All hotels in Carson City, Nevada, United States of America
801 S Carson St, Carson City, NV, 89701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good hotel, large comfortable rooms. Came for a race, the hotel opened up breakfast early for runners. Great overall experience.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Good stay"
Very good, no problems
1 night trip Jul 18, 2015
R
"Older but nice hotel, good value"
We stayed two nights in the main building with the lobby and breakfast. The breakfast was excellent and they had it ready at 2am for our event, the Tahoe Rim Trail run. Our friends stayed in another building in an older kitchenette unit. Our room and bathroom were very spacious and clean. Comfortable queen bed but only two pillows. The AC unit was a little old and loud, otherwise no complaints.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Sean
"Poor choice for even one night."
They advertise WiFi but the only time it worked was down in the lobby. When I spoke to the clerk about it not working on the third floor she said I was welcome to come down to the lobby and sit in one of the chairs and connect. She also said she would leave a note for the manager but I was never contacted about it. Also there was no premium movie channel like HBO or Showtime. Lastly the carpet in the room was so dirty that after walking barefoot during the evening and stepping into the bathtub I left two black footprints in the tub that would not rinse away. I will not be staying here again.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Carson city"
Enjoyed stay,
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Arthur
"firstklass"
This was an excellent stay.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"A little training required!"
Booked on Hotels.com with no knowledge of this hotel except price was right for 1 night stay. Greeted by very friendly desk lady. Pleasantly surprised by cleanliness of room...but was not thrilled that A/C was not on when we arrived and room was about 85-90 degrees for the 2 hours it took to cool down. Also, the employees watching over breakfast could be overheard making rude remarks about a guest not knowing the rules about not taking a little box of cereal out of the room. We saw the guest throw the unopened cereal in the trash, and are guessing he won't be back!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Won't stay again"
I read the reviews (warily and slightly disbelieving them) before I booked this hotel and gave it a chance because, frankly, there are not a lot of choices in Carson City, NV and I go there for business at least once or twice a year. I really should have trusted my instincts here...I seriously do not understand how anyone could give a rating of 4 or higher. I had a "suite" room which had a separate bedroom, kitchenette, with stove/oven, and a living room space. There were no cooking amenities of any kind, there were no pots, pans, plates, cups, silverware, nothing. I fail to see the point of having a kitchen when there is nothing to cook with. When I went to bed, the sheets had black marks on them and looked rumpled, as if they had been slept on. Unfortunately, it was around midnight, so I didn't really want to switch rooms. I will give credit, however, that when I requested the sheets be changed because they appeared dirty, they were changed that day. In general, the sheets just looked old, everything looked old. Earlier reviews said the rooms had been redone but I must not have gotten one of those rooms. I would definitely not stay here again. For the price, I'll spend a few more dollars and stay elsewhere.
3 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Great hotel. Wonderful & friendly service. Delicious hot & cold breakfast with two gentleman who will get you anything you need.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Cory
"Beware, check room before booking"
the room was very out dated and the bed was OLD and had a place in the middle that everybody would roll into. The shower/tub did not drain. After a 1 minute shower the water was up to your ankles. took 15 minutes to drain and after it did there was a back up around the water rings! YUCK Needs a lot of help!
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
lucio
The bed was truly horrible, broken ice machine, and two thin worn out pillows. We got less than three hours sleep and felt horrible when we left.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Antonio from St Augustine, Florida Our desk is open 24 hours for this very purpose, if you are unhappy with your accommodations we will make every effort to assist you in relocating to a room that is satisfactory. We have several ice machines through out the property and apologize you were inconvenienced with the one ice machine that was down. We appreciate your feedback.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Antonio
nice room clean, good people at front desk
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Scott from Delhi Calif. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a nice 4 star review. And pleased you enjoyed your stay and our Staff. Please come again when you are in this area, we thank you for your patronage!
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Good place to stay for themoney."
This was an older hotel and did not have some of the conveniences of other hotel rooms, such as coffee in the room. But for the price, it was very good. The people were very nice and helpful. Also, the location close to downtown Carson City is great.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear anonymous, Thank you for your nice review of the Carson City Plaza Hotel. We have coffee/tea's for our guests 24/7 in the Lobby of the Hotel. And for the rooms that do not have coffee pots, if you request one when checking in or after you have checked in we can have one brought to your room.. We are centrally located in the Heart of downtown Carson City, where we are within walking distance to several local restaurants and venues. Thank you, and please come again when you are in the Carson City area.
12 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nothing Special"
Stayed at this hotel for a school field trip. Although State Capitol was conventiently in walking distance it was to worth the discomfort of the room. Beds were worn and hard. Tub floor squeaked loud. Air conditioner did not work. Elevators take a long time, especially for only 3 floors. Breakfast was ok, kids seemed satisfied. Check in and out process was quick and easy.
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
"A wonderful visit"
This was our 2nd visit and another one is coming soon for grandchild graduation. Great stay as always. The staff and management are very kind and wonderful hosts.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Judith from Mountain View, We are so please that you and your Family enjoy your stay with us and that you are pleased with us overall. We look forward to you coming again. Thank you.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Judith
"Outdated"
Really really outdated. We had a lamp with out a lampshade that could be turned on with a string. The walls are paper thin, and you can hear everything. The staff was friendly enough, but that doesn't make up for the state of the room. Not worth 90 bucks a night.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Older hotel, room was clean, but bed, furniture and bath are dated. Breakfast was nothing to write home about.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Chrid
"Vegas Lady"
I was pleasantly surprised and pleased. We were received by a friendly and helpful clerk the evening we arrived. The hotel layout was very functional and convenient. When I mentioned that you did not serve decafe coffee, the person in charge of the breakfast area wasted no time in providing me with packets of decafe to make in my room. The staff (without exception) was very accommodating and pleasant. I would strongly recommend this hotel to any future guests. It is convenient to everything.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Ruth Ann from Las Vegas, We wish to thank you for such a wonderful 5 star review and that you were pleasantly surprised and pleased. Our goal is to have our guests feel at home while away from their's. We look forward to seeing you again.
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Ruth Ann
"Carson Plaza Hotel review"
Older hotel, very clean, great location, very helpful, friendly staff.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Ulrika from Las Vegas. We would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Carson City Plaza Hotel and staff.and pleased to here of your satisfaction. We appreciate you patronage and look forward to you staying with us again.. Thank you!
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Ulrika
"Disappointed, will not stay again"
Definitely would not recommend, based on cleanliness, old furniture, awful bed.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
RayDu4
"Happy with the Plaza"
We arrived to check-in and were treated very well and found the room to be perfect for our needs, and the staff/desk person was very helpful and knowledgeable. We slept very well and had a great breakfast there. We will stay there again when we're in Carson City.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Don from Moab, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased that you were Happy with the Plaza Hotel and Staff. We look forward to you coming again.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Don
"staycation"
The front desk receptionists were very nice both at check-in and check-out. The room was clean and didn't smell musty or smokey. We had 2 queen beds and one felt more like a box spring than a mattress so I'm glad we only need one. It was a great rate for our little staycation!
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Stephanie from Nevada Thank you for taking the time to give us a four star review. We are pleased you enjoyed our Staff and your stay. As the largest Hotel in Carson City, we are proud to offer a 100% NON smoking property to our guests.Please come again when your are traveling through the Carson City area.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"good and low cost"
It was good and worth for the money paid. They have to update few things like TV. Hot water was not at all coming in the morning around 8am.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you for your review! We currently are updating our TV's with flat screens. As the largest Hotel in Carson City, when we are full we do have a heavy demand on hot water and there are temporary issues with this and we are looking into resolving this as well. Thank you, and please come again.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Lost in the '70s..."
I really hate that you asked about my stay. Let's just say it was reminiscent of some of my lodging experiences in the 1970's. In fact, this location is still lost in the '70s. From the 19" TV, to the mattress, and even down to the little rose embossed soap; all vintage. Fortunately, I was alone and I figured I could endure anything for a few days. It was quite nostalgic. Medium rare waffles for breakfast. Internet that surely was hooked to a tin can on a string. "Little step" stairs. Well, it was an experience...
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2015
Rodney
"NICE PLACE IN DOWNTOWN CARSON"
have stayed here many times, and its always been a pleasant stay.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you for your five start review. It is nice to hear your stay is pleasant each time you return as well. Thank you, we appreciate your business and strive to maintain customer satisfaction. Please come again.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"bang for your bucks"
5 of us stayed in a standard room with 2 queen beds. we got a rolling bed for the 5th person for 10$ a night. also they charged 5$ for three extra persons which was very much reasonable.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you for taking the time to give us your 4 star review on your stay here at the Carson City Plaza Hotel. Please come again when traveling through this area. We appreciate your business.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
It was very busy weekend, so we got our room in 2nd building which is not remodeled yet. We heard rooms in the main building are in much better condition. Since we stayed only one night I would be brave enough to say it was ok.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you for your response, we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. Breakfast is in the main building and has inside room entry. And some rooms in building 2 still have the old televisions.And is outside entry to your rooms with no elevators.
"Great!"
Great service & helpful directions. Easy to find and close to capitol & museums. The entire area felt safe during the day and at night.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
We were pleased to hear your stay with us was pleasing and that our staff was helpful. Thank you, and please come again.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Room was extra large & quiet, despite being on the 1st floor. Great coffee shop next door.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you were are Happy to here you enjoyed our spacious rooms. The coffee shop is San Rafael and you should try there awesome scones.:)
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Value for my money"
Shopping for property in Carson City. Several stays over the months. A good bacon and eggs breakfast just across the street. AND yes the internet is spotty.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Michael from Marin County Thank you for your online response, we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us her at the Carson City Plaza Hotel. I'm glad to hear that you return as a satisfied customer. In case you are unaware of our continental breakfast served from 6am to 9am , please feel free to join us when staying here. We have contracted Charter communications to perform installations to improve our internet. We do appreciate your feedback.
3 night trip Jan 11, 2015
"PlazaCC"
The hotel is a bit on the old side but the service and cleanliness make up for it. Super friendly and accommodating staff. Best possible location for doing business with the state government. Will stay there again.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Stephen from Winnemucca, Thank you very much for your 5 star rating. We are pleased to hear your stay with us was very positive and accommodating. We are also glad to hear you will come again, We look forward to seeing you again.
2 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
stephen
"Comfortable clean cheap room"
Comfortable clean cheap room if you just nee a place to pass out after an all nighter.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Michael from Rio Vista, Thank you for your review on your stay with us at the Plaza Hotel. Please come again.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Carson City Plaza"
The only problem I had was that the wifi never did connect the entire three days I was there. The front desk staff was helpful, and so were the maintenance people, who helped me get the chains off my car (SoCal newbie to snow).
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Lynn from San Diego, Thank you for your review, we were pleased to hear you had a positive experience with our staff. In reference to your feedback on the internet, we have since your stay contracted Charter to rectify our internet issues. Please come again, we appreciated your business.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Lynn
"close to everything"
Great stay, clean, nice personnel, close to everything. Little holes in the bed sheets, poor complementary breakfast, but, can be improved.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
rodolfo
"Hotel near to Lake Tahoe"
It was my second time in the Hotel, i like it because is not expensive and near to lake Tahoe, it is comfortable and like in my first time every thing was easy since the moment we arrive.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Carlos
"good and clean and quite"
good and clean and quite
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your 5 star rating, we appreciate you, please come again.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"G"
Wifi not good
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Quansheng from China, Thank you for your online feedback, We are currently contracted with Charter Communications to work on improving our wifi!
3 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
quansheng
"one night stay"
Was for New Years Eve, a lot of noise on the second floor early the next AM. Kids running, yelling, jumping... Was ok for 1 night's stay...
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you for your review, as the Larges Hotel in Carson City we were 100% full and New Years Eve was a Holiday for celebration. Our curfew hour generally is a 10 pm with a 24 hour staff that will assist you with any issues you might have. In lieu of the Holiday, although we do no tolerate loud/noisy after hours. When we are notified we try an handle immediately
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"Stay away!"
The hotel was old and gross. The hotel staff were really weird and I got the "Bates Motel" creepy feeling from them. The bed was very old, squeaky, and uncomfortable, and the breakfast was laughable and quite sad. Never staying here again.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Lorna
"nice place near the lake tahoe"
nice place near the Lake Tahoe , reasonable price, good room condition but very crowded in breakfast.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Billy
"Good...!!!"
Had a little bit of internet connection issues earlier, but was resolved by the friendly staff.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you for your "good" review. We have brought in Charter and made some major changes to improve our internet. Please come again and see for yourself. We do have a "Great Sttaff"!!!
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Pradeep
"Carson Plaza Hotel Review"
I really liked the Carson Plaza suite that I booked. The room was very spacious and had a nice sofa and table breakfast area. The bathroom was very clean and very nice soap and shampoo.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Tom from El Dorado Hills, So pleased to read your comment/review on your stay with us at the Carson City Plaza Hotel. We often have guests upgrade to a King suite who are looking for more space. With a kitchen and separate living room it allows more room for entertainment or if you are just looking for your own space. Please come again when traveling through the Carson City area.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
Nice place for the price. High sealing, clean, friendly staff. Breakfast can be better
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Horrible"
Room was dirty, breakfast was minimal, bed and pillows were really old it was really uncomfortable. I don't recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Carson City Plaza Hotel"
Everything went smoothly, from a late check in to check out. The only problem was that the wifi would not connect on any of my devices.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Lynn
"you get what you pay for.."
Rooms didn't get cleaned two of the four days stayed. There was grime on the table when we checked in. I took a towel and wiped off the arms on the chair and thet towel was literally black after. Old beds, old pillows, strange smell. Very friendly staff, but overall unclean and in need of investment/upgrade.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Preferred hotel after the first stay"
I don't know why the star rating on this hotel is so low. The lady at the front desk, i don't remember catching her name, was more than delighted to help me with my room reservation. She made sure that everything was okay and gave us everything without asking. She was a joy to talk to and checking in couldn't have been better! I highly recommend considering the price and location. S Carson St., is ridiculously long but it has most, if not all, the services that you need from car repair to restaurants of almost every culture. Great staff, great hotel, definitely coming back again for my annual visit.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Dear Arthur from San Leandro, Ca Thank you for your wonderful review and so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and while visiting in Carson City. Thank you for your patronage and please come visit us again while in the Carson City area.
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
Arthur
"a great deal - absolutely no motel feel"
Very good deal for the price. Was pleasantly surprised. Room quite warm and comfortable, not a motel feel at all.very convenient location : Virginia city a hidden gem; lake tahoe 40 mins driver through a scenic route ; must stop by at Lake spooner, esp during winter. No complaints from the family.
Response by Carson City Plaza Hotel and Event Center
Thank you Anonymous for rating us 5 star, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our central setting in the heart of downtown Carson City Nevada. Please join us again while in this area. Ask our desk about the many venues for your next stay.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Improve"
Needs improvement
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Carson city over night stay"
Holidays overflow in Lake Tahoe this hotel was reasonable priced. Friendly and helpful front desk personell took care of our needs.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014