relación costo beneficio, defintivamente si vuelvo a Austin me quedo ahí de nuevo
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
1 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Ella

"Comfortable location close the everything "
08/02/15 EnglishmanSA San Antonio
What a lovely place! Room was comfortable and clean. The bar has excellent beer on tap and they make some great cocktails. The free shuttle service was an unexpected bonus and made going out for the evening care free. Pool area is charming and the pool is temperature controlled which is great for the Texas summer.
"Excellent stay"
07/28/15 James C The Woodlands, Texas
In town for a quick trip I decided to stay here instead of one of my other normal choices, and I am glad I did! The staff was well above average, and in a few cases truly exceptional. The check-in and check-out process was smooth and pleasant, the valets were great, and room service folks were nice as well. My one flaw is that the bed wasn't as comfortable as I would like, but I still had a good night's sleep. One unexpected plus was the complimentary shoe shine service. I wasn't expecting much, quite honestly, but they did a nice job.
"Historic Boutique Hotel"
07/20/15 Number1green Spicewood, Texas
We choose Hotel Ella for our 34th anniversary and found a delightful historical place. Our stay begin a little downhill with some confusion by the receptionist regarding our previously confirmed early 2pm check-in. We were disappointed that our room did not have a walk-in shower as shown on their web page but otherwise the jr. suite was very comfortable and clean. The pool badly needed updating plus better poolside service from the bar would have been nice. We loved the hotel's wrap around entrance porch were you could sit and order drinks and appetizers from the bar. The free shuttle car was a nice amenity which we used for dinner reservations. With a few updates and some additional staff training, the place could become an excellent rated boutique hotel.
"business trip"
07/18/15 Becky G Memphis, Tennessee
LOVED LOVED this hotel! ALL of the staff are wonderful! i usually go out and find great restaurants while in town but wanted to eat every meal at Goodalls! Fantastic the "bell men" were absolutely the nicest, most helpful guys ever can't wait to stay here again
"Beautiful Hotel, So-so Location"
07/14/15 Chidawgo Chicago, Illinois
I was going to give this hotel 4 stars, but I've had to deal with a significant billing issue for the last week that's left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't think there's intent to overcharge me and the hotel even acknowledges the charge should be removed, but for whatever reason they aren't following through and I have to dispute it w/ my CC. Anyways, the hotel is what you care about and it is beautiful and charming. We got to stay in the mansion itself, not the built-on annex which a few other guests mentioned was not as special. As advertised, it is a southern mansion with huge wrap-around porches perfect for couples and relaxing w/ a beverage of your choice. The staff was extremely friendly throughout our stay and they deserve 5 stars. A few things you should know: 1. Thin walls - I mentioned it was great for couples, right? Well, you can hear EVERYTHING. I'll leave it at that. 2. A little claustrophobic. I'm a tall guy and the ceilings on the third floor were angled into our living space and bathroom due to the mansion architecture. This resulted in a lot of ducking while walking around the room. 3. Location isn't good. Unless you are there to see UT, you need a car/Uber to get into town. It's sits on the side of somewhat busy highway w/ no walking access to restaurants. Austin isn't a walkable city in general, but to the hotel's credit, they do offer a car service to drive you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. 4. Wi-Fi doesn't work. For those of you who are never truly on vacation like me, this matters.
"Great stay and very helpful staff"
07/14/15 Bbbbbesty
We had a lovely stay at Hotel Ella and from the moment we arrived the staff were very helpful and took the time to explain many places of interest to suit our needs. We had a very big room and bathroom, with a lovely bed and decor. The complimentary car shuttle was a great help to get into town in the Austin heat. The grounds of the property were a little smaller than I anticipated from the hotels website and was a lot closer to the main road. However the building itself was lovely and the pool looked very inviting. Great location if you need to be close to the university.
"Crap shoot on the room"
07/12/15 Kathleen C
This historic home outfitted to be a boutique hotel is beautiful and has very good staff. Be sure, however, to get an accurate description of the room available before you book it. My husband and I booked late and got a beautiful room on the second floor of the annex, over-looking the pool. We had a sitting area, a large closet and and a shower/toilet room separate from the sink. The toiletries were very nice, made in a the nearby town of Round Top. Our friends, on the other hand, had a "suite " on the third floor of the home. It was half the size of our room, had no closet, only a clothes rack, and all of the bathroom fixtures were in one room. To makes matters worse, the ceiling had all these pitches into the room to accommodate the roof gables. There was no couch, only two window seats. The dining room was beautiful and served a delicious brunch, the only meal we ate there. The bar was all chrome and black leather, very sexy. A great place to meet for drinks. The art work and photographs are worth checking out. I'd rate this hotel a four star if I hadn't seen my friend's room. Just go by for drinks if nothing else.
"Wonderful Stay at Hotel Ella"
07/11/15 samantha r New York City, New York
Hotel Ella was perfect for a girls' weekend! The hotel pool (and drinks) were fabulous, as were the kind people who worked at the hotel (shout out to Jimmy, who must have helped us valet the car over 15 times that weekend haha). Fantastic area close to everything!
"Relaxing Stay"
07/09/15 Kate W Columbus, Ohio, United States
Loved the hotel, beautiful and service was great. The rooms were chic and comfortable, the mattress gave me some of the best sleep I've had in a while! Would stay there again! The veranda was the perfect place for breakfast in the morning and a great place to end the evening.
"Beautiful jewel in Austin"
07/03/15 Theresa M Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Absolutely wonderful hotel. Made our stay in Austin even better. The service is amazing. I truly have not experienced a more helpful , friendly and courteous staff. They have free bikes to use on a first come first service basis. Great way to,see the city. Would strongly recommend. They also,have a car service that we used at night. It is free and will take and pick you up within a 3 mile radius. The hotel is located in a central location and 3 miles gets you to most off the top attractions, museums, etc. will definitely stay agin next time in Austin,