All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here750 Crocker Avenue, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location, clean and comfortable!"
I love the location of Deer Haven. The Asilomar beach boardwalk is my favorite Monterrey walk and you can take it all the way to monterey if you are a distance walker or runner. Lovely, quiet, natural area to base your stay in the monterey area.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Playa girl
"Great location for the family looking for fun!"
Perfect place to unwind, relax, walk to the beach and build sand castles! Clean and friendly motel next to Asilimar and close to 17 mile drive.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Different than I had imagined"
While the hotel passed all of the standard "room was clean" and "good location" questions, the rooms were VERY small. This inside was recently renovated, but it looked like a poor DIY job. It might have been the particular weekend, but for the price, it wasn't worth the convenience.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Cute & Cozy"
This is a nice place to stay away from the noise of the city. Plus, it's very close to the ocean for watching the sunset. Easy to find. Inviting exterior. We will stay here again.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
Sheryl
"Great hotel for the price"
I had a wonderful time at the hotel. Everything but the continental breakfast was amazing. The lady at the front desk could care less about guest. But besides that, wonderful stay.
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Jordan
"I always stay here when I visit PG"
The rooms here are very comfortable. They are clean and the area is very quiet and a short walk to the beach. Price is reasonable . Breakfast food available for free and plentiful. I always stay here when I visit my grandchildren.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"Just okay"
This was a bare minimum kind of place. Good location though. If all you want is to stay in Monterey/Pacific Grove for a low price, then this will work for you. Most of my dissatisfaction comes from the lack of comfort in the room. The lighting was poor. There wasn't a microwave. The place just seemed dingy. There wasn't a patio or much of a place outside to sit and relax. It was fine, but I probably won't stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Nice Inn ,Quiet surroundings"
Room was recently updated. Bed was comfortable .room very clean. Inn is in outskirts of Monterey in very nice residential neighborhood surrounded by pine trees. Only negative, room was small & walls are thin. But everyone kept it down.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Priscilla
"happy with the hotel"
very satisfied
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
"DISAPPOINTING"
Disappointed...Clerk was rude at check in. Hot tub was out of order. Continental breakfast was lousy. Bed was comfortable. Location was fairly close to the beach. We will not stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Tom Toman
"Clean , quiet and comfortable."
For a smaller property I was very happy with my stay. The bed was nice and comfortable. It was very quiet not even traffic. Woke to see deer on the property across the street. All in all a good stay.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Mars
"Close to the beach"
The hotel has been remodeled. Double pane windows are great. The room is a good size. The bed is comfortable enough. Very clean. TV has Direct TV with a decent number of channels. Breakfast is decent. Location is great. 10 min walk to the beach. I do not say that the hotel is fort a romantic escape, more like for families with children.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Clean and modern - no frills"
This place is in an excellent location only minutes and a short walk from Asilomar Stae Beach. It is very clean and comfortable. My one complaint was there was nothing in the room to make it feel cozy. There was one tiny picture over the bed but the rest of the room was barren. I did not take advantage of the free breakfast so I can't comment on it. If you are in Pacific Grove to enjoy the beach, this a great place.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Pet Friendly"
They were very accommodating to our dog. Letting us know where to walk him, etc. Continental breakfast was nothing to write home about. Location was good near Asilomar. Room was clean and recently renovated. Walls were a bit thin though.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"not a great place to stay"
bad experience checking in as it took a few minutes to get acknowledgement as the front desk was on the phone. weak continental breakfast. rooms were ok, not great. free wifi but very slow. i would not stay at this hotel again.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great Location-walk to the beach"
Beds were VERY comfortable...room was pretty darn nice for the price and location was perfect. My room had a fireplace but I didn't use it...just a quick one night stay but you won't be disapointed at this price it's a great deal
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"NICE hotel and near to beach"
clearn and small hotel in the forest ,it is quiet and national ,very nice
wenjun
"insulting service"
The location in pacific grove, proximity to the trails near spanish bay, and pet friendly nature were the main reasons we booked this hotel. However, I found the reception to be unacceptable considering the price. I was confronted concerning use of the ice machine for which the owner of the hotel 2 hours after check in. To frame this the ice machine is located in a common area of the parking lot. At first he did not think I was a guest, even though he checked me in himself. At that point I told him I was indeed a guest. Next he said other guests were complaining about the noise I was making, which was bogus because he was outside walking in the parking lot when we parked our car and never once left eyesight of me, not talking to another guest once. I hate to say this place needs some serious help in the service department. Don't expect much if you book here. The 'continental breakfast' is pretty standard, cheap oj, coffee, and pre packed pastries. You have to wait until 8am to get them.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Not What I Expected"
Room was clean. Comfortable. Had small outdoor area with firepit. However, the pictures showed the hotel to be on the water. I thought the area was less populated. I was surprised the hotel was int he middle of a residential area and not at all near the ocean. Room was right on the parking lot. Quiet area.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"it is a good choice"
the hotel is quite near the seaside,it is a good choice for short trip.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
robby
"THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! I repeat NO AIR."
My girlfriends and I were on a road trip and booked this room as our first stop. We only needed a place to crash for 1 night but expected a little more. Away from most things in the peninsula. No restaurants within walking distance. We called the front desk to ask why there was no air conditioning and they said they've never had it even though that isn't advertised ANYWHERE and they brought us a box fan. Are you kidding me? And then we asked why the wifi wasn't working and they said they would reboot the router. It was in and out our entire stay. It was only a place to stop for the night but I wouldn't do it again. Plenty of better options around.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
abbie
"Great location, great value."
Deer Haven Inn is a pleasant departure from the chain hotels in the area, and way less expensive than the local B&Bs. It's reasonably priced, located in a quiet, mostly residential area away from the traffic and noise, and within a quick few minutes' walk to the beach. Our room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The one drawback is the continental breakfast, which is pretty sad. Luckily that wasn't the reason for my stay, so it wasn't a major consideration for me. I highly recommend for anyone who isn't interested in frills but appreciates good value.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Close to everything you need to see in the area. Nice rooms
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"good"
mostly good….breakfast was meager and one of the beds was broken, sagged to the left…..ironing board was leaning on the wall because the screws had come out of the wall but the hanger was sitting in the holes giving the appearance that is was useful, luckily I noticed it before I placed the board on it…It was clean, friendly and close to where we were going.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Tura Franzen
"Family Vacation"
Comfortable! Clean! Friendly staff! Excellent location!Love the deer(does and fawns) seen on the property. Would love to stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
GA
"Not Terrib for Last Minute Deal"
Considering we were able to get the room last minute for less than $120, overall it wasn't so bad. The room itself was decent and the bed was comfortable. it was in a nice location very close to Monterey and Cannery Row. the bad points were the refrigerator was right at the foot of the bed in a cabinet and made noise all night long that kept us up. Also the cleanliness was questionable. We found several hairs on the sheets and the pillows and on the floors which made us question how clean the bathroom was. Worse than that was the smell of mold and mildew throughout the room especially in the bathroom where it just wreaked. If you are fine like us with bringing your own sheets and pillowcases and some cleaning supplies to make sure your room is clean, $120 or so a night for the room isn't so bad.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
K
"Clean & Comfortable"
You can tell this is an older motel that has been renovated, but is still quite charming in a quiet neighborhood. Our room was very clean and comfortable, but could hear people upstairs walking around and flushing their toilet/running water, etc. Continental breakfast was nice; however, the area where it was located is so small everyone kept bumping into one another just to get their food.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
DeVonna M.
"Very quiet location."
This was the third time my wife and I stayed here.. We have been coming to the Monterey area for 35 years now and this is one of the quietest places around.. Very nice place to stay for the money.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"A week of sea creatures and coastal wonders"
Deer Haven Inn has comfortable beds, a nice TV, a decent bathroom and a fun gas fireplace. Wifi was efficient and the location to Asilomar Beach is outstanding. I would go back and repeat the whole vacation without hesitation.
5 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Guy C
"Great value, great location"
We stayed at the Deer Haven Inn for two nights in early June. The entire experience was wonderful. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Loved the fireplace! We enjoyed walking to and dining at Fish Wife, which is nearby. Also, the location can't be beat. Enjoyed daily walks and a jog along the coast. The breakfast was really good and the outdoor seating was beautiful. I highly recommend the Deer Haven Inn! Can't wait to visit the California coast again, and stay at this Inn.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
D
"Tranquility"
This inn is located far off the busy roadways and within easy walking distance of a beautiful beach and tide pools. The rooms are clean, quiet, and appear to have been recently remodeled. The man at the front desk was very nice, and the morning breakfast items in the lobby were tasty.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Serene location near Asilomar."
Although I requested a pet friendly room and acknowledged the printed $25 pet fee, when we arrived the hotel staff said they were not notified that we were bringing a pet.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Quit Place to Stay..."
We stayed here for my husbands birthday weekend with our two kids. We loved the neighborhood it was quiet and peaceful. Our room was kind of dated we did not get one of the rooms with the laminate floors. The continental breakfast could have a larger selection was not to impressed with it. Overall it was a good place to stay....
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
Pete
"Great little inn"
Great location close to beautiful beach. Quiet residential neighborhood but close to tourist locations.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Janet
"Nicely remodeled room, great location"
This is the 3rd hotel we've tried in the Asilomar area and loved Deer Haven as well as the property behind it. Newly remodeled, quiet. Only drawbacks were a slight odor of a dog in room and the breakfast was not up to par compared to the Rosedale or Pacific Gardens Inn which are right around the corner. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great location, great value"
Lovely quiet neighborhood, minutes away from many attractions. Amo was especially helpful in a special request. Could have used breakfast starting a little earlier .
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"Hotel is close to the beach and Asilomar?"
Nice weather. I have been here before many times. Unfortunately, I was there for the funeral of a good friend. The place was at a good spot and close to everything, especially the water.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Close to the beach, only if it was cleaned well"
I would still recommend this place although it was cleaned well. The staff was very helpful. I had to check in late but I didn't realized it was going to be really late (1:30am), I called them right when I got to their parking, the staff that answered sounded a bit sleepy but polite, he showed up in a minute and was very nice. He was nice enough to provide me with late check out the next day since I checked in so late. Great customer service!! The bed was okay. There was only one waste basket for the whole room. The bathroom was okay. Overall it's 4 stars! Customer service really matters!!!!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
julie
Great dog friendly hotel. Close to the beach, 17 mile drive, and downtown pacific grove. The area is very quiet and very relaxing. Would stay there again.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Denise
"Cozy."
The staff was helpfull and the surrounding area was very nice. It was a great trip and I would stay there again anytime.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
"clean, comfy bed"
I would stay there again in an instant. Comfortable and clean.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Small room, thin walls"
Room was small and we could hear everyone else's 'business' and conversation. Flimsy plastic cups were not replenished (5 night stay), but was able to get sturdier paper ones from the front desk. Alleged renovation on bathroom very poorly done leaving shower walls pulling away from bathroom walls. Foam pillows and not so comfortable beds. Residential neighborhood near Asilomar so you definitely need a car to see or do anything. Don't expect much and you'll be satisfied.
5 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"Poor Planning - on Their Part"
Booking our stay over a month in advance you wouldn't think there would be a scheduling problem but there was. Our first morning there the front desk calls to tell us that they're replacing our door and it would take about 30 minutes. We were travelling with our dog so we took her for another walk and returned 45 minutes later. Well, as with construction projects there was an issue and 30 minutes turned into 3 hours!! The hotel manager was some what apologetic, gave us 1 night of the pet fee refunded ($25) but mostly made excuses. She told us there was nothing more she could do, re: a refund, as our reservations were made through Hotels.com. The door guys were supposed to be there Monday, etc. This happened on a Thursday. I feel like we shouldn't have been burdened with this at all, they should have worked on other rooms or told the door guys to come back Saturday between 11-3 (checkout & check-in). The $25 was a nice gesture but didn't feel like enough. Had we not had our dog we probably would have found another hotel. Everyhting else was fine but they really missed the mark on this one. We may give them another chance,(how often do doors need to be replaced :)), mostly because not a lot of places take pets and the location is nice.
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2014
Sara
"Basic, no frills"
Nice place but it was very low occupancy when we stayed so it was nice and quiet. I mention this because my concern would be the noise level if you were surrounded. This is a older place and the walls seem pretty thin. Basic amenities, I.E. two crispy towels. funky room layout but served the need and location is good.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
BobG
"Cozy hotel in walking distance from beach."
Good location (across the street from Asilomar conference center), nice place, friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"nice and quiet"
It was a nice little inn, close to the shore. I especially liked the non-carpet flooring and the fireplace.
2 night family trip May 30, 2014
"Deer Haven Inn"
Had a very enjoyable stay. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The Inn lived up to its name--saw a few deers.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"A getaway time"
Our stay at Deer Haven inn was pleasant although there was no swimming pool or jacuzzi to further add to the pleasure of staying there, everything else was good, too costly how ever. The breakfast was basic coffee, bagel, danish, cereal and not much of a seating area for large group of people. We ended up visiting a neighboring resort and the breakfast there was excellent. If the price was more economical , we would stay there again but enjoy breakfast at a different location.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"Great little place for a casual getaway."
Clean. Comfortable. Friendly staff. Remodeled rooms were well above expectations and were exactly as advertised.... Down to the fireplace and wall art! This is an Inn type setting so don't expect the Intercontenental type luxury, but great for what it was. Only complaint would be that we had to walk by a smelly garbage dumpster that was located next to the staircase we had to use to get our upstairs room. Maybe they would be open to moving it elsewhere? Otherwise definitely recommend for a quiet casual getaway.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Shad
it is a good place to stay
1 night trip May 12, 2014