All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2045 Kalakaua Ave., Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Waikiki is amazing"
I was at the Luana for six days in July. Many pluses: GREAT Location + Very Helpful Staff + Happy Hour Mon/Wed/Fri + Fridge and Safe in the Room No terrible negatives, but I found the main service perfunctory and the AC was pretty noisy.
6 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Lovely hotel. Great staff. Great location to the quieter beach of Waikiki. The park between the hotel and beach is beautiful and very safe to stroll at any hour.
9 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Joshua
"Nice Property"
Last minute booking through Hotels.com. Location is very nice, just a 5 minute walk from the Beach at the west end of Waikiki. Double Queen bed suite came with a mini-fridge, china and utensils so if you wanted to make some small meals/re-heat food in your room you could. Staff was very helpful. Parking was $35 a day but again, very easy and quick to get your car in and out.
4 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Old fashion "Aloha" found here"
Though this is an older establishment, you will find true old fashion "aloha" spirit here.Everyone is very helpful from the first point of contact until you bid them a 'mahalo' on the way out. The location is good and especially nice having Fort DeRussy next door. They offer ice cold 'fruit water' all day and coffee/tea laid out. My 'partial ocean view' room on the 6th floor was spacious, quiet and offered exactly that with Fort Derussy below the room. Cofee Bean and Tea Leaf is across the street as well as an ABC store and local store to pick up needed things. A free shuttle will pick you up out front to take you to various places on the route. I was here for business so I didn't use this. I did go across the street to Vic's for a glass of wine and wonderful dinner of grilled mahi mahi and took advantage of an excellent salad bar. Price was VERY reasonable. I would have given it a 5 star but housecleaning was spotty. The floor was sand gritty upon arrival and housekeeping didn't show up until 4 pm the next two days. Nothing replaced (tea bags, etc) second day but much better 3rd day (including floor). My room had a kitchenette type arrangement which I really loved. I would definitely stay here again if not staying with family.
3 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Kind of a dated place. Small pool.
4 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Kaja
"Overall, recommended. Good value."
Staffs are friendly. Good location. Bed is comfy. Unfortunately, the sofa bed got lots of dirty stain, kind of worry to sit on it. We had to cover it with towels before we sit.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Cheon Woei
"Overall good experience!"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The amenities were nice. The pool wasn't very big, but it served it's purpose. Our view was amazing! We had a partial ocean view with a kitchenette and it was more than expected. The bed was decent, but the room lacked updates. The furniture overall seemed pretty old and worn. My only issue with the cleanliness was that it seemed as if the maid didn't sweep our floor at all since there was a always sand all over the floor. Also, the only parking is valet which is $35 a night on top of the resort fee and nightly rate which seems a bit much since I wouldn't consider this a resort. I would consider staying here again though.
9 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Plenty of Aloha at the Luana"
The staff was excellent and exemplified aloha! The rooms were very nice. Loved our partial ocean view. Convenient location. We will return.
4 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Very Pleased"
Great location. The hotel common areas are a little dated; however, our rooms were great.
6 night family trip May 13, 2015
Cheryl
"Aggies 2015"
We booked our room at the last minute. We received a gorgeous room with a large patio and a magnificent view. The Hotel staff was wonderful. They were helpful and friendly.
4 night family trip May 7, 2015
"WONDERFUL HOTEL WITH OUTSTANDING ACCOMMODATIONS"
This stay has been incredibly comfortable and Hawaiian beautiful! Thank you Hotels.com's phone representative, TRAVIS for a great recommendation. This place has exceeded my expectations. This hotel is gorgeous with very professional employees, such as the front desk employee, Saora, a nice young lady. Thank you for your kindness and professionalism. What a nice and clean establishment indeed. so many accommodating offers to suit my every need. I plan to stay here again for a long extended stay. Mahalo, Darryl W.
1 night trip May 15, 2015
Darryl Willis
"nice"
good location which is just the start of a shopping street, very near to the sea, but the parking is high
2 night family trip May 12, 2015
XIYUAN
"Home Away From Home"
This was a great hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was better than expected, believe it or not we did not want to come home. Don't let the distance from Waikiki fool you, it is very close. If you don't want to take the five minute walk, they offer a shuttle (Aqua Hospitality) that stops at all the main points of interest -- Free of charge. We requested an ocean view, expecting to get a view that would only be viewable from a window like normal hotels. However, our view was fantastic, we could see the ocean from every view. I could sit in bed and look at the ocean. I would say book it... We had room 907, I was very pleased and would request that room again. Huge windows, clean, updated, and views from both balconies.
6 night family trip May 6, 2015
JAVIER
"Family vocation for 7 nights."
We have a family vocation and stay for 7 nights. Everything is good. They made a mistake which cannot offer us a room with double queen beds, but they upgraded our room type with ocean view and provides an additional bed. The free DVD service is cool and kids enjoy it very much. The waiting time of elevator is a little long.
7 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
Chun Lin
"Great location, clean hotel at moderate price"
This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. Love the location! It's on the main strip, but not right in the middle of the craziness. A nice walk through the park will get you to the beach, everything within walking distance, or trollies available if you don't rent a car. Clean rooms, friendly staff. The only complaint was that the elevators take quite a while to get to you at times. Also I don't recommend the restaurant - we got the Kamehameha breakfast with a "ham steak", and it was two thin slices of lunchmeat...false advertising as far as I am concerned. We would definitely stay here again.
5 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Sherryl
"Slow elevator but otherwise good stay"
Overall the stay was nice. My main two complaints would be the slowness of the elevators and the sink didnt work in the bathroom of the suite we were in. Front desk was pleasant and called service once they were notified.
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
hope
"A bit noisy but everything else was great"
If you get a room with a city view, bring ear plugs. The garbage trucks start rambling down the street early with clanging banging metal. The hotel staff was excellent and very accommodating. Eugenia kept our room in order and provided extra touches - like a little more cream and sugar packets if you get the room with the kitchenette - which was really nice! My granddaughter left her bag (with souvenirs and money) unattended by our door and they promptly removed the "trash". When we notified them, they did everything they could to get all the contents back - even going through the entire trash container. Lucky her, she got her money and almost all the souvenirs (sans one cheap t-shirt). They were awesome keeping us informed almost every 15 min on their progress. I would come back here again and again and again.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Margaret
"Luana Waikiki Hotel"
Only Stayed 1 night but had a very pleasant surprise. Hotel was in the heart of shopping area and a short walk to the beach. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Note there is a $35 parking fee, which is common, if not required for all hotels in this area. Pool was the perfect temperature and very well maintained.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
J
"Nice Place"
We rented 3 rooms for 6 people.The rooms were well kept. The only problem I saw, it was hard to catch up with the shuttle. The resort fees were cheaper than most other places, However we did not use the amenities the resort fees were supposed to cover.
6 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Jacqueline
Good location. Toward end of Waikiki strip, so fairly quiet but still only 15-20min walk to heart of strip & beach. Nothing very fancy but very good for family (we have 2 teens).
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Very nice Waikiki Hotel Reasonably Priced"
This hotel room had a good layout with granite kitchenette countertop, microwave, stove, fridge, queen bed, and sofa. The balcony, which overlooked the busy street below was a bit noisy but with the slider open gave a nice breeze. Wifi worked well. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved the restaurant just off the lobby. The price was very affordable.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
JT
Hotel was a bit dated but staff were exceptionally friendly.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"kaanapali ocean Ino at the royal lahina"
I don't recommend staying at the ocean inn. When we firt went in to the room there was sand all over the bathroom floor. The AC I. The room would not stay cold. Also there was ants all over the counter by the coffee pot.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
syreen
"luana hotel Waikiki and suites"
The room was great! The front desk only had one person working at a time so check in and out had a long wait. The pool was closed at sunset wich I was not so happy about. Also they don't have any in house food places. So over all if your looking for somewhere to just sleep it is a great spot.
syreen
"Lovely hotel, nice location"
We had a three night stay at this hotel. The hotel is modern and comfortable. The city bus stop was right across the street which was convenient. The beach is a short walk away. We enjoyed the wine and cheese social hour that are held a few days a week. Matthew, the concierge, was very helpful in scheduling activities for us on a limited time schedule.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Terri
"Great hotel for the price!"
Nice hotel with helpful staff.The only thing that stopped me from giving Luana an overall 5 was that the pots and pans in our kitchete was a little worn and scratch up so we didn't use it.No matter what will stay at Luana on our next trip back to Waikiki!
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Simply Wonderful"
Had an ocean view suite with 3 female friends in this older but well maintained hotel with very nice staff, overall friendly vibe. Easy walk to beach & great that beach towels & chairs were provided. Everything worked well & it was quiet, clean, smelled good & we felt safe here. Free wine & cheese reception on Wed & Fri eve was fun. Great value; definitely would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Love to travel
"Shuttle service was great.Earl was awesome!!!"
Pool nice,staff very nice,helpful. patient. Had difficulties checking out. Math and language barrier. Other than that pleasant and clean. Aqua Shuttle service made our trip. Earl went out of his way to assist Us,and was actually a highlight of our trip.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Sunny
"OK"
A decent enough location if you don't want to pay the high prices to stay on the beach. There was an undisclosed $15 per day "resort fee" that covered such special items as pool, pool towels, internet etc...why don't they just add it to the price of the room?? A streetside room is quite noisy and beyond so if you want to leave the slider open, but the price goes up away from the street. And the room configurations of 2 queens, or 1 queen and a sofa bed with no guarantee for what you'll get is quite frustrating. The staff here is all quite young, and are very pleasant and friendly, but at times unable to solve problems or answer questions quickly..example the free shuttle with no set times, no description, and little information about how to use it, or straightening out a problem room situation. By the time the resort fee was added on for nothing we used we could have probably found a similar deal much closer or on the beach if we had looked harder. However this it was ok for the amount of time spent in the room, and would be great for families with kids who wanted to feed them breakfast and maybe lunch in the room or pack lunches for the beach to avoid eating 3 meals out.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Staffs are very friendly and helpful, location is good, every requirement and question are responded or answered very quickly . Like this hotel very much!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Hotel is within walking distance to beach"
We spent three nights. Toured the city and surrounding area and the Arizona Memorial by shuttle. The hotel location was convenient to our shuttle pickup point which was very nice. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Overall, hotel was nice. I just got a bad room. It was located on the side of the hotel where it was facing the main street and gas station. Extremely noisy, even at night. I had to use a "white noise" app that I downloaded for my phone in order to sleep at night (this was the first time I've ever done that when staying at a hotel). In hindsight, I should have asked to switch rooms, but I was only staying for 2 nights and I was not traveling for pleasure. The room was dated, but clean ... and hotel staff were extremely nice.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Luana"
I was up on 15 keeping traffic noise low! Valet parking and resort fees are getting expensive, after 5 years of only staying here for business, I am considering other hotels for that reason
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Timothy
Relatively good place, good staff, roomies pretty average. Cleaning staff were pretty average too
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Great hotel in Waikiki with many amenities including beach towels, dvd rentals, a free ticket for trolley transportation, and bicycle rentals. It is walking distance from the beach and many other awesome bars, shops, and restaurants in Waikiki.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Awesome place"
We stay at Aqua hotels all the time. Luana is the best.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Gus
"Luv the staff, location is great except the noise"
Hilton feels the need to destroy a beautiful park to put up a tower!!!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Pat
"great location"
We have stayed here before and return because of the location right on Fort Derussy park on Waikiki. As a result, unlike most of the hotels on Waikiki it has no buildings near it.We love waking up early and walking across the park to the beach. Our last visit we walked through the park to have dinner at the Halekulani hotel (we highly recommend the Orchid restaurant for special occasions). The staff is extremely helpful, and the rooms are equipped with a sink, dishes, fridge and microwave. Waikiki isn't our favorite part of Hawaii, but this hotel is our favorite place to stay when we are visiting Waikiki.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Waikiki Getaway"
Went here for my birthday weekend and was really happy that they honored my request to be put on the top floor. The amenities are good and so is the service but valet parking is a ripoff!! I guess it's just the touristy side of Honolulu since it's in Waikiki. Otherwise, HIGHLY recommend this hotel!
3 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Fructuoso
"Nice hotel. Great amenities."
We liked it. The room was nice and spacious. They have great amenities which are included in resort fee such as free movie, rent of bikes, bbq, pool, wi fi to name some. They offer you cooking and eating utensils, cups, plates and such which could be useful for bbq, but no kitchenette which is a bummer. It is close to the mall and 7 minutes away approx. from the ocean. Better deal than the other hotel we stayed in.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Pleasant hotel near shopping area"
My husband and I stayed here only one night. With little time to spend at the hotel, we couldn't take advantage of the amenities so it was less of a value. $35 valet parking, it isn't terribly close to the nice beach part but there is a park area adjacent (blocked under construction when we visited January 2015). The one important thing that bothered me was the shower - the head was too low (basically at my 5'8" height) and way too hard pressure.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Victoria
The location is great but the facilities are very old. Valet parking is the only option if you have a car and it costs 35 dollars on top of a 15 dollar resort fee.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Moldy bathroom, rude desk clerk, extra charges"
My husband and I checked in around midnight due to a flight delay and checked out at 10:00 the next morning. On arriving at the hotel, the parking attendant informed us that there would be a $35 charge for parking- a fact which was not mentioned on the website; at least he was friendly and pleasant. We walked to the front desk carrying our bags and met the stoney-faced glare of the front desk attendant who informed us that there would be an additional $15 "hospitality fee" to "cover the cost of in room coffee and hospitality". I told her that I did not plan to pay this charge. Because of the late hour and our fatigue, I did not walk out the front door which was my first response to her rude greeting. After signing a legalistic waiver in which we were charged a $100 "damage deposit", we finally arrived at our very hot, noisy room with an inadequate old room air conditioner. There was a sickeningly sweet, perfumed odor in the room, which was probably there to cover the smell from the bathroom which was completely overgrown with mildew. A quick glance at the kitchenette pretty well took away my appetite- also dirty. To their credit, the hotel did not charge the hospitality fee, but the price for this dirty room was way too high, in my opinion, and the high parking fee was irritating.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Tired
"Great staff, great location, great service!"
I chose the Luana Waikiki because it was reasonably priced and it was in walking distance from the conference that I was attending. The front desk staff (Ebony, Jordan, & Elton) was very helpful, pleasant, and professional. Their shuttle service helped me get around to other places in Waikiki. I would stay there again.
4 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
"Could have been better"
The cost for the hotel was high for the level of the hotel. It was expensive for what I would call an average hotel. It was the holiday season so I know the increase the cost because they can but it was still too high for this property. We had to change rooms as our first room had ants in the kitchen and on the wall. The houseman said he would handle it in the morning but we were not going to sleep there and wait until the morning. They should have offered to move us immediately instead of my having to ask to be moved. They also should have discounted our stay due to this problem.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Teresa
"Perplexed by the high ratings"
Both my partner & I are dumbfounded as to how this hotel has a 4.2 rating and is the #11 hotel in Honolulu. Yes it's in Waikiki & we were there In high season, so the high price was to be expected but we assumed the high ratings meant it would be an above average hotel. We were wrong. It had musty hallways, was located beside a gas station, the bed had scratchy sheets, the pillows were lumpy and the hotel made me feel like I'd been transported back to 1979. I know that might sound harsh but I think we have reasonable expectations. My partner is a pilot and stays in hotels about 14 days a month and we've also travelled quite extensively, staying in everything from hostels to 5 star hotels so have a good idea of what to expect when booking. This hotel was not what we expected. The fact that on top of the hotel rate, you'll pay extra taxes and resort fees when you check out made it even worse. I'd say only go here if you get a great deal. And don't be fooled by the pictures online - it's not as nice in person. Also not sure why they call it a boutique hotel, as it didn't feel boutiquey (unless that means dated) so definitely do not come with expectations of that. One thing I will say is that the staff at the hotel were very helpful but that's about it. That said in general everyone involved in tourism in Hawaii is nice so I can't say that this was unexpected.
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Close to beach and transportation"
Only stayed one night while waiting for cruise but it was very nice and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The studio was comfortable and included a microwave, small refrig, dishware. and small eating table.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Gail
"Hotel was great"
Everything was perfect, except I had trouble logging onto the wifi in the lobby. It was very frustrating.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Good location! Close to everything. Hotel staff are nice.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Value for money Hotel in Waikiki"
Good view, accessible, but slightly on the other Waikiki. Staff are very helpful, facilities are good for family. Kitchen amenities , play station, in room wifi and outside balcony are awesome. Beach chairs, towels and umbrellas are extra plus. However beach is quite a distance. Hotel shuttles to Al moana mall is another plus for shopping and eating. Otherwise, you are in Waikiki everything is in walking distance.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014