All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here556 Sherbourne St, Toronto, ON, M4X1L3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Everything was OK.The hotel's room was peaceful. There was just a problem that the pillow slips were a bit dirty.But our stay was really good.I recommend it.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
"Worst Hotel Experience Ever"
Horrific is the only word that comes to mind. I stay regularly at Red Rood and so I'm not a hotel snob. However, I appreciate a mattress that is under 25 years old, an elevator that is free of crud and trash, an entry that has some semblance of a luggage or wheelchair ramp, rather than 2 board loosely laid on the steps, some legal way to check in and have a car...I had to park in a no parking zone and was offered no idea, as if this had never come up before. It was a perfect ending, the last night, as I was attempting to log on the internet (never happened during the last 18 hours I was there), a very distinguished couple came down the elevator, clearly upset and got no understand as they tried to cancel their stay. Not sure what happened, but I sure understood why they were at their wits end. Do not stay here.
2 night trip Nov 16, 2012
AHG
"Very good value and convenient to subway"
The Isabella was very good for my 2 night need. As a single, the small size of the room was not a problem (though my last time there was with a second person and the room was somewhat cramped). BUT, with one of the lowest room rates in or near downtown, I would certainly return to the Isabella. A simple cereal breakfast was adequate for me and included in the room rate.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2012
Bill G.
For the price, the room was adequate, though the HVAC system didn't seem to work very well. Staff was friendly. Cleaning of the room was not terribly thorough. A good 20 minute walk to Yonge Street and the University, however.
3 night business trip Oct 18, 2012
Christine
"Unclean rooms/sheets. You get what you pay for."
Sheets/pillow covers weren't cleaned or changed each night. Hotel is what you would expect for the price. If cleanliness and room size matter to you, look elsewhere.
Other trip Sep 12, 2012
"Nice budget hotel close to downtown"
This hotel is in a great location and doesn't charge you a bomb for it. The subway station is two blocks away, which makes it very convenient to get to & from the airport and also visit other places in Toronto accessible by subway. This hotel is about a kilometer from Yonge st., which seems to be the heart of downtown Toronto. Plenty of places to eat and see once you hit Yonge. The room was clean, housekeeping was prompt and service courteous. However, starting from the elevator, everything is small. If you are generously built, you will have a hard time getting into the elevator, let alone use the bathroom. The place can be a tight fit. I was here on a business trip and wanted an affordable place close to downtown and this one fit my bill since I used it only to get some sleep & get a shower in the morning. If you can deal with a slightly cramped bathroom and are looking for a place to sleep and shower, this affordable place is a great deal.
4 night business trip Aug 19, 2012
Indra P
"Just an average hotel"
A decent pick if ur looking for something cheap. No wifi in the rooms was a negative for me. The hotel bar and restaurant were pretty decent though. The best thing about this hotel is the location, just a few minutes to a wide selection of pubs and clubs.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
Kenny
"BAD"
Very bad experience the room was never clean the air conditioning does not work, some of the ligthning either
Other trip Jul 11, 2012
"Avoid no matter how cheap!!!"
The room was the size of a large walk in closet. The tiny mini fridge leaked and there was a giant water stain on the carpet. The hotel doesn't offer fitted sheets so you are sleeping directly on the 24 year old mattress that the springs are popping on by the middle of the night. The full bed itself was so short that anyone over 5'7 would have to sleep with their feet hanging over the bottom of the bed. The bathroom door doesn't open completely.... maybe 3/4ths as there is a permanent door stop in the middle of the floor. This is clearly a hazard when you are getting out of the tiny shower or sitting at the toilet. The elevator is hardly big enough to fit two people...getting your luggage up is a challenge. The tv in the room was very small and from the 90s. The picture was awful and the cable connect kept failing. The indoor hallways are not air conditioned so the long wait for the elevator is quite humid. The restaurant; Gabby's that is located below the hotel, has AWFUL service and terrible food.
Other trip Jul 3, 2012
Adam
The hotel is near from Toronto downtown, and not so far from a subway station. The room was clean.
Other trip Jun 4, 2012
I needed a place to lay my head and rest. I wasn't in the room very long, it served its purpose. The bathroom is too small, I hit my arms, coming out of the shower and had to dry in the main room. The open closet had me concerned, so I left most of my stuff in my luggage. Housekeeping did not clean the room too well, because somebody's used tissues were still behind the night table (I had to plug in the lamp and discovered them). Otherwise, the staff was very friendly and helpful. THe hotel is closely located to the subway system and it gives you a true feel for the real Toronto. I was never concerned about my safety. I would stay again.
3 night trip May 25, 2012

"Room too hot"
The hotel was convenient for our visit but the room was far too hot. We could not adjust the AC and ended up sleeping fitfully.
1 night trip May 7, 2015
"Not bad but...."
The only complaint we have is that there was no air conditioning and our room was too hot (it was only 18 degrees outside). They put a fan in the room but it didn't help. The iron in our room was broken. Also, there is only 5 parking spots and it's across the street. If you don't book a spot, you're out of luck. Besides that we had a good time and the prices are pretty reasonable for what you get.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Motel in a Hotel"
If you are looking for an economical place to lay your head down for the evening and nothing more, this may suit your needs just fine. It is literally an older motel in the shell and under the premise of a hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Pleasant hotel, clean and nicely appointed. Our room had 2 windows which both faced other buildings so there was no view and we kept the drapes closed for privacy. Gabby's bar in the lower level had a nice atmosphere.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Randy
"A bit disappointed"
This was our second time staying at this hotel. We enjoyed the reasonably priced room we got last time, so we came back for the same kind of deal. Well, this time there was no promised mini-fridge and the coffee maker was broken, and these were two comforts which we were relying on. Of course, we ended up using the coffee maker downstairs but going up to the 7th floor with two full steaming mugs in your hands is quite inconvenient. Otherwise everything else was fine. The hotel should make sure all the rooms that they're offering have the things they promised the rooms will have. Should that happen, I wouldn't mind staying here again.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Very pleased and affordable"
I was fortunate to receive one of the larger rooms with queen bed. My carpet had not been vacuumed prior to me arriving or any time during my four night stay. There was salt pebbles all over the carpet. Everything else in my room was cleaned daily with fresh towels. Very affordable.
3 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Jackie
"Very Good Night"
I loved the hotel, the place is amazing honestly the only problems I had was the heating system seemed to be down so we were rather cold, the jets in the tub didn't work and there were a couple stains here and there. other than that the hotel was spectacular. Beautiful building with friendly staff. I would reccomend staying here to anyone.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
"It is adequte and pleasant for short visits."
The room is clean and cozy, The desk was very and helpful and curteous. Breakfast was simple adequate and the atmosphere was very nice. The hotel is located very close to Subway and bus is tops rigbt across the street. It is very close to drug stores and other small shops,
12 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
ezzat
"Clean but way too tiny!"
Room was way too small for a couple! Good for solo travel but not with family or friends! Front desk help was not very good either! The room was very clean & the hotel was in an excellent location.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
"Two night stay"
Room was clean, staff was helpful and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Good hotel"
A good hotel. Worth the money for sure! Close by train station. Clean. Nice staff. Breakfast not that super, but ok.
4 night trip Jan 14, 2015
Rakul
"amazing hotel"
It was an awesome service, I had a problem with the shower, and after 10 minutes i got transfer to another luxurious room just to use the washroom. Thank you for the consideration. Amazing room and service
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
"Dirtiest hotel"
The dirtiest hotel we have been too. The sheets were dirty, the room was dirty, even the fridge was dirty. somebody left a pizza in the fridge and they never cleaned it. There was no towel in the room, we had to call to get towel. the washroom was freaking tiny. wouldn't visit hotel again even if they lower the price to 50$.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
rahmat
"Clean, comfy and affordable"
Very nice little hotel! We got the deluxe Queen suite for just 1 night since we had a party to go to and didn't want to trek all the way back to the suburbs. The room was a decent size, had a tv, coffee maker, wifi, small closet but everything was neat and clean. The bathroom was small (only one person could use it at a time), but clean. Its a short walk to the subway, and there is a Shoppers and Eggsmart right outside, which is pretty convenient.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Annie
"Our not so perfect stay at the Isabella Hotel"
We enjoyed our stay overall. The staff were somewhat helpful and the room was very small. Our shower had a very large crack in it that leaked and there was no parking available to us so we have to pay $40 to park down the street just overnight. The location was accessible and the breakfast.... dont even bother it was pathetic. Bring snacks and plan to eat your morning meal else where! They provide OJ and Cereal...
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
Ashley
"A Pleasant Experience"
Nice lobby and room. Liked the old black iron railings on stairwells. Good continental breakfast. Would have liked more help in where to park.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Ritu
"No Parking"
Reserved Parking, but none available when I arrived. No bath towels in the room? OK for an overnight crash. Just not quite up to par
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
Craig
"No service No staff"
I arrived on Thursday, Dec, 11 2014 at 07.00 in the evening I found a man on the reception, he was very tough and asked me to pay $ 100 deposit in advance. When I asked him why this is not mentioned in Expedia offer and you have my Credit card No in case,,,? He said in case you did something stupid to the room or run away,, (This or I cant give you the room go) How can you tell go to,, and stupid to a costumer who put reservation and coming long distance At 10 pm I called the reception asking for water bottle ,, the man said no room service and sent me to the bar in the basement to get what I need myself So, I can say thy have no staff no service and they treat you as thief because you choosed a cheap hotel
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
S.Laban
"Get what you pay for!"
Noisy sounded like living in a wave pool, could not sleep, not enough electrical plugins, horrible elevator. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. It is to bad about the noise otherwise it would be a great place.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Nice hotel close to mean."
Nice hotel close to mean streets an a couple steps to the subway also very clean and nice staff.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Good stay"
I was looking for a hotel not too far from downtown that would be priced better than the downtown rates. This hotel was cheap, very nice and helpful staff plus it included free breakfast. the room was small and could have been cleaner, otherwise it was a great stay.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Dennis
"Good value for the location"
My wife and I stayed during a visit to see our son at the U of T. Chose this hotel because it's not too far, and only a couple of blocks from the subway. Location is good, the neighborhood is largely residential but only a short walk to Yonge and not too far north of Eaton's Centre, etc. At the east end of Yorkville so just go down Bloor to the high rent shops. Room was quite small, but clean and well kept; had a fridge. There is a basic continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The restaurant/bar in the hotel is sort of a neighborhood bar kind of place, and we liked it. It's kind of hard to find hotels in this area of Toronto that are reasonable and decent. There was nothing wrong with the room at all; if it were larger I would have given it a 4.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Affordable, decent location."
Took my gf there for a long weekend. It's small and cute. She loved it as a romantic get away. The restaurant down stairs was very good (both food and price) with good servers. The major sites (CN Tower, Rogers Center, Casa Loma) are about 45 minutes walking, so bring comfy shoes.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Jeramey
"Hotel near Sherbourne and Bloor in Toronto"
Since I was a single traveller, I was placed in a room in the tower portion of the hotel (a 1910 addition to an older house) rather than in a big room or suite in the original house portion. The shower was roomy with easily adjustable heat in the water (which one doesn't always find in a hotel). All the rooms are apparently decorated differently; mine had a gorgeous autumn scene on one wall. My room also had (not all rooms do) a refrigerator. Available at breakfast was juice, cereal, muffins, toast. The bed was big and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Handy for business in downtown Toronto"
Room was small but reasonably priced and very adequate for my needs. The attached restaurant (pub-style) was very good and saved me going out in the pouring rain. Overall it was fine and I would stay there again, both for a business trip or personal stay in Toronto. The standard room, which I had, was not equipped for working, so another time I would probably take the larger room with a small desk.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Bonnie
"Isabella survey"
It was pleasant to stay here. It was near the Church and the downtown area.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Norma
"Better than expected"
I have nothing bad to say about this cute little hotel except for the fact that the front desk staff charged my credit card for $100 on my check in as a kind of security deposit for any incidental damages. Sherbourne subway station is hardly 100 meters away across the street and a shoppers drug shop is right across the street where I could buy quick snacks, drinks (soft), and protein shakes. So, neighborhood was quite nice and I loved my walks to downtown (Yonge-Dundas)which is hardly 15-20 mins.What else?... convenient connection to airport by subway to Kipling and then transfer to 192 airport rocket bus. Overall a nice, safe, and comfortable stay... would stay here again.
5 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Asim
"Will not stay here again"
2 days in a row the room was not cleaned. Bathroom light blew out. Never got changed for 4 days. Free breakfast but only at 8 am.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Praba
"Disappointing"
The room did not match with the pictures on the web site. I was quite disappointed. But i suppose the rating of 2 stars doesn't lie.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Overnight stay"
It was pleasant.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Ben
"Older, Nicely renovated hotel"
The rooms are big and clean. However half of the room face an outside bar which has loud music and patrons until well passed 1:00am. Please note I stayed on a Wednesday and Thursday night. Loud both nights. Free breakfast is meager.
2 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Good location, tiny room"
The room was decent. Nice and clean and has everything you need. However, the room is so small! There was nowhere to put our luggage, and no space to spread out and enjoy ourselves. Other than that, we had no problems. The staff was nice, the hotel is clean, and the location is great. The breakfast offered at the hotel was not very good either, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap, clean place to stay in Toronto.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Close to metro and good shopping precinct"
Hotel is good on many levels for the price: Basic breakfast provided. Close to Metro. Quiet in rooms. Good quality chain restaurant and bar in basement. Good lounges in foyer. Front of house Staff efficient and helpful. Courtyard area is pleasant to sit in and read or have a drink from bar. Wi fi was good and consistent. Downside was house keeping for the room I occupied 402: On no two days out of four did I receive the same bathroom towels. Bed was not made one day. No coffee supplied on two of the days. When I spoke to reception they apologised and gave me some. Rubbish bin was not emptied at all over the four days. Coffee mugs and water glasses never cleaned or replaced. Coffee machine never emptied. House keeping in the second room I booked was better 202. However not consistent. When an ironing board and iron were asked for they staff were very efficient in delivering it.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Cute Hotel close to Downtown"
Had some difficulty checking in, but the guy at the front desk was very patient and helpful and let us hang in the lobby, use their WiFi, and drink their water until we sorted everything. He was also very helpful to other guests, trying to accommodate them and print directions for them in their native language. I found the hotel very nice. It was cute and little. It was very small and homey feeling. A lot of the other guests were very friendly and talkative. The people talking below our window wasn't too bad, but I could see it being a problem if there were a lot of people. It was very close to downtown and the staff provided us a map and very simple directions to get to where we were headed. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and I would most definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Could of been better"
We had some problem checking in !! But in the end one great front desk clerk made it easy to go true thanks to him!!! Besides that the hotel was great !!! Just the cleaning of the shower was not good!!! Costumer service was great!!!
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Pat unsatisfied
"Cheap & central location."
Was ok for a week, but I expected something better. In Montreal I could book a Suite with kitchen included for the same amount.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Nice little downtown hotel"
I had a 2 night stay. The room was small, but very cute and clean. I did have the chance to see another larger room with a pull out that was also very nice. Everything I needed for my 2 night stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Always happy to answer questions, even drawing me a map for the subway. Their continental breakfast was nice and the coffee was great.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Isabella"
On a short solo stay in Toronto all I needed was a clean room and a comfortable bed. Considering its location of convenience to transit links to the whole city and airport The Isabella more than adequately met my needs at a fair price, The room (304) was a little tight for space but there was only me The staff were obliging and the room was clean , the bed comfortable, the tv and a/c worked, breakfast was simple but generous and not overly sugary. All in all location and cost considered it was a pleasant surprise.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Dirty room,very poor service."
The hotel should have ' 0' '
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014