All hotels in Preston, England, United Kingdom
Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, England, PR5 0UL, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not bad for Salmesbury"
The reason we did not rate this hotel higher was that our Samsonite Luggage Cart "went missing". It was either forgotten by a member of staff and was left in the elevator or was taken from our room during our stay. Very disappointing as it cannot be replaced in the UK. Breakfast was good. Very quiet room.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Kevan
"Very Pleasant Stay"
I stayed at the Samlesbury for 5 nights. The room whilst relatively small, was more than adequate. The reception team were extremely friendly and helpful. Due to circumstances and schedule, I was not able to try the bar or restaurant, but intend to the next time I am over. I would happily visit again, and indeed intend to.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Stewart
we weren't happy with the dining room policy of having to register for breakfast or pay an extra £5 each
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Good hotel but food not of a high standard. Soggy chips and small gammon steak. No hot water but staff didn't let guests know about boiler failure. Told water would be hot in 10minutes but still cold 30 min later.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014

"Put off by room size"
Fantastic location, service of a high standard. Reception area and bar very impressive. Room the smallest I've ever stayed in - between two it was extremely cramped.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Decent Stay"
Friendly staff. Good service
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
eddie
"Very good"
1 night business as travelling in the area. Easy checkin modern hotel, room a little on the small side, but adequate. Nice touch with nespresso machine. Bar menu very nice if a little limited, overall very nice.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Stayed overnight after a Wedding nearby. Easy check in at 1am. Room a little too warm but very clean. Lovely bathroom, fantastic shower. Love how the bathroom mirror is heated so it doesn't stream up. Breakfast was tasty and breakfast staff all polite and smiley. Overall very good.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Eleanor
"A lovely hotel"
It was a lovely hotel. The staff were so nice and helpful. The room was lovely, and well equipped. The food was well presented, and lovely, but it was a bit pricey.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Simone
"Samlesbury Hotel Preton"
Good clean hotel.Friendly atmosphere and staff. Breakfast was worth every penny !
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
"samlesbury hotel"
Exceded expectations for what we paid,staff very friendly,there where 8 of us in our party and our rooms where arranged together,food was excellent but bar prices a little steep.Bedroom and bathroom perfect,we will be re-visiting in the near future.thank you for your hospitality
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Roger
"A pleasant stay"
We stayed at the Salmesbury for two nights whilst visiting an elderly relative who had been in hospital. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and professional both on reception and in the restaurant and bar. Food was good though a pie should be a pie and not a casserole with a piece of puff pastry put on top of it and Lancashire hotpot is not a casserole with sliced potatoes on top!
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Raymond
"Comfortable Stay!"
We phoned hotel to say we would be arriving after midnight then had to phone to say that we needed another room as too late to take relative to their accommodation. No fuss, it was dealt with straight away at the rate we got our online booking for which was a good price didn't include breakfast (it normal ends too early for us anyway). This wasn't a problem as there's a great garden centre just down the road which had a pianist while enjoying our brunch. The hotel's been refurbished very crisp, modern, clean. Room was good size with large bed, very comfortable. Bathroom good standard, toilettes and towels soft. Iron & ironing Board always great to have. Bar staff were friendly and helpful. Good parking. Local garage/shop across road but you'd need to drive or get a taxi into town if you want more. Wasn't keen on reception but that's a personal opinion- Once in the main doors you see a big table quite high which I went to walk past until the man said `can I help you'. This was Reception which we found a bit odd its long, high and too wide to lean across. Would stay here again especially at the rate we got it for booked 5 days before.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Tracy
"Highly recommend and i stay in a lot of hotels"
I stayed on a business trip and was very impressed with the overall experience-from how professional the staff were,quality of the food/drink and the room was modern,comfortable and clean.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Antony
"Fantastic hotel, couldn't fault it"
4 friends stayed here whilst attending a wedding reception nearby. I honestly could find no fault with the hotel. The value for money was fantastic, the staff ever so helpful and friendly (even the late night bar staff put up with us!). The rooms are very comfortable, bathroom and shower fantastic. We paid an extra £10 for breakfast also which I would highly recommend, two of our group both commented that it was the best hotel breakfast they'd had!
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"ill be back !"
great !
2 night business trip May 18, 2015
"Good business stay."
For- Very nice one night stay. Excellent gym facilities. Spacious and very well equiped. Against- Allowed all their disabled spots to be used by cars without a blue badge.
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Salmesbury Hotel Review"
Stayed one night with my brother and his wife to do timekeeping at Hoghton Tower Sprint.We found the hotel very good, the staff very helpful and the meal we had was excellent; if we were up that way again, we would not hesitate to book it again.
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Lovely stay at Samlesbury Hotel"
I always have a lovely stay at the Samlesbury Hotel. Reception is always so helpful.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Hazel
"Very good pleasant staff and well looked after"
Great had lovely time here the hotel was clean and the staff really friendly
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
gary
"Very comfortable bed, lovely stay."
Brief stay, wish we could have stayed longer! Lovely hotel, delightful staff. Very welcoming, nothing too much trouble.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
sweep
"Just ok"
Cheap rooms but massively expensively poor breakfast. Hardly any staff. Don't upgrade to a club room as all you get is a Nespresso machine with 3 cheap generic capsules
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
ananda
"spot on."
super !
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"Just one night"
Hotel looks like it is brand new, really well maintained and very modern. Rooms aren't massive but the shower is really good. The man at check in and check out was great, didn't opt for breakfast but went to the bar in the morning for a drink before we left and took over 15 mins to get served even though they saw me straight away. Did not ruin the stay, better price than travel lodges and premier inns etc it is miles better than those kind of hotels!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Really Good Value"
Very welcoming Staff. We only stayed for one night but would definately stay again.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Ok, very niosy neighbours!"
The hotel was well decorated and the room was very small but adequate. There was only 1 large towl in the shower room. When we came to reception for breakfast I mentioned this to the male member of staff and he pedantically said "did you not look in the wardrobe?!" as if that's obviously where towels are kept! Our neighbours were extreamly noisy with a toddler very very early and we could hear everything going on in both neighbours rooms so we had very little sleep, the walls certainly need to be thicker to prevent this. Walking down the hallway to breakfast there was a horrendous strong smell of sick which was extremely off putting. The breakfast was ok, I had to request more cereal as it had run out and not replaced and no bread was replaced for toast so we ended up going without. With breakfast we ended up paying £81 which I do think is very steep for what we got.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Olivia
"Conveniently situated"
Only stayed the one night, to attend a nearby function. We would stay again.
"A right let-down"
Badly let down by housekeeping. Booked for 2 adults. Only 1 shampoo and no body wash in shower. Reception provided but this was the first time I have ever needed to ask. Only 1 set of towels put out. Fortunately found second set in wardrobe. Next morning only 1 tea bag and insufficient milk. I have stayed with my wife in 11 hotels in the past 3 months including 1 motorway lodge and this was the smallest. I felt like I had been put in a matchbox. There was only 1 chair - no room for a second one - so one of us had to watch T.V. sitting on the bed. The one upside was that by comparison the next hotel room in which we have stayed seemed like a suite and the one I am sitting in now is a scaled down version of home. It's no wonder they advertise so much. I for one don't plan to become a returning customer.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Andy
"bang on !"
top notch, perfect overnight business stay
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Highly recommended venue."
I went to a Conference. The staff were all efficient, helpful and friendly. The food was excellent. Location was a main road to the front and fields behind but didn't go out and about.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Christine
"Revisit"
2nd stay in a short period of time and would book again!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Nice hotel and staff"
Very nice hotel. Pleasant and friendly staff
Response by Samlesbury Hotel
Dear Lorraine Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Best wishes
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Lorraine
"Good Value for money"
Good quality hotel with comfortable beds, well equipped rooms and free WiFi. Restaurant good for evening meal and breakfast. Can upgrade to executive room. Has few extras and executive lounge access but bedroom size the same. Hotel has a fitness center, pleasant lounge area and free parking.
Response by Samlesbury Hotel
Dear SKIP2564 Thank you for posting such a positive and detailed review. I am sure that other travellers will find your comments useful when they are looking for somewhere to stay in the area. I will share your review with the rest of the team and hope you will stay at Samlesbury again soon. Best wishes
skip64
"Nice hotel for businesses"
There is free WIFI in everywhere and heating is well at night. Next time,when I am in Preston,I will choose the same hotel again!
Response by Samlesbury Hotel
Dear Roy Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you at Samlesbury hotel again soon. Best wishes
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
roy
"Really Nice Hotel"
I stayed at the Samlesbury Hotel for all of January almost and stayed in a double room, it was fantastic hotel to stay at. Really stylish rooms, big TV (which is not a given in most hotels), a huge really comfy bed. The bar food is expensive though.
3 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Sam
"January stay at Samlesbury Hotel"
One night stay for a late Christmas do! Finished off a great evening at this fantastic hotel, staff very friendly, everywhere spotless. Didn't think that the room upgrade offer on arrival was worth £20.00 though.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Simon
"Short Stay"
Although my stay was only for one night I would have no hesitation in recommending the Samlesbury Hotel. As it was the Christmas part session we were unable to eat there however, the staff were very knowledgable and helpful regarding local restaurants. Breakfast was excellent and served by very professional and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Xmas Travel"
Enjoyable visit, would happily visit again both for business or pleasure, would be happy to recommend it. Booked it online through Expedia and costs no more than one of the local 'budget' hotels and you get much better place to stay.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Review"
Lovely hotel
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Good food and freindly staff"
Good food and freindly staff, really nice
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Cheap for the star"
A nite away. Was good
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
james
"Fantastic customer care and going that Extra mile"
Our stay was refreshing and a very pleasent experience, all the staff were very welcoming and polite. Staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was a memorable one and their manners could not be faulted. While carrying a full room service one staff member waited for me and my wife holding open one of the corridor doors with one hand and the tray on the other, that to me shows true dedication and very good customer care awareness. A very big thank you to every single member of staff at the Samlesbury Hotel, you all made our stay memorable, thank you.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Ian
"Very pleasant all round"
As a frequent business traveller who automatically booked Premier Inn, I needed a change. This hotel was perfect. First of all it was cheaper overall, although the food was more expensive (justifiably so) the room rate was cheaper. I did not have breakfast so I can't rate that. The rooms were comfy and again more "upmarket" than the Premier Inn rooms, they also had free wired or wireless internet. The staff were extremely pleasant and there was even the opportunity to go to the gym (maybe next time).
Response by Samlesbury Hotel
Dear James Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am pleased that we appear to have been able to provide everything that the business traveller requires, comfortable room, good food, WiFi and pleasant staff. I hope that we will become your preferred choice for future business trips, I am sure that your review will assist other business travellers in making an informed choice and hope to see you at Samlesbury Hotel again soon. Best wishes Mark
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Would return but some puzzling anomalies"
I have stayed in this hotel 4 times now and will be going back at the end of October. It is good value for money and, on the whole, staff are friendly and helpful. Food is very good (although the coffee at breakfast is so weak it looks like tea!!). When they are not busy, service is excellent (not enough staff during busy periods). Special mention for Ifa at breakfsat who was outstanding in her attention and warmth. The puzzle is that, despite a generally high quality, housekeeping is poor. If you stay more than one night (and I have stayed for 2 night, 3 night and 4 night stays), the bed is made and the cups washed and pretty much that is all you get. The carpets were not vacuumed for 4 days. I had to ask for soap (none supplied) for more shampoo and shower gel (one tiny tube of each for 4 days feels very mean!). I did not get a replacement face cloth after day 1 and, although I did not want my towels replaced, they were not even hung neatly. I overheard other guests commenting on this as well and although it is a small detail it spoils an otherwise pleasant stay.
4 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Kate
"Great location for family or business"
-Professional staff: excellent attentive service from both front of house and housekeeping with can-do approach -Clean, quiet rooms with rural views -Great restaurant -Useful road/motorway position for both Blackburn and Preston -Large, modern airy lounge area -fair price
5 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
"terrible hotel"
Very expensive. Dirty smelly rooms. Beds rock hard and staff more interested in the next shift. Breakfast was cold
2 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
suetcc
"Have friends in Salmesbury Bottoms ."
Stayed one night very comfortable staff very pleasant.
Response by Samlesbury Hotel
Dear Charles Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay. I was pleased to hear that you found our staff to be pleasant and attentive. Hope the lack of a suitcase stand did not cause you too much inconvenience and hope that you will choose to stay at Samlesbury Hotel next time you visit your friends who live in the area. Best wishes Mark Illingworth - Commercial Manager
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Overnight Business Trip"
Warm welcome form reception. Room on the small side but clean and comfortable. Bathroom clean to a high standard.
Response by Samlesbury Hotel
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments regarding the quality of service and friendlness of the staff to the rest of the team. Hope to welcome you to the hotel again soon. Best Wishes Mark Illingworth - Commercial Manager
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Nice hotel, great hotel staff"
We were staying here for a friends wedding up the road at samlesbury hall. We needed to arrive a couple of hours before the normal check in time so that we could get ready for the wedding. We called the receptionist who said they'd get our room ready in time of they could, but they were very busy as they were fully booked so naturally couldn't guarantee anything. When we arrived they had everything ready. What's more I'd booked a twin room as it was all they had left. They went out of their way to convert it into a double room, and went to find an extra cot for my son too. Overall the staff were just really helpful. The hotel too had very nice facilities and was in great condition. It was also very reasonably prices. No more than the premier inn down the road but infinitely better.
Response by Samlesbury Hotel
Thank you for your excellent review. I am pleased to hear that our reception and housekeeping staff exceeded your expectations with regard to providing your room ahead of normal check-in time and also transformed a twin room into a double for you. I will pass your comments onto them and add a few words of praise of my own. I do hope you will be able to stay with us again soon. Best Wishes Mark Illingworth - Commercial Manager
Other trip Sep 23, 2014