All hotels in Negril, Jamaica

Delicious food
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
"No wifi connection. That was my only problem."
I had a grate time, my only issue was the fact that the wifi was not working during our stay.
3 night trip with friends Dec 9, 2015
Roschelle
"All exclusive to the extreme"
I was happy with the room and the staff but will never stay at a Riu property again. They have a crazy policy that doesn't allow the local staff or management to make changes to a reservation after it has started. my partner decided to join me a day earlier than we had originally planned. Since this is an all inclusive, I knew there would be an additional fee to have him stay there. I figured we'd just pay the additional fee when he got there, no problem. But no, the local hotel was not permitted to make any changes to the reservation because I had booked it through a 3rd party. I had to make numerous calls to Hotels.com to try and add my partner to the last night of our stay. They weren't able to do it because my stay had already started and they'd have to make a new reservation under his name. They weren't able to do that however because the hotel was sold out. Neither Hotels.com nor I could understand why the hotel couldn't simply add him to my existing reservation and allow us to pay the additional fee for the all inclusive. Hotels.com contacted both the local hotel and the RIU call center that they book the reservations through, but no dice! The local staff told me the only thing they could do would be to book him as a walk in when he arrived to the tune of $215 dollars for one night, on top of the price I already paid for the room. Right. But again the hotel was sold out so that wasn't a sure bet either. disgusted, I made other arrangements elsewhere.
7 night trip with friends Nov 30, 2015
Sheri Powers
"Riu, always my favourite place"
I'm a regular to the Riu chains. The hotel opened the day before our arrival. Check was fine. We had a lovely agent called Easton who went all out to get our party in rooms next to each other. Although renovations were still being carried out, the room we stayed in was so comfortable. I slept very well and the shower was to die for. The beach was ok but not as nice as seven mile beach but unfortunately the hotels along the seven mile beach aren't very nice. I gained a few pounds with all the yummy food and drinks. Can't wait to go back
3 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2015
Karla
"Nice hotel, entertainment included"
The overall hotel stay was nice. You don't have to leave the resort if you don't feel like it. There is plenty of entertainment and food available. The hotel should invest in elevators for the upper levels.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"management staff was very unprofessional ."
inconvenience: room was to far and key chains where to big . Some front desk staff was very kind and was trying they best to make me comfortable but management act like we were staying there for free.taking all day to fix our situation about our room with 1 bed 3 people.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
love to travel
"horrible stay away"
Run down terrible hotel with nasty food
5 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Sherene
"Robbed by Cleaner"
DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL AND LET THEM CLEAN YOUR ROOM WITHOUT A HIDDEN CAMERA TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Jamaicami
"I was not pleased. I am 65yesrs a world traveler"
I am 65 years and a world traveller. I find it spalling that people in my age category who spend trillions have to experience a culture that caters to 35 year olds and under. and most of them are self obsorbed and always on display. I have never seen so many scantily dressed women in all my life. I did not like my stay at all
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Did not like room had cigarette scent"
I liked the warm greeting I received from the employees at the front desk and from the servers in the dining area for both breakfast and lunch. The entertainment staff was good.The room smelled of cigarette and the door to the room was difficult to open. The refrigerator was not stacked on the first day, as promised. The towels feel rough. I did not like the idea that soap was not replenished on a daily basis(I stayed there for 3 days. Even though I know it was hectic on the person who served lunch on the beach, as he was by himself, he did not make the effort to serve quickly when he realized guests were punishing in the sun. Maybe he needs assistance. Bath area seemed to had discolored areas. Shower curtain was not clean. 90-minute internet service was limited to only lobby area. Why can't service be available to guests in rooms and end at scheduled time? I didn't like that I had to dress and leave my room to go and sit in an area that was crowded almost all the time.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Samantha
"get away"
The hotel was good. They had activities for kids and adults. However some of the activities were not age appropriate. My room was located the furthest away for the lobby area/activity . With my child I was a bit afraid to go back to my room when it got dark. Security was there, however I did not see any by my area. Room was cleaned every day. In Jamaica I wanted to eat real Jamaica food, but the food they called Jamaica food did not have the flavor of Jamaica food.
8 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"The best part was the entertainments"
The excursions should provide lunch for free like Costa Rica if you going to be there at lunch time. I did all of them in Costa Rica for half of that price with lunch. The best entertainment guy is father passed still come to perform no leader mentioned anything not even a 5 second in memory of his father that ashamed. These guys were so great even if they walk by you a million times you will get a high five each times.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Nice beach"
Stayed for 5 days. The beach is wonderful. Entertainment crew was excellent. Hotel needs upgrading like a flat screen tv I the rooms and free wifi. Food and drinks all inclusive.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"SMELLY SEWER"
Had I known this hotel was closing at the end of July for repairs I would have waited until after renovations to visit!! There are electrical issues, leaks, smelly sewers and a severe mold issue!!!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Fencing Mom
This was our second all-inclusive experience, and it was much better than our first one in the Dominican Republic two years ago, but it did cost considerably more. The RIU was a very nice resort. The swimming pool was too hot the first few days of our stay. We have a 6-night stay. The Entertainers were very friendly and made the trip more fun. All in all, we were very pleased. We did have quite a walk since we were in Bldg 3 - nearly all the way at the far end of the resort. But I really sort of enjoyed the extra exercise this provided during my vacation. I would definitely come back to this resort, but would like to save a little more money the next time.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice resort"
The hotel was very nice , clean, a little dated but they are going to be renovating in August 2015 to November.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
phil
"Nice hotel. Friendly staff"
They don't have elevators, but great entertainment every night. Food was just ok. Rooms , pools beach all beautiful!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
laura
The hotel is nice. The layout of the property allows for rest and relaxation as the rooms are away from the noise of the various entertainments. Food is great and the staff are exceptional. A little disappointed about having to pay for Wi-Fi in the rooms.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Very good hotel friendly staff in the very good location. The hotel is located in the bay so the water from the beach is very calm.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
T garcia
"Great vacation experience!"
My son (age 22) and I (female, age 56) had a wonderful, fun filled vacation. We loved the location, the beach, the pool, the restaurants, the evening shows and the entertainment staff was energetic and worked hard to get people involved in the activities throughout the day. We wished we would have stayed another week!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Anne
"Ver Disappointing"
Would not stay here again. Hotel very dated. Only a hour of free wi-fi per day in the lobby. no toiletries in the bathroom. Had to buy lotion at the gift shop.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Will never stay again."
We were there for a wedding nearly 40 of us. Can u imagine the amount of money paid to the hotel? The wedding planner was EXTREMELY rude! Dinner was late even though we were told we would be charged 1,000 if we were late! And they were swift to kick us out at 815 though we had reservations til 830 and got in there late because they were not open. On top of all that my daughters iPhone was stolen. I loved Jamaica and the people there but would never stay at this place again. We read reviews and feel they were very inaccurate. They say free water sports but what they meant was free paddle boat and kayak that is it. What a shame.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
OneLove
"Our Amazing Trip to Negril !"
The RIU Club Hotel was a wonderful experience for my me and my children, and extended family ! The fresh Jamaican fruit for breakfast , and delicious grilled lunch on the beach was outstanding for us . The hotel is well laid out, with so many different things to enjoy every day. But, most of all, we felt well taken care of, and all of your employees were loving , and attentive to each of us. We arrived home with a whole new outlook on life , revived , and rejuvenated ! Thank you so much ! We are already talking about next year 's trip ! Sincerely, Meredith Muller Denver, Co.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Meredith
AC was not really working in room (even after requesting assistance from front desk), room constantly smelled horribly musty, food was sub par, beach had LOTS of sea grass, restaurants were not great, no elevators in buildings.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Very outdated"
The hotel has no elevators and there are 4 buildings which are located to the right of the lobby and the 4th building is about a 1/2 of a mile away from entrance what they don't tell you is that they have only about 2 bell boys to help you with your bags therefor it's either you roll your bags all the way if your lucky the walk isn't that bad if your in the first or second building but then you have to carry all your luggage up 4 flights of stairs if you don't want to do that then you have a 2-3 hour wait for your bags so we chose to do that since we got there around 8pm and they told us dinner is only from 6-10pm we figured we shower and get ready for dinner we finally get up to our room and it's the wrong room there was only one bed and me and my friend reserved a room with 2 beds, we call the front desk and they tell me that you don't reserve their rooms you submit a request but it's not guaranteed. I said that is unacceptable that is not what we paid for either give us the right room or give us a refund I asked to speak to a manage who at first refused to come to the phone and finally when she did she was trying tell us the same thing after going back and forth for a few minutes she said to come to the lobby I ask can someone come help us with our luggage she said it would be 2 hours so we had to again carry our luggage back after waiting 30mins in the lobby we got the correct room but had to again carry our luggage horrible customer service.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Tiffany
"Nice hotel for singles and families alike"
This is my 4th stay in Jamaica and my 3rd in RIU, twice with my spouse and once with my family including children. It has everything you need, food, drinks and activities to do, both on the resort and in the vicinity. You can't go wrong.
Other trip May 20, 2015
notanewtraveler
"Negril RIU Experience"
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food tasted good. The service was mediocre....in general, the employees were not anxious to go out of their way to help....the usual island mentality. The A/C was a problem in many rooms (we were there with a group of 30). The rum drinks were tasty and the wine was terrible.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Doc
"Nice Resort Close to the Beach"
To begin with, a word of warning when booking this resort. There are two RIU all-inclusive resorts located within a mile or two of each other on Norman Manley Blvd. We thought we had booked the Tropical Palace so we were shocked when we tried to register and found we had booked the ClubHotel, which we had just passed. The cab ride back to the ClubHotel cost $5 and we thought RIU should have made arrangements for transfer. The ClubHotel was also quite lovely but we had studied the information about the Tropical Palace and knew nothing about what ClubHotel had to offer. We had booked the Tropical Palace hoping to get many sunset photos to the west. We couldn't see the sunsets from ClubHotel. Also, since we had booked back in January, we thought we would get a room with a balcony. It was on the main floor with a terrace and they didn't have a balcony room at the time. A couple hours later they offered a balcony room but it had been a long trip and we had already unpacked and were too tired to pack up again.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Bobbi
"Nice Hotel for the Price"
Overall I would say this hotel offers a great deal for the price. The only issue we had was the staff. Some of them appear to not want to help you and can even come across as rude at times. Otherwise, we found the hotel to be a good deal for the price. The buffet has plenty of options even for a picky eater. The rooms were in good condition and clean. The beach is nice other than the seaweed and mushy bottom. I got used to that after a day or two. I would say we would be repeat customers at this hotel despite some issues with had with the staff.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Nice hotel and beach"
Hotel was nice . Not enough specialty restaurants and very limited availability . Buffets were very good with large variety of food . Staff was friendly but entertainment needs improvement .
Other trip May 13, 2015
Judy
"First trip to Jamaica and many more to come."
This was our first time in Jamaica and we were thrilled with the experience. We are definitely going back and will probably stay at the same hotel. This hotel is supposed to close for remodeling and we look forward to seeing the improvements. Drinks are on the house is an understatement when you open the door to the room and find a liquor dispenser right above the mini fridge. Run, Gin, Vodka, & Scotch… Wow this was great. The purpose of the trip was to relax and enjoy the beach and weather and we certainly did so. Interestingly enough there were little to no bugs so enjoying the outdoors in the day or at night without the hassle of flies or mosquitos was a big plus. The ocean is calm and the water very clear and warm. Careful not to step on Bobby the sting ray (as we named him), he is about a foot and a half in diameter and about a 2 foot long tail. Sting rays are not aggressive and if you walk properly in the water it gives them time to swim away. The pool was very clean and also warm, this was nice to enjoy. Beach side and pool side seating had lots of covered areas to hide from the intense sun. Lots of +’s guys!!! Additionally another thing we loved about the layout of this hotel is that the beach is very close to the hotel and walking between room/restaurant/hotel/beach/pool was not a hassle at all. The barbeque pit on the beach was some of the best chicken we’ve ever had and the coconut party (coconut with run) to wash down the chicken was great.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Luis
"Good bang for your buck."
We stayed a week at Club Riu in Negril. The hotel is oceanfront, and everything is very clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There were a few things we didn't like (takes two days to get a reservation at once of the hotel restaurants, got bored with the food on the buffet, and of course being asked everyday if we would like to smoke Marijuana). Overall, however, it was a great trip, and we would not hesitate to stay with Riu again.
Other trip May 6, 2015
Cupcake
"Older hotel, needs to be refurbished."
It was my second time staying at this resort in the past three years. On both occasions there was a power outage in Negril. Turns out this time the cause was an accident that lead to downed power lines. All the other hotels had back up generators but this resort didn't. The front desk staff were informing us that they're having issues with the back up generator. This was the same reason they gave three years ago which leads me to believe that they do not have a back up power supply. The emergency lights didn't work either so we were literally in the dark for over an hour.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Spring Vacation"
Murky waters, please make sure that you do not step on the stingrays........ but we really enjoyed staying at the Riu for 8 nights.We love the music and spirit of Jamaican people. We will go back to Jamaica,but not at this hotel.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Hotel Club RIU NEGRIL"
ELECTRICITY kept going out in our room had to call a few times before they fixed the problem.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great time!"
Nice resort, bar in room needed stocked more often.Get rid if the cats wandering around..some of them are nasty looking. .snorkeling at the resort was great.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Derek
"Nice trip"
The entertainment was amazing! I didn't like that we called the front desk a few times to get a lizard out of our room, and they never came. The food was great and everything was fairly nice.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
lindsey
"Not impressed"
The day before we left, prior to dinner time, one of the caretakers of the property sprayed a cloudful of chemicals to (guessing) kills the gnats near beach, pool, and outside the building of our hotel building using a small john Deere vehicle .Not sure why this was done and what chemicals were used. It took three requests to get extra pillows and an extra set of towels so that we had enough towels for the four of us. One afternoon the power went out in the building we were staying in. We weren't able to book dinner reservations at any of the restaurants during our stay at a normal dinner time with two kids. The only time we could get was 9pm which we ended up not going to as it was too late. You had to get in line at 8am to book reservation for two days later. No one told us when we checked in.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
MQ
"Wonderful All Inclusive Resort"
It was a terrific time, we enjoyed our 7 night stay. Don't fly into Montego Bay on a Saturday.... it's ridiculously busy! We spent 3hrs in the immigration line. And then to depart on a Saturday sucked just as much. We were at the airport 3 hrs early and made it to our gate only 20mins before it departed!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Jamaica Vacation"
My experience at the RIU Negril was "WOW". Everyone on the staff was excellent. Nice and friendly and very helpful. Our room was facing the ocean. Very beautiful site to wake up to the sunshine and ocean breeze.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Deborah
"Wonderful staff! Great Resort!"
I took my girlfriend, and her two teenage sons (was there last week). The place was great! The restaurants and the food were all fantastic! Can't say one bad thing about the food. There were so many options for things to eat, still blows my mind that they can have that many things on a buffet, and have something for everyone, especially seeing as there were people from all over the world there. The beach was great! We managed to find 5 starfish while just walking in the shallows on the beach. The entertainment was phenomenal! Straight up Vegas style! The staff were all great! Everyone from entertainers, to bartenders, housekeeping, and front desk workers. All of them were kind, respectful, and practiced active listening. I also want to mention that all of the staff made it a point to talk to everyone in our group (4 of us), also made it a point to get to know us, answer any questions if we had any, and promoted activties at the resort. It was the best resort I've ever stayed at! - I won't even consider going back to Mexico - not even worth it after being spoiled at this resort. Another thing I would note would be the fact that I never had to wait for a drink from many of the multiple bars on the resort, and the bartenders were always smiling and more than happy to serve us.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Jon
"Fabulous Staff, lots of Fun"
We stayed at the Riu for 7 nights and had a blast. The rooms were nice, the staff was amazing. At every turn people were there to help. The entertainment was great for both us and our 11 year old child.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Amazing time and entertainment"
It was amazing . Not too much vendor on the hotel beach. Entertainment was amazing so much to do. I wish they was a schedule thou. we missed a few event
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"The staff were nice, activities were great"
Had a good experience, came for honey moon and will come again. The nightly performances were great, staff was pleasant and appear to leave like what they do.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
The resort was beautiful , the room needed to be cleaned more often with new sheets and towels . The reservations for the on site reservations needed to be done two days prior and the earliest time was 9pm unless you woke up at 730am to reserve , that was disappointing . Overall the staff was extremely pleasant. Resort was beautiful , entertainment was fun, food was great, pool bar and beach were perfect. I would stay again.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Would definitely return"
This hotel was excellent. The staff was friendly, rooms and grounds were clean, food was great. The beach was steps away from any part of the hotel. The only thing that could have been better is the rooms do need to be upgraded and I wish my room was cleaned a little earlier in the day.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Awesome staff and entertainment but the hotel needs some renovations.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Review"
It is ok, not great. The internet service is the worst travelers be ware! Internet is not free, you have to pay, if you wants free internet you have to sit in there lobby for 90 minutes. You cannot view your email or send in the convenience of your room while relaxing unless you pay per day. For this reason I will never stay there, I travel and this is how I keep I touch with my family and conduct my business.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Nice environment very vivacious and fun"
My stay there was awesome when it comes to staff, drinks were great, but food needs a revamp.
Nee
Everything good except my Husband and I ended up at the doctor for what the doctor diagnosed as bed bug bites when we returned home. We both had several bites on us at the resort. Casino needs to have all machines working all at one time. Very disappointed in the Casino. One night there were only 7 machines working. Expedia concierge Tracey very rude to us through out stay after cancelling a taxi through her. This continued throughout the vacation.
"weight lose plan"
When we arrived the reception desk informed us that they had upgraded our room from ocean front to ocean front suite. Fabulous room. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff at the hotel were all very helpful and friendly. We one night had our shower handle break and maintenance was in the room within an hour to replace the shower head. The front desk was always very accommodating when asked anything. The beach was great. The water pretty shallow even at the buoys. Snorkeling was decent around the grassy areas and rock. Puffer fish and sting rays were frequently seen. The specialty restaurant were very good. The bars were very efficient and the drinks were not watered down like most all inclusive. The area that really needs improved at this resort is the dinner buffet. Staffing levels were not adequate to maintain clean tables. The staff that were there were literally running from table to table to keep up. The other problem is that the food selection at the buffets was of poor quality. Over cooked and dried out. My other personal problem was that the ammentites in the bathroom. The shower gel / shampoo combo left my hair feeling like straw. So take your own shampoo, cream rinse, shower soap and lotion.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015