All hotels in Waynesville, North Carolina, United States of America
79 Liner Cove Rd, Waynesville, NC, 28786, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is all right
    Comfortable
    Service is poor
    Bad amenities
    Bad breakfast
"Horrid experience"
I made reservations thru Hotels.com, however when I checked in they had it very messed up. Took forever even though I had my confirmation, they tried to charge me more than my booking amount, has me listed for 1 night instead of 2. Finally got it straight and gave me the keys to a room. So with luggage and toddler I go to open door to the room on the 4th floor they gave me to find someone was in that room. What a horror. Then no coffee maker in room, go down to lobby at 7 am to get coffee and doors locked. I have stayed in several times over past few years since family live close. This hotel just gets worse. Will not be back.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Brenda
"Had a good time"
It was good me and two wife's we had a lot of fun we had a room on the back side me one bother use
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
george
I use the hotel when visiting family... it is easy to get to great staff and rooms are consistent... I have stayed here several times and will continue to return
3 night trip Dec 4, 2015
"Don't stay here"
The hotel was away from any conveniences. The vending machines did not work, so without any nearby convenience stores we were not able to get even a snack for our evening meal or for breakfast in the morning. The coffee in the office was not hot and not good.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Dorothy
"Family Visit"
I have stayed here twice and will stay again. The couple managing Hotel is very nice and helpful. This is not a fancy resort but if you are in the area for an economical vacation or to visit family and just need a place to sleep it is perfect. The view of mountains from the balconies is very nice.
6 night family trip Nov 15, 2015
Not Provided
"Great value for the price"
The WiFi wasn't that great and although it was advertised that there was a coffee pot in the room there wasn't and the service desk said that they were not allowed. It did have hot coffee in the lobby but nothing else besides oatmeal. Overall we were satisfied with the stay since the room was very nice and the bed quite comfortable. The balcony had a great view of the mountain and its foliage.
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Marilee
"Good value for the price"
We had a nice stay in the hotel, which appears to have recently been purchased/merged with Motel 6 based on signage. They're in the process of renovating, so there was a pile of lumber on the sidewalk but that's understandable. I loved having a balcony with rocking chairs, and the view (minus Lowes) was lovely. The carpet was sticky, which is why the room gets a 3 for cleanliness, but I'm betting it will be replaced by our next stay. And there will be a next stay--we felt it was good value for the price.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
"Nice place for the money"
The bed was awsome
1 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2015
Not Provided
"Good price, nice view, needs some attention"
Rooms have laminate floors which do not muffle sound from rooms above you. Walls were not completely painted down to the trim at the floor, extension cords being used for lamps and we're just laying against the wall, smoke detector was hanging off the wall. Guests above me were extremely loud and I called the front desk at midnight to have them check on the situation; the noise did stop about 10 minutes later but started back up around 630 in the morning.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
pamhs
Would not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Jerry
"Great view from cheap motel"
I was leary booking this hotel over the Internet but the price fit my budget during the fall's peak season. I figured this was just for one night so I took a chance. I was given the option to pick an updated room with new flooring so I took it. The only thing that was updated was the flooring and the paint on the wall but it appeared somebody walked off the job because the trim work/baseboards wasn't even finished. The room had a less than desirable smell and the smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling without a battery. When trying to check out at approximately 7:45 a.m., no one was at the front desk so we rang a desk bell several times before a woman seemed to drag herself out of bed. It appears the husband and wife who run the hotel may live there. The best part of this hotel was the views looking out from every room which had balconies.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"Quite hotel"
My girlfriend and I stayed here to watch a show at Harrah's, the room was nice and we had a nice view of the mountains, the room was clean and the only staff member I talked to was friendly, we booked thru Expedia but for some reason our reservations never made it to the hotel, luckily they still had a few rooms open
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
This was our second visit to this hotel. We came back because the beds were so comfortable last time, and they were again. The outside looks a little worn, but the inside of the room is fine. Although, there was not a coffee pot in the room and the clothes hanging rack was broken, we will probably come back.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
"Trip with mom"
This hotel is in a great spot, and the hardwood floors were nice. Fantastic view from the rocking chairs on the balcony. Only issue we encountered was with checkout. No one was at the counter. We ended up just leaving our keys and leaving.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Carolina
"ok"
room was clean but couldn't get internet minimum (1) soap & shampoo, location out of town, only a Lowe's store around
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
"A little dissapointing"
The walls seemed to be paper thin as we could hear people in the next room as if they were sitting right next to us. The refrigerator had a constant ticking sound probably coming from the compressor. Light bulbs were burned out in more than 1 lamp. The bath towels were small and thin. The continental breakfast consisted of coffee and two kinds of cereal.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Experience how a crackhead lives."
When I first arrived, late at night, I was happy to not have to deal with showing ID or even sign in. This should have been a sign. When we go to our room, the room smelled of smoke from previous occupants, the sliding glass door was open about eight inches and the screen was off the tracks and propped up against the outside wall. The carpet felt similar to Velcro. The next night I went to get towels. The receptionist came from another room wearing sleeping shorts and a t-shirt. When I asked for towels, she responded "Now?," to which I replied "Uh, yes." She then informed me that it was after midnight (true) and that the towels were on the fourth floor (shouldn't matter) and that I could have towels in the morning. The toilet paper was a joke, at best. I didn't know they made a half-ply toilet paper. I didn't even bother trying the continental breakfast since the five tables were in the lobby, placed directly in from of the sign-in counter. Lastly, the pool was a beautiful shade of green from whatever was growing in it. What made all this worse is the fact that the prices were 50% more than when we stayed approximately nine weeks prior, when the staff were quite a bit more helpful.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Creighton
"Just another cheap hotel that needs maintenance"
This hotel is ok, but it's apparent that the owner doesn't maintain the property as it should be. There is no road sign, so your going to have to pay attention to find the hotel. It appeared that they were in the process of being downgraded from a Super 8 to a Motel 6 when we were there, there was a Motel 6 banner covering the sign out front. The weather wasn't warm enough for swimming, which is good since the hotel pool was closed by the local health department. They had a sign posted that stated this, and the pool was green. There was trash laying around the property, including a TV, mattress and dresser in the woods behind the dumpster. So it was quite clear that the owner doesn't clean up the property. Hotels are all about the little things, like when I reserve a room with 2 queen beds I expect more than 2 towels. In summary, it's not a bad hotel. It's just poor quality and lacking maintenance. Don't stay here and expect a great experience, but it is a place to sleep.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Jerry
"Motel 6 not a motel 8."
Not a motel 8.It is a motel 6.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"over rated-would not stay again"
i choose to stay here because of the rating. well it is small has paper thin walls you could hear the water running in the next room. Service clerk is NEVER at the desk. Continental breakfast was a joke. the counter was nasty, no creamer or lids for coffee.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
pamela
not up to par
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Look for other options - price is high for quality"
Price was too high for quality of the room and location. This should have been about a $65 room and we were charged more than $130. Hotel overlooks the Lowes and a busy freeway. Entrance sign was broken/removed so driveway is easy to miss. Breakfast was provided but pickings were slim. No fresh fruit or yogurt. Only stale looking Danish - though you could make a waffle. We will look for other options next time we visit Waynesville.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"sight"
great view from balcony, new mattress, changing over from Super 8 to Motel 6.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2015
Jonathan
"The pool was closed by the health department."
We always look forward to a swim in a pool it was closed by the health dept that was not advertised on your website
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Tight parking."
Very limited parking. I had a truck with a trailer with enough room to barely turn around.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Good Place to stay"
Staff was very friendly and rooms were clean. I would definitely stay here again
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Second trip to this motel"
We were once again very happy with our stay at this motel. The employees were extremely friendly. Our room was clean, comfortable and especially dog friendly. The complimentary breakfast was enough to get us started each morning. The wireless internet was fast and easy to use. This time we were on the third floor with a beautiful scene out of the window. An elevator was close so the third floor was great. Hotel.com got us great prices.
2 night trip Nov 27, 2013
Tarheelbookworm
"comfortable"
My family was very comfortable at super 8. The only drawbacks were navigating the steep slope drive in the iced conditions, television seemed to be a throwback from the 90's and a few cobwebs at the ceiling line. Other than that it's clean and affordable. Tracy Norton Ann Arbor Michigan
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
Tracy Norton
Check-in was extremely easy and quick. View from the balcony, though marred somewhat by the busy road below and a couple of businesses that were also visible, was still nice, with the mountains in the distance; it wasn't too difficult to just ignore the non-beautiful parts and see the mountains. Staff was quick to try to deal with the only problem we had (wifi didn't work at first). Breakfast area was clean and we appreciated the availability of choice (not huge, but sufficient, and no sweet rolls, which I think is a plus. Most of us don't need the added lure of pastries). It's nice to have the elevator for carrying bags up but also to have the stairs for other times. The hotel is located only about a couple of miles from pretty much any restaurant or store you might need while in the area, and is a relatively easy drive away from other locations of interest. Overall, for a very affordably priced hotel in this area, Super 8 was a great choice.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Great view of the Smokies"
Very Reasonably priced accomodations. Comfortable and about 30 minutes from both Asheville in one direction and Cherokee in the other direction. We had rocking chairs on our balcony and were able to watch the sun come up in the fog of the mtns. Simple but adequate Breakfast bar.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Bill W
We checked in late at night and the attendant was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ready and enjoyable the next morning.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Shannon
Everything was great
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2013
John mendoza
"There is a good view on balcony to see the valley."
The entrance of the hotel gave me a deep impression of the Indian culture in the Great Smokey Mountain. A high location makes it a good view to the scenery.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Grand
A bit off the interstate. A bit dated but very well kept. Clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Ron
"Mountain view"
Great price and great view!!
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
steve
"Rude staff and room accomadtions were not right."
We asked for adjoining rooms because we have small children and we did not get them. The hotel staff said expedia did not communicate my room needs to them. When we were checking in it took more than 45 minutes to check in because there was a problem with the payment. Hotel staff was very rude and made no effort to help fix the problem. I had to call expedia and get them to call the hotel to fix the problem.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Melony
"great value"
clean room-- very good value. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Larry Fisher
Everything was great, except I didn't get a wake up call. ( I got up early. I might have been in the shower.) I was quite satisfied.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Great Hidden Value"
Wonderful gem of a hotel. One exit from major attractions (closer by backroads). low rate. Clean. Great beds! Wonderful staff. I'll be back.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Best location, Quality rooms"
Nice location, great room and facilities. Clean. Helpful staffs.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2013
"Oak"
Not as nice as I thought it would be for the price. Said heated pool but it wasn't. It was closed and about 84°.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"A few problems, but very nice overall"
First, the minuses - hairs in the sink and a dead bug in the AC unit. The sliding screen out to balcony was off its track; very disappointing, because I wanted the mountain air. Had to wrestle it into precarious position. Also, the receptionist got me mixed up with someone else and gave me the wrong receipt (only last four digits of credit card divulged, fortunately.) Having said all that, I would say that the pluses far outweigh the minuses. Every room has a mountain view and balcony. The room was large and comfy. Price was right, breakfast good. I'd recommend this hotel if you can live with a little imperfection.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
carol
Would have been a decent motel if everything worked, but the elevator was out of service, I couldn't connect to the wi-fi and we only could get 7 of the tv channels even tho we were supposed to get 50 or more. If I ever go back to Waynesville, I will be staying somewhere else.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
brailing
"Super 8"
Quiet place. Enjoyed our stay. Really enjoyed the balcony. Only bad thing the pool was closed.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Nice mountain view for the discounted prize."
Room is clean in general but carpet does not feel clean. Bedspread can use some updating also. The discounted prize via Expedia made overlooking these shortcomings easier.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Pretty decent hotel for the price."
We arrived at about noon on July 13th. No early check-in however, the clerk was nice and suggested places to have lunch. He took our phone number and called us to let us know that our room was ready. e stayed for the weekend (sat. and Sun.). The room was comfortable and very clean but room is very plain, could probably be updated. The beds were comfy and I liked the wood floors as opposed to carpet. Also enjoyed the balcony, (each room has one). But the breakfast leaves alot to be desired, but there is a Shoney's restaurant right across the expressway. Over all, good experience.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Michele
"Nice Place"
I enjoyed my stay. Loved my balcony w/ rocking chairs. Breakfast was simple but more than enough for me. The rooms were very clean even in such a humid environment. Glad that my floors were hardwood/laminate & tile.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"WNCCUMC 2013 CONFERENCE"
ROOM WASN'T VERY CLEAN AND HAD ISSUE WITH PLUMBING. POOL WAS FULL OF ALGE AND LOOKED AWFUL AND IS IN FRONT OF HOTEL SO YOU HAVE TO SEE IT AS YOU ARRIVE AND LEAVE. DESK CLERK WASN'T VERY FRIENDLY, SNACK MACHINE WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY, NOT ENOUGH PARKING IN BACK, WON'T CONSIDER NEXT TIME
4 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
"Lake Junaluska location is great!"
Well designed room arrangement, best handicap facility, friendly, professional staff.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"O.K. but..."
Housekeeping was great, but the use of air freshener was excessive. Room was adequate, but I could hear alarm clocks going off in the rooms beside me. Balcony view to the west was great for sunsets, but the traffic noise was so loud kinda defeated the point. Coffee in the morning in the office was great but the staff person was borderline rude. It was o.k. but it could have been so much better.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013