All hotels in Carmel, California, United States of America
24815 Carpenter, Carmel, CA, 93923, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Nice location. Friendly staff.
1 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
Ronald
Cute little boutique hotel in a pretty town- Carmel by the sea. Delux room was also kind of small. Too many throw pillows and other trinkets, too much clutter! Walls are not sound proof, can hear noise next door. Location is convenient to the to Rt 1 , scenic 17 mile drive. Continental breakfast was very good.spinach knish was delicious! All in all we had a good stay, once we fell asleep- in spite of the noise next door!
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great hotel!!!"
Great hotel!! Our room was clean and comfortable; bathroom new and clean. It was located in a quiet and charming neighborhood. Breakfast was great: warm frittata (veggie and meat option), fresh pastries (great croissants), warm hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, jams, freshly squeezed orange juice, strong coffee and an assortment of teas. Would definitely recommend and stay again!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Tomasz
"A little too close for comfort"
Don't get me wrong I love kitschy and boutique type hotels. I just don't like hearing the person in the room next to mine snoring or going to the bathroom. Perhaps if they provided box fans for some white noise that could happen.
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
Kerri
"Small rooms but quality service"
Gave us a free upgrade to a king room which was nice. Rooms are not very big but are clean and nice. No coffee pot in room. Nice cold, European type, breakfast the next day. 5 minute drive from downtown Carmel.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Danny
"Nice boutique hotel"
Very nice smaller boutique hotel. It's a little too far from Carmel to walk and parking in town is very limited. I'm an early riser and office/breakfast is not open until 8:00, so I would have liked to had a coffee maker in the room. There is also no frig. Very nice and helpful front desk personnel and great little continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
TV didn't work in first room so after some time we were moved to another. Bed was more like a hammock in this room. Would not suggest taking the chance staying here.
Other trip May 8, 2015
tom and margie
"No temperature controls in room!"
Otherwise great. Very small, so no laundry options. Delicious cold breakfast, with a yogurt bar (granola, yogurt, fruit, etc).
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Sean
"Carmel jewel"
Lovely boutique hotel in a quiet residential neighborhood within walking distance of restaurants and shops. Great staff, beautiful garden-like grounds and very nice breakfast. Would definitely recommend! Great price, too!
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
John A.
"Great Location!"
We were passing trough the Carmel area and wanted to be close. The Vendange fully met the bill. The staff was great. The continental breakfast was better than most, the room was quiet and comfortable. The location was great as it was easy to get to Carmel. If we're turn to Carmel we would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
"Where not to stay in Carmel"
We thought the room that we had was really small....it had two small wine glasses for drinking purposes......I am tempted to say that there was not room for more than these two glasses but that would not be really true, however,at the very least there could have been another two throw away containers. Definitely not value for $160 per night (special sale price) that we paid. We would not recommend the Queen size room. Not room for a coffee machine apparently. Cheap!
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Derek
"MUST STAY!!!"
Place was amazing, definitely will stay here again. beautiful property and rooms .staff was welcoming and very polite I love this place
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
matthew
"One of the best continental breakfast spreads EVER"
Maybe one mile from downtown Carmel ... two miles from beach. Great place. One of the best continental breakfast spreads EVER.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Tony
"Ventange is well bodied"
The hotel Vendange Carmel is wonderful. I would book this hotel again for sure. It's not in town but a 12 minute walk through the quaint neighborhood is lovely. Ample parking, internet and breakfast is perfect. Staff is wonderful, especially Tom. Most comfortable bed and pillows by far.
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Kelsey
"Affordable Carmel."
Smaller but comfortable rooms that have been recently upgraded. Great breakfast and helpful staff. Very good rental rates for this area.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Gerald
Pleasant and beautiful, plus a great continental breakfast!
1 night family trip Jan 28, 2015
"Nice - but..."
Room was very modern and clean and tiny. We had three feet to move around on each side and bottom of bed. No storage space (no drawers) or place to lay out anything. If you are claustaphobic this is not the place for you. On the positive side, the wine and cheese reception and breakfast were very nice.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Passing through"
We were just stopping through on our way to big sur but it was a pleasant suprise how lovely the room was. It is a very cute hotel and we mentioned to each other how we would love to come back and stay there again. Lovely people also.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Constance
"Very bad experience this hotel"
My wife and I never had a bad experience in the long years that travel the world, such as we had in this hotel. We were poorly attended at the reception, the small room, with various equipment defective. The cleaning of very bad room. We stayed for two days and the first for the second day our room was not clean. The ice machine was broken when we arrived reception. Would not recommend for anyone staying in this hotel.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Alexandre
"Noisy neighbor killed the quiet night"
First I have to say, this hotel has some of the most amazing staff that I have ever met. Not to mention the hotel even offered free snacks and red wine from 5:00pm - 7:00pm, which was a big plus since we both like red wines. The front desk staff frist gave us room #11, but it is next to the dinning area, a semi-busy intersection and the room itself was small. So that my girlfriend and I immediately decided to upgrade to a deluxe king room (Galante) for an additional $33 hope to get a better sleep. The upgraded room was really nice and even has a small balcony. Unfortunately, the quiet room got really loud after the next room guests walked in at around 10:00pm. They had kids crying and talking. I could hear them all. I meant I could hear every single word they said. I guess the walls are made out of paper. On top of that, the bed was a little bit too soft for us and made me even harder to fall into sleep. Anyhow, I think I will be staying at another hotel next time in Carmel unless they fixed the noise issue between rooms.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Yang
"Feedback..."
Having stayed at its predecessors before this recent renovation, couldn't help but be somewhat disappointed with the results of all the renovation efforts and the 'hypes.' The room I stayed in was 'under-furnished' in that it did not have a dresser -I had to use the drawers in the night stands instead, nor did it have a chair. The renovated bathroom, though pretty nice, still yearns for more 'shelf space' for convenience. [This can be fairly easily remedied by adding a 'corner table' or sorts, which I had suggested to the previous management but to no avail.] The breakfast is better than average (with hard-boiled eggs) but not as nice as before the renovation - half of the dining area got converted to a guest room. The garden area is always very pleasant and inviting. Getting in and out of the parking lot can be a bit challenging at times, because of the traffic from both directions. Overall, the think the hotel has untapped potentials which could be reached with relatively minor investments. Getting and understanding feedback is key.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
km
"Cozy B&B very accessible"
Stayed here for a night in off season (December) and had a very clean room. Breakfast was better than expected with jimmy dean line sandwiches, good coffee and yogurt parfaits. Bed was comfortable and room was VERY CLEAN. Cute property and easily close to major roadways and locations. We went to Carmel and Pebble Beach easily. Rates were best for this nice of a property.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
S
"Noisy hotel with major road running right by it."
Stayed two nights and between the stay no one came in to service the room.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Late Night Check In"
We decided to stay over in the town at the very last minute for just $100. Called in and was informed the lobby would be closed after 10pm. And there would be a different process than regular check in. Didn't expect much at that moment although the person on the phone was pretty nice. But that actually turned out ok. Someone even waited us to arrive and showed us where our room was because the rooms go by distinctive names instead of numbers. After we got into our room, we found it difficult to get a toothbrush because no one answered the phone. The lobby closes at 10 remember? Besides that we were very surprised by all the details of this hotel. The backyard bust be more beautiful during summer. We wish we had more time to hang around. Complementary breakfast is definitely a highlight too. This hotel is just out of our expectation. Recommended.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"A Business Stay"
We did get Room #6 and it was small. King size bed and dresser took up whole room. The room was clean, but street noise was very noticeable. Hotel was nice, and continental breakfast was very nice.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Great room at a great price"
Tom, who checked us in, was incredibly kind and helpful. The room, while small, was great. Everything was clean and we liked our little patio.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
Veronica
"Nice, and romantic"
the rooms were nice, and the workers were very helpful with everything.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Decent to good"
On a possitive note, it was good. Staff was very nice. Room was very clean. Breakfast an added bonus. On the down side, leaving the parking lot, because it was on a busy street and the street curved, have to use caution. People drive fast on both directions. I wish I would have had an upstairs. You can hear people walking above on second floor. We didn 't need air conditioning but if we did, that could have been a problem. So the time of year we went was perfect. Overall, I would rate it an 8 out of 10. Next time I would get something closer to town.
2 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"Romantic property-reasonable price"
Lovely room. Close to Carmel shops and breathtaking views if beach and ocean. Stayed before and after playing Pebble Beach. 17 mile drive and Big Sur. Pleasant and helpful staff, wonderful continental breakfast. Highly recommend!
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
AJ
"Charming wine themed inn"
Just some suggestions: the staff could be more personable, clearer explanation could be given as far as room assignment, room interior design/artwork within the room could be more updated and tasteful, note the noise from other rooms may be distracting.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
P.
"nice stay in carmel"
It was enjoyable room was a little stuffy but service was nice no a/c but new decor and renovation sweet little novelty feel walking distance to the carmel beach like 10-15 minutes, breakfast is super simple but now bad over all like a 3.6 out of 5 is my rating
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
Brasnick
"Very Nice Place"
Quiet and comfortable.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Very Clean!"
Adorable Inn! Very clean! Beautiful sitting areas outside (one with fireplace). Close to downtown. EXCEPTIONALLY small rooms! No tables/chairs, coffee pot, or room to do anything but walk around the bed to the bathroom. Bathroom was very spacious, but zero to none on counter space. Also, it doesn't state it anywhere on the website, but this is a non-smoking facility. Not on balconies, not in sitting areas. You have to walk across the street to sit at the bus stop if you want a place to sit. (that was their suggestion) All in all, a very nice Inn, however, my preference is a bigger room where you can relax, and for me personally, sitting on the bed isn't relaxing. I'd never stay here again, but there wasn't anything "wrong" with the place.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
TJ
"Road trip"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and nice meet all of our expectations.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
A very romantic hotel. Great breakfast, too.
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2014
"Okay but over priced and noisy"
Reading some of the reviews many are right about the noise from people walking around. What it is, is the upper walkway and stairway are wooden and anyone with shoes on can be heard really loud and it does get annoying if you have someone repeatedly going up and down. The traffic noise is not a problem I feel as one of the reviewers commented on. The situation with two women staying in a room and trying to shower and put on makeup, I can see that being a real problem so what she said is right. With only one mirror and that one fogging up while someone else is showering it all true so if you plan on sharing your room with someone and hope to get ready at the same time while needing a mirror for makeup or whatever it will be an issue. Breakfast was about as good as it can be, it was a decent spread. Nice and clean after all you can tell it was newly renovated. Afternoon front desk check in guy was professional very nice. The morning girl working the desk, just stared at us when we came in for breakfast, not even a hello or a good morning from her it was pretty weird considering how friendly the check in guy was. I got the room a fairly cheap rate at the time. I can't see giving more then $120 a night. This is about it's real value for what you get.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Mikie
"Thin walls and terrible beds...."
Nice and friendly staff. Enjoyed the gas fire ring outside. Great morning breakfast and coffee. Disappointed in the bed, very saggy in the middle and my bad is still cramping up. Also, the walls between the rooms are super thin. I could hear conversations on both sides of me, and the gentleman snoring next door at 2am. Not impressed.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
My Fiance and I stayed here while we were in town for the ProAm. Tom at the front desk was very helpful with calling a taxi for us and ensuring that we had all that we needed. The room was simple but we were really only there for sleep. Everything else was nice, too. Pretty good location, as well! We had a great time!
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2014
"bad service, refuse if they offer you room #9"
note: this hotel does not have any personnel working at night, so do not expect to have any service until the morning should you have any issues. the room was clean and nice (did not seem to have the memory foam mattress as the description noted) but the amount of noise from the offices' kitchen next door and the unit upstairs were just ridiculous. We heard loud water sounds and footsteps from both units starting at 6am on a Sunday morning...Considering the amount of money paid for the room, you wouldn't think the deluxe king room would share a wall with the washroom and kitchen, but it does. I've heard less room-to-room noise in a motel 6. We also heard all preparations being done for the continental breakfast, including dropped pans/silverware etc. The room was also next to a small parking space, where one rude individual started their car at 5am and left it running for 10-15 minutes with music playing. We also heard every conversation and crying child noises taking place on the other side of the wall during the breakfast hours. Since their office is closed until the morning, I went to speak with the gentleman at the front desk who checked me in because he was the one who upgraded me to that room, (even though I declined the upgrade). He was on the phone and the woman who was working the front desk seemed to be oblivious to my concerns and did not apologize or offer any recourse for the inconveniences. We will most definitely not be staying here again. Just a terrible experience and waste of money.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2014
Brandon
"Very comfortable"
Off season stay for 3 nights. Researched area hotels by reading reviews of hotels moderately priced. None really stand out and all have more than a few bad reviews. This hotel is just a couple blocks from main part of town but it's easy to find and easy to park. Staff was nice and very helpful. Rooms have been recently upgraded and are better than hotels charging much more. Beautiful gardens with nice fire pit. Breakfast is continental type but food is plentiful and fresh. Saved a bundle eating there rather than eating at the over priced cafés in Carmel. The street the hotel is on is moderately traveled but at night it's silent. Really didn't spend much time there in middle of day. Bed was very comfortable. Only complaint would be the shower head. It takes water conservation to a new level. Overall I give this hotel a "5". I'll be going back this January.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
"Clean b&b with great service"
My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights over Thanksgiving. The manager at the front desk was very nice and upgraded us to a King Deluxe room, which was still pretty small but very clean and comfortable. There was complementary breakfast, wine and cheese in the evenings, as well as a nice little courtyard with a fire pit. We had a very pleasant stay. Even though the hotel is less than a mile from downtown Carmel, it's unfortunately unwalkable, as there are no sidewalks or streetlights along the small neighborhood roads. Thankfully there is plenty of parking in downtown.
2 night romance trip Nov 29, 2013
Very much enjoyed the stay and the facility. However, it seemed like the room had just been painted as there was a very strong oder as you walked in the suite. It wasn't pleasant, but eventually one could deal with it. The window may have been missing a curtain as well, which allowed some light to come in at night - again, not perfect but it seemed like the facility had recently made some nice improvements so we didn't make a big deal about it. The customer service was great - they even walked us to our room...
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2013
Carmel visitor
Beautifully uniquely decorated rooms. A wine lovers retreat.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
"Vendange"
It's nice but glad I didn't pay the $350.00 going rate! Rooms are very small, but nice. No sound insulation to speak of. Morning coffee very weak - beautiful silver creamer contained HORRIBLE - and cheap - flavored "cremer", and no black teas available. I feel sorry for anyone who pays full rate.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
"Loved this place"
From the outside it doesn't look like much, but the room was so nice! I stayed in the most standard queen room. The guy at the desk told me I should upgrade but I was there for business and didn't really care. I got inside the room, and it was done in very nice furnishings. The heat worked great and didn't make ANY noise. I'd stay here every time in Carmel.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
Leslie
"Very cute...but could use a few things..."
The Vendange was a very cute hotel. It has recently been remodeled and the rooms are very nicely done, though they are quite small. My sister and I stayed on Nov. 14th and 15th to attend our cousin's wedding in town. For two ladies, the room had some difficulties. Mainly the lack of any other mirror outside of the bathroom. This was a big problem for a couple reasons, first there is almost no ventilation in the bathroom so if someone takes a shower it takes a while and is a bit of a mess to de-fog the mirror. Second, one of us had to wait for the other to get out of the shower instead of getting ready/doing makeup or hair in the room while the other showered. Logistically it was a pain and required us to spend a lot more time in the room getting ready than we'd have preferred. On that same note...no full length mirror? That should be standard and you can get one for about $15 at Target. Basically, we would have appreciated more mirrors to assist with getting ready and better ventilation in the bathroom. The room is very cute though. Brand new flat screen tv and a comfy bed. It is on a louder street but we got back from the wedding events pretty late so it did not bother us. If you were planning on spending a lot of time in your room, however, the street noise might be a bit annoying. They do have a pretty nice complimentary continental breakfast and happy hour.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Weekend Getaway"
I was very pleased by my experience here. staff was great and very helpful.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Great stay. The room was a bit small but clean. Bed was really comfortable. Staff friendly. The only down note, they wouldn't let me use a restroom in the lobby.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
"The rooms are very small iin this price range."
No bathtub even in deluxe suite for $175. Unbelievable. Not to mention of the standard queen or king. Water pressure is too low for the hotel in this price. I missed my home's water faucet provide much more satisfaction. Good thing about the hotel is its very high quality bed, and the cleaness of the room. The coffee in the lobby is free and great.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Long way from downtown on truck route"
This was the funniest place. The place had been redone and it was lovely and clean. BUT our room had one king bed that was all.. Nothing to sit on at all. It had no clock, no chair just a bed. Had we spent 25 dollars more we could have had a chair. The bed.. Newly purchased 2400 mattress was too tall for me to get in. I am 5 feet.. I asked if they had a stool so I could get into bed and they gave me an old step stool.. Which I carried to the room. They had not purchased new sheets for the deep mattress.. So the bottom sheet was just laid on top and an old mattress pad that did not cover the whole mattress. The hotel is right on the truck route..noisy at night. It did, however have a great new tv and a new hair dryer. The breakfast was good.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013