All hotels in Branson, Missouri, United States of America
3221 Shepherd Of The Hills Expressway, Branson, MO, 65616, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    Breakfast is average
    Poor vibe
"Hotel"
Everything was okay except it said breakfast buffet but there was no breakfast buffet
3 night business trip Feb 4, 2016
Noah

TripAdvisor reviews for American Eagle Inn & Suites

"Branson's Best Kept Secret"
10/25/15 Jayne R
Very friendly staff, clean and inexpensive rooms. Super location just off the strip with easy access. Super pet-friendly too. Perfect for families that do not want all the frills - just a clean, modern room to stay!
"Excellent rooms"
09/16/15 imover Phoenix, Arizona
We were booked in Westwood inn but on arrival there, sent to American eagle. The room and the bathroom were very clean. The bed wasn't that comfortable but it did the job. Didn't try breakfast. Our room was away from the road, no noise. If you just want a clean room to spend a few days, this place is recommended. Visited this property in September 2015.
"Our 46th Wedding Anniversary."
08/31/15 Nancy R Kansas City, Missouri
My husband and I stay in Branson at least annually on our anniversary. This year was no different. We didn't have much money but still wanted to stay over at least 2 days. Our room was clean, functional and really different for us in that a set of bunk beds were next to our bed. We didn't have any kids with us. But I let it go to just be comfortable. I know that this was probably a family room that was actually much bigger than we needed. There is nothing wrong with their beds as far as comfort or cleanliness. I have stayed here when it was a different name with some of our church friends a few years ago. I even did some swimming in their pool. Unfortunately, it was too cool in June 2015 to swim in it. The breakfast was fine. I was surprised that they had as much as they did. I believe it was biscuits and gravy, cereal, juice, toast, bagels, waffles ( batter), and syrup with the coffee, tea, cocoa or milk with any of the condiments you needed. I think the ones that took over this motel are trying very hard to make it work. The cost was minimal and convenient to everything. The a/c was very cold. Some of the cheaper motels have a steep decline to get to the rooms which can be a problem for guests. This is not to mention the stairs if you cannot climb them, I would call ahead to book the room for their handicap ones.
"Horrible"
08/18/15 Mya D Kansas City, Missouri
My family and I travel to Branson yearly. Well we had decided to stay an additional 1 night at the last min on a busy weekend. Our original hotel Grand Country which we stayed for 3 nights was great but was booked so we had to find something else. All hotels had 2 night min stay & almost every hotel was full. Sw Mat the GM around 12am he was rude as I called twice because i had ?'s stating "Did you have any other ?'s because I have to get up a 5am to cook" as if I care this is your job to answer the phone and provide customer service. His attitude then changed when I told him I wanted to make a reservation. then offering us a "Family Suite" via phone for the next night. This hotel was terrible. The front desk clerk "lady" was very rude! The room was suppose to be smoke free well it had a very strong cigarette odor. The 🚽 still had crap 💩in/on it, the sink/tub had visible dirt.The beds had BED BUGS, the carpet was dirty and the trash wasnt even emptied nor the fridge! We had 5 ppl including a 🚼 which Mat was aware of they provided only 1 set of towels and had a fee of $15 if stained! Really! .As soon as we inspected the room we left! Go around the corner to Kings Quarters price is about the same but service is Great and Rooms are Clean!
"Never again"
08/15/15 cuddlemama Morrilton
First of all, when we made our reservations, we asked for 2 queen beds. When we arrived we had been given a family room with a double bed and bunk beds which after us getting quite upset, they did switch to a room with 2 queen beds. We said we couldn't climb steps and the first room was up steps, luckily the 2nd wasn't. You have to get to breakfast as soon as it opens or you won't get the continental breakfast as they ran out every morning. Watch your charges cause they charged our card twice for the room! Beds are extremely soft.
"Horrible Service and experence"
07/27/15 itsy2013 Hot Springs, Arkansas
I don't usually take the time to review my hotel but this was the worst one we have ever stayed in. When we arrived in the room, it still had coffee from the previous occupant in the pot and the sink had not been cleaned. No coffee or cream and sugar and no coffee cups were left for us in the room. The floor had not been vacuumed, it had dead bugs, dirt, and what appeared to be lint from the towels on the carpet. There were holes in the side of the bathtub where the grab bar was missing. I notified the front office of this so we would not be charged for damages. The toilet ran constantly so we kept the bathroom door closed. There was a note from management at the front desk and by the bathroom sink that if there was make-up on the washcloths or pillowcases there would be a charge to replace them. We travel several times a year and have never seen this. We booked a room for 2 adults and an 8 year old and a 17 year old but there were only 3 towels in the room so we had to go ask for more. The signs also said not to use the towels for the pool. There are towels provided at the pool area. It was out. We chose this hotel based on the reviews of a great breakfast and clean room. There are new owners as of a couple of months ago and they are not keeping the same standards of quality.I asked if they were around both Friday night and Saturday and never saw them. The breakfast was as lacking as the clean room. I read reviews and the hotels description and expected meat, real eggs, waffles, fruit and the usual other items. When I booked the hotel I asked about the breakfast and was told they had stopped serving meat and she wasn't sure why. The first morning I asked where the waffles were and was told the machine had broken the day before. I asked again on Sunday and they still had not replaced it. The fruit the first day consisted of 2 apples. On the second day there was no fruit. The eggs were swimming in water and were awful. The sausage gravy was ok but the biscuits were burned black on the second day. We all ended up eating cereal. We kept running out of plastic silverware, sugar packets, etc and we would have to ask the person at the front desk. At 8:30 both days the eggs were gone and people were told there wouldn't be anymore. Breakfast was to be served from 7-10. I was told at 8 am on Sunday that they were out of coffee creamer and that I should have some in my room. I told the kid at the front desk that I had never had coffee or condiments in my room. On Saturday, neither of our key cards worked to our room, so my husband went to the office. There was a note saying they were gone and be back soon. He banged on the door until a kid came and let him in. All of these things could have been ignored individually but put together with the attitude of things being broken or all used up and not replacing them was just too much. My family and friends go there frequently and were hoping for a great new place to stay. I won't be recommending this to anyone I know.
"Go early for breakfast!"
07/26/15 Pete R
If you are looking for a clean room with a comfortable bed and ice cold air conditioning in the humid sub-tropical rain forest that is Branson Missouri in the middle of July, then this hotel meets those expectations. However, during our stay there were a few issues that we had not experienced before. The continental breakfast could have been good but the first morning, after arriving more than 45 minutes before breakfast shut down, there was only enough to stave off hunger for a few hours and the second morning, the food was gone--no biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage or even coffe--there was cereal, but no milk. There was about half a scoop of a room temperature, yellow, gelatinous mass (eggs?) but I could not feed that to my 9 or 5 year old children, no matter how annoying their starvation induce behavior had become. Perhaps this was an attempt to ensure that guests fully stocked and utilized the in-room fridge and microwave. The strawberry-banana-kiwi fruit juice was a nice touch, though. Staying two nights, on the second evening we requested new towels and were told that they were being washed and dried and needed to come back to the office in a few hours. After waiting three hours, went back to the office and the towels were not ready yet. To his credit, the manager did bring us new towels to our room personally about an hour later at 10:30 pm. The morning after our first night, around 11:00, one of the housekeepers knocked on our door and announced that they needed to collect our trash. My wife (I was in the bathroom listening through the paper-thin door) informed them that we were still getting ready and would be out within the hour. Not to be discouraged, the housekeeper then proclaimed that they would only be a minute and proceeded to enter our room and collected trash from both trash cans. I'm not sure if this is an elevated level of service or a violation of our privacy.....maybe both? Anyways, that was the only visit and service provided to our room made by housekeeping during our two night stay. Hotels such as this are a dime-a-dozen in Branson and the good ones stand out from the crowd. Unfortunately, this one did not. The management and employees seem really friendly and appear to try to do a good job by their customers but perhaps a lack of experience, being understaffed or not enough resources from the owners has caused what could be really good to come accross as so-so. Hence the 3-star review.
"KEEP DRIVING!!!"
07/24/15 Mytzis01 Peculiar, Missouri, United States
This was the WORST motel I've ever almost stayed in. As soon as we walked in the lobby I knew it was bad ... smelled like animal urine. The boy behind the counter tried to call the manager dozens of times while we were trying to check in ... No answer. Finally, the manager shows up .. bloody scrape on his nose, sweaty, disheveled ... dressed completely inappropriately ... The kid behind the counter was completely ill-trained & unprofessional. A guest came in behind us & said there was a problem with his room ... There were BUGS on his bed! At that point I started to cry but since this was sick a busy weekend in Branson we didn't really have a choice. We went to check out our room & there was a guy scrubbing the carpet ... he said it would be awhile since he had to clean up after a dog!!! Nope ... Couldn't stand it any longer ... We went else where!! Avoid this place like the plague!!!
"Disappointing"
07/18/15 170trish Clinton, Arkansas
Booked three nights,stayed two, air conditioning did not work,in order to use microwave had to unplug refrigerator, then plug refrigerator back up so we could use it, phone didn't work, couldn't use outlet in bath area,didn't work and as far as the free breakfast,there was no food left by 8am.had to go out to get breakfast.Would not recommend this place.
"Inexpensive, but clean and hospitable"
04/27/15 Shocks Wichita, KS
The property is a little old, but clean and our room was very nice. Loved the towels made into an elephant by the staff for us!!!! Breakfast was good. Wifi - would not work in our room, only in the breakfast area.