All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America

"Hampton In Washington, DC Convention Center"
Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, close to Convention Center.
5 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"In the heart of DC"
On our first trip back to DC as visitors (instead of residents), this hotel was the perfect fit! The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is also centrally located and has so many food options nearby!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Adequate"
We were charged twice for parking, but they removed the charge without incident when we brought it up. Location was convenient.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Would stay there again,"
Close to National mall. Not far from bus and train stops. Close to Safeway food store. Next to China town and great restaurants. Read other reviews about delayed hot water so always turned water on early to make sure it was hot when needed. Very popular hotel during Christmas - New Year's break but they handled the breakfast rush well. The beds were very comfortable as mentioned in other reviews.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Jerry
"Great Overnight Stay!"
Very clean, great breakfast, and glorious beds!
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Mostly a good value, with a few giltches"
My stay was for a board meeting and a conference. On arrival, I was greeted well and accommodated quickly. Staff were friendly, well-groomed, and polite. They appeared to take pride in their work. I was delighted to have been given a handicapped-accessible room. I'm not handicapped, but I liked the hand-held shower, which I definitely prefer... plus the extra grab bars. The room was also about 20 square feet larger because of its position. (Room 810) The view? Meh... an alleyway. But I don't book business trips based on the view. The room was very clean, and I liked the white comforter because any stains etc would be readily apparent. It was spotless. Also appreciated the in-room microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom lighting was also pretty decent for putting on makeup. (Too many hotels have only an overhead light above the mirrors, which is no help for women who must groom before a meeting.) A couple of issues -- The TV often would pixellate, which was distracting, indicating a poor reception. The Internet connection was sometimes unstable, requiring a reboot or switching back and forth between browsers. And the beverage vending machine was not working, requiring that I slip to another floor (in my pajamas) by way of the stairway so I could find a working machine. The room price also went to about $250 for my third and final night. For that cost, I'd have chosen the Omni Shoreham. Otherwise an excellent stay.
3 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"my Hampton stay"
Good
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Noisy Ice Machine"
Ice machine in front of my room door was very noise and disturbed us during all nights. I talked to the attendant at the main lobby to ask someone from the maintenance team of the Hotel to verify the ice machine, but the noise remained as it was before.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Alexandre
"Good hotel near the Mall"
We stayed over the winter break. Hotel was full, but everything was comfortable. Location is great - we walked to the Mall museums or took the Metro to places further away. There were many families with children, and they were very comfortable. Breakfast was typical for Hampton Inn - not fancyet but filling.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Val
"Nice place with a few hicups"
Breakfast was great, good choices and excellent staff. 5 day stay. Room was good at first but maid seemed to slack off daily. Sheets gave us brush burn on our elbows! Trash stayed in hallway for 3 days but once we mentioned it to the front desk it was immediately addressed.
6 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Georgette
We had a great experience here. Our room was clean and comfortable, and while we didn't find noise to be a problem, I appreciated that a pair of ear plugs was provided just in case. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, always greeting us when we entered the front door or came downstairs. Finally, we thought the neighborhood was great: lots to see and do nearby, and easy access to all other parts of the city.
3 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Ellen
"Family get-away"
Hotel was an excellent selection for my family's get-away to D.C. Great staff, accommodations.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
DC Tourist
"Stay at the other DC Hampton."
Bed was uncomfortable. Pillows felt like a pillowcase full of paper towels. Bar tender was not very good. Mandatory 40$ per day valet charge. Front desk was aloof. Maids were nice. Rates were reasonable.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Comfortable, convenient hotel in DC"
Overall, very pleased with this Hampton Inn. It is near Chinatown and only a few blocks from a Metro stop. The front desk staff was exceptional - very helpful and always greeted us as we came through the lobby. Sasi, in particular, was excellent. The breakfast was good but go early because it gets very crowded and there is not a good "flow" to the food area. The room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that our housekeeper did not restock the cups,soap and shampoo and we were there 5 nights. But the front desk employees were very apologetic and gave us what we needed. The pool was small but nice. The pool towels are very small though!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Lauren
"great service , ok hotel"
I don't normally do reviews but wanted to point out that while the service wa s great the hotel condition was lacking.the first thing we noticed was that the toilet didn't flush. They came to right away to fix it. Then we noticed there were no sheets for the pullout bed. They brought these up quickly as well. The biggest issue I had was the hot water would take forever to get warm. Once you got it at a nice temperature it would go ice cold. Of course I overcorrected and turned out all the way hot. After shivering for a few seconds I was then on fire by the scalding hot water. My last comment is that emergency vehicles are constantly going by with sirens on. To solve this issue the hotel nicely placed ear plugs on the end table. The service was very good as well as the breakfast. The hotel itself could just sone work thoug.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
howie
"Convenient and Pleasing"
Its a rare time when one has nothing to complain about when travelling and staying in hotels, but this is one of those rare occasions when everything was pleasantly just right, from the room to the breakfast and the location , location, location, is , once again just right.....
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
sandra
"Kudos Staff / Hampton Inn DC DT"
Any time I visit DC , I stay at Hampton Inn DT because it meets all of my needs and more. On a recent trip to the WH I had some concerns and they met my needs. I study hotels and Hampton Inn DT without doubt is a winner. I will always recommend Hampton Inn DC DT to my network
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Iris
"Great family vacation hotel"
The staff was so friendly and the accommodations are perfect if you are vacationing with kids. The complimentary breakfast includes hot items which is always a plus. Also, Hot chocolate, tea, and coffee were available all day. The pool and hot tub were great too!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Peony
"Family fun"
Vacation
4 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"A nice fit"
I am a single mom with a 5 and 11yr old. This hotel is close to many attractions. It was very clean and the staff provided great customer service. They were very friendly and always helpful. The complimentary breakfast was much better than I expected. Although the pool was not very large I liked that it started out 3ft so my children who are just learning to swim could enjoy it. I would definitely recommend it….
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Loretta
"Most indifferent and callous during follow up"
We stayed for 2 nights with family for vacation and really enjoyed stay until we discovered the staff responsible for valet parking lost our keyless entry remote for our SUV. When we called to enquire they were indifferent. After 2 minutes of putting me on hold they replied they don't have it and that's it. Very callous and indifferent attitude. It appeared they don't care for things lost in their care. I am glad we did not loose anything form the luggage we stored for a few hours in the hotel. I am totally annoyed and will have to take it with their corporate office or BBB. I paid 93 dollars for valet parking and this is what I get in response. It was a nice place but don't give anything other than the key for valet parking and check everything before you leave. I don't trudt the folks there. The remote was secure on the key ring but the ring was pried open with just the key when we inspected it. Juste be careful with your belongings.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
krishna
"Perfect Placement"
Got the room to attend a basketball game. It was in the perfect location, no more than a 5 minute walk to the arena. The room was great just what we needed to relax before and after the game. The cost was very good and it include parking.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Matthew
"Helpful, Friendly Staff"
Service was great. Staff really helpful. Comfortable room. Only complaint was noise. Could hear every sound from hallway. Location pretty good for connecting to transit but not super wakable to sights. Breakfast was good.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Janet
"Great, affordable hotel in nice location."
We stayed over for one night in DC and had a great time. The pool was perfect for our kids and the location was great for a quick visit to the White House. One of the best Hampton Inns I have ever stayed at. Refrigerator and microwave in our room was an added bonus, especially traveling with an infant! The only damper was the mandatory valet parking which is like $40 a night. Otherwise we had a great visit!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Smartmama
"Wonderful staff and great hot free breakfast!"
This location is just a few blocks from the metro which makes renting a car unnecessary. You can also walk to lots of attractions and food. My 6 year old son and I walked from the hotel in all directions and I never felt unsafe. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful and we loved the indoor hot tub and pool. All-in-all, an affordable, kid friendly, comfortable place to stay.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Christa
Nice hotel. Great Breakfast selection! My family enjoyed our vacation in DC.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Highest parking fee I've paid in my life!!!!!!"
$46 for parking!!!! Are you kidding me???!!!! There is no option but valet at this place. They charged me $39 for parking + $ 7 in Parking tax. This is the highest parking fee I've paid in my life!
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Saif
"Nice hotel with free breakfast"
We liked this place for the price and comfort. Free breakfast and also have a nice small bar/restaurant.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Antonio
"Very comfortable stay"
Issues with the cable but they made up for it by giving us a break on overtime parking. Staff was excellent and breakfast was very good. A bit of a walk to the major sites but not bad if your going to the verizon center.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Eugene
"Liked better than expected"
Enjoyed the complete hot and cold breakfast- much better than expected. liked having hairdryer, microwave and fridge in room free wifi. Beds extremely comfortable. 3 blocks from some of the best restaurants in DC like Zaytina and Jaleo's. Desk staff very good. My son swam in the small pool.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Lauren
"Overnight parking fee... Really?"
the room was pretty nice... My boyfriend and I didn't care for the parking situation. $40+ tax for overnight parking is a tad bit overrated. But, the hotel it's self and the room cleanliness was very nice.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great stay - super friendly and clean!"
Booked same day for the room; it was perfect. Light sleeper and they were able to accommodate my request for a room away from the elevator. Check-in was super easy and the front desk associate was super; from my request to offering me maps of the area. One small caveat (and possibly my oversight)- didn't realize I had to pay for parking and that it was not included in my Hotels.com booking. However, the valet was super; he quickly assisted me in unloading the car, and even went back for my cell when I forgot it in the charger. Highly recommend this hotel for both the business and social traveler; you will not be disappointed!
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Regina
"Very close to everything!"
Everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was very nice and our room was beautiful. Highly recommend and will definitely stay again!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great location for ease in navigating the DC area"
This was a 10 night stay for visiting DC and touring the sites. The location was great--just 3 blocks from the Gallery/Chinatown Metro Station. The breakfast each morning was great and varied--hot buffet style. Internet was free. My only concern is that the front desk staff were not helpful or informative about directions or advice concerning any tourist attractions. Example--what's the best Metro stop for the Capital building. I could have missed them but I did not see any pamphlets about attractions except for that Big Bus that tours the DC area and we did do that but it was pretty slow and I wouldn't recommend it. The hop on hop off Trolley tours was better.
10 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2014
audrey
"Very Comfy"
out of town guests stayed at the Hampton. They found it quite comfortable and enjoyed being there.
1 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great hotel near downtown."
Great experience. Quiet and comfortable. This review needs more words in this block; so hopefully this is enough.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Carl
"Good deal, nice location for the DC sights."
Good location for DC. Clean room. Good price. They had just recoated all the bathtubs so the acetone-like smell in the hallways was strong the first day. The tubs do look great however and the smell was not in the room. Lots of families were there over the Thanksgiving break which was fun. The family was not a fan of the French toast at breakfast but liked the egg/sausage/oatmeal/yoghurt/fruit/small muffin offerings.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Carolyn
"Good hotel and location"
Great hotel close to many atractions good location and the best buffet breakfast. A little noise because many constructions around and parking is some expensive $39 plus tax.
4 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
mario
"Comfy"
Comfy and friendly
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
"Thanksgiving in D.C."
Great hotel, location, and staff!!
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Toni
It's a good place to stay, very comfortable and nice staff, it's also not too far from the monument mall
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Family vacation"
Hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. Location is within walking distance to the national mall. Great hotel.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Family fun in dc"
We had a great stay. The staff was great and friendly. Breakfast great. Used guest laundry and work out facility. Both well appointed
5 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Parindu
"Good location, better than expected for price"
The location is great if you need to be at or near the convention center, not a bad walk to the metro and several buses go by outside. The room is a good size, comfortable bed, normal selection of TV channels including HBO, AC/Heat control for each room. Only downsides, cheap towels that aren't very comfortable. And the main problem I had was that there are only two elevators, and there was a huge group of kids playing in the hallways and going from floor to floor, so every time I came our went I had to stop on every floor. This is also a problem at checkout. But overall a good value.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
LT
"Great location close to everything."
Walking distance to great food in China Town. Walking distance to Musemuns . Great hotel staff . Dc. Is a great city.
Ken
I had a brief one night stay. It was one of the more comfortable Hamptons that I've stayed in. The facilities seemed newly renovated, and the mattress was quite comfortable. The location is excellent.
It was nice, met our needs. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed drinks at the bar!
"Need to enforce smoking rules in rooms."
We had two king studios. one room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. The hallway just outside the other room smelled of vomit. I spent nearly $2,0000 at hotel and was not offered any price break when I asked to extend stay in one room despite having to put up with very offensive odors. Otherwise hotel and staff was very nice.
S
"Perfect Location"
Stayed in this hotel for the Fleetwood Mac concert at the Verizon center. Hotel was a 5 minute walk to Verizon Center and 2 minutes away from Chinatown. Greta location and wonderful staff!!!
Nina
"Excellent choice"
If you're going to the Convention Center, this is a perfect hotel choice.
4 night business trip Nov 13, 2014