All hotels in Reykjavik, Iceland

The overall stay wasn't half bad. I did not know that the location was not really centrally located in the heart of the city but rather next to an airport. The design of the room was pleasant and I really loved the lounge/meeting/dining/bar/reception areas of this hotel. Room was quite basic. Bed was comfortable but nothing to call home about. The bathroom was a bit dated and the hair dryer was busted... I ended up going into the vacant room next door as the maids were cleaning since the reception never was able to talk to the headmaster and have it replaced. Parking and finding the hotel was convenient and simple.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
Angela
"Exceptional"
Although the hotel is not located close to the downtown area, it is near to the city bus service. The entire STAFF was friendly, helpful, conscientious and extremely polite. The food was wonderful! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Iceland.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
Jill Marie.
"Scandinavia Design and Atmosphere"
The hotel is located literally 100 feet from the Reykjavik Domestic Airport but across the air field from the airport terminals. I encountered a horrible check-in person initially but later found a fantastic front desk person to balance out my experience. There is a spa in the hotel. The hot tub and pool are colorfully lit and have a nice atmosphere as long as young kids are not splashing in the pool. There's also a nice workout room with free weights, dry and wet saunas. At the hotel restaurant, Satt, get the buffet for 5,500 Kronu if you are hungry, it's worth it. The deluxe rooms are much nicer than regular rooms but obviously cost more. My queen bed was actually two twins pushed together, which I didn't appreciate. There's not much else to do at the hotel. I found nicely groomed walking paths across the street. You can also take the hotel bus shuttle downtown to where all the action is.
Other trip Aug 25, 2012
American male
"Nice Spa, but outdated hotelroom. No free Wifi?!"
No free wifi and it is per device you have to pay. Iphone and PC is 2 x paying! Spa is superb! Room is out dated.
Other trip Aug 25, 2012
Kees
"Beautiful hotel"
Very much enjoyed the amenities of this hotel (stayed 3 nights) and used it as a base for going into the old city center as well as leaving the city for day trips. Great morning breakfast spread. Beautiful pool/sauna/soaking spa. All in all, a great place to stay. Also, the staff were helpful, courteous, and friendly.
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
"Good for everybody"
Good hotel with good service. I stayed with my sons( 17 and 9 y.o). It's 10 minutes walking distance from "warm beach" and 20 minutes from downtown. They have free shuttle service to take you to downtown but we did not use it. We enjoyed walking. Local airport is next to hotel. We did not hear any noise in our room. Hotel has nice swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, fitness equipment. We loved it. They have office of travel company in hotel and you can buy all tickets in hotel. I booked only one tour through Viator and rest of our trips I bought in hotel. But food is very expensive. Dinner buffet cost about $58 per person and my 9 y.o. eat very little.
Other trip Aug 18, 2012
"Good hotel for everyone."
Overall a nice hotel. Clean and pleasant atmosphere. However, even in Iceland during the summer, A/C would have been nice. We faced west and when it was sunny, our room was just oppressive. No bathroom fan either and trying to blow dry hair after many showers was unbearable. Windows barely opened so truly no relief. And there is no one to help with bags and elevators are small. Location was fine, a 1/2 walk into Reykavik. Never saw the pool. Food was just ok. Nothing to write home about.
Other trip Aug 18, 2012
MJ
"Good for overnight stay."
Good place to stay overnight if traveling to/from BSI terminal. Breakfast was good but not included in price.
Other trip Aug 15, 2012
Gulliver
"Perfectly Fine!"
If you love Iceland as I do, but you can't see how the unusually high charges at other Reykjavik hotels can be justified (they can't except for the fact that people pay them!) you'll like this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and clean, although smallish as European rooms often are. The old Reykjavik airport is literally next door. I never heard a thing when I was inside and the airport would be very convenient for anyone wanting to take a short flight on one of the ciuntry's regional carriers. The hotel staff is VERY courteous and helpful. I've stayed there several times over the long life of the hotel, and I've never been unhappy with it. I might pass on the breakfast next time, though. It'sa buffet and in days past it was a great presentation of Icelandic foods - skyrr, many cheeses, excellent breads, fish, etc, etc. but that has slipped a bit. There's a major expansion going on this summer (2012), seeming to double the hotel's size. This hotel is about a 30 minute walk to downtown Reykjavik along well-kept walking paths. A bus line to the downtown terminal runs right by. But take the walk. Reykjavik is a gorgeous city.
Other trip Jul 9, 2012
Val
"Big rooms!"
Expensive, but we got exactly what we expected. The family delux room easily fit two adults and two young children. Our room has a king bed and two twins in is and had plenty of space.
Other trip Jul 2, 2012
"Distant from sites, restaurants, etc."
I stayed at this property all of last week; it was a tremenous disappointment! It was far away from everything, and the advertised shuttle only ran 3 times in AM and 3 times in PM . A light in my room never worked, even though maintenance was supposed to fix it twice. A step down from the entry to the bedroom was dangerous especially at night; the bathtub was slick, and there were no hand rails. The only toiletries were a bottle of hand soap and another one in the shower that was supposed to be bath soap, shampoo, and conditioner! The travel desk booked my airport return bus at the wrong time, and I was not informed until an hour before I had to leave. I only talked to one waitress who appeared at all glad that I was there! Front desk staff often talked to each other when I approached them with a question, rather than talking to me. The one time that I could ride the shuttle, a sign in the right lower front window listed additional AM and PM shuttles. I copied them down while on the bus! I stayed in town to eat dinner on Sat. night and arrived at the shuttle stop to go back to the hotel. I was told that I could not get back until 10:45! It was then 7:15. Thank goodness for the extended daylight since I had to walk the 25-30 minutes to return to the hotel. Cabs have to be called ahead of time and charge outrageous prices. Tours also usually dropped off guests at this site last. l'd never call it a four-star property!
Other trip Jun 19, 2012
Traveler C
"Nice but a bit of a hike to town"
Overall we were quite satisfied with the hotel accommodations. Service was very good with the exception of the untrusting receptionist at the buffet breakfast (male, Indian or Pakastani) who did not believe that only I wanted the buffet (not my wife). The woman that assisted with the bus tours and reservations to the airport was very friendly and notable in her willingness to help. The walk to town was a bit of a hike but we actually enjoyed it. It would have been more convenient if there had been more shuttle times, but I understand that we were there off-peak.
Family trip Jun 10, 2012
"Good hotel!"
The hotel staff was helpful and it was very clean. It is about a 25 minute walk from downtown. They provide a free shuttle but could have more throughout the day.
Other trip May 24, 2012

"Nice breakfast"
Breakfast was very nice
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Winter wonderland"
5 night stay during which my husband took part in the ASCA cross country competition in ice and snow! Hotel a short distance from town centre, but free bus pass available and only 5 min ride. Plenty of public space to enjoy games, reading and chilling out. Lunch buffet excellent and loved the calzone. Staff wonderful and all trips left from hotel. Enjoyed the spa - go early when empty. Would we go back? Definitely
3 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Nice hotel, friendly staff. Location a little bit out of the way, but fine if you have a car. Make sure you book with breakfast as there is no cafes nearby.
4 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Firoz
"Perfect"
Wonderful hotel, great service and very quiet, hotel provided free bus passes so travelling into the city centre was easy.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
jules
"Birthday Getaway"
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Really enhanced the trip
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2015
Sade
"Decent hotel but further away, but they have buses"
The hotel is clean and the tour service people were great. People at reception are okay too. If I came to Iceland again or I reccmended a hotel, I would go closer to Central. They dont have many restaurants nearby, so you have to catch a bus to the city. However, the bus ticket is free from the hotel. You cant complian about the free bus ticket, which only takes 15 minutes. The issue I had was time. By the time I came back from excursions, it was time to hop onto another bus and try to see the Northern lights. Nice hotel, but they have better hotels in Central.
4 night trip with friends Jan 14, 2015
Gagandeep
"standard hotel...."
hotel is located right next to the domestic airport and is a stroll away from the perlan and the BSI bus station. Its a fair 15 minute walk into town but its a pleasant stroll once you are on the other side of the main road. Hotel lobby is very nicely presented and the rooms are of a fair standard but could do with a refurb of the bathroom. Overall a decent hotel but not right in the heart of things and its not next to Kefalvik airport if your looking for early flight option.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great hotel and restaurant"
Great hotel, great staff and tourist info. We had the most amazing meal at the hotel restaurant, I think the restaurant was called Satt. We had Shellfish soup, it was amazing. Great stay, sadly we missed the Northern lights.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Haydor
"Holiday in Iceland"
Stayed in Iceland for a week. Hotel was well suited right outside the Perlan, which gives you a 360 view of Reykjavik (10 minute walk). Hotel had a great Spa and nice restaurant (not overpriced either). Free Bus pass, with deposit, to get you in and out of Reykjavik. Really easy bus system to use and cheaper than taxis. Hotel has their own tour information which is really useful for information and booking trips. Even though its right next to the airport, it is barely noticeable. Rooms are slightly basic but are very clean. Beds are comfy and warm for those cold winter nights in Iceland.
5 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2014
Simon
"Clean, comfortable Hotel with friendly staff"
This is the second time that I have stayed at this Hotel and I will stay there again the next time that I visit Iceland. It is a really smart, modern Hotel with a nice bar and restaurant. It is about 15 mins walk from the town centre but the Hotel gives you a plastic card which entitles you to free travel on the bus which travels to the Town Centre and back twice per hour from early to late. The Hotel toiletries are the same ones that they use in their spa and they smell and feel really nice. The Hotel staff are great and nothing is too much trouble for them. I would highly recommend this Hotel.
"Recommend to stay here. Repeated stays"
Repeat stay. Lovely hotel and convenient location. Staff are great!
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"Hotel and Holiday Experience"
We had a wonderful time, a truly amazing experience which included visits to all the landmarks and attractions in our area and a little beyond. We found the Icelandic people very helpful and friendly and welcoming to visitors. The local bus into Reyjkavik was very easy to use, on time every time we used it, and the hotel offers every guest a free bus pass so well worth it. The highlight of our trip was the helicopter flight over the Golden Circle and landing on the Glacier which was amazing.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Sue
"Nice Hotel 50km from Keflavik Airport"
We arrived after an all night flight, Buffet Breakfast was still being served so we took our cases to our room went for Breakfast and then got some sleep, The evening meal was excellent, and our early morning call 0300, got us up to get the shuttle bus back to the airport to resume our journey,
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Comfortable and practical airport hotel"
Clean and modern, a nice place to stay away from the noise of central Reykjavik. Yes, there are some aircraft noises during the day, but these stop at a reasonable time of night so you can easily sleep.
3 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"good standard"
All good here.staff was professional. Food was good.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
murray
"Nice lobby and restaurant but dated hotel"
For the price our room was not worth it. It looked right out of the eighties. The lobby, service And restaurant were great.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"excellent breakfast;"
within walking distance of city centre, hotel is decorated well
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"44 Paces from the FBO!"
Pleasant and will likely return, Wifi isn't the strongest
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"4 stars in Iceland are not the same"
The location was great, easy walkable distance to downtown. Free parking, easy to drive to. Staff was nice. Happy hour was great. Lobby is really nice. Rooms are very clean, but a little tired and very small. Like most european hotels don't expect a king size bed, or a queen, or two queens! More likely a double bed or two tiny twins.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice spacious hotel"
I've stayed here several times now on business and I like it because the staff are well trained and pleasant. It has a nice atmosphere to it. It's handy if you need the domestic airport, for instance for flying to the Vestmannaeyjar Islands as the check in for eagle airways is just 50m away. It's also brilliant for plans spotters- I had a great view from my room at the back of the hotel of all the small planes taxiing and taking off and landing. The sound proofing is excellent and I wasn't aware of any noise if the window was closed. A fridge in my room was a bonus - the restaurant gave me a jug of real milk to have with my coffee. (Kettle etc provided in the room) There's a tourist office in the hotel for finding out what to do in Iceland. I'll be back.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
Kathy G
"Average hotel for a beautiful country"
Not at all the what I expected but still an ok hotel. If you don't plan on staying there all day it's fine
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Would highly recommend!"
We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the start of May. Me and my partner were very happy with the service from the hotel staff - nothing was ever too much to ask! Especially the young guy who booked our excursions, he was incredibly polite!! The room was a good size. The Soley Natura Spa was perfect to relax after a long day, and entry wasn't too much either. I was impressed with the quality of the Satt restaurant - the food as delicious and of a high quality, the waiters and waitresses were brilliant and we're very attentive! Even when me and my partner got back late from an excursion the hotel were very helpful in helping us order a pizza.. I would highly recommend this hotel :)
3 night romance trip May 4, 2014
Charl96
Spent four days at this hotel and was extremely pleased with the service at the restaraunt and the reception. Although the rooms are a bit dated the restaraunt and the spa are brand new post refurbishment. Hotel is next to an airport which did not bother me (actually enjoyed watching the small planes take off). Initially it may look far out but it's only 20min walk to town centre and if you ask at reception they will provide a free bus pass for duration if your stay. The bus stop is opposite the front door. Food quality at breakfast and dinner was also very good. If you want to use the spa however book your treatments in advance of you arriving as they get booked up fast. My friend had an all over massage and she said it was fantastic. Overall 9/10.
3 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Gordon Mair
"Nice hotel a little way out of town"
A nice hotel with very friendly staff. The rooms were comfortable but had no temperature control so were slightly stuffy. Although the hotel is right next to the domestic airport (no noise at all) it was a little way out of town. In good weather it would probably take 20-30 mins to walk in but in the cold and snow, there is a bus service (free of charge with a travel card provided by the hotel) that runs every 30 mins.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"As Far Away From Everything as You Can Get"
The hotel's located close to the city airport and therefore is about 3 km away from downtown. Taxi fare one way would be about $10 to $12. Although the room rate was very good, it was offset by the high cost of meals at the hotel restaurant. Service, in general, was mediocre unless you raised a fuss at which point it became very good. If I return, I'll stay in the city centre, where there are plenty of excellent restaurants.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Wayne Gardner
"Friendly hotel"
On arrival found alocated room small and cold,and discovered spa would be closed for maintenance the next day, so not a good start. However reception manager very understanding and ( without any fuss),changed room to one with carpet and better lighting. From then on really enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
Liz
"Nice, clean hotel"
This was one of 2 hotels we stayed in during our trip. It's perfect if your hiring a car, which we did. It is clean, with good service and plenty of parking. It's also walking distance to Perlan restaurant - which is outstanding! If your not hiring a car there are usually plenty of taxis sat outside, but the prices of the taxis are extortionate!
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Samantha
"Only Hotel in Reykjavik with a swimming pool which"
Friendly, helpful staff - spa and pool facilities which were excellent - excellent quality fresh food in the restaurants - interesting decorations, wood sculptures of people, great pictures, life-size bird displays, books on flora and fauna. Well connected with all bus services for trips and the airport at the door. Also given use of an all-Reykjavik bus pass for the length of our stay.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Nice comfortable hotel."
Hotel room basic but clean, with comfortable bed. Next to airport, but never had any noise whatsoever from planes, not a busy airport anyway. Reception staff excellent and helpful, dining room staff, well, didn't speak to them, they were a bit aloof. Cleaning staff courteous. Out of the city, but used free bus pass issued at reception, for short ride into town. Booked this hotel to be away from noisy groups in city center hotels, only had a small problem with middle-aged over- excited Americans at midnight on one occasion, but that was short lived after I banged on the door. Otherwise had 4 nights of peaceful slumber.Breakfast was plentiful, but would like to have seen more freshly cooked hot food items like bacon and eggs, (cold boiled eggs????-not very appetizing). One complaint, no drawer units and no wardrobes. Nowhere to store clothes if your staying more than one night?? Dinner-well have dinner in town. Overall a good base for a short stay in Iceland.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Barry
"Over-rated"
Having stayed in another hotel in Reykjavic, I thought that this was over-rated and a bit pretentious. Dinner was good although pricey. Got off to the wrong start, when there were no towels in the bathroom and the batteries on the remote were all but dead, so ended up controlling old TV from front panel. Disappointed I chose to use my rewards night on this hotel.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2013
"Nice hotel with great friendly and helpful staff."
We enjoyed out stay at the hotel. The Icelandic PM and Chinese dignitaries appeared to be staying at the hotel for a part of the time we were there, so clearly a respectable hotel. The staff were always helpful and friendly and booked a number of excursions for us. The hotel is not based in the city centre so expect to take a 20-30 minute walk or short taxi ride if you want to enjoy the sights of Rejykavik.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Firoze
"Excellent location"
Located right next to the city's domestic airport, but not noisy. A short walk from the downtown area and even closer to the Perlin.
3 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
"A very inconsistent hotel"
There is no consistency with this hotel. The room was clean, but the bathroom has only 1 strip of lights - which hummed when illuminated - and set above the mirror. When using the shower, and the shower curtain is drawn, there is insufficient light anywhere near the shower. Additionally, the shower "tray" had 4 large dark chips in the enamel. The Wifi access is variable. I have previously stayed at this hotel back in May 2013, where the Wifi access was provided free of charge. This time around, I had to pay ISK900 [about €UR 6 - GB£ 5] for each 24 hour session. When I questioned this, some staff were surprised that it had been free during my previous stay. If you pay for Wifi access, I would expect good service. Even though the Wifi antenna was sited in the corridor just 2 rooms away, I was only to use my phone or tablet while in the bathroom. Fortunately, my work laptop could connect - but the signal was fairly weak. Wifi access is free in the reception area, the signal isn't strong until you get close to the bar. The noise insulation wasn't great for my room. I could hear airplanes and helicopters taxiing, landing and taking off. Additionally, my room had a connecting door which meant that I was woken by the noise of the child in the next room.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"Good hotel, location not as expected"
Looked hard to find a hotel that was close to the domestic airport, that wouldn't involve extra transport. Although maps show this as being next to the airport, you still need a taxi to take you all the way round. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Base to call Home"
This was a driving holiday, and there is plenty of free parking at the front door to the hotel. The room was clean and warm with a great bathroom. The hotel staff were especially knowledgable and helpful, the rooms were always cleaned and well presented each day. With a small selection of hot beverages to welcome you back from after a long day exploring Iceland. It is next to the domestic airport but we never heard a plain land or take off and benefited us with lots of signs pointing to the airport (and thus the hotel).
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
Mopiko
"Loved Iceland Air Natura Hotel"
Two adults and three children ages 13, 11, and 10. We had the large family room where the tallest man in the world, Sultan Kosen from Turkey stayed. The room was decorated in his honour with photos and footprints. Our youngest slept in the extremely large chair that was made for the Sultan during his visit. It was so unique and fun. We loved the spa and swimming pool at the ground level and went there each evening. We had a car so we drove into Reykjavik city centre. Walking is possible but it is not easy when kids don't want to walk 20 minutes in windy, rainy weather. The hotel offers a free bus service. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. There is a nice bar that you can lounge around and happy hour makes the drinks a bargain. We had a big view of the Reykjavik airport from our room. I know some reviewers found it noisy but it was really interesting and added to the experience. The planes did not land late into the night so it did not disturb our sleep. I would definitely go back to this hotel.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
annette
"Unenthusiastic staff but clean hotel"
Breakfast was totally disorganised with many guests either upset or embarrassed. Didn't know whether to laugh or scream sometimes. Seemed to need a massive dose of hospitality training. Positives included very clean & comfortable rooms & some staff made an effort. Very expensive, so overall not value for money.
4 night trip Jul 19, 2013