All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
80 John Roberts Rd., South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

"Not that great"
first off the put a charge of 10.00 bucks on my card ..just in case...never got it back..second the first room we had the toilet overflowed....and then began to leak..they let us move to another room, but that was ok.. the breakfast was not the great...wont stay here again.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Joey
"Left Overs"
Price, location overall appearance and cleanliness looked fine. Checked in late at night with a front desk host which was equivalent to registering my car at DMV. Not personable or friendly,but got me checked in within 3 minutes. As with most folks, checking around the room the following morning in daylight making sure I left nothing behind, I came across a dried up chicken wing bone under the desk and a coke bottle cap against the bed frame. Not my idea of breakfast items and curious just how long housekeeping leaves behind such finds for the next room guests?
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Tim P.
"Great for early morning flights."
Inexpensive room for early flights. Not fancy, but clean and quiet with shuttle service.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
east coast gal
"Most uncomfortable bed"
I'll start out by saying that the linen was clean. From there it goes downhill. The pillows were so thing it took 3 of them to make one. The bathroom fan sounded like an airplane taking off. The shower head did not work properly. Floors had not been vacumed very well. Breakfast was a joke. Would not ever stay there again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Dort
"Great value, good rooms."
For the money you can't beat this! My dog and I were able to stay for a very cheap price and it was a clean room that was recently redone. I would stay at this place again. As someone who travels a lot for work and pleasure, I wish I could find rooms like this for the same price elsewhere, but so far I haven't been that fortunate. For the price-five stars!!!
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Stan
"Close to airport, shuttle service and car parking."
We stayed overnight due to a 6 AM flight. Shuttle service at 4:30 AM was on time. Room was ok for the price.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"very nice for the price"
close to maine mall and dining room comfortable, with cable wifi, microwave and refrigerator
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Disappointing"
Outdoor unit entrance on second floor difficult with heavy luggage. Bedding was awful. Lumpy pillows and the thinnest of thin sheets. A large cigarette burn hole in the blanket. The breakfast was a real disappointment. The coffee undrinkable.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Denise Lock
"just passing through"
This is a bit older facility but completely adequate for a night's stay in the Portland area. It was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
"old and dark"
While the room was clean and had fridge/micro/other amenities, the building was old and in disrepair. Outside not well lit, enter room from outside. Reception area was a little creepy.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
"much better than i thought"
i was pleasantly surprised by the Econolodge. The outside was attractive. The room was moderate size, with a fridge and microwave. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The only downside was that the room smelled like smoke with pumpkin air freshener over it. They said it was a dog, not smoking. but all I can say is that the dog must have been smoking b/c it was definitely smoke. it wasn't too bad. and the rest of the room was spotless. i have to say this was much better than i expected and a good value for the money.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2013
"Great hotel, reasonable price."
For the amount of money i spent on two rooms, i was incredibly pleased. the staff was polite, even though we overslept and missed checkout by a half hour. the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, and even though they were lacking on shower stuff, the bathrooms were wonderful. we didn't get disturbed, nor did we get hassled for our constant smoke breaks on the balcony and slightly excitable nature. the rooms were very well sound proofed, and the grounds were well kept. i'd definitely go back if i had to go to portland again. :]
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Jen
Fine Comfortable Clean Nice staff Great stay at your hotel !
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Philip
"price was right"
Convenient. To airport,price was reasonable,close to restaurants
3 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Margaret from Miss.
"Close to shopping"
Very nice. Check in was quick and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Great value for the price.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Debbie
"Poor air quality but great beds."
Although our room said non-smoking, it's obvious it hasn't always been. The room was very smelly and stale and was not helped by the AC, which we kept on continually.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Ellen
"disgusting filthy motel"
This motel was so filthy it was disgusting. Found body hair in the made up beds.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
Hotel location in close proximity to various stores, restaurants.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Great place for us"
Accomodations always very good. Room and bed, linens, towels always clean and fresh. For the price it is always a great stay. We have paid twice this fee and have had lousy accommodations. Always a winner for us.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
plb
"ok to stay for a night. Cont. breakfast was minima"
cheap rate. nice pool,air cond good that's about all
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
jeff
"Recommended"
Motel staff friendly and helpful. Free shuttle to airport. Close to mall shopping. Rooms fine but outdoor entrance.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"FILTHY AND POORLY RUN!!!"
This was our last option hotel and turned out to be a poorly maintained and filthy motel. The linens were old, dirty, and torn. The bathroom was very dirty. Staff was on hand to take your money, but there was no pride in the care or upkeep of the motel. Breakfast consisted of stale breads and low quality food. AVOID THIS MOTEL!!!
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Danny
Remoteness made my wife extremely nervous. Very dark. Felt like we were entering Bates Motel.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Smoky non smoking room"
Desk staff great! But not really handicapped accessible . Had toaskfor 1st floor room, no elevator. Staff made big deal of my signing a form that said I would be fined if I smoked, then the room was very smoke smelling!!!!! Outside door, shutte to airpost, but not to local dinning.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
sam
"Nice hotel and friendly staff!"
We stayed there for 1 night and found it to be a very good stay. Our kids enjoyed the freshly baked cookies in the evening. Staff was friendly and helpful. I used their business center to print boarding passes. Good breakfast.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
Raj
"Hole In Wall & Smell"
The room we were assigned had a huge hole in the wall that was partially covered up by some piece of plastic, but still exposing pipes. Although it was a non-smoking room the smell of deep lingering smoke seemed embedded in the pillows and furniture and became very nauseating as the night wore on. There were hand prints all of the backboards of the beds and we decided to touch anything in the room as little as possible. After sleeping on pillows of stone, we did wake to a nice continental breakfast and hot coffee.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Convenient to Maine"
Convenient. Continental breakfast, served from 6 to 9, got us on our way. Perfect for our late arrival to Portland airport.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Jose
"econo me mall"
The room had a very unpleasant smell like some one had been smoking in a nonsmoking room. Breakfast was good.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
jm
"Airport/dining convenience was great for price!"
older hotel but a great location for access to airport, Maine Mall and dining; easy access to city itself. Walls are not as sound-deadening as a newer building but for a short stay it was okay; noticeable ambient noise in adjacent shower/flush. Staf was helpful, pleasant and professional. Booked thru Hotels.com, got a good rate -well worth the price, even considering Hotels.com commission and considering other options in the area. Good coffee, both in room and in cont'l breakfast [ and decent selections of cereal, pastries].
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Very nice surprise"
This turned out to be a diamond in the rough. I expected econo lodge to be roughing it a bit. What a pleasant surprise, the room was very nice, clean, comfortable, and plenty of room. We were there on a Wednesday which was customer appreciation night - they grilled hamburgers and hot dogs with all the trimmings salads and fruit free for the guests. In the morning the breakfast was nice and hot not just cold donuts and beagles. It is very close to shopping (mall) and lots to do and see.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2013
"Great economical, clean motel in good location."
We were in South Portland for a party -- arrived the day of the party and needed a place to sleep for one night before heading home the following day. The Econo Lodge met my price and location criteria and am happy to say it also met my clean and comfortable criteria. The fridge and microwave are a nice extra. Was also pleased that my room was ready at 3:15 (15 minutes after check in time; have not always found that to be the case at other places). Not fancy but wasn't looking for fancy ...
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Filled the need..."
Thankfully there was a mall within walking distance.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2013
"Some broken promises"
Did not come thru with a wake up call as promised Had to wait a good 45 mins at airport for shuttle from Howard Johnson's to come get me Had to telephone repeatedly to find out why so delayed But in the morning shuttle arrived exactly on time
Other trip May 30, 2013
The rooms were great for the price. The staff was very polite and friendly. Would recommended and stay again!!
1 night business trip May 14, 2013
Wendy
"Great for a night in the OP"
If you need a cheap hotel near the city, this seems like a great fit. $15 taxi ride to the stats theater, that'll keep you out of jail. The place is cheap and not bad for one night. The rooms are small and don't have a pull out couch, and it was a struggle to fit a cot, which cost $10. There is a nice balcony on the second floor for smokers.
1 night business trip May 4, 2013
Devon
"just ok"
It was ok. I was barely there. It's in a nice location next to the mall
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Great for the price"
I stayed at this hotel for only one night, the rooms are really well kept, the staff is very nice and helpful. Very good location next to the mall and close to all kind of restaurants. Very convenient and the free breakfast is nice.
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
Dee
"Decent value"
There is one sizeable step into each room--just a caution to those with mobility issues. Large mini-fridge, microwave, coffee pot, tube-tv with several channel, and free wifi, make for a decent value. There's an additional charge for pets. Located directly adjacent to the Maine Mall. Not fancy.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
"Good for an overnight"
We needed a place to sleep and shower near the highway. The rooms were comfortable and clean...and a great price.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
"Not for non-smokers."
I think this hotel has all smoking rooms, even though they said no-smoking room. If you don't smoke, don't stay in this hotel. The room I stay smell very heavy smoke. Changed room was the same, no help.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
Wen
"wont stay here again"
The good points. The room was clean. The staff was professional and helpful. The location was handy to buslines and the maine mall across the street. The not so good were..first morning waking up. no power. cold room. power was back about an hour after. no bath towels. That night. People above me partying , slamming things, stomping on floor above until 3 am. I realized a lot of people here are 'weeklies' when I say weekly rate posted on door. I felt too afraid to call management as I am woman traveling alone. Its a good thing I didnt call because the next morning I realized the room phones were not working! Maids were loud and noisy from 10 til 2 pm ..the good thing though is that my do not disturb sign was respected and no one knocked on my door or worse came barging in. Next time I will pay a little more and go to another motel.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2013
dontask...donttell
"Cheap and Smelly"
Nothing really wrong with the hotel, you get what you pay for... and we didn't pay much. The one issue with our room was the smell. I realize they have a no smoking policy in place, but it can't be too strictly enforced. The stale cigarette smell was nauseating and hard to overcome.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
"Convenient to airport"
The Park and Fly feature was not well-advertised and the fee, $7/day, was more than I was expecting. Service getting picked up after I returned was very slow. I would probably park at the airport next time and just stay here. I had a very early flight so staying here was convenient the night before.
Other trip Mar 12, 2013
"Close to venue"
The hotel was close to food, shopping and the meeting venue.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2013
June
"always our choice"
We always choose this hotel.... good room for the price. Clean.Only issue seems to be the tv... either the guests screw with the remote but always issue.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
Very nice!
1 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2013
"close to Portland airport and mall"
Very nice staff free shuttle to airport
1 night trip Dec 29, 2012
"Quiet, cozy, and close to the shopping."
The staff was helpful and polite and knowledgeable. The room was a little dated and the bath was small. It served me well. The room heated very quickly and it was quiet. I was quite comfortable and enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Dec 17, 2012
"Great hotel with comfortable beds"
Great hotel if you are flying to/from Portland Jetport. They gave us a ride to the airport. The room was big, nice and clean. We had two queen size beds. They were really comfortable.
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
"Great stay."
Have stayed here many times. Quiet and clean. Comfortable beds. Right next to Portland mall.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012