All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Bad internet service
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Great overall."
Used the underground passage for easy walk (without heavy coat) to convention center. No free wifi when booked through this site.
4 night business trip Mar 30, 2016
"Centrally located"
From the valet Parking to the delicious restaurant everything was a1..beautiful room..very comfy beds
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2016
Laurie
"Not a good W experience."
We were very disappointed. I can't even begin to talk about how many things were wrong with the service here. The staff is really incompetent. We spent NYE and it was really not a good experience for me or anyone I was traveling with.
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Monica
The staff really wasn't on the ball. When I got there, it wasn't clear even where to go to check in. Turned out I had waited 5 minutes by the concierge desk, but when I had arrived, there was no sign at the check-in desk and it was unattended. There is a dance club just off the lobby. Extremely loud, even up in the rooms on a Saturday night. Finally, I waited nearly an hour to get my car back from valet-parking (for which I was charged $40) on Sunday morning. They had one valet working as many, many were checking out. All rings of very poor management IMHO.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2015
Concierge servive was fantastic, she helped plan our entire week soup to nuts. You can walk to a lot of places from there or hop on the metro. Good dining right down the block.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Bonnie
"JUST PERFECT"
My experience was just wonderful. I got upgraded to a suite upon my arrival, the concierge was very sweet and helpful, I felt very special, I will go again in all my business trips to Montreal
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Francisca
"under staffed, cheap toiletry"
under staffed, cheap toiletry, not great maybe a 4 star hotel
2 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
"This was one of my best stays"
I stay in a hotel room at least 3 days of a month every month for different conferences that I attend. This hotel was good. Very clean. Very clean The room was nice and fancy and very spacious. I really enjoyed it. Even better than a $300/night room in the US (while I'm writting this, I'm in a $250/night room in Portland). I will definetly go back there. Some people might get offended by the young staff that are working there. They are somehow young and not mature so they do not know how to respect guests like a well established hotel. But overall they were nice and helpful.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Pourya
"AMAZING!"
Amazing! Great location. Concierge secured restaurant reservations ahead of our arrival. Will definitely stay there again. Room service food is excellent
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Martha
"Love this Hotel!"
Great Hotel!
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Andrea
"3 nights tourist visit. Early August, 2015"
Hotel lobby & service very nice. Room card needed to activate elevator; a safety practice. Room is an "Edgy" surprise. Done in white and grays. Only door is to toilet. Sliding curtains separate dressing / bathing areas from bedroom. Hotel supplies bottles of water in room & newspapers in lobby. Located in business section of city. Subway very nearby. Fun to use... can walk underground for blocks to trains and stores. Obviously an advantage in winter. Easy to get around. Concierge gave us a map showing train stops to transfer & get off. Took subway to same area: Botanical gardens, Biodome, Olympic tower, Insectarium. Negatives: $10.00 daily charge for WiFi. Room is fairly expensive; do they need to nickle & dime us? Breakfast / room service...very expensive. USA dollar = $1.25 Canadian. Go to bank for best rate.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Marv
Really enjoyed our trip, thanks to Victoria for sorting out and upgrading our room.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Concierge Daniel was excellent. The best I have dealt with. He listened to what we were looking to do and what we wanted in a restaurant, then made recommendations. Once we decided he took care of all of the reservations.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Bryan
"Will stay here again!"
Everyone at the W Hotel was very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The room was very comfortable and we loved how stylish the decor was. It was in a great location in Montreal and centrally located to many of the city's attractions.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Samantha
"Best hotel in Montreal so far"
The W Hotel is elegant, comfortable, and well-situated in Montreal's city center. The Hotels.com price was excellent. My sole complaint has to do with the rope line blocking entry to hotel guests when the chic in-hotel bar is hopping on a weekend evening. No, I do not wish to show my room key to a bouncer to get in the front door of the hotel where I have booked a not inexpensive room. They absolutely need to build a separate entrance for the bar.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"highly recommended"
Great location, very helpful staff, huge room, beautifully decorated, great amenities. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in - better than most Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"nice hotel"
stayed at the W for the world cup game in Montreal. Nice hotel. Expensive parking. Breakfast was awesome. Great service. Pillows are a little too thick for my comfort. Would have been nice to have options for a thinner pillow.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Christine
This hotel is perfect if you want to be in the middle of everything. The Concierge was phenomenal in recommending the right bars and restaurants of my girlfriend and I. Our room was very spacious, the room service was great, the rooms were super clean and had Bliss products. We are definitely going back.
5 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Andreas
Everyone was very friendly, the room was perfect and inviting and we loved the Bartini downstairs. My only issue was around 11 am on our checkout day we felt like we were being pressured to leave which is a poor way to end a great trip!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Naomi
"Modern hotel but a little noise in the evening."
Overall is awesome but it's very noisy in the evening because of the pub on Saturday.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Leteen
very trendy place good location, freindly staff, funk rooms, very large rooms
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
The staff at the W are the nicest people ever. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Spotless"
Spotless stay...I travel a lot and rarely write reviews but this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in: (1) very nice lobby and gorgeous room...tastefully designed down to the smallest details and extremely practical and comfortable. nice, modern and open bathroom but also allowing privacy (2) excellent service - room was not ready when we arrived so were offered 2 free drinks, otherwise check-in was quick. The concierge is excellent: he recommended 3 restaurants and a show; they were all excellent (3) gym/spa - beautifully designed gym with all the amenities. Typically the spa is not W's forte but this one was above par. (4) yes on the pricey side but hey, it was Formula 1 week-end! I assume rates are reasonable outside peak week-ends
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Great location,staff friendly,and the rooms are great
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"No Down-sides"
We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is comfortable, stylish and well-situated. The room was spacious and well-provisioned. The staff were friendly and helpful.
4 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"Hotels are for sleep -- this one delivers"
Sleep on a could -- best bed ever! Bars are too expensive though, you can get better drinks/value/scene at areas around the W.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"A Real Disappointment."
The hotel was very trendy and neat. Otherwise the service was terrible, they have problems with the credit card system and they wasn’t able to admit it. Instead of admit the problem the said it was a problem with all my credits cards and also all my friends credit cards. After a half an hour of arguments, they told us, in a rude manner, they would accept cash for incidentals. They also call immediately to remove the snack bar from the room, regardless we pay in advance for the room and the incidentals. An hour later, I tried my credit card on the hotel bar and it worked. I told the front desk girl and it also work for the room, but I never receive an apology from the supervisor nor the manager. It was a real disappointment.
5 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
William O
My coworker and I have stayed here before for business, both times the hotel has been great. From the valet to the restaurant staff are all very helpful. The concierge is very insightful and even remembered my coworker and I from last time and sent us a nice little goody bag to our room. The valet gives you water when you leave and will help direct you where ever you need to go. The food from breakfast to room service is great as well. The beds are amazing. And I love the toiletries!!!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"W Montreal"
The W is a great modern hotel in the heart of montreal, the staff is great, rooms are cozy and well appointed and the bars and lounges are always fantastic. One thing im not a fan of it a WIfi charge, most expensive hotels offer complementary wifi but the W charges
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Edward
"Very modern and fun hotel in excellent location"
Perfect hotel for people on business trips or young couples looking for a cool and super modern place right next to Old Montreal. The location is fantastic (right in between downtown and Old Montreal). The rooms and hotel are very modern, with careful attention to details and incredible futuristic atmosphere. The WunderBar downstairs offers amazing cocktails, and the Otto restaurant by the reception has delicious and cheap lunch specials. This hotel is ideal for those who want to explore areas other than Old Montreal. The conveniently located subway stop directly connects you to the rest of the city.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
MP
"Close to Metro and Old Montreal"
Excellent! Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms very chic
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Good customer service"
I like staying at this hotel for the service and comfort, but half the time I get an interior courtyard room, which is either really dark or facing an office across the way. These rooms should not be the same rate as exterior facing rooms.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Great staff and very attentive"
It is a nice hotel with very helpful and nice people but it's not a family hotel. Dark rooms with dimly lit halls, elevators and guest rooms. It's more for young people that like the club scene. Furnishings are black and the rooms we had faced a building so no sunlight or daylight could come in. It was depressing.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Unusual cold for a 5 star hotel"
Very Cold. The heat is disabled.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Wei Ming
"Great place"
Super sexy hotel. Great bars. Loved the showers in the rooms. Service staff extremely helpful.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Carl
"THE W"
The room was great!! an oversize tub and the big walk-in shower was perfect for relaxing before going out again! The hotel is a few blocks from Saint Catherine's and a few blocks from Notre Dame/Old Montreal, a great location! The only thing that was slightly annoying was it took about 25/30 minutes for room service to bring zero prep items, i.e. champagne/beers/coffee in the morning. Other than that I would highly recommend staying at the hotel, great location and visually stunning.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Very weird hotel."
I would not recommend this hotel. It has a "club" vibe. Its a lounge atmosphere all around. From the lobby to the elevators its like you are in a club. The room is very small and the shower is see through. We were not excited to get back to our hotel after a day of sightseeing. The staff and service were Great! However the hotel itself is not relaxing or pleasant at all. Very dark.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
luciana
""W" is for Woeful"
The hotel itself was fine and well-located, however, on our last night we went to the bar to drink a glass of champagne and were charged a ridiculous $40 per with no indication from the bartender (and no it was not good champagne but was house). Not being Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, we were crushed by the bill. We asked for a remedy and were ignored by the rude bar staff and further ignored by the front desk. The next day, we took up the cause with the front desk and were promised follow-up, of course that has still not been received. We do not mind paying for what we consume, but tip us off that we are drinking $40 champagne a glass. Ridiculous and the hideous lack of compassion following was even more awful, it almost seemed like a joke to the bartender who probably knew we could not afford to waste our money like that. Needless to say, with all of the hotel options in fabulous Montreal, we will not visit the W again. Thanks for reading!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Satisfactory"
Deafly disappointed! To be such a great franchise management was just satisfactory and deafly needs to improve on customer service
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"W hotel"
Great location and super hip room. Loved it. Lounge has great drinks.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Felt like a celebrity"
We booked a suite and didn't want to leave! It was gorgeous!!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"dark in need of light and updating"
personnel and staff were nice and helpful, hotel needs face lift, and some light. W went too hip and tooo dark with this facility, not as nice as other W hotels in which I have stayed. Would only stay again after a remodel.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
BigRod
"Nice hotel to stay"
Very nice place, large room, moder design, great location.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Family vacation
not up to W Hotel standards. it's 10 years old, dark. unwelcoming. they are renovating next year. adding much needed light
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Luxury with comfort and a splash of fun!"
The hotel is great. It has a great vibe which says - come and relax, and if you want to have fun and celebrate - we will create the atmosphere for you. The room was great - I was upgraded to a Wow room and it was - WOW. nice big couch, great lighting and the bathtub and shower were great. The Wunderbatr downstairs made me the best old-fashioned I have ever had.Great time!
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Modern Feeling Hotel"
Pros: The hotel room itself was pretty nice. It had a very modern feel and a comfortable bed. The quality of service was excellent. The room was clean, but I did find under clothing in the drawers of the closet. Cons: They did not provide any oral care items until requested. Slippers would have been great, but I did not request them to see if they had any. The hotel includes Smart Water in the bathroom that is actually part of the mini bar and cost over $5 CAD each (this could have been better noted since it was away from the actual mini bar).
2 night business trip May 4, 2014
"amazing"
absolutely beautiful rooms, beautiful hotel overall, extremely courteous staff, lounges were awesome, and location in downtown montreal was prime.
2 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2014
alex
"Great view, cool room"
Great room, but guests should know that the bedroom and shower have zero privacy (in certain hotel rooms).
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Its the little things"
Super friendly, accomodating staff...Water bottles in the car on departure..super sexy decor...a little dark, casinoesque lighting however purposeful..memorable stay
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
LTB
"was close to all that interested us"
Everyone was very accomidating, polite and very helpful
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013