All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
107 Merrimac St, Boston, MA, 02114, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"My weekend at the Boxer"
The hotel is very nice and staff friendly. Location to the Garden is what I was looking for and could not ask for anything better. The only disappointing part of the stay was the bar/dining room. Staff was limited and slow. I went down for breakfast which was a buffet and they constantly ran out of food and then a late evening drink before a concert and the same waitress was working. The hotel itself was nostalgic and very comfortable. I would stay their again only if I could find a place nearby for breakfast.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Stephen
"dad and son in boston"
went to ufc fights at td center, right across the street. close to north end and fanuell hall, within walking distance. had a nice breakfest downstairs.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Boxer rocks!"
The Boxer is one of the better places to stay when attending Bruins games. Very close to the Arena, walking there is a breeze. Great bar and food. Thanks Boxer!
Lenn
The staff was very helpful, making check-in and check-out very easy. The room, while very small, was clean and well tended to. We were able to walk to our even at TD Garden, walk to nearby restaurants and to North Station. The hotel was very quiet and we were able to get a great night's sleep.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Ann
"Comfort and chic perfected"
My husband and I were in town for an event at the TD Bank North Garden and stayed at the Boxer. We had a fantastic experience! The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was perfect! Everything was clean and looked brand new. The bed was incredibly comfortable. All the small touches made the room inviting, warm and relaxing. Location is easy to get to and walking distance to the Garden as well as Government Center area and Quincy market. I highly recommend the Boxer and would definitely stay there again!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"it all adds up!!"
I loved this hotel, for the most part. The room was clean with modern furniture and fixtures, a little small but that was expected because of the old building and downtown location. My one complaint is parking. There is nowhere to park so reluctantly you have to use the valet service, just be prepared for the $44 per night sticker shock on that.
2 night trip Jan 21, 2015
Curtis
"We would stay here again!"
We stayed over for one night for a concert at the Garden. The Boxer was right around the corner and very convenient. We valeted our car and took ubers around the city like to Faneuil Hall and the North End, we would have walked but the weather was terrible. The valet was $44 a night which we weren't happy about paying but its normal for Boston. The room was extremely clean and yes it was small but we didn't spend much time in the room. We had a deluxe King room and the bed was wicked comfy. The room was perfect for us. We could see the Garden from our room window. Staff was nothing but friendly and accommodating. We had a drink at the bar but did not eat in the restaurant. Overall, great experience at the Boxer Hotel, we would stay again in the future.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Lynn
"Great hotel near TD Garden"
This is a great hotel if you are seeing an event at the TD Garden. There are many restaurants/bars within walking distance. The rooms are small. I originally booked a room with two beds but was told that I was upgraded to a king room with a pullout when I arrived. It was very tight with the pullout bed open. The staff was very friendly. Valet is $44 per night...yikes! Overall, I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Wow"
Awesome place clean centrally located . Great service
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
tom
"Nice hotel in ideal location"
Traveled for a concert at TD Garden. Great hotel within 2 blocks of TD Garden and only a short walk to sites along the Freedom Trail. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Room was clean and comfortable with all the expected amenities. Only shortcoming is that the hotel is triangle-shaped so the rooms have an awkward layout. I had to watch my shins when walking around the bed, but the room was plenty big enough otherwise.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
The hotel is ok for a weekend. We had the bunk-bed room, which was very tiny. Request a blanket when you check in (they don't have one on the bed). Lighting in the bathroom was very dim, not great for trying to put on makeup (why don't hotels have a lighted makeup mirror as an amenity?!).
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Dmfrank
"Garth Brooks weekend at The Boxer"
From the moment we walked in the staff was super attentive, greeted us with smiles & attention to service, our comfort etc. Ate at The Finch a couple of times, food was good. Only criticism is the limited menu was offered for the entire concert weekend rather than posted hotel menu we anticipated. Otherwise the stay was great & we would definitely stay at The Boxer during any future stay in Boston.
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Robin
"Great hotel, poor restuarant service"
Room was great. The hotel staff were nice but did not seem to know their business well. We were staying for a Garth Brooks concert. The front desk woman gave us incorrect info a few times. She told us we had free drinks, free breakfast and that breakfast was at 630am. Well..no free drinks no free breakfast and breakfast started at 7am. Also with their being a HUGE concert in town you would think their restaurant would be better staffed. They had two employees. That is it!!!! and a limited menu????? After the concert around 10pm we went back for a drink. We were told kitchen staff left and now there was only one employee and the restaurant was PACKED. The poor kid could not handle all the customers by himself. I just don't understand.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Great Location to TD"
Stayed here for event at TD Garden. Location was perfect walking distance to TD. Staff was great. Only complaint is room size. Because of the shape of hotel not sure if all rooms are same size. But room was incredibly small for 4 people. I would recommend this hotel for quick trips and TD Garden events!!!
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Amber
"Great location to TD Garden/North Station"
We were in Boston for the Garth Brooks concert. Took the train into North Station. Hotel is in a Great location. It was only a 3 minute walk to the TD Garden. Room was very clean and quaint. Hotel bar/restaurant was great too.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"Great night"
All staff very friendly. Room was beautiful, bed very comfortable. Only negative is the fragrance/air freshener in lobby was way too strong!
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Rebecca
"Cute old boutique hotel in an excellent location"
We stayed one night for a concert at the TD Center and we think we made the best choice in a hotel. Maybe 2 blocks to the venue and 2 blocks to an area of great pre concert bars. A 10 minute walk gets you to the historic old north section of town that's filled with so many Italian restaurants it made these New Yorkers heads spin. We Amtraked it up and walked the 20 minutes from the south station so that was convenient too. The building is a triangle like the flat iron building and our room, 810, was at the point, really cool layout but the view is typical downtown urban. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Frederick T
Convenient location. Very quick from airport. Comfortable and clean room.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
BB
It was a great stay. So close to the Garden. We really loved the smell of the lobby too!! So happy
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Cozy chic and convenient"
This was a charming boutique style hotel. Included Keurig machine with nice choices, availability of room snacks and drinks, bathrobes, and various other kits. Very comfortable bed, nice desk. Very nice shower. Cozy bar downstairs with just right menu for snacks or dining. Very convenient to Bowdoin or North Station T stops . Very friendly helpful staff.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2015
Great location, great staff, clean and comfortable and a great bargain.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great location, good hotel"
This is a hip hotel, small but cool. We booked a junior suite which was small but manageable for 5 people. Fantastic location, near by, walking distance to Faneuil and other historic locations. The staff was friendly but at times not very helpful and did not give valuable recommendations. One elevator for the whole hotel, which can only include 8 people with no luggage. Overall good experience.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Sam
"Nice but small room"
The room was very small but the concept was great and I think if we were in a larger room like the pictures showed it would have been perfect.
Neal
"Great location for Td garden"
Stayed here for a Bruins VS Blue Jacket game. Service was very kind and the location was great.
Aditi
Perfect hotel for attending td garden event. Staff excellent.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Excellent Location, Ok customer service"
I decided to book a room at the Boxer due to its amazing location.I had tickets to a game at TD Garden,which if anyone ever needs to be in this area this hotel is about a min away, so saves you money on parking your car. When I first got to the hotel I was ignored by the valet attendant,he was busy speaking to one of his friends,I had to go into the hotel to get his attention,even though their sign says wait in car until attendant comes out but after five mins I didn't want to wait any longer.The room as everyone else has stated is pretty small,but was very clean and had a nice modern feel to it. The one thing that was not mentioned is the wall are a little thin so I did get woken up a few times by the guests next door to me,because they had a baby.The worse part of the stay was after my departure they are very bad at fixing issues I was charged extra then blamed for it then they found out it was their fault and no apology was even given. For this reason I would probably stay at the ONYX hotel, since it is literally a street over.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Ashley
The room was a little small and not laid out well. Not much room to even walk around. The bathroom door was very heavy and didn't close very well. The location was great, easy walk to anywhere. The staff was very friendly.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Boutique hotel with quirky shtick"
We visited for a quick post-holiday weekend getaway. I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago, for work, and was excited to share it with my wife. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. On our first night, we got in late but went for a drink at the bar right before closing. We had a lovely time chatting with the bartender, who was very nice and helpful in suggesting both bourbon and cocktails. He makes a great Manhattan! The room itself was fine. It was a bit small for the price, and we both banged into the corner of the bed multiple times. The bed itself was comfortable, though, and we slept well. I do wish the bathroom had a regular door (rather than sliding). It was also hard to get our luggage in and out of the room, because the front door is at an odd angle. The reception staff was fair. Our room keys didn't work when we returned upstairs from the gym, and we were questioned multiple times about whether or not we were "sure they really didn't work" or that maybe we had rubbed them on our credit cards. (We didn't bring our credit cards to the gym, and this hasn't been a problem before....) I think the keys were just reset, which is fine, but making us feel like idiots wasn't the best experience we've had with customer service.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Brien
"Friendly, Clean, Great location"
I went on a get away with a friend for a girls weekend. The hotel staff was very friendly and pleasant. The location was convenient and just a couple blocks away from one of the "T" stops. The room we stayed in was a little on the small side, however, we did not spend much time there as we were out and about all day. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was not included, but definitely delicious. The only downside was the cost of the valet parking which was about $44 per day. All in all it was an excellent choice of stay and I would recommend it to anyone and stay there again myself.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Friends"
Stayed therefor a night out in boston and it went great
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"if i go boston again! this will be my first choice"
excellent location, excellent facilities and condition! really loved this hotel!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
hector
Close to quincy market td garden super clean rooms we will definitely go back!!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
mike
"Close to TD Garden"
We spent 1 night here to go to Celtics game at the Garden. It was incredibly convenient, with tons of sports bars right around the hotel for pre-game food and a less than 5 minute walk into the Garden itself. If you're in town for a game or event at the Garden, it doesn't get much more convenient than this. The room was comfortable for 2 people for just one night, as there wasn't really much we needed to do in the room except sleep.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Kait
My boyfriend and I loved the Boxer Hotel. It was in a great location and close to everything. The room was small, but perfect for our one night stay in the city.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Boutique Boston stay with Lobster Benedict"
Great place to stay for a weekend getaway in a mellow part of the city, close to everything. Close to the North End, the Freedom Trail, the Science museum, the subway, and still in our price range.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Greg
"disappointed"
Cost to park for the night extra 44 dollars i think this should be included in room
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
jerome
"Sweet little refuge, the best"
Perfect place to stay when attending a show at the Garden, just minutes away on foot. Room was small, but really didn't need more space, cool décor and I really like how friendly everyone was. On the top of my list of places to stay next time I am overnighting in Boston.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Joan
"Great night in Boston!"
Only stayed one night for a night on the town, we had a wonderful time in a great part of town with everything in walking distance!
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Greg
"close to the north end"
Have stayed here a few times and always the staff is courteous and helpful. Though the rooms are small they utilize space well and the beds are so comfortable.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
sarah
The hotel staff was great, however valet service was terrible, not helpful at all upon departure and parked my car in a huge puddle. I got soaked.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Size of the room"
For what we paid the room was very very small, no place for clothes. No snack machines
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"Great Place"
Great time, great place and great service. We will be back to visit this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Francis
"Great for a show at the garden"
perfect place to stay for a show at the garden.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Stayed for the Bruins game"
All went well, the only negative item was that the kitchen wasn't open after the Bruins game. All the other places were jam packed so we figured we could eat at the bar. We ended up ordering Domino's and ate at the bar.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Small room but pleasant"
Close to amtrak north station, close to North end, tons of restaurants.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
S
"Love this hotel!"
We stayed only one night for a short trip to Boston, but we were very happy we picked this hotel.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Alex
"Parking bummer!"
Everything was great except the $44.00 for parking. Site said free parking but upon arrival there was a fee.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
annmarie
"Ok for our brief stay in Boston."
Found lower prices after booking. Small room for price. Staff was fine. Food at Finch was good. Will stay at a bigger chain hotel next visit for cost benefit.
ED
"quaint and chic hotel"
I loved the scent when you first walked on. The rooms were quaint and chic. Since I was staying for a longer period I just wish there were more hooks on the walls for hanging garments and coats.
5 night business trip Oct 31, 2014