All hotels in Eagle River, Alaska, United States of America
13049 Old Glenn Hwy, Eagle River, AK, 99577, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Location is ok
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Dirty
    Bad breakfast
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Not impressed"
I don't think we will stay here again. Housekeeping and continental breakfast were poor.
3 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
"Conveniently located. Right off the freeway"
Nice night staff person, very helpful and genuinely kind. I had a rental care and couldn't figure out how to shut the inside alarm off. He patiently explained how, three times. He was right and very patient with me. Only one room left which was a smoking room. He was very apologetic. I didn't care as I was to tired to drive. It was definitely a smoking room . Textiles were very stained and worn. The parking lot was flooded and muddy although not a lot of rain and no snow. Other guests were rude
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
donna
"OK STAY"
The hotel was ok. The rooms are outdated, the beds were a little hard for my liking and my room had a bit of a musty smell. The bathroom was clean but there were places where the caulk and trim were coming off the walls and floor. The shower did not work properly, most of the water came out of the spigot and not the showerhead. There were stains on the window seat, but overall it was an okay stay. I will say it was nice and quiet. I would suggest fixing the HUGE whole in your parking lot as it could do some serious damage to a vehicle!
1 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2015
marla
We were originally given a smoking room when a non-smoking room was booked. When moved to a non-smoking room, it was old and very run down. We decided to check out immediately and find another more acceptable hotel. When we returned to the lobby (less than 45 minutes after check-in), the clerk was asleep on the couch in the lobby and did not wake when we rolled through the lobby with our luggage. No one else was available for check-out therefore we left our room keys on the counter and left. I do not recommend this hotel!
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Very limited choice"
We needed a room for two nights for a family wedding. We knew it wasn't going to be great but it was even worse than we expected. The staff were helpful and tried to provide what they could. The entry way was under repair from a truck accident that took out their canopy. Lots of mud in the parking lot. The curtains in our room were in poor shape. The bathroom fixtures were in poor condition.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
J and J
"Don't stay here"
This was a bottom of the barrel hotel room. The blanket was in tatters, and made of some synthetic material that had lots of holes. It was disgusting. The room was clearly old and not well kept up. For the amount of money they charged, they should invest in a decent blanket at the very least.
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Megan
"Breakfast could be better."
The breakfast was not that great. Otherwise, the room was satisfactory and the staff was good.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Christena
"Half pleased, not the worst. Overpriced though"
The bed and the bathroom were clean and comfortable. The "kitchenette" was not in great shape. A big piece of the cabinet was broken and kept falling off. It was ok though because we didn't need to use the kitchen area much. The fold out couch was disgusting and completely broken. When folded out, the "end" of the bed hung down almost to the floor and many pieces of the metal were broken and the thin mattress was dipping down and falling everywhere. I had to put the mattress on the floor and use the window seat cushions also to prevent the feeling of springs in our backs, bought a mattered pad from Walmart, then use three sheets to be sure to cover the gross, stained cushions before laying down. Also bought pillows because they didn't have any extra. If they got new couches and cushions, and new carpeting, it wouldn't be too bad. The person at the front desk was very nice and tried to accommodate as much as possible. The breakfast is not good at all, what little is there. The building looks newer and is in a good location for what we needed. Way overpriced at $150 per night but it's the only hotel in that area. Wyndham needs to look into the hotel that they endorse with their name!
4 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Hotel in need of repair and customer service upgra"
Hotel staff was rude and very uncooperative when a problem arose with third party booking/billing concern. I was told by the assistant manager that the manager was not a nice person to deal with and that ALL inquiries and assistance would need to be handled through the third party. The hotel absolved themselves of all responsibility even when I explained that I was concerned with my financial information may be in the hands of other unconnected people. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Facility Falls Far Short of Expectation"
All of the furniture in the room had big stains on it and looked dirty. The rug had a big tear in it as did one of the chairs. The bed looked as if a 6-year-old had made it and the bedding was of very poor condition and was not changed once in the 3 nights I was there. The room was not vacuumed during my stay, the coffee pot was never cleaned, and the bathroom sink and tub were not cleaned while I was there. The staff I had interaction with were very friendly. I most definitely will not stay at this hotel again and will not recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Marcia
"Marginal spot, go in prepared"
If you know what you're going in to and it's a good price for a short stay, fine. Extremely basic rooms, no conveniences like microwave alarm clock or refrigerator. It's all a bit run down: scuffed paint, flat pillows and extremely thin sheets and pillowcases; frankly I felt better after laying down a layer of towels on the bed. There's no air conditioning and that seems logical--you probably won't need it nine months of the year. I was there in July though and the room was stuffy, ceiling fan broken. One of the "Amenities" you can request for free is a 20" box fan; I had an extension cord with me so was able to make it reach over to the window to pull some fresh air in. Not skeezy, but you can see it from there.
2 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"rip-off"
Overpriced, filthy, falling apart. Shower rod falling down, flooring peeling, bathroom door didn't close, noisy, ceiling tiles falling down, bad smell everywhere
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
ripped-off
"Run down and room not secured"
The hotel was run down, needing new carpet and paint. The chair in the room had bolts in the back that were falling out. The room had not been vacuumed and we found a used Q-tip on the floor. The front desk was out of pillows, so gave us a blanket as a substitute. Worst of all, we were awoken at 2:30 in the morning when someone from the next room opened the door joining the two rooms. Apparently, the door was not secured before we checked in. We are waiting to see if they will give us a refund. We have stayed at Microtel Inns before and they were in much better shape. On the up side, the sheets and towels were clean.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"A ripoff--avoid."
Arrival: the roof over entry way was caved in and falling down. Cheap laminate flooring peeling, ceiling panels falling down, carpets filthy, bathroom door that didn't close, dank smell everywhere. This room cost as much or more than any other place we stayed, including some *really* nice cabins and B&Bs. If this were a one star hotel and priced accordingly, I wouldn't complain, but for the money they're charging, the expectation is quality.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
ripped-off
Beautiful location. The hotel was under construction so the entire front entry was blocked off the entire week we were there, had to use the back drive which is unacceptable - too may potholes!! Bad odor in hall of side door. NO air conditioning, got a bit stuffy. The 'heat' was blowing in hallways, making it worse. Staff was ok. One of the girls in guest services didn't seem to care, but we LOVED Lacey, who went that extra mile to help us (she is GREAT!) Price was good for what we got. We were happy with our accommodations.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Below average room with smoky smell"
The room that was assigned was not cleaned and had food from previous stay. Staff got it switched to s different room. However, the room did smell of smoke and were uncomfortable.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"nice hotel for the price"
my original stay was only going to be for three days and i didnt know what to expect , the room was a small but perfect for only a few nights stay. i had to extend for a few more days and the hotel staff made it to where i could even though they were booked. very friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
sam
"Meh"
Stay closer to Anchorage. Bed was uncomfortable, room and hall was very hot. Staff was smoking right out side the door. Breakfast food was stale.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Matthew
"Spartan"
sparce furniture and amenities. No hair dryer, even! Breakfast was just as Sparce as room--2 cereals and some muffins. Didn't feel safe/secure because all outside doors were left open to catch a breeze during warm spell. Priced higher than better accommodations we have stayed in while in Alaska!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
nawlinsgirl
"Out of the Way"
Did not vacuum the floors everyday, had to ask for the sheets to be changed, could not adjust the heat or air and was off of the beaten path with no public transportation or shuttle service.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
This is an older hotel which could use some updating, but it was very clean and sufficient for our stay. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
6 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Good average"
2 nights in this hotel on this trip, pleasant hotel , close to Anchorage (just 15 minutes)
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Good average..."
Nice stuff, helpful for making trips. Stayed there 2 nights, good position to Anchorage (just 15 minutes away).
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
RB
"Terrible rooms"
The staff were great. The beds were rock hard and very uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning in room. The pillows were lumpy (they literally looked,like pillow cases with socks in them. I had to look just to make sure). We will not be staying there until they remodel the rooms.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Mark A.
For low cost it's acceptable ... Room very small no place for bags Front desk minimum help.. One person at front desk she does every thing including breakfast which was donuts and coffee... which was to start at 6:30 am she was running in at that time started coffee took a half hour to perk ... They did have a juice machine one spout was broken but orange and Apple worked . Get what you pay for .. Just came off of a cruise maybe the contrast is affecting my rating
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Nice quiet area close to hiking trails"
Staff very helpful and friendly shu in housekeeping was awesome. So was main man at desk forgot to get his name
Other trip May 28, 2015
cheyenne,wy
"Cost Effective"
Good value for money. Few amenities but clean and secure.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Period stains on the chair!"
The room didn't have any counter in the bathroom, no lights beside the bed, only two small pillows and the TV was an old tube style that didn't work right. In the middle of the night the desk just fell apart and when I was looking at the desk pieces I noticed the chair had a stain in the middle consistant with a woman sitting there on her period! Will never stay there again!
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
"Dirty room"
The hotel was dirty
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Cynthia
"Missing sofa"
IT was advertised as queen bed with sofa sleeper. Sofa sleeper was a pad in a window well with no bedding. No towels in the room but brought up promptly. Simple maintenance had been done by a moron. Looked somewhat neglected. Wassilla the bigger town nearby was booked up. I paid $134 for a smoking room. $70 too much.
"Good for a night!"
The hotel needs a maintenance employee. A little paint and minor fixes would make this hotel feel more clean and welcoming. Our bathroom door was missing the top hinge. It never shut. The room was clean, but a bit dated. IF you just need a place to sleep and shower, this hotel works.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Paula
"Poor"
Stains everywhere on couches and chairs. No hand towels or even shower towels in the room either.
1 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
Casey
"dissapointing"
Very disappointed with condition of room, towel rack falling off wall, shower curtain , bar falling off, room just dingy and dirty, lights burn out.
4 night trip Oct 13, 2014
Bed was not even fit for my dog to sleep on. Filthy and nasty place.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
james
"Very Disappointed....."
While hotel staff, including front desk & housekeeping were friendly & helpful, the room itself was well below expectations. Though advertised as having a fridge, microwave & coffee/tea maker IN the room, there were none. Instead, we were instructed to place any items that needed to be kept cold/cool in a "community" fridge located in the front office. In addition, the ONE lamp had a lampshade that was broken.....the bathroom fan was inoperable......and the lights behind the bed did not work. The mattress was so hard, we went shopping to purchase a $25 foam mattress cover so we could be comfortable. Due to a severe back injury, we requested extra pillows but were told we could only have a total of 4.....so again, we went shopping & purchased new pillows to use. The "continental breakfast" was simply coffee & sweet rolls/donuts cold cereal.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Clarks
"It's a great place to stay if your not a Snob."
My stay at the Microtel has been pleasant. The staff are very nice and the cleaning ladies are honest. I lost my wallet and the housekeeping woman found it and gave it to the front desk. I received a call from the hotel telling me that they were holding it for me at the front desk. It's a great valve when compared to other hotels. The location is excellent if your looking to stay out from Anchorage but still be close enough for a daily work commute. The beds are a little old and it would be nice to have a TV with a hdmi input. But there are plenty of restaurants and bars to keep you out and not watching tv.
7 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
Frank Amaya
"The place is in shambles and construction all over"
The hotel is situated in decent location the place is in shambles and run down condition. The rooms have old carpeting and the space is congested. The hotel staff was nice. This was good for 1 night stay.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Would not stay here again"
Limited parking spaces. Very poor continental breakfast if you could call it that. Room was exceptionally warm. Only way to cool it off was to open the window, creating a very noisy room. Did not realize hotel allowed pets. There was pet hair all over the room. Bar holding shower curtain was broken to the extent that you could not fully close it. Would not stay here again EVER.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"The only hotel in town"
This is the only hotel in Eagle River and it feels to me like they don't try very hard to make it nice. It is a basic, simple motel, but not particularly well kept. My room was not vacuumed well and I mopped the bathroom floor myself because it was so dirty. Pillows were flat and tired from use. The room smelled musty. Bagel and muffins and cold cereal for breakfast. Coffee was bad.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Unhappy"
There was no coffee maker, micro wave, or a/c in room. The wifi was so bad that I lost signal several times. The breakfast had very limited choices and at 7:30 am there was not much of what was offered. The coffee/tea machine was out of order, and they used a smaller coffee pot that was difficult to keep up with needs. Laminate flooring outside elevator on 2nd floor had 1/2" - 3/4" gaps at ends of boards. Enough to catch a woman's heel. Will not stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Dirty and smelly"
This hotel looked okay on the outside but the inside was dirty and smelly. The sofa in our room had pee stains all over it, there were no extra linens if we were brave enough to sleep on the sofa pull out and the blanket on the bed was stained and appeared to have been chewed. For the amount of money I paid for the room, I was extremely disappointed and if I hadn't already prepaid through Expedia, I would have left the place early.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Just okay"
It was all we needed. But it smelled and the halls looked dirty! But it was perfect for what we needed and the counter people were super nice and the check in and out was amazing.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Tabbott
"Microtel in Eagle River, Alaska"
I can only speak concerning the room I stayed in. This room was very dirty. The furniture was very stained, torn, and just plain dirty. The bed linens and carpet were very dirty and stained. The cleaning staff did nothing but pull the bed sheets back up on the bed. The towels and linens were not changed. They did not clean the coffee pot, nor did they turn it off (this was not an auto shut off pot). Very minimal items were offered for the continental breakfast. There was a very nice "coffee-to-go" stand next door to the hotel which I frequented every morning for a good cup of coffee.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Very loud street noise 24/7. Hotel maintenance 0."
The place is in dire need of major repairs. Outside hand railing about to fall off. It almost gave way when I leaned on it. No ground or parking lot maintenance what so ever. The bed was comfortable but room tiny even by European standards. Who only stay again if no other option.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Too much noise"
We stayed one night during July, the room got vey hot but it was impossible to open the window due to the highway notice and a surrounding construction. Also, the rooms need some basic TLC.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Guest warned us about vehicle theft in parking lot"
Even before we finished parking, a guest told us to move to where the lights are because the back parking lot is dark and thefts have occurred. Lobby bathroom not working; Coffee machine was not working at breakfast. A guest had to make coffee in a small coffee pot. Bathroom in our room lacked ventilation fan and we had 3 rooms and in one room, the bathroom door would not stay closed. The smoked mirrors in our room were creepy. It looked like one way glass. The 2nd floor hallway was extremely hot. The room lacked air conditioning. We felt it was way too expensive for the condition of the premises and rooms.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Temperature control not adjustible. We were on middle floor. It was hot and humid when we returned in the evening.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Elaine
"Good Hotel"
Microtel at Eagle River is a standard hotel. Not bad, not great, just average. It was what I needed for this trip. Since I went in July it was light until 1AM and came back up at 4AM. The hotel had sufficient curtains to ensure the room was dark enough to sleep. The free wireless was adequate, the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the water pressure was sufficient. The people were friendly but the quality of the complementary breakfast was below average. Overall the hotel as a whole did not go out of it's way to be outstanding, but at the same time was OK.
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"OK Hotel, too far from the airport - $60 taxi ride"
This hotel was way to far away from the airport. The hotel was OK for the money.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Nice Hotel, would stay again!"
We had heard horrible reviews about the place, and I'm not one to even listen to reviews. The first floor hallway smelled a bit old, which is normal. The rooms were fanatastic and clean. To me you are only sleeping and showering in the hotel so in my opinion I only care about safeness of location and cleanliness. It was very clean, and in a very nice location, just 20 miles outside of Anchroage. The ony negative things would be the smell I guess to some people, but inside the room and anything above the first floor is perfectly fine! And occasionally the room key would be stubborn but nothing to ruin our stay! :)
Other trip Jun 30, 2014