All hotels in Chanhassen, Minnesota, United States of America
531 W 79th St, Chanhassen, MN, 55317, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Our stay at the Chanhassen Inn"
We have stayed at this hotel before when I was employed in the Twin Cities. I have always liked the friendliness of the hotel staff, and the hotel, while not being new, has been clean and well maintained each time we have had the opportunity to stay there. The breakfast is exceptional for being a "continental style" type of arrangement, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Wes
"A Quaint Hotel"
We were in Chanhassen for a wedding and decided to stay at the Chanhassen Inn because of their reasonable rates. The staff was very friendly when we checked in, as she explained everything in great detail. The room was comfortable and was a nice size. The look is a little dated, but that did not impact the quality of our stay. The television was new and the table in the room was a great size to get some work done. We enjoyed the continental breakfast as it has a large variety of foods and beverages. We would definitely stay here again!
Hannah
"Very clean hotel."
This was a very clean hotel. It was run by sweet ladies, who were always very friendly. The room was very small, but clean. The breakfast was "just enough"...and my kids seemed to enjoy it. The only weird thing, is that they still have actual "keys" to the rooms. I prefer cards...easier to carry, and use, especially on the outside doors. So, I think they should update the "keys system"...but otherwise it was enjoyable. I would stay there again! :)
Jill
"Nice clean and conveniently located hotel"
I spent a week at the Chanhassen Inn. It is not fancy, but very clean and the location is close to several restaurants, the Chanhassen Dinner Theater and shopping. It was also centrally located near family and friends, making it easy to visit. It is close to major highways and freeways as well. The continental breakfast was much better than average.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
C. J.
"Room Condition Misrepresented"
I had read a review of this hotel that mentioned a faint cigarette smell in the room, so I phoned the hotel to ask if they could assure me that our room would be free of that odor. The hotel clerk said she gave the room "the sniff test" and thought it to be okay. It wasn't. Didn't reek, but wasn't pleasant. Continental breakfast not up to par with even less expensive hotels.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"CHANHASSEN INN"
WAS ONLY THERE TO VISIT FRIENDS. HAD A NICE BREAKFAST AREA
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
N/A
We really enjoyed our 2 nite stay, we were visiting the Landscape Arboretum one day and going to Canterbury the next, this hotel was 20min from the track and 5 min from the Arboretum. Room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the staff was very friendly, we will be back again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Brad
"Quiet, convenient, pleasant"
We would stay there again, but there was some type of odor in the room. Smoking?
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Comfortable, well kept, quiet, family like staff"
Great place to stay, no pasted on get good ratings smiles just real people. Hotel is clean, well cared for with easy in/out access.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"very nice"
Very nice place. Quiet room. Many good places to eat close by. Easy access to the highways I needed.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Terry
"1970's Hotel"
The room was plenty clean and comfortable but it was definitely many years old.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Great location, awesome staff"
We had a great stay here for 2 nights. They supplied us with an air mattress which was convenient being there was 5 of us, and the free bfast is always a plus. The beds were a little hard and being it was 83 that weekend the ac wasn't keeping room too cool for us, but manageable.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"economical"
More economical than large hotel chains in the Minneapolis area, close to Valley Fair which was a plus for us!
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Heidi
Nice motel.
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
"good for the price"
The hotel needs to be updated in a big way, but the price was right.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Locally Owned!"
Owners really tried to make our stay as pleasant as they could in every way.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Comfortable, friendly, affordable, and friendly"
The Chanhassen Inn provides basic accommodations in an extraordinary way. The rooms and the whole facility are as clean as any I've encountered in a hotel in my life, the staff is wonderfully friendly, everything works, and the place is so well run that it all seems effortless--and surely is not. The rooms, linens, continental breakfast, and such are good and sufficient but unremarkable in themselves, but when combined with the Chanhassen Inn's great attention to detail and hospitality, they are made remarkable.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
"A pleasant and affordable hotel."
The only complaint I have with this hotel is their beds are too high. As an older couple, the beds were ok but the heigth of the bed to enter and leave bothered my spouse. Other than that, the Hotel and price for the area were great.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Dick
"Very Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff"
Location was great. All the staff were very friendly. Great Breakfast. Rooms were large and clean. Very quiet there.
3 night trip May 31, 2013
Jman
Very helpful and friendly service.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"Pleasant hotel plus staff"
This hotel is for people who enjoy the 'old school' feel of a hotel and does not require modern amenities such as WiFi in the room, or a business suite. It is simple, unpretentious, but is welcoming and friendly.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Urch
"Excellent Place to Stay!"
I was a little discouraged when I saw the exterior of the building--thought it looked kind of divey. But I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that not only was the manager very friendly, but also that my room was immaculately clean, well-lit, and sizeable. They also offer a free breakfast which, although I didn't partake, looked delicious. And there's a great deal of activity as well as a number of restaurants close by, making it easy to find entertainment or food of your choice. All in all an extremely pleasant experience!
Other trip May 31, 2013
B.A.
"Older hotel but well maintained"
The hotel building and rooms were older but well maintained and clean. I couldn't smell any of the mold/mildew as typical with other older rooms. Service was excellent and very friendly and overall it was a very pleasent stay. I'd stay again if I come back to the area.
1 night business trip May 22, 2013
The hotel was great. The Chanhassen Inn employees were great and very helpful with any questions or any extra items we needed. The group of four ladies I was part of said that we would definitely stay here again. The breakfast and free newspaper was super!
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
"Good place for anyone"
Found the hotel to be a very clean "Mom & Pop" owened . Mom and Pop were there in person to help with any needs. About two blocks from Chanhassen Dinner Theater - was able to walk it even through the blizzard that hit that night. Very quiet. Good breakfast.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
"Convenient, Clean, and Friendly"
Clean room, friendly staff, cozy fireplace, and close to good eats
2 night trip Jan 31, 2013
Very well maintained and very comfortable, and the room rates are reasonable.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2013
"Friendly even late"
I checked in very late but the lights were on and Larry greeted me at the front desk with a smile and had my reservation in hand. Everything good but breakfast was a bit sparse.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2012
Lee
Had a wonderful time with friends. Everything was great. Very clean rooms, great service and wonderful staff.
2 night trip with friends Dec 2, 2012
"Nice Place"
I'm not big on fancy stuff I never use but have to pay for. This hotel was clean, friendly, comfortable, professional and reasonably priced. The reservation experience however, was extremely frustrating. I felt like I was talking to someone in India who was very polite but kept repeating things over and over and over ad nauseum. I think I was on the phone for a half an hour (at least it felt like it) and I was about to be late for an appointment. I finally had to tell the gentleman: "I'm hanging up. If you don't have enough information by now I guess I'll either stay there (the Chanhassan Inn) tomorrow or find someplace else. Goodbye."
Other trip Nov 1, 2012
"Fun Weekend"
The carpet needed a shampoo in areas. Great touch with cookies and coffee when you arrive. Towels were rough and thin. Staff was very friendly. A quiet hotel. Bathroom very tiny and could use higher toilets. Breakfast was ok, lots of carbs.
2 night trip Oct 26, 2012
Marilyn
"A comfortable, cozy motel in the Lakes region"
The Inn was great for us. Very accommodating and cozy. Great breakfast each morning and close to all the Lakes in the region.
4 night trip Oct 4, 2012
Very nice for the money, if we are ever in the area again we would definitely stay again. The only complaint we had were the pillows, but honestly you can probably say that about most hotels and frankly we usually bring our own but didn't this trip.
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
"Nice hotel at an acceptable cost"
Staff was helpful and pleasant, found a room for me on first floor so I didn't have to drag my oxygen concentrator up and down stairs. Guest laundry was good, and necessary after a full day at the Renaissance Festival.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
NormaJean
"Very Clean, no frills place to stay"
Very nice and clean for an older hotel. No frills, but very clean, convenient and quiet. I highly recommend for budget conscious or business travelers.
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
Staff very nice and helpful. Good area with needed eateries near by. Good value
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
Fisherman
"Older but good place to stay"
Older hotel that could use a little updating. It's well kept and well maintained. People were friendly and helpful. Nice continental breakfast. The room was previously a smoking room that had been converted to non-smoking but still had smoke odor.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
"Great for the money"
Low rate, convienent location for activities in the area, no pool, nice breakfast, older facility but well taken care of.
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
"Homey, considerate and friendly Inn"
The word Inn is right for this establishment as it is nothing like the typical hotel or motel. The owners/managers are extremely thoughtful about making their guests comfortable and anticipating their needs - things like free printing, a laundry room, free breakfast, excellent and free wifi all make it very easy to stay here. The only concern is location as it is outside the Twin Cities and about a 15 minute drive from the airport.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
"A wonderful place with an excellent staff."
The Chanhassen Inn is a great place to stay. I would and will stay there again. The place was clean and comfortable the staff was also very friendly. The Breakfast spread was way more than I expected.
Other trip Aug 19, 2012
Tucker
"The best value we have had"
This was out 20th hotel reservation made in the last 12 months on hotels.com. I can say dollar for dollar this place was probably the best value room we have booked. Easy check-in, the deluxe room was insanely large, absolutely no smell of cig smoke (rare these days), and the continental breakfast was excellent. Love the mom and pop feeling and I would support the Chanhassen Inn again if I was in the area.
Business trip Aug 19, 2012
Hotel was close to where we wanted to be. It is not the fanciest, but for the price I thought it was nice. My husband always complains about the bed from day one and he thought his bed was very comfortable and slept well even with a bad back.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
"nice hotel for a good price"
This hotel had just about everything that I look for when I travel: clean room, friendly staff, quiet guests, WiFi worked great, shower put out good water flow, had a mini-fridge and a microwave, and all at a very good price. The bathroom was small, but very clean--it appeared to have been redone sometime in the last couple of years. The place was clean, with no bad smells (it is a completely smoke-free facility). The neighborhood was good with big grocery store about a block away, and easy access to the interstate. The continental breakfast was always well stocked. There was only one minor negative thing I would point out--I was on the second floor and the stairs seemed a little small in the horizontal dimension (the individual steps). If you have big feet or you are not steady on your feet, you might want to request a first floor room. Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel, and would definitely stay there again.
Family trip Aug 14, 2012
Nice enough hotel but nothing exceptional.
Business trip Aug 13, 2012
"Unexpected satisfaction"
Great price, very nice, large comfortable room. Friendly staff. Would recommend and will return if in the area.
Other trip Aug 12, 2012
"Affordable and clean"
This hotel is older but has been kept in good shape. More of a budget hotel. My room was really clean but smelled funny. I turned off the air conditioner and the smell went away. Bathroom is tiny; not built for plus size people! Staff was friendly and there was a pretty good contential breakfast. Food and drink options within walking distance including Chipotle, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, a chinese restaurant, Applebees, and BWW. There were some more across the road but I didn't venture that way.
Business trip Aug 12, 2012
Taryn
"super friendly staff"
Family owned inn, convenient to Hwy 5. A little outdated with the decor and the place smells a little musty at first but everything was really clean and the staff was extremely friendly and hospitable. Great place to stay if you want quiet comfort.
Other trip Aug 11, 2012
AW
Conveniently located among very good resturants and stores. Close to our activities in Excelsior. Easy access from the airport
Other trip Aug 7, 2012
"Great!"
Very nice, very clean, very comfortable. Front desk very friendly. Breakfast better tan expected with many different types of bread, bagels, ceral, french toast, waffles, and more. I used the fitness room, and it was great. Reccomend!
Other trip Aug 1, 2012
A
"Close to Arboritum for 3 day conference"
It was an awesome place to stay - great staff and clean rooms
Other trip Jul 26, 2012