All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd. Kukulcan Km 8.5, Manzana 50, Lote 5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great service, great food and nice swimming pool"
everything was great specially service and food. My only problem was with HOTELS.COM I paid for 2 adults and 1 kid, but when I get to the hotel they only have the reservation for 1 adult and 1 kid, so I had to paid 400 dollars more for the extra person.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Ricardo
Good experience but they need to imoroved more, boring at night and staff need to be more nice
Other trip May 25, 2015
Rooms need to be updated. There isn't any room service available, there is no iPod docks or clocks in the rooms. The bathroom should have toiletries.
Other trip May 23, 2015
tanya
Our trip was 7 nights. & are very pleased with the hotel appearance, hotel was clean, staff was very nice, the daily activities were great. The resort needs to work on better nightlife. I There is only one night club that plays pretty good music but it's small. The food was excellent (breakfast, lunch & dinner) buffets. One thing I wasn't very pleased was the fact that you needed to make reservations 2 days in advance to get a restaurant reservation. The resort has three you can pick from 1) Italian 2) steakhouse 3) Japanese Our overall experience was great & we would stay here again.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Good location n very clean hotel"
Hotel was very nice and clean, staff very friendly, activities were good, entertainment too was good and fun. I would improve the 24 hour food service area (sport bar) or change it. The dinner restaurant reservation system could be improved. I Didn't care for waiting online for dinner reservations daily. But over all a place that I would recommend friends n family bc of location of shops/clubs/beach location.
Other trip May 17, 2015
J.Vito
"Lively!"
This was our second stay at the Riu Cancun, we loved it before the remodel and we love it now. The location is perfect and the buffet is top notch.
Other trip May 12, 2015
rfamilyrox
"Excellent staff"
Beautiful place. Loved the staff and entertainment.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Rizz
"Great hotel close to everything"
We have been to cancun 11 times and stayed at a different resort each time. Riu cancun has the best buffet food and selection by far. The resort is in a great location. You can walk everywhere from a new grocery store across the street to shopping to the night clubs. All the staff were super friendly and resort was spotless. The entertainment staff were great and fun shows every night. I would highly recommend this resort
Other trip May 5, 2015
steve
"Nice Hotel, Nice Staff"
Beach was a little rocky in front of the hotel but overall a very nice place to stay. Buffet style food that was overall good.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Amazing Hotel at a GREAT Location"
I recently visited the Riu Cancun for a trip with my boyfriend and boy were we impressed! We stayed in the Junior Suite which is beautiful! Our favorite part of the room was the large balcony which overlooked the ocean and all of the pool area making it a great spot for pictures and to relax if we didn't feel like leaving the room. The hotel is only a short 5 minute walk from all of the nightlife and many other hotels which was convenient for us. The hotel staff was amazing!!! They answered all of our questions, they had wonderful personalities, and they kept the excitement alive for all of the individuals staying there. I would highly recommend this hotel in the future!! Best vacation thus far!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Destiny
"Beautiful hotel by beach"
Such a great experience. The beach is literally right outside the hotel. I went for my friends birthday and without even telling them, the hotel staff came while we were out and decorated the room with balloons and stuff for the bday girl. So sweet and very thoughtful. Everyone was so nice and the hotel was always so clean. Such a great hotel to stay at. Riu cancun will be a hotel I visit again.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Deanna
"The Stay"
Great Hotel, young crowd. staff was great. I was just a little unsatisfied with the room. I had no clock, WiFi didn't work at all, no room service available. Phone Numbers were not available. You had to read all paper work to get info you needed. Map given was not that helpful. Other then that it was a busy fun place.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Teresa
"Great hotel spectacular location"
This hotel is just a 5 minute walk away from the party scene (coco bongo, senor frogs etc) I recommend this hotel for ppl who are looking for a fun energetic hotel experience. The hotel has a show every night and many day activities.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
maria
"Hotel is very nice, steps away from the beach."
Rooms are clean. Food is excellent. Staff are all nice. I can not say anything bad about the hotel and the service.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Riu resorts are the best!!!"
DONT believe ANY bad review!!! This was our 3rd time to cancun but first time at the riu cancun hotel the other 2 times we stayed at the riu caribe and loved it there but decided to try out a different hotel but were leery because we loved it and didn't want to be disappointed by staying at a new hotel!! And we were not disappointed!!!! The hotel was beautiful, newly remodeled, great beach and awesome people and workers!!!!! We tipped our beech waiter and never had to get off the beech to get drinks so order 2 to 3 at a time and you'll be very happy in no time lol!!! So friendly!!! Food was good but if your expecting 5 star food you better lower your expectations or not choose a all inclusive resort the food was good and liked it!! Entertainment was always good and snorkeling on their beech was great saw so many fish a crab and a sting ray!!! Stay at this or any Riu hotel and you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Jeremy
"Beautiful scenery and exciting activities"
Buffet eating needs a little help. Food mediocre. Kind of sucks you can't eat anytime or anything you want. all tile flooring in rooms not great, especially if you have an infant. Showers are awesome. Great action most of the day. great location to bars and clubs. Ok Service overall but nothing to write home about.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
ange
"Loved being close to ocean ."
Could have catered more to shoppers with shuttle in for. Disliked birds flying in eating area. Staff mostly non English speaking but very friendly.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
mike
"Very modern hotel"
let me start by saying that u get your money's worth when coming to this hotel. Drinks= Ok.. watered-down.. I also noticed that they use cheap liquor... you won't see any branded bottles.. Food= Alot to choose from, but after three days on breakfast lunch and dinner buffet, you start to notice that they serve almost the same thing.. Room= Beautiful view and service is excellent...
Rene
"Nice Hotel But Not a FAN of the new décor."
My husband and I have been to RIU Cancun 4 years in a row. We came back this year because we were excited to see the NEW décor and hoped it would be an improvement over what we thought was a GREAT place to stay. NOT SO MUCH... We don't like the new Modern décor. Clean for sure but all the glass just feels cold and not as homey as before. The staff was Wonderful and we found that Marlene, Hernandez and Renee, J Carlos took GREAT care of us, in the dining rooms and bars. That's why we just don't understand why the towel guy is so rude, and why he has to be that way.
Gina
Great location. Walking distance to clubs and restaurants. The rooms were okay and I would have liked more food options and more waiters walking around instead of having to go get my own drinks!
beajoe
Only issue was "king" bed was two doubles pushed together.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"The staff was much better in 2007"
The hotel staff and entertainment team was much better in 2007 and 2008. We tried to make a reservation for the steak house @ the Riu Cancun where we stay this last time. The girl (Page) was in charge at that time and she said that everything was booked from Tuesday to Saturday and she couldn't put us on the reservation list just for us to experiment the food. My husband and I were not trying to "experiment" since this was our 3rd time going there. Not happy how she treated us. Room was clean, the buffet food was ok. Most definitely not going back to Riu Cancun!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Jaky
"Great Value for everything included."
Hotel is very clean and everyone is so polite and attentive to all your needs.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
R&E
"Not a good family vacation spot"
Not a kid friendly resort. I was scared to take my children to the main pool because of too many drunk high school kids. The chairs and pool areas were very crowded. When we checked in we were told all 3 of the restaurants were book for our whole stay so we had to eat at the buffet for every meal. The food was good but the buffet style got old fast.
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"spring break"
Beautiful, clean hotel. Staff was great! Food was a little different at first but there was a wide variety to choose from for even the pickiest eaters. We were there with High School spring breakers and I thought that there should be a club open for them in the evening regardless of their age.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Great service, great staff, clean, nice beach."
Everything was really nice, good food, although there was problems with the power for a couple days. One of those days we had to get up at 6am and there was no light to get ready to go on a tour. But other than that it was great. The Hotel did send letters of apology and fruit for the inconvenience.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Nina
Amazing balcony view. Friendly staff. Beautiful hotel. Just make sure to book your dinner reservations as soon as you check in (you needed to rsvp two days in advance for the nicer restaurants in the hotel)
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Good Stay"
Nice hotel infront of the beach, it was recently renovated. The food was OK, the hotel staff we´re great. Nice ocean view room with a balcony. Not a great hotel but you get your money´s worth.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
JP
"Spring 2015"
Very nice and clean . Food ok can find something as so mixh to choose from. Staff very nice and pleasant beach and pools awesome. Wish more entertainment at night not much to do after dinner unlesss fo off to a club in cancun . Overall very nice place to stay
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
walt
The hotel is definitely much nicer in the pictures. The guest rooms are very plain and boring. The beds are very uncomfortable and small. The bottled waters inside the minibar were used and never replaced with sealed ones. The towels were not clean. The food is mediocre. They have 4 restaurants of which you must make reservations 2 days ahead of time. So the first 2 days your only option is the buffet. And the alcohol is basic house alcohol. Will not be returning again. The only nice part of the hotel is the beach and the view.
"Good!"
Good all inclusive hotel! Recently renovated it was very clean form the main areas to the rooms. The wifi was free in the main areas of the hotel only, but very fast. Rooms were comfortable and well stocked with drinks. Waiters and bartenders were very attentive. Location is right on the beach, a few blocks from all the bars/clubs. Plenty of activities throughout the resort. Food was good! My only complaints were regarding the food though- there are only 3 "specialty" restaurants and you have to reserve 2 days in advance. We were only there for 3 nights, so there was only one restaurant with availability. During off peak times, there are very limited options (miss lunch after 4:00 there is basically nothing until the next restaurant opens at 6:30). No room service options, and after 12:00 am there is nothing but some left over refrigerated hamburgers from earlier in the day and nachos with the worst fake cheese I have ever had. The only other thing was checkout was a hassle with a line and they required you to turn in all towel and room keys or they charged you (who keeps plastic room keys, many of us had left them in the room?).
3 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Jay
"Great Hotel with amazing view."
Absolutely amazing hotel and I would recommend it to everyone. Had a great time on the beach and in the pool with the swim-up bar. The staff was very curious and the food was amazing. Great location with a short walk to the clubs and restaurants. Great view from our ocean view room. Great Hotel chain and the all inclusive aspect was great. We jumped between all three hotels on the island and were able to enjoy all the amenities of each establishment. We would gladly stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Matthew
"Nice hotel, near to the beach"
Overall everything was good comfortab food vas excellent
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
We had a wonderful time at Riu Cancun. We would stay there again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
We loved our stay at this hotel, from the food, which always seemed fresh, to the service, entertainment, and accommodations. Would come back anytime!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Best location ever"
I loved the place bc not only it was a great hotel but the staff was excellent too. Real close to downtown and everything was walking distance. Most definitely will stay there next time
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
parth
"Nice hotel. Close to beach and city. Great locatio"
Absolute blast! Will definitely go back some day.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Overall it was a good experience staying at this hotel. The only thing I have to complain about is that the room smelled really strong like humidity and some of the staff were a little rude.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Nice location, poor customer service"
They charge for Wi-Fi, which doesn't work appropriately... They gave me room where restroom pipes were broken, and all bathroom was in the water from toilet leak, I requested to change my room, and now i got shower clogg problem. 15min I was calling to customer service from the room, because shower drain was clogged, and it was impossible to take shower, no one answered the phone so I can get help, then I went downstairs and saw 5 employees standing there, I requested to see manager, they said manager left, and will be here tomorrow 8pm. To my question why they were not answering to the calls, they didn't had any answer, instead they we're looking at me like an idiots. Food was good, overal its ok, just poor customer service, and it's not nice they don't give you free Wi-Fi, and even when you pay, still doesn't work. Also it smells bad from their pillows.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Adriana
"Great time but still room for improvement."
The hotel looks great. Rooms are okay. Some staff are really nice others can be rude. Food is okay at best. Pool can get really packed so get there early. Drinks are really good. Not really a kid friendly place. Overall had a really fun time and would probably stay here again.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
alec
"Excellent- Riu staff is the best"
We love the clean hotel and nice staff. The entertainment group is amazing and keeps you laughing while at the pool. The night shows are wonderful and they try to get the audience involved. Its a great time!!! All inclusive with something for everyone.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Tracy
"The best time of my life"
Great beach great pool great food great staff great bars great location.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
james
"best 1600$ I have ever spent"
Went for a week and enjoyed every minute of this trip. Great expirence top notch customer services all employees seemed to love their job and made you feel welcome. Brand new facilities all newly renovated. Only complaint is late night food options were sub par.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
cory
"Nice hotel with close beach"
Very nice hotel and staff. Beach was a little crowded. Do not loose your towel card and watch that no one steals your towels. We had a party of 6 and turned in 5 towel cards. The check out staff was going to charge $20. for the lost card. The manager on duty, bless his heart, did not make us pay the$20. Food was excellent.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Kay
the experience was just ok not great by any means, expected more
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
dave
"Mediocre"
Hotel wasn't far from airport and location was great. Able to go out and walk around to shops and restaurants and clubs. Hotel was very very clean. Beach was great long distance to walk or lounge and drinks served constantly. Pools were ok kind of small and not connected to one another. Drinks were watered down..all drinks..champagne wine you name it..nasty couldn't even enjoy an ice cold beer Bevause their tap obviously wasn't at the right temp. Food wasn't good either even at the restaurants very disappointing. No room service which stunk..they did have a 24 hour bar with food which was also gross..same food all day everyday an not many options..overall the place was nice but the food and drink was a huge turn off and that's why we'd not return.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
gina
"Vacation in Paridice"
We had a wonderful 8 days of weather the first part of March.The remodel at this Riu is great it is just like the Riu Caribe remodel. I would have to say that the Steak House at the Caribe has alot better steak than the Riu Cancun. I love the pools and Beach at both Hotels. We stayed at the Caribe in December and loved it as well.The service was great at the Riu Cancun.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Roger
Excellent. Great place. Only recommendation is advertising a king size bed shouldn't be two doubles pushed together.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
jennifer
"All in all, a great experience"
Riu Cancun Alll-inclusive is a beautiful resort. It was my first all-inclusive experience and it did not disappoint. The buffet was varied and tasty, and the multiple bars produced the drink of your choice quickly and with a smile. They make it difficult to make the reservations at the 3 onsite restaurants, yet when you eat there they are half empty. Make your reservations as soon as you arrive. If you are a liquor snob you may not like their offerings. Make friends with the bartender and order a drink with some of the more premium liquor they keep under the counter, like Absolut flavored vodkas. That's about as premium as it gets. The beach is breathtaking and one of the best features. Enjoy!
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Kari
"Very Enjoyable! Loved the place and the staff."
We were very impressed with this resort. The staff were so friendly and they went out of their way to please. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The beach was awesome and we loved that we could snorkel right in front of the hotel. We met some wonderful people while we were there and made new friends we are now keeping in contact with. This place is perfect for families and couples both. The choices of food was exceptional. They had such a variety of food options to please everyone no matter which part of the country you were from. If you are looking for a swimmable beach this is a great choice. We have only good things about our stay.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015