All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
556 Sherbourne St, Toronto, ON, M4X1L3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Vacation in Toronto"
We choose this hotel as it was close to my brothers apartment. Service in general was very poor. I would not stay at this hotel again. For the price charged there were several other options and next time i wont mind walking a few more blocks to get to my brothers apt. Unfriendly Staff and Very Poor Room Service.
7 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Charming"
This hotel has a lot of charm. The room was very nice and spacious. The jets in the tub didn't work, that was disappointing. I would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Eileen
"Convenient and clean, would stay again short term"
As many other reviewers have stated, the rooms are small. I was expecting that, so not a problem for me. The bathroom was proportionately small. The shower door was narrow enough that I had to squeeze my plus size body through, scraping the door frame. Mildew in the grout of the tiles, too. Anyone with claustrophobia won't want to take the elevator! (I didn't know elevators were made so small). Convenient location to the TTC. Personnel were polite without being impressive. Got their job done, not more. The 'complimentary breakfast' was disappointing. They were out of coffee and milk, and who knows what else by the time we went for breakfast (within the two hour serving time).
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Lana
"Nightmare."
On checking in, I was told the elevator was out of service. I was given a 6th floor room. I told them I had health concerns and that I was scheduled for a hip replacement in 2 weeks. They told me the only other thing they had available was a very small room on the second floor with a double bed. Although this room was less expensive, if I were to take it, they would not provide a credit as I had prepaid for a Queen. I kept the 6th floor walk up. They offered no asistance with my luggage, even though I had informed them of my health issues. Even the "much larger" queen was quite small. I was expecting this from prior reviews. To top it all off, the air-conditioning was not working. I really needed it after walking 6 floors. The temperature was 75-78F for my whole stay.
2 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Satisfied guest"
Excellent hotel for the price. I've stayed here 2 years in a row and they are quite good. The room is comfortable and clean. The price is excellent.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"All you need and very reasonable"
I read a lot of poor reviews and was pleasantly surprised. These rooms are small, for sure, but well arranged - in fact better than a much more expensive hotel I stayed in later in the Financial District, which had no place to sit and write. Very clean; you might need the plug-in heater since it's an old building while you wait for the central heating. Coffee and fridge in room are a plus. Free wi fi and (simple) breakfast. Perfectly safe neighborhood. Very easy access by public transport to downtown and Cabbage Town. I'd stay here again, definitely.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Terrific Value"
Located just a couple of blocks from the Sherbourne subway station, the Isabella delivers plenty of bang for the budget traveler's buck. Though small, my room was clean and well-appointed, including a desk, small fridge, cable TV, free wi-fi, a sparkling bathroom and shower, and plenty of fluffy towels. Free continental breakfast is provided in the lobby, and the staff is friendly and welcoming.
Jerry
No complaints here. Great for my 3 night visit. Close enough to downtown, nightlife etc.
LC
"Very comfortable at a great price."
Great location, close to the subway and other shopping. Fantastic find.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Comfortable, budget-friendly hotel"
I've stayed in business hotels before when traveling to Toronto for work, but decided to stay in the Isabella Hotel for a recent personal visit. I found it to be a comfortable, friendly, clean place to stay. The front desk staff were super helpful, and it was convenient to have wifi in all rooms and continental breakfast each morning. The hotel is well-located for touring downtown Toronto.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
It was a great experience to stay at this hotel. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Good location and good price
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
anh
"Pretty good value hotel"
The hotel was pretty solid for the rates we paid, but offered minimal space and amenities. For not very much more at all ($30) , we spent the following few nights in a much more luxurious and larger hotel. The staff were genuinely nice people and that was a huge plus.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Rob
"the worst hot I ever been in my life. the shower"
Do not even think a bout it to come to this hotel.the room had a very Small window like a toilet windows ,the shower was so Small that you can not move or wash your self, less than 60 x 60 cm .the wifi Internet in this room .was not good ,as in the add the room was supposed to have wired Internet it dose not. The must have a fridge in my package did not have .the room was good for torturing yourself ,like a jail. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.
6 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
faramarz
"What's a room with no windows?"
The hotel room was comparable to a shoebox, to make it worse, the room had no window. Well, to be honest it did but it was the size of an actual shoe box and in order to see out of it you had to stand on your tippy toes, while standing on the bed. We reserved for 3 nights, but only stayed 1 with no refund since we booked on expedia. It felt like a prison cell!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
rana
"Small rooms, but good value."
Small and simple. Rooms are tiny but efficient. If all you plan to do is sleep and shower in a hotel then this place is pretty good especially given the cost. Parking is not ideal, especially in winter. But over-all it's great value for the money. Minimal breakfast is included. The best part for me was that it was quiet and thus it was possible to get a night's sleep.
5 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Greg
"Great place!"
It was a great clean and accessible place to stay. It was right next to the village and the price was very affordable. I'd stay there again for sure!
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Business Trip or lonely traveller"
The Hotel is good for business trip or someone traveling alone, the room is small but clean and comfortable. It's well-positioned with quick access to downtown with a subway station near it. The access of who come from International Airport is very easy too by subway.
7 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
Marcos
Wonderful place. Easy to get to, friendly staff and guests, and a good value.
"hot"
Heat was broken so room was really really hot. Room was incredibly tiny.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
brenda
"Good basement bar"
Rooms where not so clean Good price for the location
1 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2014
"Good location, neighbor quiet"
I would stay again!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Very poor"
The customer service is the worst hotel ever, words can't describe it
3 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
Charlie Eligwe
"Nuisance hotel"
Except for the courteous and helpful reception staff and a very good complimentary breakfast there is not much to say about the hotel,I have to say that if the Expedia agent Ms.Florence was honest to say much about the Bar &Restaurant facility attached,I would have gone to another hotel.Sorry to say that everyday night till 2 to 3AM it was a NUISANCE from the people visiting it Laughing ,shouting under the influence of Alcohol.I WOULD NOT REFER A FRIEND TO THIS
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
venkat
"The concierge was helpful in getting taxis!"
Loved the restaurant downstairs, good food, helpful reception, Toronto was a clean and safe city
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Noreen
"Convenient to metro, but very small"
The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable, but our room and bathroom were almost hilariously small. If all you're doing is sleeping there between outings, the hotel is a good deal and is only a couple minutes' walk from the Sherborne-Bloor metro stop.
3 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2014
If you want a clean place to sleep, this was great. It has a sports bar downstairs with very good service. Fantastic location n safe, also across the street a 24 hour mini mart. The girls in the lobby are so helpful n nice. Would stay again for sure.
3 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
patty
"Unique but comfy hotel"
If you choose this hotel, be sure to book your parking space before you get there. Otherwise, you will walk two blocks to the nearest parking garage and pay $21 for one night. There is no place to pull-up and unload except for the side street where traffic is busy. Other than the parking, everything about this hotel is pleasing. The room itself is tiny, but the AC works great (probably because of the size of the room) and the bed is comfy enough. Also, our room was incredibly silent despite being in the middle of Toronto. After several nights in noisy motels, my husband and I appreciated a night of restful sleep. The breakfast consists of cereal and muffins, so no hot breakfast here, although there is a restaurant on the bottom floor. Also, no microwave or fridge in our room.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Brit
Stayed here for a few days on vacation. Very nice hotel that's only a couple blocks away from the subway in a nice area. There is a continental breakfast that doesn't offer the widest selection, but it's enough to fill you up for a couple of hours. Overall a good stay!
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
"Extremely bad hotel"
Hotel rooms are very small. We weren't told bathroom was not working and when we used it, water overflowed. when we told at reception, they told us to clean our self, light in the room was not working as well. Avoid at all cost.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
HD
"Had to switch rooms"
The first room we were given was tiny and awkward. There was only room to get out of the bed on one side (the other was against a wall), there was one tiny window, no dresser. The TV was placed very low on the wall, and there was a standing fan in front of it, blocking the TV partially. (We didn't watch any TV, but this was still quite odd.) The bedside table was more like an end table--it had no base or drawer, just a small table with four legs. But the thing that made us switch rooms was the bathroom door. The room was so small that the hotel had removed the normal bathroom door and replaced it with a sliding, closet-style door. The door was hung wrong and couldn't be pulled over far enough to actually close. It appeared that even if the door could have been pulled over, there still would've been a gap between the outside wall and the inside of the door. The staff was very accommodating switching our room. Unfortunately, we were given the same corner room, but on a different floor. Due to some fluke, this new room at least had enough space to allow for a real bedside table and space on both sides of the bed. The bathroom door worked, in the sense that it pulled over far enough. But to really close (and lock) it, we had to first slide the bolt out, then shimmy the door around for the bolt to slide in. (If there'd simply been a handle on the interior of the door, that would solve the problem!) Location OK, continental breakfast OK, staff nice, but bad design.
Other trip May 27, 2014
GMS
"Smoke in room, got payment credited"
Woke up at night; smelled smoke (from cigarettes), hard to fall back asleep, opened windows etc. In the morning they took it very seriously, credited the payment for the hotel. Bad night of sleep, good service.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"Close to subway"
The hotel is close th subway and must-see sights. It is 15 minutes walk to main street and 5 minutes walk to subway. House keeper was very lazy and my room didn't clean daily. I had report to front desk every time.
5 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Lifang
"Staff rude and inadequate"
Staff gave us two occupied rooms before giving us a room with water marks on the ceiling.....we almost walked in on a man taking a shower.....we requested a late checkout...the staff started calling us telling us we had to leave because they had no notes regarding a late checkout....they must have called us 20 times in 40 min ......
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
sheehan and ant
"Nice area"
Good restaurants near by.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Mauricio
"Hotel in Toronto"
The hotel is not what the add says,..:(.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
dd
Pleasant, comfortable, affordable experience. Simple, but adequate continental breakfast. Have stayed here before and would stay here again.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Bill G.
"Hit the danforth"
My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night. We were only in town to see a concert at the Danforth Music Hall, and didn't expect or need much for accommodations. The Isabella was the cheapest around, but the pictures and reviews seemed to tell the story why. However, when we arrived, we were greeted by an incredibly friendly young lady who helped us park our car and gave us directions to the Danforth Center. The loby was whites and silver, and beautifully lit and decorated. The room was the same; it had obviously been renovated recently, with white walls and bedspread, a huge rose mural on the wall, a glass and stone shower, float screen tv, and coffee maker with coffee. This hotel surpassed our American expectations and proved to be a gem and very close to e Danforth Center. We highly recommend it for anyone traveling to go to concerts at the Danforth music Hall.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"Nice cozy hotel in Rosedale"
Hotel was very clean and modern amenities in an old building. It reminded me of nicer European hotels I’ve stayed in. The neighborhood is a mix of old and modern, and quite safe and clean. It also has a 24 hour desk which is nice when getting in late. My trip to the area was to go to a beer fest in Don Valley. I’ve stayed at other hotels in the area, but I think I will stick to this one in the future. It’s quite nice.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Ben
"Worth the.price."
Happy with everything. The hotel is, however, a good walk from must-see sights.
2 night trip Oct 8, 2013
"1 minute's walk from subway station"
Good mattress. Generally no service other than the change of towels upon request.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Poor service"
Hotel has no parking. Rooms are small. Hotel requires 100$ deposit in case of damage to room ! Attendant unable to make card machine work. Result = deposit taken out 4 times of my account. Would not listen until asked him to call his boss...turned out he typed uncorrectly. Unbelievable !
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"Cheap but OK."
Very cheap for Toronto and just a 5 minute walk to the subway. So-so neighborhood.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Doug
"It was fine."
It was fine. It would of been great if the breakfast food was a bit better.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Nice, cheap, convenient."
This is a nice place. The rooms are small, which doesn't matter if you're going out into the city. The neighborhood is decent, and is a short walk to the subway. My only complaint is that the $15 parking they offer is conditional. The night I checked in, they were full and said to ask again the next day. I opted to pay for a nearby lot instead.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"Toronto Trip"
The Isabella is a quaint and comfortable place to stay. It was really clean and the beds were so comfortable. I would definitely return.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"European style hotel in Toronto"
Not a fancy European hotel, the sort of neighborhood hotel made from an old building using the elements that are present. Clean, neat, variety of other travelers. Nic e staff. My room was a "suite" but had less square meters than a single room. Bathroom very clean and modern. The hotel was fine for me.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
John B
"Good staff and location."
Good hotel to stay is a small hotel good located, metro station near by, the staff was very heapful . The bearkfast is basic but good. The rooms are really small but they have everything you need.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Carolina
"not the best, not the worst"
I was visiting Toronto with a friend, called ahead and requested two beds, but when we made it up to the room, there was only one. were told that was only room available. 18 dollars a day to park in a nearby underground garage, which after a couple days in Toronto, is fair. they didn't have ice. I was told that they only have ice when the restaurant is open. terrible breakfast in the morning. good location, it was close to where we needed to be. nice bathroom, very nice shower. room was extremely small, but adequate. nice little outdoor restaurant. overall, it wasn't too bad. the price was good.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"A tiny room, with little to recommend it"
The staff was friendly and helpful, but the facilities and the room were unimpressive.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Ash
"Somewhat Budget Friendly, Decent Place"
The previous reviews were pretty accurate and indicative of what we experienced also. Surrounding neighborhood was pretty questionable but location was within walking distance of upscale shopping in Yorkville and lower scale shopping along Yonge St and going towards College St. We kept walking down Yonge and found Eaton Center shopping and Dundas Square with street performers all around...very nice! The hotel lobby was very nice, free breakfast was decent, but the parking was my problem. You have to have a $100 hold put on your charge card each time you use the parking "key". I've stayed in much nicer hotels and never paid for a key but i understand their dilemma with people losing them. Also, parking is $15/night. Get clean bed linens and change it yourself...ours had hair and crumbs in the bed when we got there, yuk! The room is tiny, but good enough to shower and sleep :-) staff was friendly and helpful too.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2013