All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America

"Very close to Verizon Center"
The hotel was walking distance to the Verizon Center but there was a lot of construction around the hotel.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Avoid eating in the bar"
My stay in the hotel was fine. It was the food service in the bar that was a disaster. I was told there was a whole 7 orders ahead of me and it took an hour and a half to get my hamburger and fries. To top off the wait (and price) the quality of the burger was on par with a mediocre high school cafeteria burger. Stay for the room, run from the food.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
Marc
"Lovely Hotel near Verizon Center"
The Hampton Inn is a very well kept hotel, near the Verizon Center. The staff were top notch and very helpful. The hotel and staff were so nice, I look forward to taking another vacation in DC to stay at the Hampton Inn.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Marcie
"Great Hotel for the Verizon Center"
The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, comfortable and well appointed. A bit small but not overly so. It's two blocks walk to the Verizon Center and a block from China Town. I definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Nick
"Very impressed!"
This hotel is very close to the convention center and much better priced than others surrounding the convention center. I was very pleased with the service. It has a nice hotel restaurant and bar and the server was friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was much better than expected and the staff was very attentive to refilling it when necessary. We travel a lot for club volleyball and this was one of our most pleasant stays, even being surrounded by teenage girls!
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Mass Road Warrior"
Great location DC Convention Center , free breakfast, great staff, Room is clean and comfortable
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Edmund
"great location in Chinatown, close to lots"
great location in Chinatown, a block away from the Verizon center and only 6 or so blocks from Penn Ave Lots of restaurants in the area, Metro station close by Hotel was great, the staff were very helpful and friendly Enjoyed the stay despite the bitter cold and blowing snow Good launchpad for DC sites
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Merckgoalie
"Wizards wknd"
Everything was great. The breakfast buffet needs a little help as far as choices
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Craig
"Nice Downtown Location"
This hotel was good for the area and price. My kids wanted an indoor pool and we wanted to be close to the Mall so this fit the bill. The price for parking was quoted as $34 but the hotel charged $39. When we checked in I was told it could not be changed but when I checked in later with a manager, he graciously fixed the rate to reflect what we were promised. Room was small but clean and well stocked with pillows and toiletries. Location is great - near the convention center - a nice mix of hotels and apartments so there were lots of restaurants, the usual chains plus some nice local joints.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Sue
"It was cool , clean and chill"
The room was clean, comfortable, and the hotel was calm and quiet - I'd def stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"Nice hotel! But willing to take advantage of you!"
Let me say this first. The room was very nice and comfy. It was quiet and had everything I needed. Now for the bad. One thing that made me mad was how expensive it was to park there aside from the room cost. When parking cost 3/4 as much as the room your staying in, it just doesn't make sense. Another thing their snack and gift shop was extremely, extremely inflated. When a pack of Tylenol was 20 bucks for a tiny bottle of 10 it's ridiculous. A standard .99 cent toothbrush was 15 dollars. Last thing if is you will not feel safe walking off of the hotel property after it gets dark. While the hotel is nice just a street up is kind of the ghetto. A lot of unsavory people close by.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Trevor
"A very nice hotel in DC"
I met a friend for a couple of days in DC. When we arrived the desk clerk was very pleasant and gave us several restaurant options( all of which were very good) The hotel is very clean and convenient to the public transit. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to DC.
2 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Weekend getaway with the kids"
The hotel was very nice. We arrived early and had no problems checking in, getting our room or leaving our car. The hotel is only 3 blocks to the metro stop and a couple more to The Mall and museums. It is close to shopping and restaurants. Very easy to get to and from. The room was small, but clean. I liked that it had a small fridge and microwave. And storage area for food. We don't eat out a lot, so this was great for our sandwiches, yogurts, snacks, drinks, etc. the pool was tiny, but my son enjoyed it anyhow. We all used the hot tub. I wish it was open until 11pm instead of 10pm. Breakfast was hot and plentiful, but crowded, which is what we expect in the city on a holiday weekend. This hotel was a good choice for us and we will stay there again.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Leigh Ann
"Would recommend this hotel to friends!"
I can't say enough about the staff - they were courteous and friendly, available to answer questions. Good hot breakfast every morning and coffee/tea available all day. Comfortable chairs in the lobby and breakfast place.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Ms. P
"Great service and location"
This particular Hampton Inn, in my opinion, is in the top 1% of the company for service and accomodations. We have stayed at Hampton Inn locations all over the country, this one was the best; mostly for it's staff and their professionalism.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Todd
"Good hotel experience"
We, a family of four, had a quick weekend stay. The hotel was comfortable and clean, front desk service was efficient, and staff was helpful in getting us a cab. The breakfast was well stocked and maintained even though we went down at a peak busy time. Only annoyance was that vending machines on the floors were either broken or not stocked, resulting in having to visit three floors to get our drinks - which happened at a time the elevator was broken - so probably more of a hassle than normal. We very much appreciated the hot tea, coffee, and hot chocolate available in the lobby when we came in from sightseeing. The hotel is an easy walk from the Chinatown Metro Stop. Walk to the Lincoln Memorial/Washington Monument was doable for us (older kids, 10 and 15) but I don't think I would have attempted it with littler ones. We also walked to the Natural History Museum which seemed closer. We would stay here again.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Natalie
"Nice for a weekend getaway to DC."
We stayed one night while celebrating my wife's birthday in DC. It was nice and convenient.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Kenneth
"Hampton In Washington, DC Convention Center"
Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, close to Convention Center.
5 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"In the heart of DC"
On our first trip back to DC as visitors (instead of residents), this hotel was the perfect fit! The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is also centrally located and has so many food options nearby!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Adequate"
We were charged twice for parking, but they removed the charge without incident when we brought it up. Location was convenient.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Would stay there again,"
Close to National mall. Not far from bus and train stops. Close to Safeway food store. Next to China town and great restaurants. Read other reviews about delayed hot water so always turned water on early to make sure it was hot when needed. Very popular hotel during Christmas - New Year's break but they handled the breakfast rush well. The beds were very comfortable as mentioned in other reviews.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Jerry
"Great Overnight Stay!"
Very clean, great breakfast, and glorious beds!
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Mostly a good value, with a few giltches"
My stay was for a board meeting and a conference. On arrival, I was greeted well and accommodated quickly. Staff were friendly, well-groomed, and polite. They appeared to take pride in their work. I was delighted to have been given a handicapped-accessible room. I'm not handicapped, but I liked the hand-held shower, which I definitely prefer... plus the extra grab bars. The room was also about 20 square feet larger because of its position. (Room 810) The view? Meh... an alleyway. But I don't book business trips based on the view. The room was very clean, and I liked the white comforter because any stains etc would be readily apparent. It was spotless. Also appreciated the in-room microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom lighting was also pretty decent for putting on makeup. (Too many hotels have only an overhead light above the mirrors, which is no help for women who must groom before a meeting.) A couple of issues -- The TV often would pixellate, which was distracting, indicating a poor reception. The Internet connection was sometimes unstable, requiring a reboot or switching back and forth between browsers. And the beverage vending machine was not working, requiring that I slip to another floor (in my pajamas) by way of the stairway so I could find a working machine. The room price also went to about $250 for my third and final night. For that cost, I'd have chosen the Omni Shoreham. Otherwise an excellent stay.
3 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"my Hampton stay"
Good
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Noisy Ice Machine"
Ice machine in front of my room door was very noise and disturbed us during all nights. I talked to the attendant at the main lobby to ask someone from the maintenance team of the Hotel to verify the ice machine, but the noise remained as it was before.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Alexandre
"Good hotel near the Mall"
We stayed over the winter break. Hotel was full, but everything was comfortable. Location is great - we walked to the Mall museums or took the Metro to places further away. There were many families with children, and they were very comfortable. Breakfast was typical for Hampton Inn - not fancyet but filling.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Val
"Nice place with a few hicups"
Breakfast was great, good choices and excellent staff. 5 day stay. Room was good at first but maid seemed to slack off daily. Sheets gave us brush burn on our elbows! Trash stayed in hallway for 3 days but once we mentioned it to the front desk it was immediately addressed.
6 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Georgette
We had a great experience here. Our room was clean and comfortable, and while we didn't find noise to be a problem, I appreciated that a pair of ear plugs was provided just in case. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, always greeting us when we entered the front door or came downstairs. Finally, we thought the neighborhood was great: lots to see and do nearby, and easy access to all other parts of the city.
3 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Ellen
"Family get-away"
Hotel was an excellent selection for my family's get-away to D.C. Great staff, accommodations.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
DC Tourist
"Stay at the other DC Hampton."
Bed was uncomfortable. Pillows felt like a pillowcase full of paper towels. Bar tender was not very good. Mandatory 40$ per day valet charge. Front desk was aloof. Maids were nice. Rates were reasonable.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Comfortable, convenient hotel in DC"
Overall, very pleased with this Hampton Inn. It is near Chinatown and only a few blocks from a Metro stop. The front desk staff was exceptional - very helpful and always greeted us as we came through the lobby. Sasi, in particular, was excellent. The breakfast was good but go early because it gets very crowded and there is not a good "flow" to the food area. The room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that our housekeeper did not restock the cups,soap and shampoo and we were there 5 nights. But the front desk employees were very apologetic and gave us what we needed. The pool was small but nice. The pool towels are very small though!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Lauren
"great service , ok hotel"
I don't normally do reviews but wanted to point out that while the service wa s great the hotel condition was lacking.the first thing we noticed was that the toilet didn't flush. They came to right away to fix it. Then we noticed there were no sheets for the pullout bed. They brought these up quickly as well. The biggest issue I had was the hot water would take forever to get warm. Once you got it at a nice temperature it would go ice cold. Of course I overcorrected and turned out all the way hot. After shivering for a few seconds I was then on fire by the scalding hot water. My last comment is that emergency vehicles are constantly going by with sirens on. To solve this issue the hotel nicely placed ear plugs on the end table. The service was very good as well as the breakfast. The hotel itself could just sone work thoug.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
howie
"Convenient and Pleasing"
Its a rare time when one has nothing to complain about when travelling and staying in hotels, but this is one of those rare occasions when everything was pleasantly just right, from the room to the breakfast and the location , location, location, is , once again just right.....
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
sandra
"Kudos Staff / Hampton Inn DC DT"
Any time I visit DC , I stay at Hampton Inn DT because it meets all of my needs and more. On a recent trip to the WH I had some concerns and they met my needs. I study hotels and Hampton Inn DT without doubt is a winner. I will always recommend Hampton Inn DC DT to my network
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Iris
"Great family vacation hotel"
The staff was so friendly and the accommodations are perfect if you are vacationing with kids. The complimentary breakfast includes hot items which is always a plus. Also, Hot chocolate, tea, and coffee were available all day. The pool and hot tub were great too!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Peony
"Family fun"
Vacation
4 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"A nice fit"
I am a single mom with a 5 and 11yr old. This hotel is close to many attractions. It was very clean and the staff provided great customer service. They were very friendly and always helpful. The complimentary breakfast was much better than I expected. Although the pool was not very large I liked that it started out 3ft so my children who are just learning to swim could enjoy it. I would definitely recommend it….
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Loretta
"Most indifferent and callous during follow up"
We stayed for 2 nights with family for vacation and really enjoyed stay until we discovered the staff responsible for valet parking lost our keyless entry remote for our SUV. When we called to enquire they were indifferent. After 2 minutes of putting me on hold they replied they don't have it and that's it. Very callous and indifferent attitude. It appeared they don't care for things lost in their care. I am glad we did not loose anything form the luggage we stored for a few hours in the hotel. I am totally annoyed and will have to take it with their corporate office or BBB. I paid 93 dollars for valet parking and this is what I get in response. It was a nice place but don't give anything other than the key for valet parking and check everything before you leave. I don't trudt the folks there. The remote was secure on the key ring but the ring was pried open with just the key when we inspected it. Juste be careful with your belongings.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
krishna
"Perfect Placement"
Got the room to attend a basketball game. It was in the perfect location, no more than a 5 minute walk to the arena. The room was great just what we needed to relax before and after the game. The cost was very good and it include parking.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Matthew
"Helpful, Friendly Staff"
Service was great. Staff really helpful. Comfortable room. Only complaint was noise. Could hear every sound from hallway. Location pretty good for connecting to transit but not super wakable to sights. Breakfast was good.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Janet
"Great, affordable hotel in nice location."
We stayed over for one night in DC and had a great time. The pool was perfect for our kids and the location was great for a quick visit to the White House. One of the best Hampton Inns I have ever stayed at. Refrigerator and microwave in our room was an added bonus, especially traveling with an infant! The only damper was the mandatory valet parking which is like $40 a night. Otherwise we had a great visit!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Smartmama
"Wonderful staff and great hot free breakfast!"
This location is just a few blocks from the metro which makes renting a car unnecessary. You can also walk to lots of attractions and food. My 6 year old son and I walked from the hotel in all directions and I never felt unsafe. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful and we loved the indoor hot tub and pool. All-in-all, an affordable, kid friendly, comfortable place to stay.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Christa
Nice hotel. Great Breakfast selection! My family enjoyed our vacation in DC.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Highest parking fee I've paid in my life!!!!!!"
$46 for parking!!!! Are you kidding me???!!!! There is no option but valet at this place. They charged me $39 for parking + $ 7 in Parking tax. This is the highest parking fee I've paid in my life!
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Saif
"Nice hotel with free breakfast"
We liked this place for the price and comfort. Free breakfast and also have a nice small bar/restaurant.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Antonio
"Very comfortable stay"
Issues with the cable but they made up for it by giving us a break on overtime parking. Staff was excellent and breakfast was very good. A bit of a walk to the major sites but not bad if your going to the verizon center.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Eugene
"Liked better than expected"
Enjoyed the complete hot and cold breakfast- much better than expected. liked having hairdryer, microwave and fridge in room free wifi. Beds extremely comfortable. 3 blocks from some of the best restaurants in DC like Zaytina and Jaleo's. Desk staff very good. My son swam in the small pool.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Lauren
"Overnight parking fee... Really?"
the room was pretty nice... My boyfriend and I didn't care for the parking situation. $40+ tax for overnight parking is a tad bit overrated. But, the hotel it's self and the room cleanliness was very nice.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Great stay - super friendly and clean!"
Booked same day for the room; it was perfect. Light sleeper and they were able to accommodate my request for a room away from the elevator. Check-in was super easy and the front desk associate was super; from my request to offering me maps of the area. One small caveat (and possibly my oversight)- didn't realize I had to pay for parking and that it was not included in my Hotels.com booking. However, the valet was super; he quickly assisted me in unloading the car, and even went back for my cell when I forgot it in the charger. Highly recommend this hotel for both the business and social traveler; you will not be disappointed!
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Regina
"Very close to everything!"
Everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was very nice and our room was beautiful. Highly recommend and will definitely stay again!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014