All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2045 Kalakaua Ave., Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Plenty of Aloha at the Luana"
The staff was excellent and exemplified aloha! The rooms were very nice. Loved our partial ocean view. Convenient location. We will return.
4 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Very Pleased"
Great location. The hotel common areas are a little dated; however, our rooms were great.
6 night family trip May 13, 2015
Cheryl
"Aggies 2015"
We booked our room at the last minute. We received a gorgeous room with a large patio and a magnificent view. The Hotel staff was wonderful. They were helpful and friendly.
4 night family trip May 7, 2015
"WONDERFUL HOTEL WITH OUTSTANDING ACCOMMODATIONS"
This stay has been incredibly comfortable and Hawaiian beautiful! Thank you Hotels.com's phone representative, TRAVIS for a great recommendation. This place has exceeded my expectations. This hotel is gorgeous with very professional employees, such as the front desk employee, Saora, a nice young lady. Thank you for your kindness and professionalism. What a nice and clean establishment indeed. so many accommodating offers to suit my every need. I plan to stay here again for a long extended stay. Mahalo, Darryl W.
1 night trip May 15, 2015
Darryl Willis
"nice"
good location which is just the start of a shopping street, very near to the sea, but the parking is high
2 night family trip May 12, 2015
XIYUAN
"Home Away From Home"
This was a great hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was better than expected, believe it or not we did not want to come home. Don't let the distance from Waikiki fool you, it is very close. If you don't want to take the five minute walk, they offer a shuttle (Aqua Hospitality) that stops at all the main points of interest -- Free of charge. We requested an ocean view, expecting to get a view that would only be viewable from a window like normal hotels. However, our view was fantastic, we could see the ocean from every view. I could sit in bed and look at the ocean. I would say book it... We had room 907, I was very pleased and would request that room again. Huge windows, clean, updated, and views from both balconies.
6 night family trip May 6, 2015
JAVIER
"Family vocation for 7 nights."
We have a family vocation and stay for 7 nights. Everything is good. They made a mistake which cannot offer us a room with double queen beds, but they upgraded our room type with ocean view and provides an additional bed. The free DVD service is cool and kids enjoy it very much. The waiting time of elevator is a little long.
7 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
Chun Lin
"Great location, clean hotel at moderate price"
This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. Love the location! It's on the main strip, but not right in the middle of the craziness. A nice walk through the park will get you to the beach, everything within walking distance, or trollies available if you don't rent a car. Clean rooms, friendly staff. The only complaint was that the elevators take quite a while to get to you at times. Also I don't recommend the restaurant - we got the Kamehameha breakfast with a "ham steak", and it was two thin slices of lunchmeat...false advertising as far as I am concerned. We would definitely stay here again.
5 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Sherryl
"Slow elevator but otherwise good stay"
Overall the stay was nice. My main two complaints would be the slowness of the elevators and the sink didnt work in the bathroom of the suite we were in. Front desk was pleasant and called service once they were notified.
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
hope
"Nice Place"
We rented 3 rooms for 6 people.The rooms were well kept. The only problem I saw, it was hard to catch up with the shuttle. The resort fees were cheaper than most other places, However we did not use the amenities the resort fees were supposed to cover.
6 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Jacqueline
"OK"
A decent enough location if you don't want to pay the high prices to stay on the beach. There was an undisclosed $15 per day "resort fee" that covered such special items as pool, pool towels, internet etc...why don't they just add it to the price of the room?? A streetside room is quite noisy and beyond so if you want to leave the slider open, but the price goes up away from the street. And the room configurations of 2 queens, or 1 queen and a sofa bed with no guarantee for what you'll get is quite frustrating. The staff here is all quite young, and are very pleasant and friendly, but at times unable to solve problems or answer questions quickly..example the free shuttle with no set times, no description, and little information about how to use it, or straightening out a problem room situation. By the time the resort fee was added on for nothing we used we could have probably found a similar deal much closer or on the beach if we had looked harder. However this it was ok for the amount of time spent in the room, and would be great for families with kids who wanted to feed them breakfast and maybe lunch in the room or pack lunches for the beach to avoid eating 3 meals out.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"Hotel is within walking distance to beach"
We spent three nights. Toured the city and surrounding area and the Arizona Memorial by shuttle. The hotel location was convenient to our shuttle pickup point which was very nice. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Overall, hotel was nice. I just got a bad room. It was located on the side of the hotel where it was facing the main street and gas station. Extremely noisy, even at night. I had to use a "white noise" app that I downloaded for my phone in order to sleep at night (this was the first time I've ever done that when staying at a hotel). In hindsight, I should have asked to switch rooms, but I was only staying for 2 nights and I was not traveling for pleasure. The room was dated, but clean ... and hotel staff were extremely nice.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Luana"
I was up on 15 keeping traffic noise low! Valet parking and resort fees are getting expensive, after 5 years of only staying here for business, I am considering other hotels for that reason
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Timothy
Relatively good place, good staff, roomies pretty average. Cleaning staff were pretty average too
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Great hotel in Waikiki with many amenities including beach towels, dvd rentals, a free ticket for trolley transportation, and bicycle rentals. It is walking distance from the beach and many other awesome bars, shops, and restaurants in Waikiki.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Awesome place"
We stay at Aqua hotels all the time. Luana is the best.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Gus
"Luv the staff, location is great except the noise"
Hilton feels the need to destroy a beautiful park to put up a tower!!!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Pat
"great location"
We have stayed here before and return because of the location right on Fort Derussy park on Waikiki. As a result, unlike most of the hotels on Waikiki it has no buildings near it.We love waking up early and walking across the park to the beach. Our last visit we walked through the park to have dinner at the Halekulani hotel (we highly recommend the Orchid restaurant for special occasions). The staff is extremely helpful, and the rooms are equipped with a sink, dishes, fridge and microwave. Waikiki isn't our favorite part of Hawaii, but this hotel is our favorite place to stay when we are visiting Waikiki.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Waikiki Getaway"
Went here for my birthday weekend and was really happy that they honored my request to be put on the top floor. The amenities are good and so is the service but valet parking is a ripoff!! I guess it's just the touristy side of Honolulu since it's in Waikiki. Otherwise, HIGHLY recommend this hotel!
3 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Fructuoso
"Nice hotel. Great amenities."
We liked it. The room was nice and spacious. They have great amenities which are included in resort fee such as free movie, rent of bikes, bbq, pool, wi fi to name some. They offer you cooking and eating utensils, cups, plates and such which could be useful for bbq, but no kitchenette which is a bummer. It is close to the mall and 7 minutes away approx. from the ocean. Better deal than the other hotel we stayed in.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Pleasant hotel near shopping area"
My husband and I stayed here only one night. With little time to spend at the hotel, we couldn't take advantage of the amenities so it was less of a value. $35 valet parking, it isn't terribly close to the nice beach part but there is a park area adjacent (blocked under construction when we visited January 2015). The one important thing that bothered me was the shower - the head was too low (basically at my 5'8" height) and way too hard pressure.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Victoria
The location is great but the facilities are very old. Valet parking is the only option if you have a car and it costs 35 dollars on top of a 15 dollar resort fee.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Moldy bathroom, rude desk clerk, extra charges"
My husband and I checked in around midnight due to a flight delay and checked out at 10:00 the next morning. On arriving at the hotel, the parking attendant informed us that there would be a $35 charge for parking- a fact which was not mentioned on the website; at least he was friendly and pleasant. We walked to the front desk carrying our bags and met the stoney-faced glare of the front desk attendant who informed us that there would be an additional $15 "hospitality fee" to "cover the cost of in room coffee and hospitality". I told her that I did not plan to pay this charge. Because of the late hour and our fatigue, I did not walk out the front door which was my first response to her rude greeting. After signing a legalistic waiver in which we were charged a $100 "damage deposit", we finally arrived at our very hot, noisy room with an inadequate old room air conditioner. There was a sickeningly sweet, perfumed odor in the room, which was probably there to cover the smell from the bathroom which was completely overgrown with mildew. A quick glance at the kitchenette pretty well took away my appetite- also dirty. To their credit, the hotel did not charge the hospitality fee, but the price for this dirty room was way too high, in my opinion, and the high parking fee was irritating.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Tired
"Great staff, great location, great service!"
I chose the Luana Waikiki because it was reasonably priced and it was in walking distance from the conference that I was attending. The front desk staff (Ebony, Jordan, & Elton) was very helpful, pleasant, and professional. Their shuttle service helped me get around to other places in Waikiki. I would stay there again.
4 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
"Could have been better"
The cost for the hotel was high for the level of the hotel. It was expensive for what I would call an average hotel. It was the holiday season so I know the increase the cost because they can but it was still too high for this property. We had to change rooms as our first room had ants in the kitchen and on the wall. The houseman said he would handle it in the morning but we were not going to sleep there and wait until the morning. They should have offered to move us immediately instead of my having to ask to be moved. They also should have discounted our stay due to this problem.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Teresa
"Perplexed by the high ratings"
Both my partner & I are dumbfounded as to how this hotel has a 4.2 rating and is the #11 hotel in Honolulu. Yes it's in Waikiki & we were there In high season, so the high price was to be expected but we assumed the high ratings meant it would be an above average hotel. We were wrong. It had musty hallways, was located beside a gas station, the bed had scratchy sheets, the pillows were lumpy and the hotel made me feel like I'd been transported back to 1979. I know that might sound harsh but I think we have reasonable expectations. My partner is a pilot and stays in hotels about 14 days a month and we've also travelled quite extensively, staying in everything from hostels to 5 star hotels so have a good idea of what to expect when booking. This hotel was not what we expected. The fact that on top of the hotel rate, you'll pay extra taxes and resort fees when you check out made it even worse. I'd say only go here if you get a great deal. And don't be fooled by the pictures online - it's not as nice in person. Also not sure why they call it a boutique hotel, as it didn't feel boutiquey (unless that means dated) so definitely do not come with expectations of that. One thing I will say is that the staff at the hotel were very helpful but that's about it. That said in general everyone involved in tourism in Hawaii is nice so I can't say that this was unexpected.
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Close to beach and transportation"
Only stayed one night while waiting for cruise but it was very nice and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The studio was comfortable and included a microwave, small refrig, dishware. and small eating table.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Gail
"Hotel was great"
Everything was perfect, except I had trouble logging onto the wifi in the lobby. It was very frustrating.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Good location! Close to everything. Hotel staff are nice.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Value for money Hotel in Waikiki"
Good view, accessible, but slightly on the other Waikiki. Staff are very helpful, facilities are good for family. Kitchen amenities , play station, in room wifi and outside balcony are awesome. Beach chairs, towels and umbrellas are extra plus. However beach is quite a distance. Hotel shuttles to Al moana mall is another plus for shopping and eating. Otherwise, you are in Waikiki everything is in walking distance.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great Waikiki location!"
Wanted to stay in Waikiki close to the beach and walkable to the restaurants and amenities. Excellent location will stay there again most definitely! Near the Trump hotel but much more affordable yet a very nice hotel to stay. Traffic is congested throughout the city so walking to great places is a real plus. Quiet and upscale area!
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Excellent hotel at an excellent price!"
We were staying at the Disney resort Aulani but had some complication that weren't being resolved. After the second night we decided to look for another hotel. We found the Luana last minute and were very happy with our stay. The location is great. The staff was very friendly and they offered a ton of free amenities. Overall we were very pleased with our stay.
5 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
"Old and broken"
things were broken and old. I was not comfortable staying there.
2 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Arnold
"Affordable, Nice Hotel in Waikiki"
This hotel is decent for the price. Location is good since it's right downtown and short walking distance to beach and shopping areas. The beds and pillows were nice and fluffy. Staff was generally nice. We had a nice little lanai for great people watching. Loved that we had a mini kitchen area. The only downside was the blackout curtain had little tiny holes throughout it so that light peeked into the room in the morning. Other than that, it's an affordable, nice spot in Waikiki.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Lorianne
"Wonderful Stay!!!!!!!!!"
It was the most wonderful stay! The hotel was fabulous and the neighborhood has everything you could want in walking distance.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"7 day stay"
I really liked the price, location, parking, and the staff was really helpful. Just wish the spa was open.
3 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"15 min walk to Waikiki Beach."
Old hotel which is being refurbished. the furniture was nicked and scratched. the furniture was cramped - two people couldn't fit around the table at the same time.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Photohound
"excellent little hotel and friendly"
Its a great location.
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Renee
"Good price, good hotel."
For the price, I can't complain. It is not a luxury hotel nor is it new looking, but for the price it is very good. The rooms are a good size. There are lots of storage space, large closet, lots of drawers. There is also a kitchenette (minus microwave), that also has lots of cabinets. I got a city room view and there was a tiny balcony. The location works for me. It is halfway between Waikiki and Ala Moana Center. Overall I am satisfied with my stay.
3 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
Keri
"Friendly Clean and Well Staffed"
First stay at this property. From the valet to the front desk, and the associate who delivered a microwave to my room on request all were very professional and friendly.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"trip to paridise"
Very enjoyable, we had a great stay and everything was within walking distance to our destinations we needed to get to.
7 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Armando
"Local holiday weekend - wonderfully relaxing"
Took a long Thanksgiving weekend as a "stay cation" in Waikiki. Never stayed at this hotel before (I live in Hawaii) but the photos on hotels.com made it look great for a long weekend - with well-equipped kitchens, great amenities on property, and more. SAVED A LOT OF $$ by re-checking hotels.com as the day of my check-in grew nearer - the per-day rate dropped significantly a couple days before I was supposed to arrive, and when I called hotels.com customer service about it, they offered me their "low price match guarantee" and my original rate was dropped to match what was being advertised just a few days before I checked in (a LOT cheaper than what I started with). Another big tip: if staying at this hotel, insist on a room with at least a partial ocean view - it is the mirrored view that a famous 5-star hotel owned by a man with a reality tv show (who "fires people") in Waikiki, for hundreds less nightly. The rooms are quiet, the walls are thick, the views are wonderful, the decor is lovely, the kitchens in the rooms (mine was a studio suite) are very well-stocked, and I am definitely coming back again. I spent a long weekend of 4 wonderful nights here - will definitely come back!
3 night trip Nov 27, 2014
Roland
The hotel staff very friendly. Room was nice. However if you are on the street side, noise will wake you up every morning. They need to invest in new windows and patio door to block the noise. Kitchen was nice. But no microwave? Elevators were very slow.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Excellent experience. Wonderful staff and concierge. Lots of amenities. Great location on Waikiki. Many local restaurants nearby to choose from.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"An awesome little hotel"
We wanted a bed closish to the beaches without breaking the piggy bank and this place delivered! Luana is about 10 minutes walk north east of Kahanamoku Beach and bordering the pretty Fort DeRussy Beach Park. The facilities at the hotel were spacious and clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Protea cafe just off the lobby is well worth a stop or three for breakfast also.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Marc
"hidden charges"
the nightly rate veried by as much as twenty dollars. There's a "hospitality fee of $15 per day, FOR WHAT? Manditory valet parking of $35 per day. So add at least $50 a day in fees to you hotel room cost.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"5 Days in Waikiki"
Friendly and helpful staff. Elevators could use a little maintenance, slow and nosey.
5 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Andy
"Definitely Give This Place a Try!"
Aside from the scheduled all-day power outage the day after we arrived, our stay here was great! We didn't use the pool, mostly because it was on the opposite side of the building from the sun (except maybe in the late afternoon) but everything did appear to be pretty well taken care of. There is a work out room, BBQs, a tiny little cafe near the lobby (where you can get a $5 per day credit if you forgo room service...aka GO GREEN program) and an ABC store basically across the street. The shopping area is only a couple blocks away as well a yummy breakfast place called Eggs-n-Things. The beach is a short walk (about 10 minutes) through Fort DeRussy with lots of beautiful greenery. All interactions with staff were pleasant and they even kept our bags for us free of charge on the last day of our stay while we took a tour of the big island that we set up through the Expedia concierge (Matt?) in the lobby, who was also super friendly and helpful. They provided free coffee in the lobby in the morning and fruit-infused ice water in the afternoon. There did always seem to be a police officer in the gas station parking lot right next door to the hotel so don't jaywalk to the ABC store (apparently this is $130 ticket here....don't ask how I know this :) and it wasn't as fancy as some of the other hotels in the area....but it was still perfect for our needs and I would recommend it to family and friends in the future.
4 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Room was clean. Beds were super comfortable."
Would stay there again everything within walking distance
Other trip Nov 18, 2014