All hotels in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States of America
24 Gideon Putnam Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"1 night stay"
We stayed here because it was the only place that would allow a 1 nght stay during Saratoga meet. it is a real Spa so if htat is what you want this is it. Beautiful grounds that is practically in the state park and rignt next to a gold course. Plenty of runnig trails around too. I didnt check out many amenities beacuase i was there just for the horse track but everything looked nice and well kept.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Snacks
"Visiting Saratoga racetrack"
Stayed here two years ago and decided to return. The hotel staff was outstanding! Ate at the restaurant for breakfast and lunch, it was excellent. Beautiful grounds and area. Shuttle available was convenient and timely. However, the hotel could use a facelift. The halls smell musty like an old basement.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2014
jersey girl
"Wonderfully Quaint, but Needs some Clorox"
Pros: beautiful location and surrounds, historic, convenient............Cons: front desk staff rude and undertrained; room wasn't fully cleaned when checked in (arrival at 8 PM)- front desk didn't answer our calls (dialed down 3x and let it ring a while) for cleaning support, so we cleaned it ourselves and took the trash down, asking to have the cans to be returned and the guy who had checked us in 30 minutes earlier asked us if we had our "do not disturb sign" on our door, which would be why our room wasn't cleaned??? The gym was filthy; again, I went to front desk to ask for cleaning solution and the girl handed me the cleaning solution but looked at me like I was crazy (I warned her what could happen with MRSA, staph, etc, with such a dirty gym; she asked me if there weren't clean towels in there; I said that towels are fine, but without cleaning solution, you are just mushing around the germs); any way, I cleaned it as well...our shower knob fell off while we were showering, which we replaced, but the cobwebs between the radiator and the window were too bad for me to clean; we are not clean freaks, either. But paying a premium for a suite should be worth exceptional service and a clean room.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Mom of 7
"Incredibly overpriced"
Don't get me wrong: this is a nice hotel, especially for Saratoga. But incredibly overpriced. I paid appx. $500/night during the height of the summer concert season and race track opening day. At this price, I expect top of the line everything, a la Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, etc. The Putnam is not even close to that level. No hotel pool. No stereo/iPod dock. Portable air conditioning unit, so you have a big, ugly hose in your room. So-so bedding. So-so toiletries. Cheap ironing board and iron. Half-mile walk to the spa. 2.5 miles to town.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
The hotel is charming and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Loved this place. If you're looking for a modern look, stay at a Holiday Inn. The Gideon has beautiful grounds and a great look inside. Smaller, older bathroom but very clean and great, fast service.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Adequate"
Curbside appearance is very nice. This is an old building now used for a hotel. Lobby and first floor were very nice. The hotel grounds were also presentable. However, time has taken it's toll on the outside of the building and not kept up. The doors leading to the outside courtyard were sorely lacking a stripping and new paint. The flowers were primarily flowering weeds. The breakfast service was slow. Front desk staff were professionals. Rooms were clean but somewhat dark. Trolley to downtown was also a plus. Hotels.com price was $160 which was worth it for sure. Rack rate of $290 is a stretch.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Beautiful location but very old hotel"
Beautiful spot in saratoga but unfortunately not updated hotel-- surprised with this as it is considered one of the nicest hotels in the area. So old fashioned and needs to be renovated - does not justify the price.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Leona
"Old hotel past its prime..."
Hotel was just OK. Front desk person was not customer friendly when we arrived, and facility was disappointing; just old, not charming, not kept up... past its prime.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Beautiful grounds"
Enjoy the location and the outdoors. The hotel is in major need of upgrading, the halls and elevators smelled very bad.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Grant Paynter
Top online.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Joe Z
"Beautiful Location - Not so service"
This hotel is in a beautiful location and is a lovely old facility that has been well-maintained. The service was only so-so - on a Friday evening when the weekend crowd was arriving, there was no valet, bell staff, or concierge. At the price of this hotel, I expected all three. The restaurant served my vegetable side lukewarm to cold (I've never had to send back roasted veggies before!). All together, I won't try this again.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
viennatrg
Truly loved the 1930's era built hotel - so much character! Good job on the modern amenities of comfort. The park setting was wonderful too - very peaceful. A wedding took place during our stay - what a great destinatiion for the happy couple. The reception area looked really beautiful.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
My husband and I truly enjoyed our time at the Gideon Putnam Hotel.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Charming Hotel"
We stayed in May 2014 and attended a show at SPAC. It was nice to be able to take a 5-10 minute walk to the concert from the hotel and then back. It was worthwhile not having to sit in traffic after the concert. The setting, within the State Park is beautiful. we did some mountain biking in the park and really enjoyed that. There is also a great golf course on the premises as well as tennis, hiking, biking, Pools, Spa, museums. The hotel is charming but it is the overall setting that completes the charm.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Very pleasant, great experience ."
Check in was very pleasant, room clean, staff very helpful .
Other trip May 28, 2014
layla
"Old charm but a bit tired"
The hotel has a great history and location. The hotel and rooms however have not kept pace. Overall a good experience but work is needed.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
We stayed at the hotel over Memorial Day. The location was fantastic. We were there to see a concert and the hotel is walking distance to SPAC! The hotel has a shuttle if you want to go into downtown Sartoga. Our room was nice, but the shower drain was clogged so water backed up. That was annoying! Also, they must allow pets, because we were woke up to a dog barking in the room next to us.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Lindsay
"Beautiful wooded surroundings"
A perfect location and ambiance. Lovely architecture and grounds. Wouldn't hesitate to return. Pleasant and accommodating staff. All in all, a wonderful and memorable experience.
2 night trip May 21, 2014
"Wonderful Old Resort"
I would like to have the opportunity to stay just for fun. There is so much to see and do right on the grounds. Saratoga is a great town! gateway to the Adirondacks! The mineral baths and the springs are a highlight.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
"walking into the past for comfort"
The staff were off the charts and the food was great. I would love to get the recipe for the mac and cheese.. The place and grounds were super. The door person was right there. The front desk young women was perfect. I had room service it was perfect. The tv was giving me trouble when I arrived and they were right there to fix it.. Thanks I will tell my friends and come again
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
eddie c
"Nice hotel in a pleasant setting."
Our experience was very nice. The TV in the room was a bit of a hassle but we informed the desk and, hopefully, they will correct it before the next guests arrived. It was very stately, there was a lot going on yet not much noise at all. We just wanted a quiet, romantic weekend away and it fit the bill perfectly
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great getaway for some sister time."
We were first time visitors to this hotel. We were very happy with the fact that we could shuttle into town and not have to drive. Our driver Alex was great. We called to be picked up and he was there within 10 min. We had a great time at the Roosevelt spa. Service was excellent.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Loritc
"Staying for a wedding"
This hotel was perfect location for a wedding that took place very close in Saratoga. Staff was very accommodating- needed an early check-in since we were coming from one event and had to change for the second- worked out very well!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"not fabulous"
I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel, however, they put me in an average, out-dated room. I was hoping to be impressed, the hotel has tons of character and charm, but I was not blown away. Everything is on par with a 2 1/2 - 3 star hotel. I was hoping because of the price and the exclusivity that I would be blown away. I have had other people tell me they look forward to trips there, these people are obviously staying in a better room than me. The heating unit in the room was broken, all the knobs were broken off and jagged and I had to call the front desk and they had to send someone up. They were reactive to the issue, but I should have an updated unit in the room if the present one is busted. P.S. Do not be in a hurry for breakfast. It takes about an hour to sit in the restaurant and eat breakfast..
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Very nice"
My boyfriend & I just wanted to get away. So we decided to come here. It was very quiet, and comforting. The food was very good too. The employees were very nice and welcoming to us and pointed us to the direction for the hiking trails. I would definitely stay again. Great prices, great location, comfortable beds couldn't ask for a better stay
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Nessa
"A real treat!"
Having gone to Saratoga Springs many time, this was my first stay at this hotel. The staff was welcoming, accommodating, and the room was so comfortable. I had a king sized room but it was far more than I every expected. A most enjoyable stay, quiet, and close to the Roosevelt Spa.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Rose
"Beautiful Resort"
A very pleasant stay , staff and room were excellent
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Beeman2626
"Beautiful setting, friendly service"
Not a spacious room, but a good value considering the pedigree of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2014
We stayed this past weekend and really loved it. Sunday Brunch was superb!! Highly recommend it.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Lynn
"Last minute stay-over in snow storm"
Booked via wifi from state rest stop an hour away, for overnight stay during snow storm.Quaint hotel with real New England feel. Off the main road, in a pine forest that's part of the Saratoga Springs State Park. Quiet, country setting, with walking trails through the park. Great value for price off-season in March. Very we'll maintained. Staff helpful, friendly. Drive to most restaurants, attractions, shopping.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Winter stay"
The hotel interior was good. Issues I encountered involved how the grounds were maintained during the winter. The sidewalks at 9 AM had not been shoveled. The unplowed parking lot is quite a distance from the entrance door. Dragging my suitcase through the un-shoveled sidewalks was not something I expected. I would suggest adding valet service or additional grounds crews.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Kris
"Not a lot to offer in the winter"
This hotel in not one I'd stay at in the winter. The ONLY thing to do is go to the Roosevelt Spa, which offers no deals for guests and is over priced and outdated. We could have gone snow shoeing I guess, but it was freezing and icy. The hotel was empty and it felt like something out of the shining.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
nice hotel, food from restaurant was not great
1 night trip Feb 17, 2014
"Room at Gideon"
We were initially booked into a room that was supposed to be "Deluxe Queen", however, the room was definitely NOT "deluxe" and the bed was a miniature bed, decidedly not queen, and not even double. When I complained I was told this is their "queen" bed. The room was bland, unappealing, small, and had an unpleasant odor. After the first night in their "miniature queen" bed the new person at the desk the following day was much more responsive to my concerns and immediatelysuggested we change to a king bed. The room was larger, much brighter, cleaner, and the bed was actually a king.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
"Historical place but pass on it and go to another"
We stayed for one overnight and were given a room next to the elevator which was terrible with noise throughout the night. Perhaps it was punishment for taking a pet friendly room. The heat was exceptionally high with no adjustment that worked. I would never stay in this hotel again and can not recommend it.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Peg
"hotel closest to Roosevelt Baths"
The Gideon Putnam is the only hotel in the State Park and is maybe a five minute walk to the Roosevelt Bath house. The grounds are spectacular. We were there in the winter and it was beautiful....can only imagine how beautiful it is every other time of the year. If you have never been to the Roosevelt Baths then do yourself a favor....GO! And for the experience to be the best...stay at the Gideon Putnam. It is close to Saratoga Springs and to the racetrack and you don't even have to leave the park during the summer to be entertained at the SPAC. The staff at the Gideon is wonderful...always helpful and courteous and there when you need them. Cannot say enough good about them. The rooms were clean and very comfortable (the bed usually tells a lot..and it was very comfortable). The Gideon is a very old hotel, but is well maintained and very elegant as you drive up. We will definitely be going back.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Beautiful historic hotel."
My boyfriend and I wanted a nice get away for the weekend. We loved the Gideon.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Gorgeous"
The hotel and staff were superb. Linens and towels were so comfy. Wish the bathroom was a bit larger though. Also-our room was over the kitchen so we smelled french fries when we arrived and awoke to the smell of breakfast each morning.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Mary Maloney
"Wedding Anniversary or Camping?"
We enjoyed being together, but we were told that we would have a queen sized bed. The bed was a full size bed, and when asked if we could change our room, the concierge said that they were small queens? Really? Also, the bathroom looks like they chose the cheapest material from home depot. The bath tub was extremely small. It definitely needs a make over. The hotel room looks like a run down one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn or Queens. The gym also needs renovation. The spa was nice, though, Very disappointed with hotel room, but enjoyed the spa.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Not a Cookie Cutter Hotel"
This is an historic hotel. Do not expect Holiday Inn Express one-size fits all here. This is a quirky old place in a beautiful setting. Yes, the hotel is a little tired, and temperamental (as is the staff). But many of these unique places are quietly slipping away. Much like the fast food industry, people tend to gravitate toward what they know. This is a past we would like to keep. I hope others support it as we have done. I hope you can look past some of the perceived shortcomings to find a quiet well appointed room and a comfortable nights stay. There are two huge (yes, they're real) fireplaces in the lobby. Nice music, historical architecture, etc etc. Beautiful grounds and spa. Saratoga Springs is a great weekender.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
CapeCodder
"enchanted saratoga springs getaway"
Arrived at the Gideon Putnam Hotel and was graciously welcomed. The staff were professional and displayed kindness which was a welcoming beginning. Received my room and went there to see the sites. I was very pleased and comfortable with theh room. Then I took a walk on the grounds and was in my glory. Came back and met family members in the bar for a beer and then we all went to celebrate my Aunt's 90th birthday at her home. It was delightful and a joy to share this ;moment with all. I know next time I will schedule for the spa treatments. It
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
priscilla
"Very nice stay"
This was not our first stay here, nor will it be our last. Great historic hotel, in a great setting, with nice amenitites. Only complaint would be the noise from adjacent rooms...walls are thin, not our favorite historic feature.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
Will & Lori
"Visited the Roosevelt Baths"
One of the best old world hotels. The staff and service was the very best.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
James Carr
"Disappointed in room"
Beautiful grounds, lovely common areas within the hotel however very ,disappointing room. Very small beds- were not queens even though we were told that they were. Small room,stained carpet, bath drain did not work . Maintenance had to fix our heat. The staff was very nice.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2014
Elyssa
"Next time, we're coming here purposfully!"
I chose the Gideon Putnam Hotel based on ratings and price, but was completely unprepared for what awaited us. A huge, majestic, historic building with amazing rooms and wonderful staff...for the price, we just expected a place to sleep for the night, but now? Now we have to come back with friends to indulge in the spa offerings and just soak in or get out into the surroundings...
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Michael B
"Disappointing."
I stayed here last week. Had heard this was the place to stay in Saratoga Springs. It is in a beautiful park which was great. Check in was easy, but then the disappointment started once out of the elevator. Stains on the hallway carpet. Then we got to our room, which was very oddly configured. I get it though, it's an old property. But there was spackle all over the walls that had not been painted over, and old furniture. The overall condition of the room felt more motel than hotel.
2 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Old world charm"
Gideon Putnam is a grand old hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, the restaurant was excellent, but the rooms and some of the hotel furnishings feel a little run down. We really enjoyed the nearby spa which had wonderfully invigorating, bubbly mineral water and a great massage afterward. I'd recommend this hotel as a characterful place to stay in this interesting town. But I don't think I'd stay more than a night or two.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
JJ
"very disappointed"
the room was not clean at all, bathroom was very dirty. Maids haven't done the cleaning properly even though I tipped them every night. You can't lock bathroom door. anyway, never stayed anywhere like this. Only hotel staff (except maids) were very nice!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Zuzu
Our room was in the front so it was noisy. We did not get a good night sleep.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013