All hotels in Eagle River, Alaska, United States of America
13049 Old Glenn Hwy, Eagle River, AK, 99577, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.4
    2.3
"Don't stay here"
This was a bottom of the barrel hotel room. The blanket was in tatters, and made of some synthetic material that had lots of holes. It was disgusting. The room was clearly old and not well kept up. For the amount of money they charged, they should invest in a decent blanket at the very least.
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Megan
"Breakfast could be better."
The breakfast was not that great. Otherwise, the room was satisfactory and the staff was good.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Christena
"Half pleased, not the worst. Overpriced though"
The bed and the bathroom were clean and comfortable. The "kitchenette" was not in great shape. A big piece of the cabinet was broken and kept falling off. It was ok though because we didn't need to use the kitchen area much. The fold out couch was disgusting and completely broken. When folded out, the "end" of the bed hung down almost to the floor and many pieces of the metal were broken and the thin mattress was dipping down and falling everywhere. I had to put the mattress on the floor and use the window seat cushions also to prevent the feeling of springs in our backs, bought a mattered pad from Walmart, then use three sheets to be sure to cover the gross, stained cushions before laying down. Also bought pillows because they didn't have any extra. If they got new couches and cushions, and new carpeting, it wouldn't be too bad. The person at the front desk was very nice and tried to accommodate as much as possible. The breakfast is not good at all, what little is there. The building looks newer and is in a good location for what we needed. Way overpriced at $150 per night but it's the only hotel in that area. Wyndham needs to look into the hotel that they endorse with their name!
4 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Marginal spot, go in prepared"
If you know what you're going in to and it's a good price for a short stay, fine. Extremely basic rooms, no conveniences like microwave alarm clock or refrigerator. It's all a bit run down: scuffed paint, flat pillows and extremely thin sheets and pillowcases; frankly I felt better after laying down a layer of towels on the bed. There's no air conditioning and that seems logical--you probably won't need it nine months of the year. I was there in July though and the room was stuffy, ceiling fan broken. One of the "Amenities" you can request for free is a 20" box fan; I had an extension cord with me so was able to make it reach over to the window to pull some fresh air in. Not skeezy, but you can see it from there.
2 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Run down and room not secured"
The hotel was run down, needing new carpet and paint. The chair in the room had bolts in the back that were falling out. The room had not been vacuumed and we found a used Q-tip on the floor. The front desk was out of pillows, so gave us a blanket as a substitute. Worst of all, we were awoken at 2:30 in the morning when someone from the next room opened the door joining the two rooms. Apparently, the door was not secured before we checked in. We are waiting to see if they will give us a refund. We have stayed at Microtel Inns before and they were in much better shape. On the up side, the sheets and towels were clean.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Meh"
Stay closer to Anchorage. Bed was uncomfortable, room and hall was very hot. Staff was smoking right out side the door. Breakfast food was stale.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Matthew
This is an older hotel which could use some updating, but it was very clean and sufficient for our stay. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
6 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Good average"
2 nights in this hotel on this trip, pleasant hotel , close to Anchorage (just 15 minutes)
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Terrible rooms"
The staff were great. The beds were rock hard and very uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning in room. The pillows were lumpy (they literally looked,like pillow cases with socks in them. I had to look just to make sure). We will not be staying there until they remodel the rooms.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Mark A.
For low cost it's acceptable ... Room very small no place for bags Front desk minimum help.. One person at front desk she does every thing including breakfast which was donuts and coffee... which was to start at 6:30 am she was running in at that time started coffee took a half hour to perk ... They did have a juice machine one spout was broken but orange and Apple worked . Get what you pay for .. Just came off of a cruise maybe the contrast is affecting my rating
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Nice quiet area close to hiking trails"
Staff very helpful and friendly shu in housekeeping was awesome. So was main man at desk forgot to get his name
Other trip May 28, 2015
cheyenne,wy
"Cost Effective"
Good value for money. Few amenities but clean and secure.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Dirty room"
The hotel was dirty
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Cynthia
"Good for a night!"
The hotel needs a maintenance employee. A little paint and minor fixes would make this hotel feel more clean and welcoming. Our bathroom door was missing the top hinge. It never shut. The room was clean, but a bit dated. IF you just need a place to sleep and shower, this hotel works.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Paula
"Poor"
Stains everywhere on couches and chairs. No hand towels or even shower towels in the room either.
1 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
Casey
Bed was not even fit for my dog to sleep on. Filthy and nasty place.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
james
"Very Disappointed....."
While hotel staff, including front desk & housekeeping were friendly & helpful, the room itself was well below expectations. Though advertised as having a fridge, microwave & coffee/tea maker IN the room, there were none. Instead, we were instructed to place any items that needed to be kept cold/cool in a "community" fridge located in the front office. In addition, the ONE lamp had a lampshade that was broken.....the bathroom fan was inoperable......and the lights behind the bed did not work. The mattress was so hard, we went shopping to purchase a $25 foam mattress cover so we could be comfortable. Due to a severe back injury, we requested extra pillows but were told we could only have a total of 4.....so again, we went shopping & purchased new pillows to use. The "continental breakfast" was simply coffee & sweet rolls/donuts cold cereal.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Clarks
"It's a great place to stay if your not a Snob."
My stay at the Microtel has been pleasant. The staff are very nice and the cleaning ladies are honest. I lost my wallet and the housekeeping woman found it and gave it to the front desk. I received a call from the hotel telling me that they were holding it for me at the front desk. It's a great valve when compared to other hotels. The location is excellent if your looking to stay out from Anchorage but still be close enough for a daily work commute. The beds are a little old and it would be nice to have a TV with a hdmi input. But there are plenty of restaurants and bars to keep you out and not watching tv.
7 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
Frank Amaya
"The place is in shambles and construction all over"
The hotel is situated in decent location the place is in shambles and run down condition. The rooms have old carpeting and the space is congested. The hotel staff was nice. This was good for 1 night stay.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Would not stay here again"
Limited parking spaces. Very poor continental breakfast if you could call it that. Room was exceptionally warm. Only way to cool it off was to open the window, creating a very noisy room. Did not realize hotel allowed pets. There was pet hair all over the room. Bar holding shower curtain was broken to the extent that you could not fully close it. Would not stay here again EVER.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"The only hotel in town"
This is the only hotel in Eagle River and it feels to me like they don't try very hard to make it nice. It is a basic, simple motel, but not particularly well kept. My room was not vacuumed well and I mopped the bathroom floor myself because it was so dirty. Pillows were flat and tired from use. The room smelled musty. Bagel and muffins and cold cereal for breakfast. Coffee was bad.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Dirty and smelly"
This hotel looked okay on the outside but the inside was dirty and smelly. The sofa in our room had pee stains all over it, there were no extra linens if we were brave enough to sleep on the sofa pull out and the blanket on the bed was stained and appeared to have been chewed. For the amount of money I paid for the room, I was extremely disappointed and if I hadn't already prepaid through Expedia, I would have left the place early.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Just okay"
It was all we needed. But it smelled and the halls looked dirty! But it was perfect for what we needed and the counter people were super nice and the check in and out was amazing.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Tabbott
"Microtel in Eagle River, Alaska"
I can only speak concerning the room I stayed in. This room was very dirty. The furniture was very stained, torn, and just plain dirty. The bed linens and carpet were very dirty and stained. The cleaning staff did nothing but pull the bed sheets back up on the bed. The towels and linens were not changed. They did not clean the coffee pot, nor did they turn it off (this was not an auto shut off pot). Very minimal items were offered for the continental breakfast. There was a very nice "coffee-to-go" stand next door to the hotel which I frequented every morning for a good cup of coffee.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Very loud street noise 24/7. Hotel maintenance 0."
The place is in dire need of major repairs. Outside hand railing about to fall off. It almost gave way when I leaned on it. No ground or parking lot maintenance what so ever. The bed was comfortable but room tiny even by European standards. Who only stay again if no other option.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Too much noise"
We stayed one night during July, the room got vey hot but it was impossible to open the window due to the highway notice and a surrounding construction. Also, the rooms need some basic TLC.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Guest warned us about vehicle theft in parking lot"
Even before we finished parking, a guest told us to move to where the lights are because the back parking lot is dark and thefts have occurred. Lobby bathroom not working; Coffee machine was not working at breakfast. A guest had to make coffee in a small coffee pot. Bathroom in our room lacked ventilation fan and we had 3 rooms and in one room, the bathroom door would not stay closed. The smoked mirrors in our room were creepy. It looked like one way glass. The 2nd floor hallway was extremely hot. The room lacked air conditioning. We felt it was way too expensive for the condition of the premises and rooms.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Temperature control not adjustible. We were on middle floor. It was hot and humid when we returned in the evening.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Elaine
"Good Hotel"
Microtel at Eagle River is a standard hotel. Not bad, not great, just average. It was what I needed for this trip. Since I went in July it was light until 1AM and came back up at 4AM. The hotel had sufficient curtains to ensure the room was dark enough to sleep. The free wireless was adequate, the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the water pressure was sufficient. The people were friendly but the quality of the complementary breakfast was below average. Overall the hotel as a whole did not go out of it's way to be outstanding, but at the same time was OK.
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"OK Hotel, too far from the airport - $60 taxi ride"
This hotel was way to far away from the airport. The hotel was OK for the money.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Nice Hotel, would stay again!"
We had heard horrible reviews about the place, and I'm not one to even listen to reviews. The first floor hallway smelled a bit old, which is normal. The rooms were fanatastic and clean. To me you are only sleeping and showering in the hotel so in my opinion I only care about safeness of location and cleanliness. It was very clean, and in a very nice location, just 20 miles outside of Anchroage. The ony negative things would be the smell I guess to some people, but inside the room and anything above the first floor is perfectly fine! And occasionally the room key would be stubborn but nothing to ruin our stay! :)
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Chasity
Run down, lack of maintenance, noisy. Clean though, i'll give them that.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
The bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable.
3 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
Corey
"AVOID THIS MOTEL"
The only good thing about his motel is that a couple of the staff were friendly. Filthy, loud, terrible "continental breakfast," very poor maintenance, etc. The only other worse motel i've stayed at was in a 3d world country.
3 night trip May 22, 2014
Pathfinder
"I would stay here again"
The price was great for these days. I found the staff very friendly and accomadating. I was pleased with how clean it was and how it was quiet for my stay.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Stayed almost 2 weeks. Bathroom was not cleaned only trash removed and towels replaced and bed made.
10 night trip Feb 27, 2014
Millie Engstrand
"Average hotel"
everything was good, pay for what you get. it was clean, service was nice. the only thing to complain about it was the breakfast, it sucked. orange juice was watery, apple juice tasted like tea, it wasnt even 10:30am yet and they started putting everything away. bagels, muffins, oatmeal just pastries. continental breakfast. other than that the stay wasnt so bad. if youre looking for fancing here it not the place. felt for more like motel though.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2014
sam
"Long Business Trip"
I don't really have anything bad to say. They staff was friendly and pleasant. I stayed here almost 3 weeks and don't have any complaints. I will stay here again if I am in the area.
18 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
"Great Maide service"
We was gone most of the day,but when we came back to the room,the room was clean.great Maide service!
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
good service
"overpriced for what you get"
Not very impressed. The room was clean but the breakfast was poor - a few bagels, muffins, and cold cereal. Room was the highest priced in the Anchorage area that we stayed at in a week.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"If all you need is a bed . . . ."
The hotel was mostly clean, but very spartan in its furnishings. The bed was too firm. Noise from the highway out front kept me awake. I would not book this hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
RR
"Not worth the money!"
My wife works as a house cleaner in another town, so she was more observant to the many problems with this hotel. The towel draped over the edge of the bathtub was dirty, the blanket was dirty. The front desk computer looks like it was in a dust storm, while the employee sit in the back doing nothing. Who ever is the manager of this place needs to step it up to a third degree. The shower is a bit weird too... And the wifi was a bit problematic the first night of our stay.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Basic roof over your head"
This is a decent, serviceable but bare-bones hotel option that is close to Anchorage but far enough away to avoid some of the noise and traffic of staying in the city. The hotel itself is in decent condition and the cleaning staff do their job, but be aware that there are NO extra amenities of any kind: no hair dryer, coffee maker, microwave or refrigerator in the room, and no blanket on the bed (just sheets). The continental breakfast consists of cereal or bagels, with some weak coffee. The lack of creature comforts was a little disappointing given how high the high room rates were.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"nice outer appearance, very courteous staff. needs"
nice outer appearance and very courteous staff. breakfast was absolutely minimal.beds need upgraded and better heat and AC control (NO A/C at all) of course Alaska doesn't have a lot of need for one. The rooms tended to be hot and a little over priced for what you got. I had a suite but ammenities were minimal. Internet was strong.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Hotel close to my family's home in Chugiak AK"
3rd year of staying in motel, This year was very noisy the first two nights and had to complain to front desk but they handled it. Was able to get a good nights rest on the third night.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not so swell hotel"
They never cleaned the rooms juzt straightened up daily. One day to hint to them we stripped our beds and put everything on floor they didnt clean that day so we approached staff and she said they had no clean linen or towels for room and gave us blankets with holes in them and dingy bedding and made us do service. So when we approached manager he blammed it on us that we had sign up or choose not to have service. Wow. The halls and elevators smell like urine. Also the heaters do not work in rooms and when u asked the staff there answer is it is alwayz hot on 2nd floor and dont need heater. We gave up and just were in our room.for sleep and thtz all not a cozy or clean place not recommended at all.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
paulina
"Very unsatisfactory"
We had reserved a room with two beds but we had a room with one double bed & my 5'8" daughter had to sleep on a shelf in the window well on a camping cushion that was very stained. There were fresh urine stains on the bathroom wall that had a cursory swipe through them from the person who "cleaned" the room prior to our arrival. We told the front desk person the next morning & he just shrugged & said that he wished he could do something about it but he couldn't do anything.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
G&S Travelers
"Minimal Amenities"
Excellent, friendly staff. However, even for a Microtel, the amenities were lacking. I had to request pillows for my bed and a hair dyer. The room was clean but the bed very old and uncomfortable.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Tabby
"Horrible , over priced"
Should be said this is small room zero amenities with NO AC . Beds seem very worn , pillows are trash and the bathroom may or may not work
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"convenient"
very convenient for our trip, friendly helpful staff, but room smelled of urine
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013