All hotels in Bellingham, Washington, United States of America
805 Lakeway Drive, Bellingham, WA, 98229, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Delicious food
    Comfortable
"Location and price worthy"
Great location and very price worthy
3 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"This hotel manager is unprofessional and rude"
The manager checked us in. She said she needed to scan my drivers license I said no. Her response was "then you don't need to stay here." I explained that I have already had my id stolen I would prefer not to have that done. Her response was then don't stay here. This is the first time ANY of tgis chain has told me they were going to do this. I ended up staying there because it was prepaid for and I had no choice. Then when I asked for the area managers name I was told I could just talk to the manager. I have never been treated so poorly. If there is any way possible I will NEVER stay at this hotel unless she is gone.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Awesome Mattresses!"
There were 4 of us sleeping on two Queen beds for the week. The Mattresses were the nicest We've ever slept on in a Motel, could not feel the other person move. We all got a Great! nights sleep.We stayed in Room 109 I would have given an Excellent for Room comfort but, we had to keep asking for enough washcloths/towels so all four of us would have one of our own, apparently they only want to give two per room even if there are four guests. The Staff was Very Nice but, the Breakfast was not as good as the last time we stayed there. They didn't have much and didn't keep it stocked, also the coffee was not Hot. My Granddaughter Loved! the waffles though. We will probably come back here for the Awesome! Beds. Just make sure to ask for extra washcloths and towels if you have more than two in a room.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Tammy
The room was fine but I didn't receive housekeeping service the first day I stayed.
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
I was here for my daughters wedding. Stayed 4 nights. Very clean, nice place to stay and conveinately next to freeway. Weird characters around parking lot eating food out of dumpters. But perfect for what I needed.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Teresa
"Correct"
Not many people in the hotel so can't comment on the performance under pressure.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Convienent location, excellent staff."
Arrived late in the evening for check-in, desk clerk was very friendly and had is to our room in minutes. Room was small but well equipped and appeared some recent updates had been done. Gal in breakfast room was helpful and at checkout desk clerk friendly and efficient.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
kirsten
A nice clean place to stay. Friendly staff. Comfortablele bed.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Lester
"Poor wifi"
I was quite pleased with the room & location of the hotel. However, I had some work to do on Sunday morning & the wifi wasn't working outside of the lobby for about 90 minutes. In the lobby it was a bit challenging to make things work properly. It was frustrating that 30 minutes of work took me two hours.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Great place to stay for <$100!"
Great value at this price point!
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
I've stayed at the GuestHouse Inn twice now and for the low cost, have been very happy with the hotel, staff, location and comfort.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Traci
"Nice hotel, terrible mattress."
Our room was very nice with the exception of the bed. The mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. My husband and I both had terrible backaches. I would stay here again because it is close to campus and clean, but hopefully in a different room with a better bed.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Shauna
"GuestHouse Inn Bellingham"
Staff was friendly. We would stay again. King rooms a bit crowded. Limited power outlets, we travel with a power strip as older hotels didn't plan on computers, tabs and cell phones. Desk and table with chairs great.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Ruth
"A very pleasant surpise!"
I booked this hotel at 6pm, a last minute decision to stay overnight in Bellingham. I read a couple of positive reviews and decided to book it. Everything was as it should be with a hotel. The best part was the price! Excellent value for the price. The hotel staff was great and very knowledgable about the area, pointing us in the right direction for a restaurant. All things considered, this hotel is a great find if you have to stay overnight in Bellingham.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
margaret
"Parent's weekend"
How great it was to grab our daughter out of the dorm and spend a weekend with her. This is our 2nd visit to the GuestHouse and we've always been happy with our stay. Just hope someday they get the design upgrades they deserve, but this hasn't deterred us yet
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Holly
"Good overnight stay after a theater event."
Very pleasant and clean. Convenient to restaurants and the theater.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Did the trick."
Asked for a quiet room and got a fantastic, top-floor suite. Convenient walk to nearby Woods coffeeshop and Fred Meyer. Right by I-5. Short drive to downtown. Friendly staff. Well-lit parking lot.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Jeremy
"Ok for the price, wouldn't pay more."
The property was ok for a standard motel environment and overnight bed and shower. The room seemed very dated. Spacious lobby with comfortable "living room" feel. Breakfast set-up offered variety of self-serve options in small "Breakfast Room". Courteous staff, cheerfully helpful with directions. Would I stay there again? If by myself on business, maybe - with family, would look for property with family-friendly amenities and onsite restaurant or coffee shop.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Wonderful Breakfast and room conveniency!"
I went ther for a get a way with me and the woman in my life. I bed was wonderful and the Frige, Micro, TV and dresses were great. The Continental Breakfast was AWSOME with the Waffles, Eggs, Bacon, 4 kinds of Cereal and Juice, Coffee and Coco, Bengals, Muffins and More........No need for a Deney's. The only thing was the size of the Bathroom, but that was ok for an average size person and I spent little time in that room any way.
2 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Cameron
Clean facility, easily located to freeway, food, and a Fred Meyer store.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Easy on and off the freeway, good location"
The only reason that I gave this low scores is that it needs a good CLEANING! There seems to be enough staff but they are not trained or supervised to correct motel cleaning. It was not up to even OK, I really think that the staff was polite and friendly or I would have given them much lower score. I did not eat out of the breakfast room, due to hygiene. There is also deferred maintenance in the building. Paint needs touching up. The lighting is dim so you can see the dingy carpet. 2nd floor ice machine did not work. Small rooms. Thin linen. If you want a room to sleep in and leave and a lower price, this will work. If you want to sit in a hot tub, or eat the breakfast, I'd pass. I don't think I would stay again, unless I hear that they did a deep cleaning.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Shelley
"good hotel"
One night. Fire alarm went off for awhile but it was handled relatively quickly. I was told that hotel would cover cab from airport (arrived 10:15 pm) but I was charged $19.60 upon arrival.
1 night trip with friends Apr 22, 2015
Loretta
"Quick and convienent"
All in all, not a bad stay. Being right next to the free way though made it a bit noisy. Close to downtown and really anywhere you need to be!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
Every room I stayed in was clean and neat and the staff was more than helpful. Will be using exclusively from here on out.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"Right Next to freeway"
Very pleasant check in and rooms were clean. Nice Breakfast buffet. We were next to a entrance door and could here everyone coming and going.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Paula
"Convenient to Freeway and grocery store."
The room was in great condition when we checked in. After that they had 2 new cleaners who did not know their job yet! The room was not cleaned, trash not emptied, bed not made, carpet not vacuumed. We complained and they took care of it. Breakfast was fine. Many items to choose from. Furnace had no thermostat. It was either too hot or too cold.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Clean, cheap, convenient, very nice people"
Stayed here with my daughter while touring WWU. Easy to find, right off the highway. Not much in the neighborhood but just a few minutes from the university and downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. The bathroom was on the small side, but it was clean, cheap and convenient. Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Bernard
"Good hotel"
Good hotel for the price. Nothing fancy but clean with friendly staff. Close to downtown
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Jen
Very clean, friendly staff. Convienently located off the freeway. Late check out time noon. Breakfast served until 10:00. Made for a relaxing time.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Quiet clean and cheap"
This was a comfortable home base for our adventure. The staff was super nice. Ask for a room on the quiet side opposite the freeway.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Ryan
"Equestrian Vaulting Competition"
I was in the area for an Equestrian Vaulting - Gymnastics on Horseback Competition. I had read the reviews of the GH Inn, and immediately chose it, because it was 100% SMOKE FREE! The Inn is easily accessable to stores, restaurants, and the freeway. The room was well kept, and the bed was comfortable.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Debi
"Pleasant surprise"
A comfortable hotel for a reasonable price. We chose a standard queen room. The bed was very comfortable and the continental breakfast was ample.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Comfortable and close to downtown."
The hotel comfortable and close to downtown and WWU where gone up to visit my daughter for the weekend.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Very good value for a standard motel"
Generally pleasant, with a clean room, large TV and convenient parking. It's on the thrifty side, but that's what I selected and I think it was a very good value.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Chuck
"Would stay again"
My room was very clean, really comfortable, and had excellent hook ups for my laptop. The staff was friendly and very helpful, I enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Peggy
"Not bad."
Pros: Excellent continental breakfast (best I've ever had) Super comfortable bed Nice staff Cons: Old carpet. Definitely need to upgrade.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"family getaway"
We went to Bellingham for a family getaway and are both WWU alumni and have stayed in a number of hotels in the area. This room was affordable for our family of 4 and the free continental breakfast was adequate for myself and the kids. There was not a lot of extra space in the room, but we didn't spend a lot of time in there. The room was clean, the hotel was quiet, and although you can hear freeway noise, it's not overwhelming if you are used to normal traffic noise. There is a local coffee shop right next door that serves great espresso and snacks if the continental breakfast is not your style. The room also had a fridge and micro, which is always a plus when traveling with kids. This hotel is higher quality than hotels with comparable rates on Samish Way.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Katie
Front desk very helpful. room quieter than expected - and windows opened..
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
LB
"Nice experience."
The bed was quite comfortable and the room quiet. Will be booking again next year.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Only for a night"
We drive 4 1/2 hrs to get there and at 4:45pm we are told our room isn't ready. We go kill some time when all we wanted to do was go relax before the hockey game we had driven there to see. Come back an hour later to hear "it was ready i forgot to call". Get to the room and my cousin plops on the bed and dust comes flying up. Probably wouldn't stay again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Hollie
"Hooker problems"
I was attempting to check in at 11:00 p.m. and there was a man trying to charge his room to a "woman" who was still in the room and take it off of his credit card. The woman came down eventually (in her nightware) claiming that the man was supposed to pay for the room as it was "part of the deal". The man insisted she pay the bill for the room with the $200 he gave her. Nice
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great place to overnight"
Easy to find off the freeway. Easy in and easy out. Good parking. Close to food services and gas. Really nice breakfast for both facility and quality. Our rooms were a little on the smallish side but ample, pleasant and clean. We were not looking to spend a lot of time at the inn. Staff were nice and helpful. We'd gladly stay there again.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Convenient"
Room was clean. Water in shower hot. Bed was comfortable. Great WiFi connection. Good selection of breakfast items. Teen daughter loved the strawberries for fresh made waffle. Front desk, Alicia, was personable and answered all questions with a smile. Will stay here again.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Gail
"Great location, the rooms are just so small!"
Always stay at the GuestHouse Inn when we stay in Bellingham. Walking distance to downtown for a night of revelry and a walk down memory lane if you're a Western alum. Poppe's is also across the street, so you can stay at a cheaper hotel than and still have a drink there. Great new owners too, pet friendly now.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"nice and clean and close to freeway"
nice rooms... conveniently close to the freeway (with pros and cons)
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Martin
"If you want to get charged twice"
The room was already paid for and they charged my card again, when I called and inquired about it I was told whoops our bad, maybe the charge will get reversed in a day or two. No apology or hey sorry for being incompetent, let us try and make up for the inconvenience. The shower/tub was clogged so I was standing in a foot of water within a couple of minutes. Not impressed.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Guenther
"Close to everything"
The motel was easy to access and lots of parking. Worked well for my overnight stay.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Cookie
"WWU vacation"
always like to stay there when in Bellingham
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great breakfast but fleas in the room!"
Although the bed was comfortable and the breakfast had good food and was well organized, I left this hotel with about 15 flea bites that itched for about a month. I mentioned the flea bites upon checkout, but the clerk at the desk said it was because this was one of the rooms for pets. He did not seem concerned that I had so many bites. This lack of concern for the customer was unexpected and disappointing. I won't go there again.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Hey isn't that I-5 right next to your front door?"
Quick weekend in Bellingham checking out the surrounding area and Western University. Didn't need much but a hotel close to everything and we got it, the problem was it was also right on the main freeway. I-5 going north and south, not a problem until it's time to sleep. All night long cars and truck noise, I asked for a room that wasn't noisy and the front desk said "we have had people stay with us for 30 years and no complaints". They turned off their hearing aides! Breakfast, not edible won't be back.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015