All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2045 Kalakaua Ave., Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Regular internet service
    Uncomfortable
Just one night but loved the room and the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful, everything was clean and nicely furnished. Kitchen was huge.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2016
Kathleen
"Hawaii in January"
While I was there on business, my wife was able to enjoy all that Hawaii has to offer. Our room was very comfortable and we enjoyed having our little kitchen. The staff was amazing! Thank you for a great week!
7 night business trip Jan 23, 2016
Jeffrey
"hackney group"
so nice we deided to spend a extra night.
3 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2016
Bonnie
"Nice place. Wish I had stayed longer."
I stayed only on a quick overnight so did not check out the neighborhood or use the hotel's amenities. My room was spacious, comfortable and quiet with a free upgrade so I had a water view. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful. My only (relatively minor because I was there such a short time) complaint was that there was no wi-fi. The network was there but could not connect to the internet.
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2016
"Great location and value."
Our second time here. Good location & amenities. Only problem was with wifi. Very intermittent.
3 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016
"Great Service! Has everything!"
Don't let this small hotel fool you, it offers everything you could possibly want in a hotel and more! Besides a pool, bbq, gym, movie rentals, a business center, parking and free wifi,they even offered extra things like yoga and a social hour with wine, cheese and entertainment. The hotel was nice, tastefully decorated, and the staff was friendly and professional. If you want to stay in a smaller hotel, that is walking distance to everything, then this is the place for you.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2015
Annette
"Sofa bed :("
Do not like sofabeds everything else could have woked but we left after 1 nite
4 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
clayton
"Not my first chioce"
Room had a very strong potpourri smell. The driveway is extremely hard to get out of because it is right in front of a stoplight and cross walk. There is a $15 per day resort fee that covers dvd/game rentals and $35 per day valet. Since I was traveling for work I do not take advantage of $50 a day worth of hotel amenities.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
Expedia
"Great location but too noisy"
Great location. But stand on busy street and noisy neighborhood (next to gas stand). So probably crazy riders sounded big noise when leave there. Unfortunate can't sleep until 12am before day of marathon.
2 night trip Dec 12, 2015
Masaaki
Ask for wake up call last morning and did not receive one. Shuttle we ask for the day before did not happen. Not sure what the problem was but it could have been a disaster but we got a taxi. Weird.
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
"convenient clean hotel in Waikiki"
Nice location not too far from beach. Close to restaurants. pricey, but then again everything in Waikiki is. In-building laundromat--cheapest and best I've used in years. elevators are glacially slow, however and stair access not easy to use.
6 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
Great and staff very helpful until the last evening. We inquired about airport shuttle and wake up call. Never received a wake up call and shuttle did not happen. Ended up taking a taxi. Very ODD.
4 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
linda
Didnt always clean room or leave coffee. Parking at hotel 35. No view of ocean.no food. Just ok.hard beds.
6 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Leona
"Totally great"
Everything was better than great. It was ever close to where all the tours will pick you up. You don't even need a car.
6 night trip Nov 16, 2015
steven
"Family holiday"
Excellent accomodation for the family. Location is central to beach and shopping.
11 night family trip Nov 15, 2015
"Wonderful!"
I was impressed. Everything looked clean and modern yet tastefully Hawaiian. Free parking, wine and cheese, water and coffee, and DVDs added to the unexpected perks. I would love to come here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
Really enjoyed staying at the Luana. The staff and other residents were all great. The hotel was clean and the room was spacious. Enjoyed the morning yoga and afternoon social events. Would highly recommend staying here. Short walk from both the Hawaii Convention Center and Waikiki Beach.
4 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2015
Shawnay
Staff was friendly and helpful, Lobby looked great but the rooms really suck. Looks like they haven't been remodeled since the 80s. Doors sticking with slides worn out. And room did not have the amenities stated in hotel info. My rating would be Truck Stop Motel or 1.5.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
DOUGLAS
"Very nice accommodations.."
The staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous. I missed the fact that there was a resort fee in the booking details, but the entire experience was great. The beach is within walking distance. There are stores and restaurants really close by.
3 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
Evelyn
"Friendly staff"
Very friendly staff. Free bikes to borrow and ride around town. Short walk through park to beach. I would stay again. Mahalo
2 night trip Oct 13, 2015
Timothy
"Room with a kitchen"
The Luana was a great hotel, I'd reccomend it to anyone, It's a beautiful 10 min walk to the beach, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, They provided bikes, beach supplies and much more. The only down fall was that we booked a room with a kitchen and the kitchen didn't have a lot of things that you'd expect to be in a kitchen.. I.e. Bowls, blender and much more.
4 night family trip Oct 22, 2015
"Great stay and wonderful staff!"
Just needed a microwave, other than that it was a perfect stay! Thank you~
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
Sandra
"Free happy hour"
Great hotel and location. Definitely loved the free happy hour they offer Monday, Wednesday & Friday fr 5-6pm. Lovely pool. Nice BBQ grills. Cool little fitness facility.
3 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
Rudyard
"Bright, clean, comfortable - short walk to beach"
The room we had wasn't one of the type of rooms that is classified as having a kitchenette, but it did have a decent sized mini fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker all in a kitchen-type area with drawers, cupboards, sink and countertop for preparing little snacks and such. It also was stocked with plates, cups, and silverware. So if you were thinking about what type of room to get(with or without kitchenette) as long as you don't need a stovetop, all the rooms seem to have a kitchen-like area. The room also had a sitting area with a sofa(fold out) and coffee table, a small table to sit at with two chairs, and a balcony with a couple chairs to hang out in. So all in all it was a very bright and comfortable place to hang out (although we only really used the room to sleep and shower). The bed was very comfortable. I really liked that they offered morning yoga classes several times a week. Why don't more hotels do that? The instructors were really good too. My only complaints were: The A/C unit could have been a bit quieter and the lobby staff could have been a bit more attentive to the coffee and tea station in the mornings.
4 night family trip Oct 7, 2015
"Great Surprise!"
Surprised at the quality of service and amenities for the price.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2015
Louie
"Getaway"
My family liked the stay. But however our room had no carpet n the tile was very cold. We had to wait over an hour before ck in. Couldn't ck in early due to room was not available. When 3 o'clock came around. My room was still not available do i took another room with a sofa bed pull out. My kids needed to rest . I had no choice but to except this room.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Dena
"Met our needs"
We were impressed with the service though-out our stay. The friendly staff and exercise room were the "highlight" of our stay. The room rate was affordable and reasonable. The apple and cookie were enjoyed on our flight back to Hilo.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Accommodations are average. Beds are very comfortable and location is good.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Christopher
Pretty Good!, but no breakfast
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
"Will come back and stay here again"
I stayed here both for business and vacation. It was a convenient walk to get to the convention center for my conference and to relax on the beach afterwards. I had the city view room, which was nice to look at but a little noisy from the fire trucks passing by. I would probably book the ocean view next time. I loved that they had iced spa water and coffee in the lobby and it's across the street from a little grocery store and ABC. The room was comfortable with lots of drawers for storage space. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The only thing that was disappointing was the pool was very small. It looked bigger in the picture. I preferred swimming in the pool when the waves in the ocean were too big.
7 night business trip Sep 2, 2015
Bernadette
"Good but the house keeping was bad"
Hotel, the neighborhood was good and convenient. the rooms and furniture was also good but only thing was the floor was not cleaned at least once in our 7 night stay there at this hotel
7 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
"Close to waikiki"
Very nice room. Split ac in the bedroom and main room. Comfortable with washer dryer. no need wait for elevator just one flight of stairs. Quiet
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
brent
Awesome
3 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
Jiraphone
"Great hotel for a great price."
Four of us traveled from a neighbor island for a wedding. The Luana was right in Waikiki, with unlimited and easy in and out valet. They allowed us an early check in to rest before the reception and the staff was very incredibly helpful and prompt. The hotel was able to accommodate our request for three beds for our group, which was critical. This is my 4th stay there, and I will certainly come back!
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
Susannah
Hotel was nothing special. Really wish I would have stayed at a cheaper place as the quality would've been the same. Bed and furnishings were old and noise from street below was loud.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Close to everything"
Average stay. Dated room but decent size. Room had a muggy smell.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
traveller
"Comfortable hotel"
When looking for a hotel that had good reviews, clean, and at a reasonable cost, Luana was the right fit. I originally booked for two double beds but when we checked in, unfortunately, it wasn't available. However to take care of the issue, we were given a room with one double bed, a sofa sleeper, and were comped the daily hotel fees. Since its so traffic in Waikiki, you have to walk everywhere. When you're hot and hungry, walking is the last thing you want to do. But you just have to because driving to your destination only saves you about 5 minutes. My husband and I, used their fitness facility a couple times and it was decent. It was small but every time we went, we were either alone or with one other guest. The gym equipment is not new but you can still get a good workout in. Their pool is small but fortunately even though the hotel was booked to its capacity, my family shared the pool with 3 other families that were in the pool at different times while we were swimming.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Ro
"7 minutes walk to the beach"
This hotel lobby is smaller than what I see on the web. We weren't happy at first when speaking with Jessica, but after that everything is fine. We give this hotel a 3.5 point. Front desk staff are polite and nice. Applause to Eric for the great customer services. We check in at 2:55pm, but our room was not available until 5:10pm. I was shock and disappointed a little-bit when I was told the room that I booked for 2 queen beds (kitchenette studio) is not available. I show the front desk staff my itinerary showing that I requested 3 months in advance for my 2 queen beds. Jessica front desk staff saying because I book package via third party agent, then the request is not guarantee. I was mad because of this bad situation. She then ask me if I willing to wait, then she will have the housekeeper to clean the room that has 2 queen beds for us. We wait for more than 2 hours in the lobby to get our 2 queens bed room. My 2 young children and myself exhausted and my husband was a very patient man. Eric noticed of our frustration and he waived the resort fee of $15 per night for us. The bell service is fine depending on the day and on the mood of the bell man. The complimentary of free wi-fi is great. However I have to call the front desk let them know about the router problem so they send person to our room to fix it, then our wi-fi run smoothly. Thank you. Overall I will recommend this hotel to my friend and they need to communicate with the front desk or the manage.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Vanessa
"Quick Over-Niter"
Unable to board a red-eye flight, we needed a place to stay for one night, convenient, not too pricey, yet comfortable for two very weary travelers. This was perfect ... clean, friendly staff, fruit and water in the lobby, airport shuttle. Wish we could've stayed longer ... maybe next time.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
For what we had to pay it was a nice hotel. They don't have self parking so you have to pay 35 dollars to have your car parked. Also there is a 15 dollar fee for additional guest. They have free coffee in the morning but no breakfast.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
danny
Tiny room with two queen beds. Beds were very uncomfortable. They charge $15 a day for "courtesy" stuff like cable and soap. They also charge a $100 deposit that I haven't seen yet since my stay two weeks ago. Don't stay here!!
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Corey
"One day stay"
I booked an extra night at this hotel because my flight was cancelled . It was ok, but attention to detail cleaning is desperately needed. The bathroom shower was clogged and didn't drain well, so as you showered the tub would fill with water( half way up by the time your done with a 5 min shower, so we had to wait 30 mins between showers for the water to drain , yuck).the kitchen wall had food stains and the air vent were filthy (clumps of dust could be seen). I let the staff know, but was offered no solution just an apology.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Edgar W.
"So so hotel"
The room is clean. THAT'S IT!
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
This place was great! My sister and I shared a room, in Hawaii for a family wedding. We needed to be all over the island for the pre-and post-wedding social events and excursions. I was trying to avoid the congestion of Waikiki and was largely successful in that, as we could get to the roads to Honolulu or the main highways without facing the worst of the traffic. This hotel was lovely, the staff helpful, the exercise room and pool very well-kept. The room with a kitchenette was great for breakfast whenever we wanted it, given our jet lag. Would definitely stay there again.
4 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice Hotel, great location in Waikiki"
Studio with kitchenette was great and a money saver from having to eat out everyday. We BBQ'd at the pool twice during our stay. The resort fee cover's free beach items including boogie boards, towels, beach chairs and umbrellas. My 10 & 12 year old boys loved boogie boarding!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Great time in Waikiki"
Reserved two rooms for the family. Accommodations were clean, comfortable, and exceeded expectations. Hotel staff (front desk, valet, etc.) was friendly and personable, and responsive to all requests. Highly recommended.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Adequate stay"
About 10 minutes from beach. Not too close to shopping. Restaurant in hotel was closed when we were there. You can order from a variety of places; however, the "extra" charges add up quickly. Room was nice and spacious. View was okay. Next to a 24/7 gas station so you could get snacks.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
MelB
"Nice hotel in good location"
Clean room, staff excellent, great ammenities as in pool and gym. Wine and cheese 3 evenings and yoga 3 mornings. A/c very noisy. Street can be noisey. Good location and not far from beach. Free shuttle bus around town.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Jenny
"Waikiki is amazing"
I was at the Luana for six days in July. Many pluses: GREAT Location + Very Helpful Staff + Happy Hour Mon/Wed/Fri + Fridge and Safe in the Room No terrible negatives, but I found the main service perfunctory and the AC was pretty noisy.
6 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Solid location, decent quality…"
Luana is just west of a major stretch of classy shopping and eating establishments, without being right in the middle of all the chaos. The room had a fridge, which made getting some groceries from the ABC store across the street helpful too. The beech is a short walk across the park away, as is a free military museum and the small hotel pool is easy to access. The room itself was good, with a nice view (not ocean front, but pleasant over the park). Our bathroom was acceptable but in that not spotless sort of way that you may not expect. Valet is expensive ($35 a night) but that's not unexpected. Staff was friendly. Hotel Policy was… a little clunky and getting beech towels required exchanging plastic cards and recollecting them and I could see guests ending up having to pay a significant fee for misplacing the cards. I get why the hotel does it (to avoid towels being taken all the time) but it was awkward and one more item to keep track of on an already busy trip. (The exchange card, not the towel)
Other trip Jul 7, 2015