All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
707 Pacific Street, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very convenient place, very quiet with a nice deck for breakfast.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Golfing the Peninsula"
Perfect overnight stay for golf and bridge. Quiet, safe, convenient locale, good breakfast and accommodating staff. We shall return!
1 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2014
Great place to spend our Honeymoon,we had a wonderful time
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Great place to stay. We were there for only 1 night but it was a great location (just 5 minutes walk to the Wharf). We had a great room on 3rd floor overlooking the creek and the fireplace was a nice treat in Fall. Loved the evening cookies and hot chocolate. Short drive to aquarium and Cannery Row.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Philip
"Close to the wharf"
This hotel is not anything to write home about. It really didn't feel any different than stay at a motel 6, except the size of the room was bigger. The thing best about this hotel is that it's within walking distance to the wharf & because everything in Monterey is paid parking with a 2 hour time limit this is a very nice feature.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Good location, good value"
Everything is good enough. Location close to downtown is especially good.
JimM
"Nice hotel close to old town Monterey."
Arrived at 930 pm and the clerk was very nice and welcoming. There were fruit and cookies and hot water for tea. My room had a fireplace which made it feel nice and cosy. The building is old and not plush like Marriott, but I was there for a conference and didn't need fancy.Just needed a convenient and inexpensive place to sleep. Liked that the price was half of Marriott or Portola and parking was free. Room had a microwave and fridge too. Unfortunately the cable box was a bit c of using so I didn't get to see the local news before I fell asleep.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Great value to the room rate"
Great place to stay for a trip to Monterey. Good value to the room rate. Walking distance to downtown restaurants.
2 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
May
"I would stay here again"
The good: -awesome room -First room with a Fireplace -super quiet [ we were on the 3rd floor] The bad: [not really that bad ] -TV was unplugged and had to do mess with it. -Nice to have a free breakfast but it was not desirable.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Travis
"Very good hotel"
Great hotel with that price
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2014
Yao
"Not worth it..."
I don't know how this was rated as "excellent". My bed was hard, the pillows were old and lumpy, and my thermostat didn't really work properly. The guy at the front desk was nice, and promptly came to the room to tey to fix the thermostat. Unfortunately, he failed to tell me how to turn on the shower (trust me - it's anything but intuitive and i've stayed in hotels all over the world)...
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Christina
"Excellent hotel."
The Colton was an excellent mid-level hotel for the cost. It was a cute place with a very nice room that was certainly up to our standards of cleanliness. The staff was very helpful and the morning breakfast was adequate. Would certainly stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Bryant
Our stay at the Colton Inn was very enjoyable. The location was great - quiet and a reasonable walk from restaurants and the wharf area. The staff was friendly and helpful. The furniture was somewhat dated but beds were comfy, and the bathroom appeared to be recently remodeled with new tile and sinks. Only drawback was no AC or ceiling fans but the room had plenty of windows and the nights were pleasantly cool even during an unusual heat wave. I would definitely recommend to others.
9 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Catherine
"Not a luxury hotel, but a good choice"
In Monterey there are so many things to do and places to see that there is little need for a lot of amenities. If it is a spa, fine dining, room service hat you need then this is not the place for you. They have none of those. If you want a clean room, conveniently located, free parking and a friendly helpful staff then the Colton Inn is the place.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Quiet and Comfortable"
Room was large and clean. Nice beds my only gripe is that there is no air conditioning so a well placed ceiling fan would have been nice.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
JoAnn
"Loved the location!"
I usually like to stay closer to where I am visiting, but this hotel was very nicely located within the city. The hotel is an older building (no a/c) but they keep it up nicely. The breakfast is a nice spread, and they have munchies available in the evening. I would definitely come back!
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Christina
"Dirty room!"
Where to begin the room was very dirty! There were multiple stains on the bed and floor, the bathroom shower head kept falling and there was no air conditioning. Thank God it was only one night! The only good thing about the hotel is it's location.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Very poor ventilation made sleep difficult"
Nice room on ground floor, but, on main guest terrace, near reception, and only ventilation was from sliding doors. Not great for security to leave door open at night to get fresh air, so, stifled and slept very poorly. Asked for another room, but, none available and told no hotels in Monterey ave air conditoning.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Nice Hotel a few blocks from anything in Monterey!"
My room at the Colton Inn was clean and comfortable. My room was on the outside corner and so I had a little more noise than I would have liked. There is a large patio with tables and umbrellas so you can eat your continental breakfast or bring in a meal to eat. Or, you can sit outside to enjoy the wonderful trees and feel the breeze on your face! The staff was very helpful and pleasant to the guests. If you're looking for a full-service hotel, this would not be your choice as there is no restaurant. The Colton Inn is located just a few blocks from the business area of Monterey. There is a wonderful choice of restaurants of all price ranges and many ethnicities. Check-in and check out were easily accomplished. Bottom line, if you're expecting the Ritz, please check in at one. If you'd like to stay at a nice little hotel for a more reasonable rate, I think you'll be happy at The Colton Inn.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"just ok"
The location was good, the place was clean but dated. For example the room had a over stuffed leather chair, very comfable but it also had wear spots aand 4 each split. The staff was not freindly but got the job done.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Barry
Good quality with affordable price
3 night trip Sep 15, 2014
No air conditioning. Hot at night.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
"Average but costly"
Room was an attempt to update an old motor inn. Room was clean, but TV did not work upon check in. Front desk clerk condescendingly told me I was using remotes wrong, even though there was sound, no picture, and lines running down the middle of the screen. 15 minutes later a maintenance man came and checked the TV out, left and returned with another. Had to help him hook it up. Not a completely terrible experience but for the money I will stay another place next time. Very firm bed, if that is what you like. Close to all the things to do in Monterey, which is nice.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Duke H.
"Clean but outdated furniture and appliances."
Please print that this property don't have any AC. The patio door was left open to get some air flow the whole 24 hrs. Bad during the day when hot and humid. Ceiling fan is located in the corner of the room and not by the beds????? Breakfast could be better. Coffee run out and have to wait to get some caffeine. Some breads were kind of stale. Had breakfast someplace else. Won't stay at this hotel again or recommend to anybody.
3 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Larry E.
"Great little place"
We stayed with our three kids for two nights. They had a bed set up for my daughter when we arrived and she loved it. the hotel is small and cozy. We really liked it. The location was close to everything but back out of the way of busy traffic. The staff was very nice and they have movies to rent for free. I would stay there again. Great value for the price
2 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"perfectly functional"
nice little motel in Monterey. Walking distance to Peet's and Trader Joe's and a variety of restaurants. Always had good quality, fresh fruit available. Cookies in the evening. Breakfast was spartan, but not unexpected. If bagels,cereal and fruit works for you, hooray! Very comfortable mattress. Large room. Right by a fire station, which was busy on a holiday weekend. woken by the siren a few times.Parking a little tight for a large SUV, but spaces always available out front so not a problem. I'd stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
Kitty C
"Not Worth the High Ratings"
My husband and I saw high ratings for this hotel so we chose to stay there for our anniversary weekend. The location wasn't within walking distance of Cannery Row as it says. But it is a short and easy drive. The location is nice in that it's away from the hussle and bustle of the tourist area. However, it's across the street from a fire station! Luckily they never ran their sirens, but just the sounds from the station were loud. And there was construction at the hotel. The bed was the worst part. I still have a crick in my neck. It was very hard. The mattress was like a trampoline. Any time one of us moved the other person got bounced around. We got very little sleep. Whenever someone ran water in their room it sounded like a fog horn, minus a few decimals. The staff was friendly. The rooms were very clean. It was fairly inexpensive for the area.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Jenny
"Great Value"
It's in a convenient and yet quiet location. We really like the two-sink facility. My children love the cookies from free evening snacks. The only disappointment was I was never able to connect my Windows and Android devices to the Wi-Fi network. iOS sometimes connected but mostly too slow to work.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Strawman
"perfect"
The staff was very friendly. Two blocks from town. Absolutely loved the beds. Very quiet, quaint place. It wasn't a very elaborate place, but for a relaxing vacation…it was great. Loved the "COOKIE HOUR"…..Thanks Colton Inn…….PS-I never give a great review of any hotel, this was the first for me.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Good price, but run down"
We chose this location for our one night stay because we could easily walk to the Free Trolley and visit the Aquarium and Wharf. Our room was large but outdated. The carpet outside of the bathroom was wet (we notified the front desk and their response was that they would note our account). Not too impressed with that, but we didn't want to spend time switching rooms. The reason the floor was wet became obvious when we used the shower - note the shower head was at about 5 feet so we had to duck. Water sprayed everywhere. We had a view of the trees and saw a deer sleeping outside of our window. Not a bad stay, just wouldn't choose it if I had other options in the same price range. Breakfast was meager. Again, the price and location were right, but I did not have a luxurious experience. Manage your expectations if booking here.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Taylor
"Great time"
We love this hotel, just a short walk to the wharf and down town.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
marilyn
rooms need some type of ventilation, no air conditioning.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Good place to stay in Monterey, reasonable rates"
We stayed 2 nights at Colton Inn. We arrived to a frazzled desk manager who was trying to handle a disaster in one of the rooms due to a careless guest that made the 2 rooms inhabitable. The check-in line grew as we waited, but everyone was patient given the circumstances. The result: we were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite with its own jacuzzi! Aside from our room being situated between the breakfast patio and the laundry room (HA!), it was quiet and comfortable when it needed to be. The front office offered a free continental breakfast and had free coffee, tea, fruit and snacks during the day. The staff was friendly and helpful. We could see where the place could use a few upgrades to fixtures, but it didn't detract from our visit.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Greg J.
"Quiet cozy inn"
We had a fantastic time at the Colton Inn. It was close to all of the main attractions but far enough away to feel private and relaxing. I particularly enjoyed the area it was located in--a neighborhood that had all of the comforts of home close-by: a pharmacy, a Peets coffee, and a bookstore! The perfect getaway weekend. Another plus? No perfumey air-freshners or detergents in the room, just the smell of wood and wilderness. If you have allergies to scents or perfumes, this is the perfect hotel for you!
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2014
"Monterey visit"
Nice stay in a good location in Monterey. Room was comfortable and small balcony was nice.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Karl
I've been to the Colton Inn several times and really appreciate the consistency--friendly staff, clean rooms, good amenities--continental breakfast, free wi-fi, etc. A nice, familiar place that's homey when coming to Monterey.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"One Night Monterey"
Our stay was short but comfortable. Location was fine, a short drive from aquarium. The Beds are hard but the room was clean. Had an issue with the lock/key which was taken care if right away. Gave us a new room.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Cindy
"Great value!!"
Very clean, comfortable, convenient, and priced right!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Ian
"Vacation weekend"
Had a relative visiting Cali for first time wanted to do a lot in the Monterey area and the Colton Inn seemed like a good location good price & offered non-smoking rooms. Hotel is a bit older but clean. Wow rooms had NO cigarette odors! & no-smoking signs were posted around that area :-) fantastic! The Manager & staff were friendly & professional. Continental breakfast was nice. I read the last several reviews which helped me decide on the Colton Inn. Reviews are very important that's why I'm writing mine. I'd recommend the Colton Inn.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Survivor
"Very satisfied"
The Colton Inn is great. The staff was friendly and the amenities are exceptional for the price. Free continental breakfast, free cookies and tea/coffee in the evening, a fireplace in every room, and a decent assortment of movies when you just want to wind down in the evening. Highly recommended!
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"Great location!"
Colton Inn is in a quiet location just a few blocks from Fisherman's Wharf. Parking is a little tight in the parking lot, but there's more parking curbside. Overall, our experience at Colton Inn was great. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Better than expected"
The room was clean, comfortable, and pretty quiet. The location was nice; just a few blocks from shops, coffee, restaurants. Decor and furniture is older. But this was just a really good value in terms of a decent room in a nice location.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great service but bad hotel condition"
The value that you get for the price you pay is great. The rooms are VERY spacious. However, the walls are incredibly thin. You can hear EVERYTHING in the rooms above or surrounding you. Also, the warm water runs out when others are using it. It felt like staying in an old apartment building. The staff was very friendly but I wouldn't necessarily consider staying here again.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Great place with comfy bed. Only complaint was the blanket. There wasn't a comforter but more like a homeless shelter blanket.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
"Good Location and Quiet"
We were very impressed with the cleanliness and size of the room. Great beds and our room had a nice view of a "green" area of trees. Very tranquil. The only thing that could have been nicer was the bathroom, which was in need of paint. Very nice continental breakfast and afternoon snacks included. We walked to the wharf for dinners, but it is about a half mile. Overall, a very nice stay. Would return.
3 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2014
jaydgee2
"You get what you pay for"
We stayed here for just one night, so it was bearable. The hotel had dirty carpets in the hallways and in the room. Although the showers were hot, they were hard to use. The location is walking distance from Fisherman's Wharf, but it's on the outskirts and there are homeless people nearby.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
Nice hotel, good location and clean rooms. I gave staff a just OK review because apparently the manager was having a bad weekend and took it out on staff, one behind the counter and one over the phone and a little short with a guest calling in, sure I do not know the whole story but his criticism could have been done alone or at least while guests were not able to listen. Other than that a nice place.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Nice central location."
We wanted a clean hotel with comfortable beds and central in Monterey. The Colton in delivered.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Lydia
"Great value. Near downtown."
Nice sized, clean, modern room with comfortable bed. Hotel is on a quiet street but near downtown. Breakfast was minimal and lobby small but could take food to room or patio in back if weather is good. Even better, the hotel is just a minutes walk from a Peet's coffee.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
BD
"Room"
Everything was great! But the shower sucked. The head did not spray well. Other than that, we LOVED our stay
Other trip May 31, 2014