All hotels in Koh Samui, Thailand
155/4 Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84320, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Terrible -"
Hotel is in a Good Location, unfortunately everything else is terrible, Rooms are not clean, Old, staff are Rude especially "Mira" which forgot she is in the hospitality business and her attitude is the worst i have seen.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
AEKA
Close to beach. Easy access to restaurants and shops. Great spa.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
S
"Nice beach hotel"
This was a lovely hotel. Great pools, nice room, nice staff, and right on the beach.
5 night trip Nov 24, 2014
"Beautiful hotel on the beach!"
The welcome was great: ice cold drink and cold jasmine infused towel- great way to be welcomed to this resort. The rooms are more like small cabins- very homey and cozy and the beds are huge and comfortable. The best thing about this resort is the location: located on the beach- beautiful white sands and warm blue water. Breakfast is outstanding: huge variety and all fresh items: mangosteen, dragonfruit, fresh croissants, fresh juices, omelettes, breads, baked goods, you name it and they will have it. Definitely try the breakfast when you get the chance- it is worth your buck Staff: super friendly and always helpful Pools: very nice and look out on the beach
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
AC
"Close to the beach and shopping mall"
It was amazing hotel. Room was amazing but shower room wasn't convenience. Shower room look like high school designer.
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Jeerarat Inthat
Staff was not overly helpful. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Slow hotels service in general
3 night trip May 26, 2014
blring
"Way to scam your guests!"
I came to Samui for my honeymoon and figured that at $500 per night I would be getting a quality experience. WRONG! Instead, the hotel and its illustrious staff decided to scam me the second i walked through the front gate to check in. Upon check in I was presented with a bill for the full price of the stay. When I examined it, it was $480 dollars higher. Putting aside the fact that I was asked to prepay my stay, I could not comprehend the extra charges. Ahhh, that they said: That's for your New Year's Dinner at $240 a person. I proceeded to tell them that I already had New Year's plans and did not wish to participate in their festivities. They responded that this this dinner was COMPULSORY and that I would not be able to check in without buying it. Never in my life have I been forced by a hotel to buy dinner, much less such an absurdly expensive one - you can get a decent meal in Thailand for 50 bucks. After being relieved of these funds, i was shown to my room which had a mattress hard as a rock, providing me with the privilege of twisting and turning all night, wondering how this hotel is allowed to simply scam its guests. Thanks Chaweng Regent!!
5 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Great Holidays"
Very comfortable hotel. Personnel is very courteous and willing to assist to accommodate peoples requirements. Great events particularly the romantic dinner at the sea, you get your price worth.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Terrible resort, but great location to downtown"
I booked this as part of Expedia's package deal. Although I flew as a single passenger, I booked the hotel as two staying. I was charged for two instead of one. The hotel was considered on the older side. The "deluxe" room I got was decent. However, when we attempt to take a romantic bath, the bathtub was disgusting! There were black tar like substance in it. The shower head in the bathtub was broken and so was the shower. The water pressure was very low. (Means they did not clean the head in a long time, mineral got into it) The hotel charges for everything. There were no free-wifi although it was part of the original expedia package. When I needed to make an emergency international phone call, the hotel had to open my phone line in the room. Told me It will take 5 mins, but ended up working 7 hours later. When it finally worked, I was charged 100 baht/min. Because I missed the first night of staying due to airline issues, the hotel manager approved that I could have late stay on the last night since I didn't stay for the first night. I was suppose to be able to stay until at least 7-8pm. Instead, when I came back on my last day at 3pm, the front desk pointed at me, using her fingers to pointing at me to come to her. This was VERY disrespectful. When I explain the situation, she started to raise her voice, and was extremely rude. This is not a good way to want a customer to ever return againWhen I got to my room, I found my the door open, with noone nearby!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Takara
"Good Choice"
Spent a pleasant long weekend at this property and the overall experience was good. Great breakfast and lovely setting.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
AP
"Good, but could use improvement"
Overall not a bad place. It seems like they were having problems with their reservation system that weekend and there was a problem booking me in my original room so I spent the first night in an alternate room before moving to the correct room. The staff provided me with a coupon for a free meal at one of the restaurants as compensation. I found the staff very attentive and made moving between my rooms very painless. The resort overall is dated. The bathrooms in both rooms I stayed do need a renovation but were otherwise functional. Despite the dated appearance and older finishings my rooms were very clean and otherwise well kept. The main restaurant is so-so. Breakfast buffet is included with most rooms so not much to complain about there. The prices are a bit high so depending on what you are looking for it maybe better to go out. The biggest strength of this place is the location. It's right on a decent stretch of beach as well as loads of bars, restaurants, shops and other nightlife. The resort has it's own car/bike rental kiosk which I highly recommend using because if you are staying at the resort you don't have to hand over your passport. Getting a motorbike/scooter is the way to go on Samui. Value is good, but if they would renovate the rooms and improve the food quality in the restaurant they would have a facility that rivals any of the big name brand resorts.
3 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2013
Martin D
"Central hotel to Chaweng beach area"
The hotel is centrally located in the Chaweng area with convenient walking access to small shops, restaurants, and, if you have a hankering for fast food, you'll find a few of those places as well. Scooter / moped rental from this location is convenient and you'll have easy access to popular local restaurants and other beaches on the island. Found the room itself to be conveniently located close to the beach, but didn't care for the proximity to the hotel's pool (directly next to it). The room was in pretty good shape: firm bed, good size bathroom, decent a/c, and a big fan to beat the heat. Didn't care much for the sounds of nearby partying at 4am, but as a light sleeper, a pair of earplugs remedied this nuisance. The hotel breakfast was great, with a good variety of options, including fresh breads, croissants, fresh fruits, and made to order omelettes / eggs. I would recommend this hotel to friends if they want a centrally located hotel in Samui.
6 night romance trip Aug 1, 2013
"Beautiful Resort nestled in busy city center"
Although this resort was right in the middle of the busiest section of Ko Samui, it was very peaceful and included everything one would need should they decide to not leave the premises. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, the grounds beautifully manicured, the restaurants delicious and the beach bar quite fun. There are two pools, complimentary chairs and umbrellas on the beach, and also a spa and gym. I did see a few children although mostly couples. I was there by myself and felt very comfortable as it was easy to meet people.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
"Great place"
We were very pleased with the Chaweng. It is a beautiful property. The staff were polite and helpful. Great breakfast. Fun beach. 2 beautiful pools. Our room was a bit of let down from the pictures on line. We were given rooms toward the front of the hotel near the lobby. They were in the only building that didn't have a nice view of something (garden, pool, or beach). The room didn't look nearly as beautiful as the pictures. That said it was very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.
5 night trip Jan 30, 2013
"Good but..."
The hotel in general is really nice. The main problem is that I didn't get the room type I booked! I booked a more expensive one according to the room description (room location and room size) and price and found myself in a different room, smaller, with no bath, and with no view (which were all in the room I booked) which I could book in lower price. after I complained they told me they are "fully booked"...and when I asked for an email to send complain to, they gave me malfunction email address...(I asked the person from the hotel to print the email address so it is not that I was mistyping it...)
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2013
The staff is greate Very clean
Other trip Aug 16, 2012

"Tranquil"
If you've been toThailand before, you will know that 3 start hotels there can be as good as / better than UK 4 star hotels. So is the case with The Chaweng Regent. The cleaners had the knack of cleaning the rooms whenever you were out, usually whilst you had breakfast, but at any time of day! Made me feel that they were hiding round a corner waiting for you to go. Rooms were spotless, no bugs, and the garden staff were also constantly clearing the 'jungle' around the rooms. I'd certainly stay there again. The only downside to this area is the beach, where there are urchins further out in the shallow lagoon (there's a visible reef running in an arc for a km around here, which is very shallow). The upside is that the jet skis cannot operate outside the hotel :-) If you're after a bit more of a lively beach, you can walk 400 m south and you'll be in among the jet skis, the 'Ark' resort (lots go house music all day / night on the beach). If it's a relaxing time you need, the Regent fits the bill.
15 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"recomended"
great hotel. 2. Big pools, one mostly for adults.on the beach. Very close to the center, yet very peace and quiet. big resort, beutifull gardens, feels isolated from the busy crouded main road. However,for such an expensive resort, seems unreasanble to pay an extra 50 bath for dvd rent.
3 night romance trip May 27, 2015
moran
IL
"Lovely stay"
Very enjoyable stay in good value hotel. Lovely grounds. Only downside was our room we had booked wasn't available on check in so were given an upgrade room for the first night but then had to move again the next day. This is a busy part of Chaweng but the hotel and beach offer a peaceful haven to retreat to.
5 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Perfect location"
Went to Koh Samui for my daughters wedding. Most of the guests from Australia and London stayed with us at the Chewang Regent. Everyone enjoyed their stay especially in the Pool everyday. The pool bar was a hit. They served great food and drinks, reasonably priced. Would definitely stay there again.
4 night family trip May 3, 2015
Valerie
Great hotel. It's location is great. A short 2 minute walk to the main bars and restaurants. The grounds of the hotel are lovely. Very tranquil. Two great pools. One with a nice swim up bar and the other with the bar on the beach. Great service at the pools. Each table has a menu stand with a call button, as soon as you hit the button you will have service in under 30 seconds. Room was perfect. Very nicely decorated. Good shower. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
4 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"Lovely Hotel on beachfront, close to main areas"
Very lovely hotel with great facilities, sumptuous buffet breakfast overlooking the ocean can't be beaten. Fabulous facilities, terrific staff and within easy walk of numerous local attractions.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Solo Traveller
"Great hotel in great location."
Amazing experience in great location for good food. Awesome pool and spa Within the building. Also shout out to staff who upgraded our room as our Initial room was next to a noisy family and construction work.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Absolutely sensational!!"
We came here for my 40th Birthday. The facilities, location and staff were absolutely amazing! Everyone went above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect with major attention to detail. My Day Spa treatment was also perfect. They even left a beautiful happy birthday message etc made out of flowers on my bed and a lovely birthday cake! We're already missing Chaweng and looking to come back next year! Highly reccomended by all of us :-)
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Tash
"2 nights at the Chaweng Regent"
Beautiful, tranquil, well manicured grounds and smart, well appointed rooms. Helpful staff and very good service. Beach bar and restaurant are lovely. Great beach and shallow seas so good for splashing about but not good for serious swimming or snorkelling.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Leo
Unfortunately had a bad start to 2 week stay. Room not ready until 6 pm. Had chosen and paid for a higher quality room (premier room $AU300 per night) and were shown a room with a view of a construction site! Noisy machinery and construction sounds went along with the view. Had to request a room change which did not occur until the following afternoon. It is not the hotels fault that the block next door is a construction site but to expect guests to pay large amounts of money for such a room with no apology is very poor. They obviously know it is a problem and live in hope people will not complain and just accept the room. Breakfast is basically the same everyday. The variety of fruit in SE Asia is amazing but we had the same 5 fruits cut in massive chunks every day. Tea and coffee were appalling. Asian food was poor( instant noodles with cabbage one morning!), egg station good, toast etc good salads/cheese/cold meats good but no variety. Lunch and dinner average, much better and cheaper food outside of the hotel especially the cafe's at the back of the markets across the road. Cocktails had an odd bitter taste yet basic drinks such as G&T were fine. I think this hotel can charge their high prices as they have a perfect location on a lovely beach, beautiful grounds/gardens and good pools. We did enjoy our holiday but would not return to this hotel as we didn't feel it was value for money, also the lack of acknowledgement or apology for our first room left us a bit upset.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Georgette
"pleasing stay"
Gym'beach and room cleaning staff excellent.breakfast and lobby staff need to lift there standard but I might have got them on a bad day. I am returning in may.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
brian
"Chaweng Regent Beach Resort"
Initial feeling was that it may be a bit tired. This was soon forgotten and was largely about some weathered roof tiles. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, modern while retaining a Thai feel. Breakfast was varied and plentiful was extremely relaxing.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Wayne
"Perfect location along Chaweng beach"
A fantastic stay for my sister and I, we has a room right next to the pool which was lovely, hotel staff all very friendly, we enjoyed a meal at the hotel restaurant on the beach!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Nicky
Chaweng Regent Hotel is close to the beach and has lovely pools and our room was quiet, clean and had a garden view. The gardens are beautiful and the staff work hard to keep it tidy, the room was cleaned daily and sheets changed regularly. The hotel is right on the main drag but it is a haven away from the noise overload of the street, a walk down the beach at night is the best way to find lovely places to eat. The hotel food is lovely but is much pricier than lots of places along the beach and street, the breakfasts were fantastic with a wide array of food to choose from, something for every taste and nationality. I would recommend this hotel if Chaweng is your holiday destination.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
The Rowes
"Very beautiful hotel and very friendly staff"
We stayed at Chaweng Regent for 4 nights during New Year. We wre stay in room 304. It is the best room, beach front and away from pool and noice. The hotel Is very beautiful, and very friendly and helpful staff, especially staff at the restaurant where we had breakfast every morning and on the New Year dinner night. We always stay only at 5 stars hotels but this hotel is far better than many 5 stars hotels i ever stayed. We will difinitely go back to this hotel again and again, and will recommend it to our friends.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Run
"Surprisingly good stay"
Chaweng Regent was our first destination on Koh Samui. The hotel is large, with plenty of facilities and is located close to the main shopping centre area. Two pools to choose from, a gym and of course the beach were all great features. Our room was good too, however a little worn and tired looking. The ceiling could do with a re-paint, as well as the walls. The bathroom doorway entrances could do with a clean and a touch of paint too, as it was worn and grubby on the white walls. We also noticed the skirting edges of the wall to the floor were a little rotted and had worn gaps, it would look a lot nicer if it was repaired and fixed. One day we came back after breakfast to find a sewer smell coming from the shower drain, and it lingered for some time which wasn't nice. Breakfast buffet was excellent, and they had subtle changes to some of the cooked items over the days we were there.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Natalie
"Hope to Return Soon!!!"
We LOVED the beach at this resort!! The hotel is well situated on main road yet, once past reception, the hotel is tranquil and escapes the buzz of the street! Clean, comfy, cool and well appointed rooms. Food is good and the hotel has tables on the beach for dinner!!! The hotel is under the flight path but not a big deal as there aren't that many departures, and they are all daytime flights. Great staff!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
LA
MY
"Stay @ Chaweng Regent A mixed bag"
Our stay at Chaweng regent was a mixed bag. Great location, very good rooms but service is average considering very high Thai standards generally. New year eve Gala dinner is very disappointing. @ 8000Bhat/person its not worth especially when it doesn't include any drinks. Rest a very good property for everything else.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
UC
"Hidden Costs, Decent Amenities."
When we arrived, even though I had paid in full on the website, they immediately gave me a handwritten bill for another, extremely exorbitant charge for a "gala dinner" during new years eve. While it was extremely circumstantial, I still find it reflects very poorly on the Hotel overall. We did not plan on attending the event, but were still FORCED TO PAY this extremely high amount of money for something we didn't want. Luckily, this website refunded me for the money, but that doesn't make the hotel any better. In addition to the money charged, the pool and beach were closed for 2 days to set up for the event, which was the entire reason we had gone to the resort in the first place, not a "gala dinner" that we didn't want to attend. Again, circumstantial, but not as advertised. The hotel itself is as others have described it, nicely laid out and well organized, but dated, especially the rooms themselves. The rooms are darkly lit and have old, exposed wood paneling that adds to their dreariness. However, they are spacious and the bathrooms are well equipped. There are plants in the bathrooms, so if you have children that are afraid of insects, etc. then this may throw them off, but it added a different ambience and was interesting. The pool and beach are by far this resorts strongest points. Both are worth using, as they are well maintained and staffed.
4 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Overall good experience"
Good little resort. 2 pools - one with pool bar. Good for families, couples or a friends getaway! Great access to beach, gym, sauna. Little walk to main area - walk along the beach only 5 mins away. Just outside of the noise and party scene.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Nice place..the best ever."
Very good. Best place for holiday with or without family.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
MY
"A Comfortable and Relaxing Stay"
A very cozy and calm place to stay amongst the hustle bustle, rooms are comfortable and the staff is very courteous . If you are planning to go to KohSamui then Chaweng is the place to stay.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Tushar
"Not too bad"
The Spa is excellent!!! Try the one with green tea. Even better than other specialised Spa on other islands. The hotel is quite good and has everything you need, although a bit old and may need to be renovated. The restaurant is good and not expensive. Its location makes it easy if you want to be close to everything, but not the best if you want to rest as you are between the music coming from the streets late night and the construction work next door early morning. Of course, this is not the fault of the hotel, it just happened that there is a new construction going on next door. The best is then to take a room at the most extreme left part (when you enter the complex). against The service is excellent, people are very kind and supportive to your and requests, except for a person named Mira who defnitely favor European style men rather than other tourists. As a European, I was shocked to see that this person was a bit flirty in her way to discuss about not interesting things whereas other Asian customers who were waiting. From her arrogant look and the way she talked to her own staff, I could see that she does not meet the standards of kindness and conviviality that other local staff have. This person is rather stressing people than helping. I however recommend this hotel that is a good compromise for a reasonable price.
7 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach and shops"
Staff were great, stay was great only bad thing was noise from maintenance next door
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
kristy
"love it"
Looked to be the best place in Chaweng by far! Superb pools, loads sun loungers, beautiful beach, lovely hotel and was really pleased with our hotel selection. Staff facilitated us and our friends in a neighbouring villa too.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
lucy
"Nice hotel, good location"
Good location at the northern end of Chaweng Beach. Plenty of beach bars nearby, or lots of bars and restaurants if you go out onto the road side. However not at all noisy. The room was comfortable although some are a little dark (but maybe that's good in the peak of summer). Try and get a second floor room if you can as these were lighter and had more open balconies (depending on room type of course). Two nice pools with lots of spare sun loungers, plus loads more sun loungers on the beach. Pool areas not at all crowded. The main hotel restaurant (where breakfast is served) is right on the beach. Food all good and a decent selection for breakfast.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
HK
"Beachfront resort in heart of chaweng!"
Great beachfront resort in the heart of chaweng with great facilities and gardens located only short walking distance to chaweng nightlife,bars and restaurants.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
joey
This hotel is in the middle of everything Chaweng has to offer. There is construction going on next door but I didn't notice it, didn't spend much time at the hotel anyway. The only negative in my opinion was the poor showers. They had bad pressure and took a while to heat up.
11 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2014
"Nice hotel on the beach."
Check in went well with no fuss. Hotel is close to restaurants and nightlife. The only down side is the aeroplanes flying over but I guess that is to be expected on a small island. Overall a great stay.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Katrina
"Great resort on the beach"
I loved every minute in this resort. The service was excellent and the people were very friendly. Make sure to take insect repellant though!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Fantastic locaton in tropical paradise.."
The hotel was a welcome sight after a long flight - we weren't able to check in immediatley but the friendly staff were able to point us in the direction of the Escape Spa where we were able to use the shower room to freshen up... We then did a walk around the resort.. Amazing how it can be so close to all the hustle and bustle of the market stalls, restaurants and pubs out on the main street then transform into a tropical paradise before arriving onto a beautiful part of Chewang beach. The resort has it all - fantastic location, great staff - especailly the friendly bar staff - resort bars have 3 different happy hours (12.00,3.00 and 5.00) I'd recommend the 'frozen island'!!. Food was well priced and of high quality at the resort but there are hundreds of cheaper options available along the main street and beach. Overall I would recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing and stress free holiday..
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Louise
"Play it again Sam !! Wonderful experience."
I have just booked to return same time next years with a big group of friends and family. That speak for itself.
6 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Ko from AU
"Good Value"
We stayed here with a group after a friends wedding, we had just spent a couple of nights at a far more expensive resort on a different part of the island so our expectations were pretty high. The rooms were a little dated but comfortable and clean, the bed was comfortable. The beach out the front of the resort isn't the greatest but they have 2 pools, one of which has a swim up bar. Would be a great resort for families, we didn't eat in any of the restaurants but it's close to all the shopping and restaurants that chaweng has to offer.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
lizzy
"Some issues but easily fixed."
A good resort, it was our 3rd visit, but needs a little attention in areas. Great location but WiFi is woeful, unacceptable today, and they still can't serve up a cold beer nor offer stubble holders like nearly every other joint in town can. The beer issue is minor and if they fix the WiFi, then happy days again as the breakfast buffet is sensational.
8 night family trip Jun 30, 2014