All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
750 Crocker Avenue, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Simple Comfort, Great Location"
Very quiet location, across street from Asilomar and the Beach. Room we stayed in was older on the exterior; it was obviously remodeled interior with some incomplete bathroom tile work as well as door frame trim. Bed was comfy; sheets nice, but staff needs to watch out for tears in bottom sheet. Had to ask for extra towels; supplied readily. Continental breakfast minimal but pleasantly displayed.
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Great place."
A wonderful getaway with my hubby. Wonderful place, quiet, clean and cozy. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. So much to do within walking distance. Stayed here before and will definitely stay again!!!
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
Lorraine
"This is was an amazing place!"
This is a great place to stay! It was small, clean, safe and the staff were the best! I will always come back over and over again! They take pride and are willing to help you with anything! It is perfect for a family, older people that want a safe, quiet place. I would give it an A+!
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Pam
The entrance door is the right by the bed and outside stairs.
"To tour Butterfly Sanctuary"
Enjoyed the stay there. Only complaint was that there was a noisy person above us (we were in the bottom room) the person paced around during the night. Really annoying. This was no fault of the Motel Owners of course and we didn't complain to them because it is a chance you take when staying somewhere. But I would stay there again! We really liked our room and the grounds. They kept it up very nicely and it was nice to have coffee in a real glass coffee cup! :)
Cath & Jim
"Our home away in Pacific Grove."
Would like a vacation home in Pacific Grove. However, this is our very best choice since that is not possible. Love the location just so quiet and close to the beach. Clean and updated rooms. Just the right size for a good night sleep. The lady at the front desk Lisa is so friendly and helpful. I have been looking for this perfect getaway for a long time. Now that I have found it I want to tell everybody to check it out. This is so nice for the price you will not be disappointed. Pacific Grove is a gem of a town with that little town feeling.
Ruthie
"Not worth your time or money"
Overall horrible. Hotel staff are unprofessional. Rooms were okay, clean, but beds were uncomfortable
joe
"close to 17 mile drive"
The rooms were very quiet and very clean. The beds comfortable. Plenty of pillows! Great location close to 17 mile drive and the beach. Overall a great stay.
5 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Melody
"Disappointed Birthday Present"
We gave this one night get away to our Granddaughter for her birthday. Her and her fiancé spent their first night at a wonderful hotel in Seaside that she said was a lot less money and a much better stay. I was very disappointed to hear that they did not enjoy their stay at Deer Haven. The first thing that they saw was the paper numbers on the door, older place and not really up to date. The only thing that they did enjoy was the fireplace in the room. Not sure that this hotel is worth the money. It is closer to town, but you still have to drive into Monterey to see all of the sights.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Sandra
"Recommended to our friends."
Very nice rooms, ver clean and right near Asilomar. Quiet. Breakfast was a bit sparce but good coffee and service.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"No Frills"
The Deer Haven is perfect for a single night stay near Asilomar and the beach. It was a no frills room with little in the way of decor. Luckily we were given the ADA room so we had quite a bit of room. The shower had dual shower heads but the ADA seat in the shower was mildewed and that was off putting. The grounds were charmless as well, but parking was available. I recommend it if you are passing through for the night.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Quite and Comfort"
Our room had a fireplace which was nice and we did use it. The room was clean and comfy. The continental breakfast was good. The area itself is very quiet. I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends and family.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Noisy"
The hotel does not have A/C. Not a problem in October, except the window overlooked the parking lot, so I was awakened several times during the nite. There is only one restaurant close by. But the beach is just as close.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Sue
"Nice Stay"
We enjoyed our stay at Deer Haven. The location is excellent. The room and the service were very good. Our only complaint is the lack of comfortable chairs. I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Nice place in a quiet location. go there while in Pacific Grove you'll like it. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are clean with nice towels and with good non slip rubber mats in the shower. The breakfast is continental and the coffee is OK. the deer come onto the property and are super friendly.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
The hotel was located near the ocean, but you couldn't see or hear it. Still, a good location. The rooms have gas fireplaces which really add the the charm. Beds were a little hard, but that may be good for some people. The bath towels were the hard low grade. While they may last long or be cheap enough to through away often, I prefer something softer when I come out of the shower. The continental breakfast was small and simple. Overall, a good place to stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"Nice and Tidy"
I was impressed with how neat, clean, and tidy the room and bathroom was. I'll be staying here again soon!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Weekend with my elderly mom & my little dog."
Cheerful, very clean, spacious room. Cozy gas(?) fireplace. Great "closet" area next to bathroom, room for two suitcases & so user friendly. Very dog friendly! Quiet safe neighborhood, convenient short drive to Asilimar beach area. Want to stay there whenever I come to the area.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
libby
"breakfast"
We went to the complimentary breakfast shortly after it opened and they were already out of food so we didnt get to eat and had to go out somewhere. The rooms were booked so I felt they should have been more prepared for that. Otherwise, it was fine.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Traci
"Quaint inn with enchanting deer habitat"
Loved this place. Not too far from the beach and a locals fave restaurant. The local deer habitat made for an enchanted feel when you saw them crossing or simply basking in the sun. The rooms were clean and staff very friendly and accommodating. Wish we could've stayed longer. Highly recommend.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
"Nice hotel for the price"
Good location to walk to the beach. Close drive to everything you need. Room wasn't ready at check in time. They're doing some remodeling that will look nice. We were moved into the Handicap room because our room wasn't ready. It was only a minor inconvenience and would have been nice to hear a "sorry that your room wasn't ready, will this other room be okay? We apologize for the inconvenience."
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
All was good for the price I expect linens to be quality and a bathrobe
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
room was nice would have been nice if there was a fan or A/c was warm on my visit
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"overpriced motel"
Deer Haven was categorized as a bed and breakfast, but it was just a very mediocre motel! On this trip we had stayed at two other bed and breakfasts similarly priced that were a hundred times better! This "motel" is way overpriced, and not in a good location (you had to drive to the center where all the restaurants and shops were). This was the last hotel we stayed in during our vacation and by far the worst. It is definitely off my list!!!!!!
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
"Great location, clean and comfortable!"
I love the location of Deer Haven. The Asilomar beach boardwalk is my favorite Monterrey walk and you can take it all the way to monterey if you are a distance walker or runner. Lovely, quiet, natural area to base your stay in the monterey area.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Playa girl
"Great location for the family looking for fun!"
Perfect place to unwind, relax, walk to the beach and build sand castles! Clean and friendly motel next to Asilimar and close to 17 mile drive.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Different than I had imagined"
While the hotel passed all of the standard "room was clean" and "good location" questions, the rooms were VERY small. This inside was recently renovated, but it looked like a poor DIY job. It might have been the particular weekend, but for the price, it wasn't worth the convenience.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Cute & Cozy"
This is a nice place to stay away from the noise of the city. Plus, it's very close to the ocean for watching the sunset. Easy to find. Inviting exterior. We will stay here again.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
Sheryl
"Great hotel for the price"
I had a wonderful time at the hotel. Everything but the continental breakfast was amazing. The lady at the front desk could care less about guest. But besides that, wonderful stay.
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Jordan
"I always stay here when I visit PG"
The rooms here are very comfortable. They are clean and the area is very quiet and a short walk to the beach. Price is reasonable . Breakfast food available for free and plentiful. I always stay here when I visit my grandchildren.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"Just okay"
This was a bare minimum kind of place. Good location though. If all you want is to stay in Monterey/Pacific Grove for a low price, then this will work for you. Most of my dissatisfaction comes from the lack of comfort in the room. The lighting was poor. There wasn't a microwave. The place just seemed dingy. There wasn't a patio or much of a place outside to sit and relax. It was fine, but I probably won't stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Nice Inn ,Quiet surroundings"
Room was recently updated. Bed was comfortable .room very clean. Inn is in outskirts of Monterey in very nice residential neighborhood surrounded by pine trees. Only negative, room was small & walls are thin. But everyone kept it down.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Priscilla
"happy with the hotel"
very satisfied
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
"DISAPPOINTING"
Disappointed...Clerk was rude at check in. Hot tub was out of order. Continental breakfast was lousy. Bed was comfortable. Location was fairly close to the beach. We will not stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Tom Toman
"Clean , quiet and comfortable."
For a smaller property I was very happy with my stay. The bed was nice and comfortable. It was very quiet not even traffic. Woke to see deer on the property across the street. All in all a good stay.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Mars
"Close to the beach"
The hotel has been remodeled. Double pane windows are great. The room is a good size. The bed is comfortable enough. Very clean. TV has Direct TV with a decent number of channels. Breakfast is decent. Location is great. 10 min walk to the beach. I do not say that the hotel is fort a romantic escape, more like for families with children.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Clean and modern - no frills"
This place is in an excellent location only minutes and a short walk from Asilomar Stae Beach. It is very clean and comfortable. My one complaint was there was nothing in the room to make it feel cozy. There was one tiny picture over the bed but the rest of the room was barren. I did not take advantage of the free breakfast so I can't comment on it. If you are in Pacific Grove to enjoy the beach, this a great place.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Pet Friendly"
They were very accommodating to our dog. Letting us know where to walk him, etc. Continental breakfast was nothing to write home about. Location was good near Asilomar. Room was clean and recently renovated. Walls were a bit thin though.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"not a great place to stay"
bad experience checking in as it took a few minutes to get acknowledgement as the front desk was on the phone. weak continental breakfast. rooms were ok, not great. free wifi but very slow. i would not stay at this hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great Location-walk to the beach"
Beds were VERY comfortable...room was pretty darn nice for the price and location was perfect. My room had a fireplace but I didn't use it...just a quick one night stay but you won't be disapointed at this price it's a great deal
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"NICE hotel and near to beach"
clearn and small hotel in the forest ,it is quiet and national ,very nice
wenjun
"insulting service"
The location in pacific grove, proximity to the trails near spanish bay, and pet friendly nature were the main reasons we booked this hotel. However, I found the reception to be unacceptable considering the price. I was confronted concerning use of the ice machine for which the owner of the hotel 2 hours after check in. To frame this the ice machine is located in a common area of the parking lot. At first he did not think I was a guest, even though he checked me in himself. At that point I told him I was indeed a guest. Next he said other guests were complaining about the noise I was making, which was bogus because he was outside walking in the parking lot when we parked our car and never once left eyesight of me, not talking to another guest once. I hate to say this place needs some serious help in the service department. Don't expect much if you book here. The 'continental breakfast' is pretty standard, cheap oj, coffee, and pre packed pastries. You have to wait until 8am to get them.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Not What I Expected"
Room was clean. Comfortable. Had small outdoor area with firepit. However, the pictures showed the hotel to be on the water. I thought the area was less populated. I was surprised the hotel was int he middle of a residential area and not at all near the ocean. Room was right on the parking lot. Quiet area.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"it is a good choice"
the hotel is quite near the seaside,it is a good choice for short trip.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
robby
"THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! I repeat NO AIR."
My girlfriends and I were on a road trip and booked this room as our first stop. We only needed a place to crash for 1 night but expected a little more. Away from most things in the peninsula. No restaurants within walking distance. We called the front desk to ask why there was no air conditioning and they said they've never had it even though that isn't advertised ANYWHERE and they brought us a box fan. Are you kidding me? And then we asked why the wifi wasn't working and they said they would reboot the router. It was in and out our entire stay. It was only a place to stop for the night but I wouldn't do it again. Plenty of better options around.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
abbie
"Great location, great value."
Deer Haven Inn is a pleasant departure from the chain hotels in the area, and way less expensive than the local B&Bs. It's reasonably priced, located in a quiet, mostly residential area away from the traffic and noise, and within a quick few minutes' walk to the beach. Our room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The one drawback is the continental breakfast, which is pretty sad. Luckily that wasn't the reason for my stay, so it wasn't a major consideration for me. I highly recommend for anyone who isn't interested in frills but appreciates good value.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Close to everything you need to see in the area. Nice rooms
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"good"
mostly good….breakfast was meager and one of the beds was broken, sagged to the left…..ironing board was leaning on the wall because the screws had come out of the wall but the hanger was sitting in the holes giving the appearance that is was useful, luckily I noticed it before I placed the board on it…It was clean, friendly and close to where we were going.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Tura Franzen
"Family Vacation"
Comfortable! Clean! Friendly staff! Excellent location!Love the deer(does and fawns) seen on the property. Would love to stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
GA
"Not Terrib for Last Minute Deal"
Considering we were able to get the room last minute for less than $120, overall it wasn't so bad. The room itself was decent and the bed was comfortable. it was in a nice location very close to Monterey and Cannery Row. the bad points were the refrigerator was right at the foot of the bed in a cabinet and made noise all night long that kept us up. Also the cleanliness was questionable. We found several hairs on the sheets and the pillows and on the floors which made us question how clean the bathroom was. Worse than that was the smell of mold and mildew throughout the room especially in the bathroom where it just wreaked. If you are fine like us with bringing your own sheets and pillowcases and some cleaning supplies to make sure your room is clean, $120 or so a night for the room isn't so bad.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014